Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2018, 06:46 PM   #76
Hot Jock
Member
Forum Regular
 
Hot Jock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 09, 2016
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew790
Or they tried and they freaked and it wasn't aired? Or maybe only agreed to do the show if they wouldn't give that theory any credence.
If thatís the case, then itís actually a little hard to feel sorry for them. This case virtually screams, ďOccamís razorĒ at the top of its lungs.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:35 AM   #77
bugnpinky
Member
Frequent Poster
 
bugnpinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03, 2009
Location: Where it's hot
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
Wow, really? It wasnít even so much as mentioned as a possibility? Thatís completely irresponsible journalism IMO. That girl 100% fell overboard drunk that night. That family is never going to accept her death as being an accident and move on, it seems. 😟
Unfortuantely you can't say for certain that she fell overboard drunk. It's not a fact that happened. What is a fact is that she's missing and there is no body. That's it. Anything else is opinions, possibilities, and speculation-not facts. Stating she fell overboard drunk isn't a fact.
bugnpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:27 AM   #78
Mike82
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 19, 2017
Posts: 167
Default

I would love to know whether the family is in massive denial or they deliberately avoid that theory to add more drama. This case and Katherine Korzillus are the two where I feel bad for the family for wasting so much time and money chasing after ghosts.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:49 PM   #79
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugnpinky
Unfortuantely you can't say for certain that she fell overboard drunk. It's not a fact that happened. What is a fact is that she's missing and there is no body. That's it. Anything else is opinions, possibilities, and speculation-not facts. Stating she fell overboard drunk isn't a fact.
It's not a proven fact, but I think a few of us or more strongly believe that it did happen.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #80
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
I would love to know whether the family is in massive denial or they deliberately avoid that theory to add more drama. This case and Katherine Korzillus are the two where I feel bad for the family for wasting so much time and money chasing after ghosts.
I think they are in denial about her falling overboard. It is strange that in the UM they open by instantly debunking the overboard theory by showing that she was afraid to go near the edge, but the last credible witness of her being alive was her father seeing her on the balcony.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #81
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
*sigh*

Last night was the first time I saw the 2018 'Disappeared' episode about Amy. Other episodes of the series sometimes throw out many possible theories to family members and ask for their opinions on them. However, the falling overboard theory was never brought up to the Bradleys here and never covered.

Despite the fact that I'm 99% sure she fell overboard, this episode was hard to watch. The Bradley family is still clearly in agony.

An accidental death from falling overboard situation would be horrible for friends and family to deal with. The pain is always with you. But I would think that feeling she was abducted and sold in to sex slavery where her life would be on borrowed time would be a feeling that is ten times worse. That's the kind of pain that would make it nearly impossible to get out of bed every morning. If (GOD forbid) I was in their situation, I know which scenario would make it a little easier to go on with my life and it's not the one they're clinging to. Either scenario does not equal her being alive today.

My heart breaks for the Bradley family.
that's exactly how I feel. I thought the same things after watching the disappeared segment. for a show that usually takes its time to cover every scenario they leave that out? Also I found it strange that they mention that a body was found off the shore of curacao, but it was never analysed for comparison to Amy? I don't know if it is 100% true, but it does seem as if the family wants to consider the kidnapping scenario because that keeps Amy alive, but as you say it doesn't seem like a good life for her if that is what happened. nothing short of a miracle would lead to a happy ending here and I also feel for her family.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:14 AM   #82
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,639
Default

It's nice to see a bunch of people finally accepting Occam's Razor in this case instead of the ridiculous sex slavery theories that were thrown around for years.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:55 AM   #83
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
It's not a proven fact, but I think a few of us or more strongly believe that it did happen.
Then why doesn't the family believe that??
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:57 AM   #84
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,461
Default

I saw the Disappeared episode on ID that you guys have talked about. Has there been ANY update on this case since the Frank Jones sex scam 20 years ago??

And how do you explain that photo of Amy as a prostitute that looks so much like her??
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:04 AM   #85
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,461
Default

For those who believe she did NOT fall overboard the how do you explain S2h2k2007's post below?? He/she has looked a lot into this case!

"I do not believe she fell overboard, the boat was preparing to dock and was extremely close to the shore. Amy was captain of the swim club and a trained lifeguard. Also, at this time in the morning people were surely up and would have heard something, the surrounding waters were checked."
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:11 AM   #86
James T
Member
Senior Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan
I saw the Disappeared episode on ID that you guys have talked about. Has there been ANY update on this case since the Frank Jones sex scam 20 years ago??

And how do you explain that photo of Amy as a prostitute that looks so much like her??
Yes, there was a supposed sighting of her in San Francisco in 2003 & another one in the Caribbean in 2005-although they are both highly dubious.

People bear a resemblance to other people, it doesn't mean they are the same person.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:17 AM   #87
James T
Member
Senior Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan
For those who believe she did NOT fall overboard the how do you explain S2h2k2007's post below?? He/she has looked a lot into this case!

"I do not believe she fell overboard, the boat was preparing to dock and was extremely close to the shore. Amy was captain of the swim club and a trained lifeguard. Also, at this time in the morning people were surely up and would have heard something, the surrounding waters were checked."
Being captain of the swim club is not remotely comparable to falling from a great height from a cruise ship into the an ocean when you have certainly spent hours drinking alcohol, possibly taking narcotics & have no life-jacket. You are assuming that Amy would have been awake when she hit the water-the fall alone could have knocked her out cold, she could have hit a rock or something else under the water. Even if she was conscious then her screams could have been mistaken for partying-it was a cruise where the main aim of the younger people was too get loaded & have a good time, or it could have been that nobody was around to hear her as they were either all asleep in their cabins or still partying.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #88
Mike82
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 19, 2017
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Even if she was conscious then her screams could have been mistaken for partying-it was a cruise where the main aim of the younger people was too get loaded & have a good time, or it could have been that nobody was around to hear her as they were either all asleep in their cabins or still partying.
That's not to mention that the incident happened around 6am. I checked the sunrise/sunset data for this area and the would have been dark until about 6:30am at that time of year: highly unlikely anybody would have seen anything and with the noise of partying unlikely any screams would have been heard.

I do admit I have to chuckle a bit in the wikipedia article where it said investigators had 'no evidence' she fell aboard or committed suicide. Have they ever heard of Occam's Razor?? I do understand a number of people claim to have spotted her in the months and years afterward but then I think of cases like Lisa Kimmel where witnesses are 100% sure they saw her.... after she was killed. Even if the sighting by the US navy guy in the brothel was legitimate I could just as easily be someone trying to get into the USA by impersonating a citizen after reading about Amy's story in the newspaper.

I'm glad this case shines a light on the disgusting practice of human trafficking but the simplest explaination is still the best.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #89
James T
Member
Senior Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
That's not to mention that the incident happened around 6am. I checked the sunrise/sunset data for this area and the would have been dark until about 6:30am at that time of year: highly unlikely anybody would have seen anything and with the noise of partying unlikely any screams would have been heard.

I do admit I have to chuckle a bit in the wikipedia article where it said investigators had 'no evidence' she fell aboard or committed suicide. Have they ever heard of Occam's Razor?? I do understand a number of people claim to have spotted her in the months and years afterward but then I think of cases like Lisa Kimmel where witnesses are 100% sure they saw her.... after she was killed. Even if the sighting by the US navy guy in the brothel was legitimate I could just as easily be someone trying to get into the USA by impersonating a citizen after reading about Amy's story in the newspaper.

I'm glad this case shines a light on the disgusting practice of human trafficking but the simplest explaination is still the best.
Problem with Wikipedia is anybody can alter it-from the Bradley family to the persons who have managed to shut down pretty much every thread about her on every crime website & Reddit with their nonsense. Sure there is no evidence she went overboard, but equally there is no confirmed evidence pointing towards her being trafficked either.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #90
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,736
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan
For those who believe she did NOT fall overboard the how do you explain S2h2k2007's post below?? He/she has looked a lot into this case!

"I do not believe she fell overboard, the boat was preparing to dock and was extremely close to the shore. Amy was captain of the swim club and a trained lifeguard. Also, at this time in the morning people were surely up and would have heard something, the surrounding waters were checked."
If she were already unconscious when she fell from the ship (which is my theory at this point), being captain of the swim team was not going to help her.

I sincerely feel for this family-- I do. But I believe she was intoxicated to the point of incapacitation, leaned over the ship to vomit, passed out, and fell overboard.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.