Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-20-2018, 04:52 AM   #46
tsaun
Frequent Poster

Just watched the video of Amy dancing with Yellow shortly before she disappeared and she looks really drunk/drugged out.

I agree with the rest of you that she most likely fell overboard. Over the years and seeing updates on various Unsolved cases I've put less trust into eye witnesses (Lil Miss case for example). I think witnesses were mistaken when they said they saw Amy at 6 am, about an hour after her father claimed to see her sleeping on the patio.

Do we know if there was a direct drop off in to the water from the Bradley's patio?

If so, I think it's pretty obvious what happened to her.
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:59 AM   #47
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty
The hardest part of this case for me is how hard the Bradleys cling to the hope that she's still alive, and how much the case obviously still affects them after all these years. I can't imagine the anguish that must bring them.
I find it hard to fathom that they would rather believe their daughter has spent 20 years as a kidnap victim, force-fed drugs, raped, forced into prostitution etc than fallen off a ship accidentally or met a quick end at a killer's hands than morning.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:11 AM   #48
MegtheEgg86

This will likely sound crude, but I can't imagine it would be very efficient to kidnap just one individual woman for trafficking purposes from an entire cruise ship. There are ways, still employed heavily today, of casting much wider nets, so to speak.

I think she fell overboard.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #49
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
I find it hard to fathom that they would rather believe their daughter has spent 20 years as a kidnap victim, force-fed drugs, raped, forced into prostitution etc than fallen off a ship accidentally or met a quick end at a killer's hands than morning.
You make a good point. But as a parent, I can understand how clinging to any hope that your child is still alive has to be easier than assuming she is dead. If I were in their shoes, I wouldnít stop looking and I would hunt down every possible lead.

But as an outsider, I totally agree with you.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #50
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
This will likely sound crude, but I can't imagine it would be very efficient to kidnap just one individual woman for trafficking purposes from an entire cruise ship. There are ways, still employed heavily today, of casting much wider nets, so to speak.

I think she fell overboard.
I totally agree. While itís not impossible she was made into a sex slave, the story really doesnít make much sense. A lot would have to happen for this to come together. Occamís razor said she fell (or was pushed) overboard. Iím guessing she fell, too.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #51
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

I have to say that I'm somewhat relieved to see that I'm not the only one who holds the overboard theory. It just seemed for a while there that whenever that theory was debated there was a distinctly negative response. I'm not referring to this board so much as other forums out there. I never understood this, as the overboard theory makes a lot of sense to me.

I am curious about one thing however, as I've personally never been on a cruise. How easy would it be to accidentally fall overboard? Perhaps some of my better educated and more experienced posters can weigh in on that one.
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #52
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Agreed. You would think that targeting her on Curacao would be more efficient and easier to get away with.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #53
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun
Just watched the video of Amy dancing with Yellow shortly before she disappeared and she looks really drunk/drugged out.

I agree with the rest of you that she most likely fell overboard. Over the years and seeing updates on various Unsolved cases I've put less trust into eye witnesses (Lil Miss case for example). I think witnesses were mistaken when they said they saw Amy at 6 am, about an hour after her father claimed to see her sleeping on the patio.

Do we know if there was a direct drop off in to the water from the Bradley's patio?

If so, I think it's pretty obvious what happened to her.
I am not sure about their room on that ship, but if you consider the last credible sighting of Amy was by her father on the patio that is a distinct possibility. they also make a big deal at the beginning about her fear of the overlook, but then don't seem to highlight the fact that she was last seen alone on the balcony?

she had a fear of the overlook, was likely under the influence, and what do some people do under those circumstances? well a lot of times we get bold.

I agree that we cannot hold a lot of stock in the eye witnesses. especially if you consider the alcohol/fatigue factor. It is possible that she was a victim of foul play because it does happen. So I understand the family holding onto hope that she did not fall overboard. It's rather unfortunate that people do take advantage and at some point the family has to steer away from those people.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #54
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

I have been on a cruise ship at is is very hard to go over board. The side railing on a cruise ship is very high about up to your chin. You have to do some heafty dutty climbing to fall over it or off it. Or some one had to have the stength to toss you over. Or you aveto be standing on something that is near the railing. And it does not sound like she would get to near the railing and had to prod her to do so by her family the one time they got Amy to do it. As for intoxication or being high there was no evidence of that according to her brother. Just Amy smoking a ciggarette. It was the bahavior of that musician Amy was lwas last seen with that makes the family speculate he had something to do with her being taken off ship.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #55
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
I have been on a cruise ship at is is very hard to go over board. The side railing on a cruise ship is very high about up to your chin. You have to do some heafty dutty climbing to fall over it or off it. Or some one had to have the stength to toss you over. Or you aveto be standing on something that is near the railing. And it does not sound like she would get to near the railing and had to prod her to do so by her family the one time they got Amy to do it. As for intoxication or being high there was no evidence of that according to her brother. Just Amy smoking a ciggarette. It was the bahavior of that musician Amy was lwas last seen with that makes the family speculate he had something to do with her being taken off ship.
She was certainly hitting the booze pretty hard until the early hours when she returned to the family quarters.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #56
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
She was certainly hitting the booze pretty hard until the early hours when she returned to the family quarters.
I feel bad for the family and I do consider their account to be genuine. But I also think there are two sides to every story and like so many segments we are only hearing the account from the family. I don't remember the segment mentioning her being intoxicated or not, but I am not naÔve to think that alcohol was (not) a factor in her disappearance. I don't know of many people that stay up all night on a cruise ship that are not taking part in alcohol consumption. on most cruises I've been on the majority of the cruisers go to bed at night and the party goes on at the clubs. I can only imagine how easy it is for young ladies to get drinks if they want them.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #57
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
I have been on several cruise ships and there are several areas were the rails do not go up to someone's chin(for an average adult). you make the case of having to climb over and I agree that there would take some effort or extreme carelessness/intoxication for someone to jump or fall overboard. with that said I don't know that heavy duty effort is necessary in a lot of places. I have seen other documentaries about people falling and jumping overboard on cruise ships. it does happen and to say that it was not possible for amy to fall or jump overboard...i dont agree with that. I think it is something that the family does not want to consider(naturally i don't blame them). the segment goes out of the way to immediately show how scared she was to go up to the rail on the deck(to negate the falling or jumping overboard), yet she had no problem smoking and sleeping on the balcony alone without her parents or brother sitting with her?

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 04-21-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #58
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew790
I've never been on a cruise, and never will as it's not my thing, but I have to think people are at the dock monitoring departures and arrivals? Surely someone would have seen something.
Yes they would have seen something if it were abnormal. on cruises today every passenger and crew that enters and exits a ship is scanned on and off and passports are required to sail. The passport law went into effect about 10 years ago or so. As far as I know crew and passengers use the same disembarkment and reembarking process. Iím guessing back then it may not have been the same process because royal Caribbean mentions that she may have disembarked on her on. On a cruise today they would have a documented record and time stamp of someone leaving/returning to the ship as your ship ID card is scanned. That is also how they know that everyone has returned before they sail. Iím not sure what system they used back in 1998.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:44 PM   #59
dynoguy88

I've come around more on her possibly falling overboard. I've never been on a cruise but I've heard stories of passengers falling overboard (drunk or not drunk) and it sounds terrifying. Especially if you're alone at that very moment and nobody is around to see it because at that point, you're finished.

So I'm 99% there. The 1% that still continues to nag at me is the sliding glass balcony doors being open. They were closed when Amy's father saw her feet at 5:00 a.m. and they were open when the father woke up an hour later and Amy was gone. Regardless of how drunk or tipsy she might have been, she was coherent enough to stand up, turn in the RIGHT direction and open those doors.

I can only think of two scenarios with her falling off that balcony after opening the doors...

*For some reason, she doesn't leave, stays on the balcony, turns around and eventually walks over to the railing and falls over. (But what would be the point of opening the doors?)

*Some have said she was a smoker and maybe she went to get her cigarettes. She could have left, retrieved her cigarettes from her own room that she was sharing with her brother, come back to her parents room, walked out on the balcony and decided to leave the doors open and THEN fall overboard. (Very possible. But why not use the balcony of her own room instead of going back to her parents? It would be a much shorter trip. Did their room have a balcony?)

Am I reading too much into those doors? I agree that falling overboard is the easiest possible scenario and despite very painful for the family, a much less nightmarish situation than her being sold into a sex slavery ring never to be rescued...but they nag at me.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:27 PM   #60
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Am I reading too much into those doors?
Simply put, yes.

Her father could have easily been mistaken as far as remembering seeing the doors open and/or closed. After all, he was half asleep and only had his eyes open for a second or two. Just look at all of the sober, 100% coherent witnesses on UM that were absolutely mistaken regarding their eyewitness testimony. Add being half asleep and in an unfamiliar environment and you donít have a credible witness at all, especially since he is emotionally attached to the case.

Iíll play along just for fun though. Letís just say the doors were actually closed at first and then open later. Itís far more plausible that she felt like she had to vomit, stood up to head to the bathroom but realized she wasnít going to make it in time and turned back towards the railing just after opening the door to puke into the water than it is that there was foul play involved.

It seriously makes no sense to me at all that someone like her would end up a sex slave in some sort of human trafficking scheme. Like, zero. There are a variety of reasons for this and I donít want to elaborate too much about it because I donít know if itís possible to do it without sounding a little bit mean.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote