Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #121
joshypiano
Stack-a-holic
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to joshypiano Send a message via MSN to joshypiano Send a message via Yahoo to joshypiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
If they did this topic, it would be the most frightening one they could ever do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Sounds like something I read in some Carlos Casteneda books.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #122
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola77
Hi, I'm new!

One case I'd like to see profiled is the disappearance of Trenny Lynn Gibson in 1976. She was on a field trip in the Great Smoky Mountains with her class when she vanished. Despite extensive searches, no trace of her was ever found. Dennis Martin also when missing from the Smoky Mountains when he was 8 years old, in 1969.
I've been trying for awhile to locate information on a "Forest of Missing Children" I believe was in California in the 1950s, written up in a paperback book we had. If I find the book going through boxes, I will post the information. Someone on another forum suggested cougars as an explanation for children suddenly going missing in wooded areas.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 AM   #123
lola77
Occasional Poster

Default Missing

I think I read that same book you're talking about. It had a bunch of unsolved mysteries in it. I had the book it was just some paperback thing from the '70's, but I've misplaced it somewhere. The story about the Forest involved a boy and a girl who went on a bike ride in the '50's and never returned. Last year when I was doing some research on the DOE network, I believe I found the 2 kids mentioned in the story. I think the girl's name was Brenda. It's thought that they were abducted and murdered by Mack Ray Edwards. He was employed as a road builder in California in the 1950's and 60's. He buried his victims under the highways he constructed.

The case of Trenny has always affected me deeply. I think someone stalked her, waited until she was alone and maybe a bit separated from the rest of the kids on the field trip, and then killed her. I don't think she would have run away.
lola77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 AM   #124
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Thanks for that. This http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kremen_bruce.html could well have been one of the missing children. Angeles National Forest in the late 1950s-early 1960s sounds familiar, and certainly more than one went missing in the area, because it was referred to as the "Forest of Missing Children." The particular case I remember was (I thought) as follows: an 8-year-old boy was with a small group (not 80 children, perhaps a family hike). He ran over a rise. Seconds later, when the others topped the rise, the boy was nowhere to be seen. The family and other searchers couldn't find any holes he could have fallen into or other explanation for his sudden disappearance.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #125
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

It's been discussed on here before, but I'd like see a episode on the cluster murders that occurred in the 'killing fields' around League City and Galveston, Texas from the early 1970's into the mid 1980's. At one point, some of the early 1970's homicides were believed to be connected with the murders that Michael Lloyd Self was later convicted of (UM had a Final Appeal segment about his case). Apparently there's several suspects for the various killings.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #126
lola77
Occasional Poster

Default missing

There was the case of Douglas Legg, a 9 year old boy, who went missing on a family hike in 1971 in New York State in the Adirondack Mountains. His family had set out on this hike and sent Douglas home to change into long pants and he vanished. Doug was very familiar with the location and it would seem unlikely that he would have gotten lost. Despite an extensive search, no trace of him was ever found.

Another case I always wanted to see profiled on Unsolved was the case of The Texarcana Moonlight Murders that happened in 1946. This crime was never solved, between February 28 and May 4, 1946, 4 people were murdered and 3 assaulted by this unknown person. The murders are quite similar to the Zodiac killings.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #127
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

What do you know, this http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...an_thomas.html sounds like the case I was thinking of.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #128
lola77
Occasional Poster

Default missing

Yeah, this must have been the one you are thinking of. And it coincides with the disappearance of Brenda Howell/ Don Baker, the two that were out bike riding.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #129
Mastermind

1. I could of sworn they did something on the Torso Murderer, didn't they? If not it would be an interesting case. Especially considering who was investigation it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Torso_Murderer

2. Did they do anything on the Mad Gasser of Mattoon? There is some evidence that this may be the work of an actual person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Gasser

3. They do the Count of St. Germain?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_St._Germain

4. These would be interesting angles on UFO stories
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrillon

5. They should definitely do the Alexander Litvinenko poisoning.
So many political ramifications from that case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...enko_poisoning

6. This is a weird case too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #130
lola77
Occasional Poster

They did do a show on the Torso Murders. That was a case that always haunted Elliot Ness, as he knew who did it, but was missing the tiniest bit of evidence to arrest the perp.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #131
lostlingaer
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Thanks to all who responded to my question about what stories should be featured on Unsolved Mysteries. Now, I thought I'd share my ideas about potential stories.

1) I'd like UM to do a story about the Texas murder victim known as "Orange Socks," which was all she wore when her body was found in a ditch in October of 1979. Serial killer Henry Lee Lucas confessed (and later recanted) to the murder. (His death sentence for that crime was reduced to life in prison in 1998 due to increasing doubts about his guilt in that particular murder.) Sadly, the woman remains unidentified. Therefore, I think it would be nice to see Unsolved Mysteries do a segment on that.

2) I think it would also be interesting to see a "Final Appeal" segment on Jeffrey MacDonald. He was the Green Beret doctor who is incarcerated for the 1970 murders of his wife and two young daughters. He claims that some vital evidence (which could possibly acquit him) was suppressed.

3) The BTK Strangler. This unidentified serial killer terrorized the Kansas area during the 1970s. (BTK stands for "bind, torture, and kill.") He is responsible for at least seven murders.

If anyone can think of any more story ideas for Unsolved Mysteries to consider, I'd be happy to hear about them. Again, thanks for sharing your story ideas. And for those who may share theirs in the future, thank you all in advance.
I think if you would take a look at the cases featured on www.unsolvedcanada.com , you would see major issues that could be addressed and hold public interest from one end of Canada to another
especially the "biggest cover-ups in Canada"
lostlingaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #132
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

Berenger Sauniere and the church of Mary Magdalene in Rennes le Chateau.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #133
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

There’s two unsolved homicide cases from Winnipeg that “coulda been a contendah” for UM

Two young women murdered almost one year to the day apart, found in the same area. Could this be the work of the same person(s) or just a bizarre coincidence?

I’ve done a little research into these two cases. It’s kinda hard to get any info online or otherwise. A friend of mine who used to be the crime reporter for one of the local newspapers here got some info and we found out the main suspect had died years ago.
A fellow whom I work with used to go to high school with Marie Banks but there was no information he had that would help solve her murder.

Anyway, here are the two cases for the unsolved murders of Marie Banks and Constance Cameron

This was taken from

http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/unsolved_cases/index.stm

The Marie Banks Murder

Marie BanksEighteen year old Marie Edith Banks was last seen alive during the early morning hours of Tuesday, July 26, 1983, getting into a vehicle in the area of McDermot Avenue and Princess Street where she worked as a prostitute. She is subsequently reported missing by a friend on August 1, 1983.

Two weeks later, on Monday, August 15, 1983, Banks’ body was found in a Fort Garry field off Sparling Avenue near Manitoba Hydro’s head office and the CNR “Rivers” Mainline. A neighbourhood resident out walking his dog found her body in the field and notified the police. The cause of death was determined to be manual strangulation.

Banks’ body was found face up with her arms stretched over her head and it appeared that her body had been dragged to this location. Other than her jewelry and a garter belt, Banks was totally naked and there was no clothing nearby suggesting it may have been left behind in the suspect’s vehicle or the location in which she was killed.

Although Bank’s clothing and purse were never found; a neighbourhood youth reported seeing a purse and a shoe similar to ones owned by Banks in the general vicinity on or about July 27, 1983. When the police returned to the location where the purse had been seen, a number of condoms were located on the ground (but no purse) suggesting that prostitutes may have frequented this vicinity.

Blue circle indicates where body of Marie Banks was found. Red circle indicates where body of Constance Cameron was found.Unfortunately, such investigations are often hampered by the lifestyle of prostitutes as their activities immediately prior to their death are hard to establish and previous customers are not likely or willing to step forward with information. Furthermore, Banks associated with organized criminals and had previously complained about being assaulted by some of them who wanted to take over “management” of her business (ie: pimps).

In an ironic twist of fate, Banks’ body was found almost one year to the day and less than 100 meters from the body of another part-time prostitute. On August 6, 1984, the body of Constance Lynn Cameron was found in a field on the other side of the CNR tracks from where Banks was found. She too was last seen in the downtown area of Winnipeg and had died as a result of manual strangulation.
It is unknown if these two deaths are related as the access roads to these areas by vehicle are a considerable distance apart and it may (or may not) only be a coincidence as to the timing and location of their bodies.

The Constance Cameron Murder

Twenty year old Constance Lynn Cameron was last seen alive during the early morning hours of Friday, August 3, 1984, when a friend allegedly dropped her off in the area of Higgins and Austin where she may have worked as a prostitute.

A few days later, on Monday August 6, 1984, Cameron’s body was found in a Fort Garry field off Parker Avenue near the CNR “Rivers” Mainline. A passerby out for a walk observed her body in the field and notified the police. The cause of death was determined to be manual strangulation.

Cameron’s body was found face down with her arms stretched over her head. A black tank top, which she had been wearing, was rolled up to her neck suggesting that her body had been dragged to this location. This was consistent with the fact that the bottoms of Cameron’s socks were clean and free of dirt and leaves, indicating that she had not walked to this location.

Neither of Cameron’s shoes or her purse were found with the body and it is believed that they were left behind in the suspect’s vehicle where she may have met her death.

Unfortunately, investigations are often hampered by the lifestyle of prostitutes as their activities immediately prior to their death are hard to establish and previous customers are not likely to willingly step forward with information. However, as Cameron was not seen alive after being dropped off on Higgins Avenue it is believed that she died that day, possibly at the hands of one of her customers.

Blue circle indicates where body of Marie Banks was found. Red circle indicates where body of Constance Cameron was found.In an ironic twist of fate, Cameron’s body was found almost one year to the day and less than 100 meters from the body of another part-time prostitute. On August 15, 1983, the body of Marie Edith Banks was found in a field on the other side of the CNR tracks from where Cameron was found. She too was last seen in the downtown area of Winnipeg and had died as a result of manual strangulation.
It is unknown if these two deaths are related as the access roads to these areas by vehicle are a considerable distance apart and it may (or may not) only be a coincidence as to the time and location of their bodies.
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #134
Mystery Man
Frequent Poster

*Final Appeal* West Memphis Three: Three teenage heavy metal fans were arrested and charged with the murder of three younger boys. However, lots of evidence points to a mysterious African male who showed up at a Bojangles restaurant the night of the murders covered in dirt and lurking in the ladies' bathroom. In addition, non of the suspects blood was found at the scene. Many eople have supported them, including Henry Rollins, who recorded an album to raise money for them.

*UFOs* The Alabama Tin Foil Alien: In October of 1973, a police officer named Jeff Greenhaw allegedly chased a tin foil-like creature through the forests of Kelly, Kentucky, after responding to a call from a woman who claimed to have seen a spaceship land. He brought along a polaroid camera just in case the sighting was true and when he saw the creature, he snapped photos. Many people ridicule his story and photos, he maintains that his photos are legit.

*Legends* The Murder of Nancy Spungen: Although it is widely accepted that punk rocker Sid Vicious murdered his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, some people believe she may have been killed by drug dealers,robbers, or even comedian Rocket Redglare.

*Murder* Boy In The Box: In September of 1957, an unidentified 4 to 5 year old boy was found in a box near a roadside in Philadelphia. The badly beaten body has never been identified nor has the killer ever been found.

*Unexplained Death* Lead Masks Case: In August of 1966, the bodies of two Brazilian technicians were found by an 18 year old boy. The men, wearing lead masks used to protect people from toxic radiation, had a note next to their bodies saying:

Quote:
"16:30 be at the agreed place. 18:30 swallow capsules, after effect protect metals wait for sign mask [or 'mask sign']".
It is unconfirmed whether the note was left by the killer or was written by the victims themselves.

Last edited by Mystery Man; 05-19-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Mystery Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #135
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Hey good call(s) Mysteryman!

The two I'd really be interested in are:

Quote:
*Final Appeal* West Memphis Three: Three teenage heavy metal fans were arrested and charged with the murder of three younger boys. However, lots of evidence points to a mysterious African male who showed up at a Bojangles restaurant the night of the murders covered in dirt and lurking in the ladies' bathroom. In addition, non of the suspects blood was found at the scene. Many eople have supported them, including Henry Rollins, who recorded an album to raise money for them.
This case makes me sick and drives me insane!!! It's truly an abortion of justice performed with a rusty coat hanger

Quote:
*Legends* The Murder of Nancy Spungen: Although it is widely accepted that punk rocker Sid Vicious murdered his girlfriend Nancy Spungen, some people believe she may have been killed by drug dealers or robbers.
"Who really killed Nancy Spungen?"

(cough Rockets (cough) Redglare (cough)
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote