Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-31-2001, 01:07 AM   #16
grbush82
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
You are correct on the details, I'm amazed you can remember that. The episode aired September 20, 1989 - I have it taped from NBC.

Do you have notes on the episodes that you can e-mail me for the episode guide?
I don't even remember ever watching that epidsode. Did it air on Lifetime or on just on NBC?How many UM episodes do you have on tape?I wanna see this segment!lol

~Michelle
grbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 01:13 AM   #17
grbush82
Occasional Poster

>>One example of the former: the segment with Jon Bon Jovi (the one about the mysterious death of his friend/manager's little girl) originally aired on CBS on May 22, 1998.>>

I've never seen that one. Actually I didn't know they aired UM on CBS untill they canceled it and ran a few reruns. Does anyone have it on tape?

~Michelle
grbush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 02:01 PM   #18
Kane

Quote:
Actually I didn't know they aired UM on CBS untill they canceled it and ran a few reruns. Does anyone have it on tape?

~Michelle[/B]
CBS aired new Unsolved Mysteries episodes only during midseason in the spring of 1998 and the spring of 1999. The network did hoever air an UM special on November 13,1997 (the installment included a segment on whether or not Elvis Presley committed suicide, as well as a story on the unsolved 1994 of two women at a Kentucky massage parlor).

I have taped countless episodes of UM, but I generally do so only whem I'm not able to watch it at the time (especially in a situation where I'm not going to be home in time to watch it). And after seeing them on tape, I usually record them over. Sorry.

Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 08:57 PM   #19
unsolved_mystery
Occasional Poster

I have a few moments when UM scared the crap out of me:

1. The case where this little 4 year old girl went out to play and then the next day she was found dead in a box. The thing that scared me was that criminal sketch. He just looks so morbid... ugh.....

2. I agree that with one of the people who posted a reply about the guy drawing money from a bank and then dissapering. And then the face... oh god the face..... I had nightmares after that face......

3. More faces!!!!! When they showed that face on Mars...

4. When that family buys a bunk bed and strange and scary things start happening...

5. The segment about Linda Sherman's skull being found and then that strange note that says "THE POLICE HAVE L. SHERMAN'S SKULL" or something like that. Now that was the only new segment that has made me scared

6. The music!!!! I never was bothered too much by the 1988-1996 theme song, nethier the 1996-1999 theme song, but one musical cue has always scared me.......................

THE UPDATE THEME!!!!!!
Ermm well actually I can't explain how it sounds but it can be heard on the update for
(look up there at my list) number 1. And then when they were showing this one story about children that got took away from thier grandparents there was REALLY scary music on that one...

That's my list...

There's more but it's too much too list

unsolved_mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 01:27 PM   #20
Kane

Red face

Here are a couple more segments tht I consider spooky to one degree or another (both of the following segments aired during the late '80s):

1) An Indiana man who was supposedly found dead in two separate fires that occured ten years apart, 1970 and 1980. His "widow" died in the 1980 fire. There was speculation that the man might have staged his death in the first fire to get out of a financial slump. The majority of those who were interviewed for the story doubt that he died in the first fire. They believe he either died in the second fire or might still be alive!

2) There was the 1989 segment about a Pennsylvania factory worker who disappeared in 1987, along with some platinum.. Surveilance cameras recorded him with a masked intruder. Apparently, the man was being coerced by the masked thief, but there's the theory that the coercion might have been a ruse to make it seem like he was an unwilling participant. I thought it was kind of freaky that the factory worker looked up at the camera. Whether or not he was a willing participant, looking at the camera was obviously the man's nonverbal way of saying something. It might have been either a secret call for help or a way of showing off.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:54 PM   #21
MelissaLynn
Occasional Poster

Red face

I just watched the episode tonight, Sept 10th, and it had the scariest segment I've seen. It was the one about the excorsism. I saw The Excorsist, and it has to be the scariest movie I've ever seen. That kind of stuff scares me. Anyway, the part in the segment that scared me the most was the part where the girl was looking in the mirror and her eyes were all black. OH MY GOD!!

Another segment that scared the poop (hee hee... poop... ha ha ha...) out of me was the one about the haunted area in, I believe it is the Arizona desert. The parts that showed the "ghosts" were SCARY!! Of course am I quite a sissy, so... yeah..
MelissaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 09:14 PM   #22
mapinator
First Time Poster

The spookiest Ep. to me was, and forgive me if I don't remember all the facts, Is the one where the woman saw her brother at a gas station, at a park, and on the highway when he was supposed to have died in the military. Map
mapinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 02:08 PM   #23
danzin01_1983
Frequent Poster

Ok I am a huge Jon Bon Jovi fan so could someone please post details about the segment that he was on, because i never heard about it.
danzin01_1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 01:22 PM   #24
Kane

Quote:
Originally posted by danzin01_1983:
Ok I am a huge Jon Bon Jovi fan so could someone please post details about the segment that he was on, because i never heard about it.
The segment that Jon Bon Jovi was in was about the death of Katherine Korzilius, the daughter of his friend/manager Paul Korzilius. The little girl was found unconscious on the street near her home in the summer of 1996, and died shortly afterwards. She was only six years old. There are some theories about the mysterious circumstances of her death: One theory is that she was a victim of a hit-and-run driver; and another is that someone may have murdered the girl in a vain attempt to kidnap her.

Jon Bon Jovi made a short appearance on the segment (which originally aired on CBS on May 22, 1998).

Hope this helps.

Old 10-01-2001, 06:24 PM   #25
boechsner

Some of the scariest mysteries are:

The one where a woman is attacked at a wayside and left for dead. She gets back in her car and drives and finds herself driving right behind her attacker.

The one about the family who bought the bunk bed and the house becomes haunted. By the way, that house is located in Horicon, WI, only 15 minutes from my house. I've driven past that house many times.

The one where the woman has that dream about being in a house and then later in life buys the house in her dream, which is being haunted by the ghost of a man who was killed in his backyard by an unknown assailant.

The one where a wealthy woman is killed after someone put poison in her cold medicine.

The one where that woman who picks up stray dogs, her kennel is torched.
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 09:06 PM   #26
Mcfly
Forum Regular

Red face

There's so many that I'll try and be brief:

The three men killed on Signal Mountain while riding 3 wheelers;

Cindy Anderson case where the secretary disappeared after her name was spray painted on a wall by a supposed stalker, only to find out she was killed by her law firm cuz she knew of their drug deals;

"Judy Himes is alive, and she lives in Omaha". That mystery call still creeps me out;

The lonely single mother who disappeared, only to be found dead of suicide in a hotel;

And probly number one, the Dan Short case, of the bank president abducted and chained to a chair and thrown off a bridge into water. So glad to see the update of the suspects capture, which was surprisingly either on one of A&Es or Discovery Channel's real-life cold case shows.

And to that earlier poster: Yes, that update theme with the "zoooom" noise and constant "duh duh duh duh" music is spooky.

Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 12:38 PM   #27
Kane

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mcfly:

And probly number one, the Dan Short case, of the bank president abducted and chained to a chair and thrown off a bridge into water. So glad to see the update of the suspects capture, which was surprisingly either on one of A&Es or Discovery Channel's real-life cold case shows.

I remember that segment; it's one of the many UM stories that stand out in my mind. I'm aware that the Discovery Channel series "The FBI Files" did a story on that as well.
Old 10-09-2001, 04:15 PM   #28
Mijada
Spencers mom

Any stories that had to do with UFOs or alien abductions really freaked me out. The one where the 4 guys went camping and claim to have been abducted in particular. The whole Roswell story and the "missing time" stories were scary. The one where the young guy was abducted at the Atm machine and the one about the little boy and the older girl that dissapeared was really eerie too. Also the very first episode I remember seeing in 1988 before the show was seen regularly about this psychic woman who had visions of a little boy falling into a river and drowning hours before it happened. She knew in detail what the boy was wearing even that his shoes were on the wrong feet. That was really strange
Mijada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 05:32 PM   #29
Joyce DeWitt
Forum Regular

Was that one with the girl posting the message true, or a joke to freak us out?
~joyce

------------------
°·.*¤*-Joyce Rayburn-*¤*.·°
LOL Karli the above is a JOKE!

"Hi Amy I know an Amy but it's not you well now I know you" ~Jackie, my sister

Jackie and Karli, my sisters. How messed up in the head we are. MESHI!!!! Oh and Jackie, have you ever seen Tattie in love?

Sycoplease©

¤°º¤º°¤I am completely NUTS.¤°º¤º°¤

*~Have a nice day. Smile. You never know what it'll do for you.~*
Joyce DeWitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 10:17 AM   #30
Mcfly
Forum Regular

Oh, and I forgot about "The Gurden Light" one or the "Resurrection Mary" one. I've always wondered if I found myself in Chicago if I'd have the guts to check out Resurrection Cemetary at night.
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote