Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #16
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Awesome! I didn't even see this until now! I'm on vacation at my favorite place, Dollywood....and I also get this great news! Today has been an awesome day!

I also LOVE the cover art!
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:41 PM   #17
Alex Cooper

And just at the right time to put on my Amazon wish list for my birthday in November. GA was one of the funniest, funkiest, wildest shows ever!
Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #18
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ron
I would love that! With it being on Logo...I am surprised no one has moved to put it out on a complete series dvd set. Not wanting to get off topic but I'd love to see Alice finally complete on DVD. It is a shame that two legendary comedies are not complete on DVD.
With the sitcom Alice, the seasons with Flo are by far the most popular. Those seasons have already been released, so I imagine it's questionable if more seasons will be released. Complete series release is probably even more questionable, but I never say never, anything is possible.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #19
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
I can't wait for Green Acres to be released. I also really, really want a complete series of One Day at a Time among others. They've also released Maude and The Jeffersons.
I think the Green Acres set will probably be a big seller. Fans of the series have been wanting this for a long time. Shout Factory is timing this right, they know how to make a buck, they are releasing it in October just before the holidays and I imagine this will be on many people's Christmas wish list.

I do believe One Day At A Time complete series will someday be released. I don't know 100 percent that it's going to happen, but I feel more confident it will be released than not.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:43 PM   #20
Ron Ron

I use to talk with Brian from Shout Factory and he would give me advance info on upcoming releases before Shout released them but I haven't talked with him in quite a few years.
Ron Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:27 AM   #21
AngieTribeca
Frequent Poster

Shout needs to go ahead and release the rest of Diff'rent Strokes. While they are at it I would love to see The Hogan Family and Bachelor Father.

I would also love to see them re-release Alf with unedited episodes.
AngieTribeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #22
PhoenixAcres

I wonder if they'll have any special features in this set? The description is pretty vague. Unlikely, I know, but I still have hope.

Regardless, I'm ecstatic that Green Acres is finally getting the complete series treatment.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #23
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Ron
I use to talk with Brian from Shout Factory and he would give me advance info on upcoming releases before Shout released them but I haven't talked with him in quite a few years.
Does Brian Ward still work for Shout Factory? I believe the Leave It To Beaver complete series was Brian's project, it's a good DVD set but a few things could have been improved. The main issue with the DVD set is the 1st season episode opening teaser scenes are messed up/out of place, which is a pretty big defect. I kept my copy of the 1st season from Universal and I play those discs when I watch season 1. Also with the complete series set, it would have been nice if a little more creativity were used and design a different episode menu screen for each of the 6 seasons, instead of using the same menu for all 6 seasons, episode titles written in cement. And for the 6th season, the theme music from seasons 1-5 is utilized for the episode menu screen, instead of the updated season 6 version.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #24
Ron Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
Does Brian Ward still work for Shout Factory? I believe the Leave It To Beaver complete series was Brian's project, it's a good DVD set but a few things could have been improved. The main issue with the DVD set is the 1st season episode opening teaser scenes are messed up/out of place, which is a pretty big defect. I kept my copy of the 1st season from Universal and I play those discs when I watch season 1. Also with the complete series set, it would have been nice if a little more creativity were used and design a different episode menu screen for each of the 6 seasons, instead of using the same menu for all 6 seasons, episode titles written in cement. And for the 6th season, the theme music from seasons 1-5 is utilized for the episode menu screen, instead of the updated season 6 version.
I think he still does. He use to post on here as well and would give tidbits on future releases. But I haven't seen him post here in a while. I also too own the first season of Leave it to Beaver and kept it. I own the complete series as well and need to watch more of it soon.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #25
thebigcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
They screwed up on the Facts of Life complete series with the menu music too. They played the Seasons 2-6 theme on all the seasons.
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #26
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcookie
They screwed up on the Facts of Life complete series with the menu music too. They played the Seasons 2-6 theme on all the seasons.
This seems to be a pattern with Shout Factory. When they released season 2 of The Bill Cosby Show, the season 1 version of the theme song was utilized for the menu screen instead of the season 2 version.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #27
Ron Ron

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Green-A...e-Series/23455

Extras
Old 07-12-2017, 05:50 PM   #28
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

I was hoping "Return to Green Acres" would be included...
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #29
Ron Ron

Shout Factory has it for 30 cheaper than Amazon. So that means Amazon price will probably go down below the 109 dollar price. But if you order it from Shout Factory you get the DVD release in September. That's four weeks earlier.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 PM   #30
PhoenixAcres

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I was hoping "Return to Green Acres" would be included...
If you're curious, the movie in its entirety was uploaded to Youtube. I will say the absence of Sommers & Chevillat was sorely felt.
PhoenixAcres is offline   Reply With Quote