Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-09-2005, 09:54 AM   #121
crystaldawn

Well I have it on tape but actually haven't watched it too many times so feel free to add any more details guys. This couple from Horicon, WI bought a bunkbed and at first stored it in their basement. Then they brought it up in one of their children's rooms and strange things started to happen. I remember the boys clock radio going berzerk and the dad claiming his garage was on fire but when he went out again it wasn't. They did have their pastor come over and "exorcise" their house but eventually the family having had enough left abruptly one night and never returned. They did say the new owners hadn't had any problems. I must admit I'm not a big fan of the ghost stories on UM but this one is pretty good.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #122
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Okay...I just read all 9 pages of this thread, and I have to say, I'm officially freaked out!!! I'm home alone too!!!!!!!!!

I am with everyone on here, the music always does it for me!!! And Robert Stack has the perfect voice!!!

The ATM case always creeped me out! OOOh those pictures and that sketch!!!!!!! YIKES!!!

And the elderly couple with the Winnebago! I agree--the actor who played the murderer was creepy! I think they featured him in the introduction/themes song to the show, in the shows' later years, and everytime I saw his face, I freaked! AHH!!

I think the Zodiac killers one is also very creepy

I also get creeped out by the woman who...I'm not sure her name, but every man that she had married or associated with died? I am drawing a blank on this case, but I remember the picture of her, and it freaked me out!

There is this one case of this dad that abused his daughter so badly, and hit her with his belt and just was completely horrible to her! He tried several times to get her back after she was in foster care, and I think once succeeded, but in the end, I remember she is a mother now herself and reflected on her experience. I just thought how her dad kept coming after her was creepy! Anybody know the case name?

Ooh! And how about the case about the geletanious goop (sp?) that kept falling from the sky like rain in a small town that made the whole town sick! That was freaky! They didn't know what it was due to!

There was this one episode where they did an exorcism on a girl, and she kept screaming and yelling and convulsing...that one freaked me out for days!

I always got creeped out by the Don Decker case too.

Gosh, there are so many more that I can't think of at the moment! But someone a few pages back said that the whole show was scary, and I agree, but that's one of the many reasons why I love Unsolved Mysteries!

EEK! Now I am going to hide under the covers!!! lol!!!!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:16 AM   #123
Jersey Girl 7
Jersey Girl 7
Occasional Poster

What about the 1 -70 seriel killer? i just saw that one the other day.
he was shooting people in stores off that highway in the midwest.
anyone see that?
Jersey Girl 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #124
U.M. Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyinPink55
Okay...I just read all 9 pages of this thread, and I have to say, I'm officially freaked out!!! I'm home alone too!!!!!!!!!

I am with everyone on here, the music always does it for me!!! And Robert Stack has the perfect voice!!!

The ATM case always creeped me out! OOOh those pictures and that sketch!!!!!!! YIKES!!!

And the elderly couple with the Winnebago! I agree--the actor who played the murderer was creepy! I think they featured him in the introduction/themes song to the show, in the shows' later years, and everytime I saw his face, I freaked! AHH!!

I think the Zodiac killers one is also very creepy

I also get creeped out by the woman who...I'm not sure her name, but every man that she had married or associated with died? I am drawing a blank on this case, but I remember the picture of her, and it freaked me out!

There is this one case of this dad that abused his daughter so badly, and hit her with his belt and just was completely horrible to her! He tried several times to get her back after she was in foster care, and I think once succeeded, but in the end, I remember she is a mother now herself and reflected on her experience. I just thought how her dad kept coming after her was creepy! Anybody know the case name?

Ooh! And how about the case about the geletanious goop (sp?) that kept falling from the sky like rain in a small town that made the whole town sick! That was freaky! They didn't know what it was due to!

There was this one episode where they did an exorcism on a girl, and she kept screaming and yelling and convulsing...that one freaked me out for days!

I always got creeped out by the Don Decker case too.

Gosh, there are so many more that I can't think of at the moment! But someone a few pages back said that the whole show was scary, and I agree, but that's one of the many reasons why I love Unsolved Mysteries!

EEK! Now I am going to hide under the covers!!! lol!!!!

There should be a disclaimer for reading this thread, especially at night.
U.M. Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:22 PM   #125
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

LOL! You are so right!!! It was night when I was reading this, and I was home alone!! And right before I went to bed, what did I watch? A taped Unsolved Mysteries episode! Perfect way to top off the night!
PrettyinPink55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #126
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

I have to add the recent episode which featured the arsonist who made the tape of his chanting while setting a house on construction on fire! That was creepy!!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #127
U.M. Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
I have to add the recent episode which featured the arsonist who made the tape of his chanting while setting a house on construction on fire! That was creepy!!!!

I saw that one too! Boy, was his voice ever freaky!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:35 AM   #128
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.M. Fanatic
I saw that one too! Boy, was his voice ever freaky!
I know!!! I was watching it at night too on tape!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #129
U.M. Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
I know!!! I was watching it at night too on tape!

You're a lot braver then me. When I watch Unsolved Mysteries at night, I find it to be insomnia inducing.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:55 PM   #130
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Oh I didn't say I had a good night's sleep afterward?? After I watched it, I immediately put it on a cartoon channel and slept to that!
Old 06-19-2005, 04:58 AM   #131
widowmaker75
Occasional Poster

yeah the platimum was the dale kerstetter case in bradford pa... still never heard from him and never solved... bon jovi write a song for that girl for the life of me i cant think of it..
widowmaker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #132
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Bumping this up.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #133
U.M. Fanatic
Forum Regular

Keeping this thread going, how about the case of Kurt Sova? I know its been talked about before, but I feel like this episode epitomizes what is so great about the earlier years with this show. This one segment was so expertly produced it was like watching a mini-movie. The case itself is creepy enough, but the music they used put this over the top, especially when the father of Kurt starts searching the basement of the duplex for any signs of him.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #134
drtom1966
Frequent Poster

Sorry for bumping this old thread toward the top of the list, but I couldn't resist adding one of my own favorite (?) scariest UM moments, and one I didn't see cited previously here -- the scene in which the guy riding the ATV happens upon the blonde model out in the middle of the California desert. The woman gives him a blank stare and then, all of a sudden, these three maniacs leap out of the bushes and start pushing his tiny little vehicle around, banging on the hood, rocking it back and forth, and one of the guys (whose long, stringy hair masks his face), keeps saying over and over at the driver's side window, "What are you lookin' at, man? What are you lookin' at, man?" This was like a real-life "Deliverance"...Creeps me out every time I see it!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #135
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
Composite, yes he did. I thought that the white guy was drawn off-balance.

I still haven't seen the 3D composite, but I saw the hand-drawn composite, and that's scary enough (about the Rest Stop killer)!
America's Most Wanted recently started up a feature called Cold Case Files. Last week they aired the case about a man named John Gentry. Now, he wasn't featured on UM as far as I know. But during the segment, which clearly came from the early 90s, they interviewed a police officer related to the case. He was in his office and I noticed a wanted poster in the background. It had sketches of two men: the one on the left white, the other black. I almost immediately recognized them as the men suspected in the case of the abducted postal worker, even though it has been over a decade since I've seen the UM segment.

Anyone else see AMW last week and notice that?
Composite Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote