Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #46
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybodylovesrs
I think the reason people are annoyed is the press release promised all the episodes. I questioned this - someone said of course, it says all the episodes. Well, now we know, it's not all the episodes. That's fine, it's their show, but they shouldn't have said everything was coming if they were going to hold back posting segments because of lawsuits or other reasons.
Whether it was right or wrong of them to say everything was coming is, I suppose, debatable. In the truest sense, it is a lie because they knew certain segments would never make it to streaming.

To play devil's advocate though, I'm willing to wager that the vast majority of UM viewers and folks who are perhaps now just discovering the series on Amazon are unaware of the fact that segments are missing - nor would they likely care. The only people who really know that fact and are disturbed by it are the true diehards like us who have been immersed in the show for years. The fact that certain segments would be missing is to us a no-brainer and, as you alluded to, several of us predicted this would be the case before the series went live because we knew what to expect based on the show's syndication history.

However, from an advertising/marketing point of view, it makes sense to say the series is complete. For one, this sets it apart from the now defunct DVD box sets offered by First Look. Second, imagine the ambiguity and confusion they would add if they had to add some weird tagline about the fact that some segments had been edited or were missing. I think that would confuse a lot of folks. Therefore, by saying the whole series was coming was a smart advertising moving and nothing more. Advertising has to apply to a broad base, and we diehards just ain't it.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:10 PM   #47
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I'm just happy I can see the segments again without the horrendous heavy metal soundtrack. #smallblessings
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #48
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Whether it was right or wrong of them to say everything was coming is, I suppose, debatable. In the truest sense, it is a lie because they knew certain segments would never make it to streaming.

To play devil's advocate though, I'm willing to wager that the vast majority of UM viewers and folks who are perhaps now just discovering the series on Amazon are unaware of the fact that segments are missing - nor would they likely care. The only people who really know that fact and are disturbed by it are the true diehards like us who have been immersed in the show for years. The fact that certain segments would be missing is to us a no-brainer and, as you alluded to, several of us predicted this would be the case before the series went live because we knew what to expect based on the show's syndication history.

However, from an advertising/marketing point of view, it makes sense to say the series is complete. For one, this sets it apart from the now defunct DVD box sets offered by First Look. Second, imagine the ambiguity and confusion they would add if they had to add some weird tagline about the fact that some segments had been edited or were missing. I think that would confuse a lot of folks. Therefore, by saying the whole series was coming was a smart advertising moving and nothing more. Advertising has to apply to a broad base, and we diehards just ain't it.
Those are all great points, justins5256. It makes me wonder who really controls the segments now: CM, FilmRise, or someone else? We can assume some segments didn't air because of controversy or lawsuits, but maybe there are other reasons (damaged film, editing issues, etc.).

I do hope in time we will get to see them all as some of the missing ones are among my favorite segments. But if we don't, I'm still thrilled for what they have put out and I look forward to the other seasons coming out.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:51 PM   #49
robbieasbury
Frequent Poster

I watched the Diane Bickard amnesia episode on amazon and it seems to almost be the same as the NBC broadcast except for the Stack introduction at the beginning. Question. Was the amnesia segment edited on Lifetime to air along with the Kurt McFall segment?
robbieasbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #50
MissFit29
Forum Regular

What about Rae Ann Mossor and Debbie Wolfe? They were season 1, correct?
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:45 AM   #51
boechsner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
What about Rae Ann Mossor and Debbie Wolfe? They were season 1, correct?
Rae Ann Mosser is from Season 2 (12/13/1989)
Debbie Wolfe is from Season 3 (12/19/1990)
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #52
boechsner

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieasbury
I watched the Diane Bickard amnesia episode on amazon and it seems to almost be the same as the NBC broadcast except for the Stack introduction at the beginning. Question. Was the amnesia segment edited on Lifetime to air along with the Kurt McFall segment?
Diane Bickard? Do you mean Diane Brodbeck? The housewife who ran off with a convict, John Yount? Or perhaps Susan Laferte, the woman attacked in the laundry room of her apartment building resulting in her amnesia.

Both Diane Brodbeck and Susan Laferte are from the May 18, 1988 episode. Kurt McFall is from the February 5, 1988 episode. Lifetime did edit them together. (From my Daily Episode Post from 2006)

Cases include:

Amnesia: Two women are violently attacked in the laundry room of their Woonsocket, Rhode Island apartment building in 1982. One woman, Doreen Picard, is killed, the other, Susan Laferte, survives, but is stricken with amnesia and unable to remember the details of the crime. The killer is still at large. Includes update. (Aired: May 18, 1988)

Final Appeal: Michael Scott Martin is serving a life sentence for allegedly robbing a Garland, Texas gas station in 1979, despite the fact that five separate eyewitnesses can corroborate his alibi. (Aired: February 5, 1988)

Unexplained Death: A report on the bizarre 1984 death of 17 year-old Kurt McFall. Mcfall's father believes his son was killed as a result of his involvement with a Satanic cult. (Aired: February 5, 1988)

Lost Heirs: The search for the heirs of newsstand owner Charles Scheel, who died in 1987, and left behind an estate worth $67,000. Includes update. (Aired: February 5, 1988)
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #53
robbieasbury
Frequent Poster

I mean Doreen Picard. It's nice to see these episodes again hope Filmrise continues to release more seasons.
robbieasbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #54
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieasbury
I mean Doreen Picard. It's nice to see these episodes again hope Filmrise continues to release more seasons.
I was pulling them up on Amazon yesterday and noticed that a TON of people have rated the Robert Stack season (like, 100 more people than those who have rated the Farina seasons.)

KEEP IT UP, GUYS!

I'm sure FilmRise plans to release them all. However, I think they would be encouraged to do so faster should they see how popular the RS seasons are... at least, that's my hope.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #55
comicbookwriter
Frequent Poster

Just waiting for season 2.
comicbookwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #56
bellbm
Frequent Poster

Wait no more...

Boy, these are fun to watch. Even a lot of the cases have been solved, it's such a fascinating show, the way the stories are told, the re-enactments, etc. I'm freaked out all over again!
bellbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #57
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

I'll have season two added to this guide by the end of the weekend, if not sooner. The L2 button on my PS4 controller (which I use as my remote control for Amazon Instant Video) decided to stop working yesterday and I'm going to go buy a replacement controller tonight. Thanks so for your patience, guys and gals.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #58
Jenna_Nicole105
Frequent Poster

Someone on The Facebook page asked about missing segments, the response was that some were removed for legal reasons and others were being moved to other season's releases. So still a chance some of the missing ones will show up.
Jenna_Nicole105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:46 AM   #59
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
I agree. Some of these episode titles make no sense and can actually be misleading which is why I chose not to use them. I think using the actual names of the people and including not only the order of the segments but also the time stamps where each individual segment begins and ends is the easiest way to navigate through them.
Slain Swain lol
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #60
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Episodes 1-5 of season 2 have been added. Calculating the times on episodes 6-10 and will have them up this evening.

Episodes 1-10 of season 2 are now up. Episodes 11-19 of season two will be up tomorrow evening. Thanks.

-HJ

Last edited by Hot Jock; 02-12-2017 at 01:47 AM.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote