Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
Johnwiley
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Default The Carol Burnett Show

Does anyone remember The Long-Running Variety Show
"The Carol Burnett Show" that ran on CBS From September 11, 1967, Though March 29, 1978.

Does anyone have the video "The Carol Burnett Show: The Collector's Edition" All 20 Volumes From Columbia House Video.
Johnwiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:20 PM   #2
Penny Lane
Love Me Do
Forum Icon

I love Carol Burnett! She's a genius!

No, I don't have that video
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Rickenbacker
Forum Regular

Thumbs up

This was a *great* show! I was in it mainly for her & Tim Conway. He & his characters made me laugh most consistently. And of course, how could you *not* laugh along when the cast would start cracking up in the middle of skits because of him??

I haven't looked, but is there a special section of this site devoted to this show?
Rickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 08:04 PM   #4
britt britt
Catherine O'Hara

Send a message via ICQ to britt britt

I love this show soo much its hilarious!
Destiny rules
That the spirits are ruthless
With the paths they choose
It's not being together
It's just following the rules
No one's a fool

britt britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #5
LucyFan
Still Loving Lucy!
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up CAROL BURNETT IS HILARIOUS!

Carol Burnett is hilarious! I absolutely love watching her perform with Lucille Ball on episodes of The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy. Carol is such a great comedian thanks to American's Favorite Redhead, (First Lady of American Comedy, the Original Queen of Comedy), LUCILLE BALL!
LucyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 11:52 AM   #6
JoPol_wannabe

Oh I loved that show I remember when it used to be on cable my grandma and I used to watch that all the time together. Carol Burnette is one of the funniest ladies of all time. And no I don't have the video either but I would like to get it someday.

You can fish in one hand and crap in the other- Grandpa Gustafson Grumpy Old Men

Jo: Oh no Tootie, I hate teaching people how to drive... They're always nervous, they make stupied mistakes, and they cry when you slap them.

Sookie: Super Cool Party People say Super Cool Ado

Lorelai: Oy with the poodles already- Gilmore Girls
JoPol_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 12:40 PM   #7
harper
gentlegiant
Frequent Poster

Default I remember C.Burnett very much so,

not to brag but the fact is I was born and grew up with my dad on the show.He is Harvey Korman.The Columbia house collection only produced only five or six tapes.I heard a rumor and will ask my dad if its true.The Burnett show is suppose to be on nike at nite next yr.You have to understand that N&N have to buy the rights and the actors and writers,directors,musicians negotiate their peace of the financial pie.if they know they can make a sizable profit they will negotiate higher then they normally would.Its alot about clout and seniority.Carol and Joe and my dad and Tim would get sizable payments as vickie will.She makes alot on Mama's family.The directors make more then the writers.The agents try to up it so they get a bigger chunk of 10 then usual.I hope I didn't bore you with this Tv.Talk.My dad is 76.remarried and lives in Southern CA.with his wife and two other children.He and Tim Conway are touring the country.IF you tell me where you live I can tell you if they are coming to your town.I was Born may 24 in 1967 and the show went on september 11 1967.And their reunion aired september 11 on the day of the world trade center or the day before it.Anyways I'm married with a four yr old boy who is my fathers first grand son.I miss the burnett show and wish some networks would put on the entire 11 yrs.my dad left after 10 yrs.If I can answer any questions but don't want to do it on this board email me at CHPK@erols.com.Take care.I'm so glad we had this time together.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #8
mstewart
mstewart

Send a message via Yahoo to mstewart
Default Re: I remember C.Burnett very much so,

Quote:
Originally posted by harper
not to brag but the fact is I was born and grew up with my dad on the show.He is Harvey Korman.The Columbia house collection only produced only five or six tapes.I heard a rumor and will ask my dad if its true.The Burnett show is suppose to be on nike at nite next yr.You have to understand that N&N have to buy the rights and the actors and writers,directors,musicians negotiate their peace of the financial pie.if they know they can make a sizable profit they will negotiate higher then they normally would.Its alot about clout and seniority.Carol and Joe and my dad and Tim would get sizable payments as vickie will.She makes alot on Mama's family.The directors make more then the writers.The agents try to up it so they get a bigger chunk of 10 then usual.I hope I didn't bore you with this Tv.Talk.My dad is 76.remarried and lives in Southern CA.with his wife and two other children.He and Tim Conway are touring the country.IF you tell me where you live I can tell you if they are coming to your town.I was Born may 24 in 1967 and the show went on september 11 1967.And their reunion aired september 11 on the day of the world trade center or the day before it.Anyways I'm married with a four yr old boy who is my fathers first grand son.I miss the burnett show and wish some networks would put on the entire 11 yrs.my dad left after 10 yrs.If I can answer any questions but don't want to do it on this board email me at CHPK@erols.com.Take care.I'm so glad we had this time together.
I emailed you and it came back saying undeliverable.
mstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:30 PM   #9
Heidi Dawn
Muppets
Forum Regular

Smile

I wasn't born until 1979 (today's my birthday, May 24), a year after Carol Burnett went off the air. When I was about 6, a local station in Canada called ASN ran the reruns of Carol Burnett (the half-hour version) everyday for about a year. It was on at a great time because I had just got home from school for the day. I used to do imitations of Carol's skits just for fun. The Comedy Network ran the reruns from 1999-02 weekdays and weekends. I want this show to come to DVD (the Showstopper Special is on DVD). My mother is also a fan of Carol Burnett, growing up when it originally ran for 11 years. I think Carol, Harvey, Vicki, Tim, and Lyle are great and it was great to see them in the 1993 reunion special.
Complete Series Box Sets I own: MASH, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island, The Dukes Of Hazzard, The Golden Girls, The Monkees, The Brady Bunch, Full House, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched, Taxi, Gimme A Break, Dallas, Charlie's Angels, Joanie Loves Chachi, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Diff'rent Strokes, Green Acres.
Heidi Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #10
AtlantaBravesFan29
Atlanta Braves Fan

Thumbs up

I love The Carol Burnett Show!!! Although I was too young to watch the show originally,I watched the reruns when it went into syndication in a half-hour format with the comedy sketches. My favorite ones are where Ed, Eunice and Mama are involved in,they are hilarious,especially the ones where they played Monopoly and Sorry,and the one where Mama and Eunice go to Ed's Hardware Store. Also the classic sketch,"Went With The Wind" where they redid "Gone With The Wind" and Carol comes downstairs with the curtains and the curtain rod intact. Hilarious!!! Also the ones where Tim plays the old man and Harvey gets tickled at Tim because he makes the funniest jokes. Also saw the Show Stoppers show they had on last year where they shared what happened behind the scenes on the show. I wish I could get TV Land on basic cable by 2004 because that's when Carol Burnett and Friends joins the TV Land lineup.
AtlantaBravesFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:34 AM   #11
PZelda
Two Valeries! <3
Forum Addict

Thumbs up

I love The Carol Burnett Show!! I never watched it much when it was on in reruns up until the mid-90's, but I remember it well. I also remember the countless references they made to Carol Burnett over the years. LOL

I am a HUGE fan of Vicki Lawrence (as if it weren't obvious. LOL), so I am REALLY happy Carol's show is coming back in 2004.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #12
jackjohnson52183
Occasional Poster

Hi There,Which Of Those Episodes Of The Carol Burnett Show Had A Part That Showed Carol Seat Herself On A Beach Chair,Only For That Part Of The Beach Chair & Her Butt To Nearly Drop To The Ground,Perhaps,Because Something Was Wrong With It?
jackjohnson52183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:04 PM   #13
Duster76
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohnson52183 View Post
Hi There,Which Of Those Episodes Of The Carol Burnett Show Had A Part That Showed Carol Seat Herself On A Beach Chair,Only For That Part Of The Beach Chair & Her Butt To Nearly Drop To The Ground,Perhaps,Because Something Was Wrong With It?
It looks like you're new around these parts, first welcome, second the discussion you're responding to is a thread that ran from 4-5-2003-6-8 2003.
Duster76 is offline   Reply With Quote