Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #61
jewely_44
Occasional Poster

My name is Julie Weatherwax-Shilts, Jill Ann Weatherwax was my sister. I would also like to see a followup on Unsolved Mysteries. The orginal segment was very poorly done except for Aphrodite Jones, she was the only positive thing about it. Please consider re-doing as a follow-up story. My sister deserved better. The killers have never been caught. My Mother died January 2006 as a result of her grief. My dad is so grief stricken his health is seriously failing. Our family has never recovered.
jewely_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:08 PM   #62
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewely_44
My name is Julie Weatherwax-Shilts, Jill Ann Weatherwax was my sister. I would also like to see a followup on Unsolved Mysteries. The orginal segment was very poorly done except for Aphrodite Jones, she was the only positive thing about it. Please consider re-doing as a follow-up story. My sister deserved better. The killers have never been caught. My Mother died January 2006 as a result of her grief. My dad is so grief stricken his health is seriously failing. Our family has never recovered.
Julie, you and your loved ones all have my condolences.

Are you sure UM did a segment on Jill's murder? It's not ringing any bells for me. In any case, I regret to say there is no way for UM to accommodate your suggestion because the show is no longer in production.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:44 PM   #63
jewely_44
Occasional Poster

Default Jill Ann Weatherwax

Thank-you Kane for your reply. If you look up Aphrodite Jones website, you will see the where she posts credits for past television appearances. I traveled to L.A. and met her and a crew for the show. We went up to Fresno to shoot the segment. The E Channel also did the story under "True Hollywood Stories" it hasn't aired lately that I know of but they reran it for a while. Fresno Police Department has turned the case over to the cold case unit as of this date. They still keep in touch with me. Julie.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #64
jewely_44
Occasional Poster

oops sorry, that was Americas Most Wanted actually, NOT Unsolved Mysteries. sorry about that.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #65
ddelta
Frequent Poster

I love this thread so i thought i bump it for more stories.

One i would love to see is the young couple who were sleeping on a beach in sleeping bags who were shot in the head. THey have never solved it.

I also would love to see the case of the couple from Philadelphia who went out one night for drinks and left in the guys car. Neither has been seen since nor the guys car. Originally i thought this was one of those cases where the car went off the road and they just didn't find it....but I am now thinking the woman's ex-husband had something to do with it. So sad.
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #66
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I thought that I had mentioned this particular story on this thread before, but one case that I would have LOVED to see UM cover dealt with the unsolved homicide of three women in a beauty salon in Florence, Montana. For those of you that are unaware of the makeup of this Montana town, Florence is VERY "small-town U.S.A." where everyone knows everyone else. Anyway, a customer came into the beauty shop one morning and found a woman dead. She alerted the authorities, who then investigated and found two more women dead. The murders were extremely brutal and there appeared to be no motive for them.

America's Most Wanted covered this story, but I could have seen UM profiling the story in greater detail as a "Special Alert." On an interesting sidenote, however, there is a suspect that they have in custody, although I don't know if they have enough evidence to prosecute him. Check out the story here and here.

You can see the case synopsis on America's Most Wanted's website. Interestingly enough, it also has a link to Jennifer Servo, a reporter who covered the murder while she was a news reporter in Montana who was tragically murdered herself less than a year later. I don't know of any updates in her case, but the story had been featured in Cosmopolitan magazine.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #67
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Here is a great old thread which mentions BTK when that case was pretty dead and was solved finally a few years ago.

There are some more recent cases they can feature on the new UM. One which is very fresh about that girl in the west (I think it's in Nevada or Arizona) that was sleeping on the couch at her friend's or family member's place and the assailant broke in that room through the nearest door to where she was sleeping there in the living room, then abducted her, and killed her (she might have been raped too). She was missing for a little while, then was found a few months later. I believe he is a serial killer who was linked to another killing with the same MO pretty close to this latest one. Does anyone know about that case or any of the details/clues on it?

Then another other case would be the Boca Raton, Florida abductor/robber/killer that would stake out the mall and target mothers with their child so they could easily be managed and controlled. He would accost them in the parking lot where he would bound them, blindfold them with blacked out swim goggles, and shoot them after having them drive in the victim's van or SUV to an ATM where he could rob them beforehand. Now since the heat is on him there, he could have left that area for another area to start another series of killings.

This one would be perfect for UM too: http://www.fox11az.com/news/topstori....275ead90.html

The Lane Bryant massacre at Tinsley Park, Illinois would be another good recent case as well as the 1995 Nicole Smith rapist/killer who raped again recently (2004) in nearly the same area in Atlanta.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #68
browneyes106

I'm glad this thread got bumped up. I was wondering what stories SpikeTV will put on the new Unsolved Mysteries. There are a lot of missing persons stories that could be featured.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #69
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Yes, it definitely deserved the bump. I also think they should do some cases on serial killers like the original I-70 Killer that preyed on homosexual men in the 80s and dumped them along the highway and show the other I-70 killer segment with an update as to him moving down to I-35 in Texas (I don't recall them mentioning that the I-70 killer that killed women clerks moved down to Texas). They could also do a whole hour long episode on various Chicago cases like the ones on this page: http://weeklywire.com/ww/11-02-98/chicago_cover.html
Old 05-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #70
HumanFrailty
Occasional Poster

Have they done an episode on Kelly Dae Wilson? If not, I'd like to see something on her..
HumanFrailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #71
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanFrailty
Have they done an episode on Kelly Dae Wilson?
The name doesn't ring a bell....
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #72
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Man, look at all the perversion linked to this case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_kelly.html
Jesus.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #73
NEWYORKEX
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthisislab
Yes, it definitely deserved the bump. I also think they should do some cases on serial killers like the original I-70 Killer that preyed on homosexual men in the 80s and dumped them along the highway and show the other I-70 killer segment with an update as to him moving down to I-35 in Texas (I don't recall them mentioning that the I-70 killer that killed women clerks moved down to Texas). They could also do a whole hour long episode on various Chicago cases like the ones on this page: http://weeklywire.com/ww/11-02-98/chicago_cover.html
What makes you say this?
NEWYORKEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #74
NEWYORKEX
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthisislab
Man, look at all the perversion linked to this case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_kelly.html
Jesus.
It cannot be looked at as perversion. Those are signs. Those are characteristics of prevailing criminal attributes. They must be viewed as that and not emotionally. Emotion obstructs objectivity.

I would also like to know about this I 70 killer moving to I 35 in Texas and how that is known? Is there some piece of work on that? Is there anything other than a news account that you know of? I would sincerely appreciate knowing.
NEWYORKEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #75
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKEX
I would also like to know about this I 70 killer moving to I 35 in Texas and how that is known? Is there some piece of work on that? Is there anything other than a news account that you know of? I would sincerely appreciate knowing.
Not sure if this what you mean but found this blurb:

http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com...illers/I70.htm

Police are searching for a man who has killed five women and a man in at least three Midwestern states and three more women in Texas. Their prime suspect is male in his mid-20s to early 30s. He is described as thin, 5-foot-7, with sandy blond hair with a reddish tint and a day-old beard. During a 29-day killing spree in 1992, the killer preyed on female shop clerks within a mile or two of the interstates. His male victim had long hair and a earring, leading authorities to believe the killer thought he was a woman. He robbed most of his victims, but as an afterthought. Clearly, his main intention was murder. After 29 days the killer disappeared from the Midwest. Authorities believed he was in jail or dead until 1993 when he started killing in Texas. There he bagged between two and four more women.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote