Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics / Random Posts

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #151
Alan Brady's Hair

The Robert Deniro-Jean Reno action film "Ronin" (1998) had hints that it could be the first of a string of transatlantic buddy films. There was talk at different times of sequel scripts being developed, but it looks like the two actors are too old for this type of stuff now.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #152
Torgo
Forum Veteran

Peter Jackson’s A Nightmare on Elm Street 6

When trying to figure out a new direction after the box office drop from A Nightmare on Elm Street 5, New Line took a lot of pitches. They brought in a New Zealand filmmaker named Peter Jackson, at that time an unknown. His script was likened to A Clockwork Orange, with Freddy now seen as a joke and no longer a boogeyman or an instrument of fear. Now, kids would fall asleep intentionally and go into the dream world just to beat and torture the bitter, broken old dream demon. When one teen falls into a coma and becomes trapped in the nightmare realm, though, Freddy finally seizes the opportunity and takes the upper hand to restore his power.

http://wickedhorror.com/top-horror-l...ever-happened/

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #153
Torgo
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMFaninMD
Bob Clark, who directed the 1974 horror classic Black Christmas, talked about wanting to do a sequel, ironically called Halloween, with Billy the killer returning to stalk and slash up more people on the holiday. But it never happened and four years later, John Carpenter's Halloween arrived.
Not exactly...

Bob Clark:
I never intended to do a sequel [to Black Christmas]. I did a film about three years later… started a film with John Carpenter. It was his first film for Warner Bros. He asked me if I was ever going to do a sequel and I said no. I was through with horror; I didn’t come into the business to do just horror. He said, ‘Well what would you do if you did do a sequel?’ I said it would be the next year and the guy would have actually been caught, escape from a mental institution, go back to the house, and they would start all over again. And I would call it Halloween.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editori...istmas-sequel/
Old 01-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #154
Torgo
Forum Veteran

Death Race 3000 - A direct sequel that would have starred Tom Cruise, but after Cruise turned down three scripts it was eventually scrapped. Also rumored that a version was planned that would have made the race international, but was also scrapped due to budget constraints.

A remake was eventually made starring Jason Statham, though director Paul WS Anderson says it's a prequel to the original film.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:57 PM   #155
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Reno 911!" stars Robert Grant and Thomas Lennon mentioned in their book Writing Movies for Fun and Profit (published in 2012) that a sequel to Reno 911!: Miami (2007) was scrapped due to its poor box office.

They said that they planned to call the movie sequel Reno 911!: SOS and it was to feature the "Reno 911!" characters getting stuck on a deserted island with a serial killer on the loose.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:51 PM   #156
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Universal was planning a sequel to NATIONAL LAMPOONS ANIMAL HOUSE that would have starred John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd and would have been set at Haight-Ashbury. But Belushis death caused them to drop the idea.

They were going to make another STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION movie with the NEXT GEN., VOY., and DS9 crews but when STAR TREK: NEMISIS bombed at the box office Paramount scrapped the idea.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #157
Tubehead

there was going to be an super man returns 2 & dooms day was going to be an villian but it never happened!! then they were going to make an super man movie with nick cage but it never did happen!! they were going to make another batman called trumpfit movie but then batman & robin bombed so they didn't make it!! they were going to make an home alone 3 with Macaulay Culkin as an teeanger but then he dropped out!!
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #158
Torgo
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
Universal was planning a sequel to NATIONAL LAMPOONS ANIMAL HOUSE that would have starred John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd and would have been set at Haight-Ashbury. But Belushis death caused them to drop the idea.
That would have been interesting. Those 2 had great chemistry.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #159
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubehead
there was going to be an super man returns 2 & dooms day was going to be an villian but it never happened!! then they were going to make an super man movie with nick cage but it never did happen!! they were going to make another batman called trumpfit movie but then batman & robin bombed so they didn't make it!! they were going to make an home alone 3 with Macaulay Culkin as an teeanger but then he dropped out!!
The Nicolas Cage Superman movie, which was titled Superman Lives, was in development long before Superman Returns in the late '90s. Tim Burton was slated to direct from a script by Kevin Smith. Thankfully, based on things I've heard from Kevin Smith, that movie never happened.

There was never a sequel to Superman Returns planned because while the movie did reasonably well at the box office, it didn't live up to the financial expectations Warner Bros. had for it.

And if that Nic Cage/Tim Burton Superman movie had happened, Superman Returns would never have been made.

And in the early 2000s, when the Batman and Superman franchises were dead, an early version of Batman Vs. Superman was in development and it was being reported that a high profile director was attached to it. This never got off the ground, however.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #160
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
I never heard the plotline was going to be set in Haight-Ashbury, but I know that a Animal House sequel was in development like you said.

The role of D-Day in the original movie was written with Dan Aykroyd in mind, but he turned down the part because he felt it was Belushi's movie and he wanted to focus on writing and performing for Saturday Night Live.

There was also a Blues Brothers sequel in development at the same time that would have starred Belushi and Aykroyd, but Belushi's death nixed that project and the movie was never made.
Dr. Thong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #161
Torgo
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
The Nicolas Cage Superman movie, which was titled Superman Lives, was in development long before Superman Returns in the late '90s. Tim Burton was slated to direct from a script by Kevin Smith. Thankfully, based on things I've heard from Kevin Smith, that movie never happened.

There was never a sequel to Superman Returns planned because while the movie did reasonably well at the box office, it didn't live up to the financial expectations Warner Bros. had for it.

And if that Nic Cage/Tim Burton Superman movie had happened, Superman Returns would never have been made.

And in the early 2000s, when the Batman and Superman franchises were dead, an early version of Batman Vs. Superman was in development and it was being reported that a high profile director was attached to it. This never got off the ground, however.
There was indeed a Superman Returns sequel planned. Often sequels are planned even before the original film is released:
https://www.moviefone.com/2014/02/03...eturns-sequel/
Old 06-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #162
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
There was indeed a Superman Returns sequel planned. Often sequels are planned even before the original film is released:
https://www.moviefone.com/2014/02/03...eturns-sequel/
I stand corrected. But they dropped it pretty quickly after the movie's release and what they felt was disappointing box office.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #163
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
There is a great documentary, The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?, where Jon Peters, Kevin Smith and Tim Burton discuss their involvement and eventual scrapping of the project.

Quote:
I had actually mentioned this one a few years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
There was supposed to be a sequel to Superman Returns (2006) with Bryan Singer returning to direct and with many of the cast coming back.

The sequel was originally announced 4 months before the Returns premiere for a mid-2009 theatrical release.

Filming was supposed to start by mid-2007 but Singer had to put it on hold when he produced Valkyrie.

Then the 2007-08 Writers Strike delayed things even more and then the release was pushed to 2010. Ultimately nothing ever happened with it.

Quote:
That was Wolfgang Petersen and Josh Hartnett was in talks to be Superman.
He then left it to direct Troy.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #164
Torgo
Forum Veteran

I'm not sure who is a worse choice to play Superman Cage or Hartnett.

I like both actors, but I can't see either of them in the part. Though Cage I guess would have fit considering how weird that version would have been to begin with.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #165
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
There is a great documentary, The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?, where Jon Peters, Kevin Smith and Tim Burton discuss their involvement and eventual scrapping of the project.
I'll have to check that out.

I did watch a DVD of Kevin Smith live where he talked about Superman Lives and how producer Jon Peters didn't want Superman to fly (if I'm remembering it correctly), wanted him to wear a re-designed costume and wanted him to fight a giant mechanical spider.

The movie obviously never happened, but Smith noted that the mechanical spider did show up in The Wild Wild West, a remake of the '60s TV show produced by...Jon Peters.

Kevin Smith basically said that Peters paid for the rights to Superman and wanted to make a movie about a character who wasn't really Superman, that he had no clue what made Superman tick.

I don't think Burton would have been a good choice for Superman. Just because he directed a couple of Batman movies doesn't mean he can do just any superhero movie.