Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #16
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Interesting. I wonder if the girl in the other photos is the same girl in the polaroid found in Florida.
I'm wondering that too. If none of the Polaroids are connected to Tara's case, then it's interesting to ponder if all three of them might be part of some elaborate hoax.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #17
James T

From memory the other photos the face was obscured to some degree. Marilyn Manson interestingly said that while living in Florida in 1989 he & his girlfriend used to take fake torture & murder photos & drop them in public places-wonder if this was some kind of fad thing for a while back then?
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #18
JackKerouac1989
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
From memory the other photos the face was obscured to some degree. Marilyn Manson interestingly said that while living in Florida in 1989 he & his girlfriend used to take fake torture & murder photos & drop them in public places-wonder if this was some kind of fad thing for a while back then?
Wow! If Marilyn Manson really did that then I definitely think less of him as a person. I honestly feel people who do something like that should be held accountable for it because if a disturbing photo of someone tied up or who appears to have been a murder victim is found then the police have to devote precious time and resources to investigating it to determine whether what is being depicted in the photo is legitimate or not.

In 1989 Marilyn Manson would have been 20. A 20 year old man should know better than to engage in behavior like that. If he wants to be an immature man then that's his business but when his behavior causes police resources to be diverted toward something that proves to be a hoax then it is a problem.
JackKerouac1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:22 AM   #19
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKerouac1989
Wow! If Marilyn Manson really did that then I definitely think less of him as a person. I honestly feel people who do something like that should be held accountable for it because if a disturbing photo of someone tied up or who appears to have been a murder victim is found then the police have to devote precious time and resources to investigating it to determine whether what is being depicted in the photo is legitimate or not.

In 1989 Marilyn Manson would have been 20. A 20 year old man should know better than to engage in behavior like that. If he wants to be an immature man then that's his business but when his behavior causes police resources to be diverted toward something that proves to be a hoax then it is a problem.
True, but it is possibly useful information that people dropping photos in public places to shock others might have been something that happened for a while back then as a passing fad among teens. Somewhat like the boys being tied up photos from a decade earlier.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #20
RobinW

FYI, the first episode of this podcast has finally been released:
https://audioboom.com/posts/6088930-episode-1-vanished

The host was also interviewed on Nancy Grace's podcast yesterday, so I think this case is finally going to get some real mainstream exposure again.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #21
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

I just listened to the first part of the podcast...very interesting and good audio quality on the interviews from the past, etc... Excited for the other parts.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #22
dynoguy88

Episode 2 of the podcast is up...

https://www.taracalico.com
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #23
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Loved episode #1, episode #2 wasn't my favorite, as it almost solely focused on the polaroid, which I have always not believed was Tara. Eager for #3.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #24
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
Loved episode #1, episode #2 wasn't my favorite, as it almost solely focused on the polaroid, which I have always not believed was Tara. Eager for #3.
I feel the same way. But they probably felt like they had to mention the Polaroid since it's believed to have been attached to the case for so long. Luckily they got that portion over with and can now focus more on the recent developments that have come to light this past decade.

Episode 3 will be a roundtable discussion. That should be interesting.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #25
RobinW

Yes, it's good that the whole section about the Polaroid was gotten out of the way early and who knows, maybe they'll be able to solve that portion of the mystery as well. I was interested in the revelation that a woman apparently came forward to claim she was the girl in the Polaroid, but then the cop's computer containing her information crashed. It would be good to see if this podcast compels her to come forward again.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #26
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I thought it was interesting that the woman who found the polaroid never actually saw the white van at the convenience store, only that on her way back from the convenience store did she see a white van behind her. Another witness did see the van at the store, and he claimed to see a young boy sitting behind the wheel while the girl and a dark haired man were inside buying groceries in the convenience store.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:26 AM   #27
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Some visuals of the case:

-Route from Tara's house to the approximate spot of where she would turn around and go back.

-This is the approximate spot where the bike tracks were found veering off of the main road (I think this tidbit was mentioned in the 1st episode). This article says that she was on her way back home.

-This is the distance from Tara's house to where the cover of her walkman was found.

I think the truck was trailing her as she headed back to her house, hit her, and then the occupants took her and her bike along the dirt trail known as the South Navajo loop before heading into the JFK campground and her body is somewhere in that vast area.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:59 AM   #28
James T

Cannot even listen to this-comes off like an exploitative, sensationalist, horror film type narration/presentation & the techno soundtrack with news soundbites is highly annoying. Is it really that hard just to do a straightforward documentary podcast? Comes across more like she is using her missing friend to make money.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #29
RobinW

It looks like the podcast's website has posted the other two alleged Polaroids of Tara which have never been released publicly before, though it doesn't look like anyone really believes they are her:
https://www.taracalico.com/from-the-case-file/

The first photo of a gagged woman is so blurry that I don't know how anyone could conclusively determine it was Tara. The second photo, showing a bound and gagged woman on a train with a man, clearly looks like a staged joke. Whoever the woman in that photo is, I seriously doubt she was a captive victim in any real jeopardy.

It's also interesting to see the full, uncropped version of the original Polaroid on the website, where you can finally see for certain that the girl and boy are in the back of a white van.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #30
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
It looks like the podcast's website has posted the other two alleged Polaroids of Tara which have never been released publicly before, though it doesn't look like anyone really believes they are her:
https://www.taracalico.com/from-the-case-file/

The first photo of a gagged woman is so blurry that I don't know how anyone could conclusively determine it was Tara. The second photo, showing a bound and gagged woman on a train with a man, clearly looks like a staged joke. Whoever the woman in that photo is, I seriously doubt she was a captive victim in any real jeopardy.

It's also interesting to see the full, uncropped version of the original Polaroid on the website, where you can finally see for certain that the girl and boy are in the back of a white van.
The train photo...how did anyone ever consider this was Tara, let alone an actual abducted woman?