Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-24-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Steve1990
Frequent Poster

Default Local cases in your area that could have been on Unsolved Mysteries

Beverly Jarosz is one of the most talked crime causes in Cleveland's history
http://www.defrostingcoldcases.com/b...osz-1948-1964/
Steve1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1990
Beverly Jarosz is one of the most talked crime causes in Cleveland's history
http://www.defrostingcoldcases.com/b...osz-1948-1964/
I've had a few in my backyard. Offhand....

Oba Chandler and the Rogers family

Glen Consagra

Thomas Drake

Art Frankford

John Hardin - murder and his allegedly haunted house is about 30 minutes from me currently.

The Mann's haunted house in Lake Wales - about an hour away.

Beverly McGowan

Rebecca Young

An armed robbery in the middle of the night at a drive up ATM in May 1995 - this was a special alert type deal

A wanted pedophile was profiled as a special alert under similar circumstances.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

James Cole vanished without a trace after leaving a local restaurant/bar back in 1994. His parents lived less than a 10 minute walk away from the bar, and he was seen leaving the bar, but to this day he's never been found.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #4
asmitty
Forum Regular

Tom Keuter happened in my state but it's like a 5-6 hour drive to get to the location for me.

Arnold Archambeau and Ruby Brugier happened much closer. 1-2 hours away. I've actually been to the spot where the accident happened.

I grew up near where Johnny Gosch and Eugene Martin, two paperboys in Des Moines, IA, were abducted. Another boy, Marc Allen, went missing after Eugene. He wasn't a paperboy and he was abducted at dusk rather than first thing in the morning. I was always surprised that they were never profiled. Especially because Johnny's mother Noreen was very vocal about his kidnapping. I think if there had been any kind of suspect in either case they might have been more likely to be profiled on UM. There was literally nothing to go on.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
kadrmaskb
Frequent Poster

Chris Jenkins in Minneapolis in 2002 was an interesting case. Todd Mueller might remember that one? Nathan Edberg who disappeared in 1999 near the intersection of 694 and 35E in Little Canada right where I lived. Or Jacob Wetterling though his case was solved finally last year, he had disappeared in 1989.
kadrmaskb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
LakeForestPI
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Woody Kelly was at my house 2 different times when I was a youngster. My mother is a business owner and he knew my moms accountant. 2 different times he tried to get my mom to use him as her financial adviser. My mother has always patted herself on the back for thinking he was a conman.
LakeForestPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #7
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

The Colonial Parkway Murders in Williamsburg, VA.

Colonial Parkway Killer

There are lots of articles and videos online. It's still brought up often in the local news.
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #8
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmaskb
Chris Jenkins in Minneapolis in 2002 was an interesting case. Todd Mueller might remember that one? Nathan Edberg who disappeared in 1999 near the intersection of 694 and 35E in Little Canada right where I lived. Or Jacob Wetterling though his case was solved finally last year, he had disappeared in 1989.
I agree, kadrmaskb. I was always hoping they would cover Jacob Wetterling, but at least his case was solved.

I agree that the Chris Jenkins case would be a good one. It started off as another young drunk kid fell in the river, however there is a lot of evidence that he was murdered. It would make a great UM case.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #9
kadrmaskb
Frequent Poster

Yeah Todd, I knew you would remember that one. There is a book about it that his Mom wrote that is actually pretty good. What I can say about that case is, well the Minneapolis PD basically bungled that case as they wrote it off as another drunk college kid accidental death. I do not believe Jenkins was the target of some random serial killer like the alleged 'smiley face' killer. However I do believe he was murdered based off the physical evidence. One of the prime suspects in his death was and perhaps still is a Minneapolis Police Officer who at that time was off duty and was involved in a love triangle with Jenkins girlfriend. Minneapolis PD didn't admit it was a homicide until four years later and basically nothing has been done about it since. Are there any over in Saint Paul that would make the list? I lived in Ramsey County for two years in Little Canada. One, Toni Bachmann, she would have been a good one. But her creepy hubby after over 15 years admitted he killed her though her body has never been found and he pled out to manslaughter.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:16 PM   #10
kadrmaskb
Frequent Poster

Jacob Wetterling is so tragic but I am glad it was solved. It is sad and scary that Danny Heinrich was out as long as he was and was basically right under the cops nose. He was given immunity from prosecution on state murder charges in exchange for pleading guilty to federal charges and was sentenced to 25 years there. I suppose it is because based off 1989 law the most he could get for a First Degree Murder conviction was 18 years to life but it would have kept him from getting out ever again.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #11
Calliope68
Frequent Poster

1. The murder of Sister Roberta Elam in Wheeling,WV
2. Although after UM ended the 2003 sniper killings in the Kanawha Valley
3. The murder of Dewey Edward Brown
Calliope68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:29 AM   #12
undertakeress
Frequent Poster

James Cooper. Went to my high school and was almost 2 years to the day younger than me. Lived a street over from my Grandma

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooper_james.html

Nevaeh Buchanan. I have a lot of connecting to people involved in this case
http://www.wtol.com/story/32330309/t...evaeh-buchanan

My friend, Julia Niswender. And no it was NOT her dad/stepdad.
http://micoldcases.com/julia-niswender/
undertakeress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:28 PM   #13
xxxxmattxxxx69
Forum Regular

The triple murder on the 10 year anniversary to 9/11 not far from my house. No one was ever charged and the murder remains unsolved. Yes I know it was long after UM ended
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #14
dynoguy88

The Oakland County Child Killer. He killed 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls, between 1976 and 1977. They were all separately abducted off the streets in broad daylight and held for days. All of them were bathed and their clothes had been washed clean before they were taken out and killed, then left in snowbanks. This happened in southeast Michigan, about 15-20 miles from where I live and grew up.

There was an interesting fact regarding the final victim, Timothy King. After he disappeared, his parents were interviewed on the local news. His mother pleaded with the kidnapper for Tim to be reunited with the family so she could feed him his favorite dinner; Kentucky Fried Chicken. When Tim's body was found and exhumed, the contents of his stomach showed that he had been fed Kentucky Fried Chicken shortly before being killed.

I could see a case like this being featured on UM. I wasn't born yet when this all went down. My parents were newlyweds and they remember the news broadcasts. But I don't think this case got much local publicity through the years. I, personally, didn't hear of the case until I was in high school.

Unfortunately, after 40 years, the families still have no closure. There are possible suspects but nothing definite.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/d...40-years-later
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:50 PM   #15
undertakeress
Frequent Poster

Dynoguy, we must be neighbors. I live downriver, but am originally from Monroe

I was going to post the OCC murder, but they were so big in the media, I went with other cases. patterson and Cooper are useless as prosecutors, so I'm hoping someone just takes the reins and gives these families some closure. I was in my mana's belly when the last one happened

Paige Renkoski, D'wan Sims, Berniece Grey are missing people that have always stuck with me. The guys that were killed up in Mio by the brothers who are now in prison was also a good cold case that was solved
undertakeress is offline   Reply With Quote