Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #121
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Forum Regular

wow, this is very eye opening!
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #122
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelittleman
You do know at least some details about this case which are not commonly known. One being the name of Paul's ex-wife Karen, the other being that her brother did own a yellow El Camino like the one seen by the bus driver. That is consistent with the story. What is also consistent is the disdain that you show Paul Freshour, the same disdain shared by your grandmother. Being that you never met your grandfather and only have what your parents and grandmother told you to go on, you have no way of actually knowing what he did or didn't do. I have a few problems with the theory of Paul being the one who set the trap.

For one, the man spotted by the El Camino was different in appearance to Paul having completely different hair color. Also, why would Karen's brother agree to loan Paul his car AFTER Paul was already divorced from Karen and estranged completely from her side of the family? What motive in the world did Paul have to either write the letters or attempt to murder Mary Gillespie? And another thing, like it or not, if Paul really did write the letters then he was too smart and careful to lay such a careless trap, one that not only failed but incriminated him directly.

I believe that Karen framed or hired someone to frame Paul for the attempted murder. Here are my reasons:

Motive: Divorce court was very generous to Paul Freshour. He got custody of the children, the house and money and funds. Being in jail and a convicted attempted murderer would certainly change the court's mind.

Means: Access and knowledge of location of Paul's handgun. Access to brother's car. The yellow and black El Camino was one of only two cars of that description registered in Ohio at the time.

Opportunity: Karen herself was not seen with the El Camino, however it was a man that neither resembled herself or Paul. This very well could have been the brother or her lover which no one would have recognized.

Vengeance: Karen did not stop or begin at the attempt to ruin Paul this one time. She moved in with Mary after the divorce and told Mary that Paul was the one writing the letters. She also "borrowed" Paul's typewriter to try and link it to the case after he was in jail. And she cooperated with Sheriff Radcliffe against Paul.

The Trap: The trap was poorly constructed and ineffective. The serial numbers were poorly scratched off. And I just find it hard to believe that this was a serious attempt on Mary's life. This seems like a blatant set up if anything. Why would Paul, an accomplished, educated man mastermind this chain of letters, then stupidly rig a trap that pointed directly to him?
Yep, I agree with this. In fact, I posed a similar theory in the page before this one. One big factor that tends to get overlooked is the fact that the letters continued even after Freshour was incarcerated, in solitary, without any writing implements. Freshour himself received a letter while he was in prison! I just don't see how it's physically possible for Paul to have mailed all of those letters (before and during his incarceration) to all of those people. I don't even see how or why Paul would have any motive in doing so.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #123
scc1222
Forum Regular

I agree,very eye-opening! thanks so much for posting.
scc1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #124
SimplyCurious
Occasional Poster

Default A interesting document for you to read.

I don't know how many of you are still looking for updates on this case, but I feel that this will give you more information. Perhaps it will shed a bit more light on this small town in Ohio. Since I am new it will not let me link this as a URL.

circlevilleletters.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/the-full-story.pdf

Lets see what Paul Freshour has to say.

Last edited by SimplyCurious; 04-15-2012 at 04:52 PM.
SimplyCurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #125
WishfulDreamer

I need to read this whole thread. I definitely think it sounds very fishy that Mary said she only had the affair after the letters began. "Some creepo is writing me letters about an affair I'm not having, oops let's begin that affair right now." That's just bizarre.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #126
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyCurious
I don't know how many of you are still looking for updates on this case, but I feel that this will give you more information. Perhaps it will shed a bit more light on this small town in Ohio. Since I am new it will not let me link this as a URL.

circlevilleletters.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/the-full-story.pdf

Lets see what Paul Freshour has to say.
WOW!

Thank you for posting that.

Everyone who's seen this case should visit that site and read it, it's VERY telling and interesting.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #127
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
WOW!

Thank you for posting that.

Everyone who's seen this case should visit that site and read it, it's VERY telling and interesting.
have to agree. i still think that somehow though the superintendent's wife or a family member did the letter writing to Mary and Mary's husband (at the time)
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #128
scc1222
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelittleman
You do know at least some details about this case which are not commonly known. One being the name of Paul's ex-wife Karen, the other being that her brother did own a yellow El Camino like the one seen by the bus driver. That is consistent with the story. What is also consistent is the disdain that you show Paul Freshour, the same disdain shared by your grandmother. Being that you never met your grandfather and only have what your parents and grandmother told you to go on, you have no way of actually knowing what he did or didn't do. I have a few problems with the theory of Paul being the one who set the trap.
That also explains Paul getting UM involved,to help solve Ron's death.And Mary's lack of appreance on the segment...the guilty didn't show.Paul coming fwd on his own is due to him being totally innocent,theu he had no qualms about it.JMO.

For one, the man spotted by the El Camino was different in appearance to Paul having completely different hair color. Also, why would Karen's brother agree to loan Paul his car AFTER Paul was already divorced from Karen and estranged completely from her side of the family? What motive in the world did Paul have to either write the letters or attempt to murder Mary Gillespie? And another thing, like it or not, if Paul really did write the letters then he was too smart and careful to lay such a careless trap, one that not only failed but incriminated him directly.

I believe that Karen framed or hired someone to frame Paul for the attempted murder. Here are my reasons:

Motive: Divorce court was very generous to Paul Freshour. He got custody of the children, the house and money and funds. Being in jail and a convicted attempted murderer would certainly change the court's mind.

Means: Access and knowledge of location of Paul's handgun. Access to brother's car. The yellow and black El Camino was one of only two cars of that description registered in Ohio at the time.

Opportunity: Karen herself was not seen with the El Camino, however it was a man that neither resembled herself or Paul. This very well could have been the brother or her lover which no one would have recognized.

Vengeance: Karen did not stop or begin at the attempt to ruin Paul this one time. She moved in with Mary after the divorce and told Mary that Paul was the one writing the letters. She also "borrowed" Paul's typewriter to try and link it to the case after he was in jail. And she cooperated with Sheriff Radcliffe against Paul.

The Trap: The trap was poorly constructed and ineffective. The serial numbers were poorly scratched off. And I just find it hard to believe that this was a serious attempt on Mary's life. This seems like a blatant set up if anything. Why would Paul, an accomplished, educated man mastermind this chain of letters, then stupidly rig a trap that pointed directly to him?
yep,that's the reason(s) I believe Mary and Paul's ex set him up.It was both in their favor to do so..by that I mean I think Paul knows, and perhaps has info, that Mary had a hand in Ron's death,starting with the phone call as a rouse to get him out of the house.If she and the ex could make Paul not only look bad,but put him away for a long time,then it would bid well for both of them,and that's exactly what they accomplished.I think they both together came up with the whole scheme to get him...with the Sheriff being in on it as well.(thus that explains the note to UM).
Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #129
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc1222
yep,that's the reason(s) I believe Mary and Paul's ex set him up.It was both in their favor to do so..by that I mean I think Paul knows, and perhaps has info, that Mary had a hand in Ron's death,starting with the phone call as a rouse to get him out of the house.If she and the ex could make Paul not only look bad,but put him away for a long time,then it would bid well for both of them,and that's exactly what they accomplished.I think they both together came up with the whole scheme to get him...with the Sheriff being in on it as well.(thus that explains the note to UM).
I don't necessarily think that Sheriff Radcliffe was in on the whole letter writing campaign, but I do think it was in his best interest to keep it as quiet as possible for political reasons.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #130
scc1222
Forum Regular

Quote:
I don't necessarily think that Sheriff Radcliffe was in on the whole letter writing campaign, but I do think it was in his best interest to keep it as quiet as possible for political reasons.
me neither,I mean the whole cover-up of ron's murder.it's obvious there was more than one letter writer.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #131
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Quote:
Agreed. He has no motive whatsoever to get involved in that nonsense. He was just a small town Sheriff trying to settle the kids down. His methods were not professional, but I don't think he was directly involved in any way nor cared about anything other than putting a stop to the nonsense. Again, his methods were flawed and he acted stupidly at times, but that doesn't mean he was in on it. I fail to see a reason why he would even care.

I think Paul does himself a disservice by focusing on the Sheriff and the prosecutor so much in the .PDF file. Most of the stuff he mentions is completely tangential to the case (such as claiming the prosecutor killed a woman years ago, and that the medical examiner was a child molestor). He would have been better off just simply focusing on the facts that he can prove.

After reading Paul's document, my opinion of the case hasn't changed much. I still think there was more than one person involved. I think Paul was involved in some manner but certainly did not act alone nor was he the main actor. It is obvious after reading his comments that he hates Mary now as much as he did. He doesn't care much for his ex-wife either. I think Paul's ex-wife was probably the main letter writer and Paul might have been involved in it at the start. After they got divorced that's when his ex-wife started trying to pin everything on him. Remember, Paul's wife was the sister of Ron, so she has more of a motive than anyone.

The main thing Paul's letter did was reveal who the el camino guy was. As I suspected all along, he was a close family member (Paul's brother-in-law). Since the guy was the brother of Paul's wife, it makes sense that he would plant the booby trap and have access to Paul's gun.

He also revealed that there was a guy who worked at the school that might have had a reason to be involved. That's a new angle.

I still think most of the letters were written by a woman. And I still think that there was more than one writer. There's no way one person can mail THOUSANDS of letters all over America. Either there were some copycat writers involved, or there was more than one person in Paul's circle doing the writing.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #132
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc1222
me neither,I mean the whole cover-up of ron's murder.it's obvious there was more than one letter writer.
oh i agree!! i think there were more than one writers. dont know who wrote most of them, but i think even Mary wrote some. i think the one to Paul in prison was from Mary or the ex. Paul accused his ex of the letter to UM. i also think the writer of the letters to Mary and her husband were from likely a teacher, superintendent's wife or someone who knew the affair was going on.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #133
scc1222
Forum Regular

if the sheriff wasn't involved,(at least in a cover-up),then why did he agree with Paul,at first,that Ron's death was not an accident,then later change his mind?
Also,why would someone be so worried about UM visiting Circleville,that they would send a threatening note to try and keep them away,(((specifically mentioning not to hurt the sheriff))),if the sheriff were totally innocent of anything? it sounds like the writer knew the sheriff was in on something and didn't want it exposed.JMO.
BTW,with the note being written before UM actually came to town,it should be easy to narrow down the list of candidates who wrote it.UM must have contacted certain individuals to see if they would want to be interviewed (and we can take a pretty good guess that the sheriff, Mary and Paul's ex-wife were at least three of them),although there may have been others as well.
and oh yeah...very telling that none of these individuals were actually on the segment!

Last edited by scc1222; 04-18-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #134
scc1222
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcarolina
oh i agree!! i think there were more than one writers. dont know who wrote most of them, but i think even Mary wrote some.
I agree.

Quote:
i think the one to Paul in prison was from Mary or the ex.
and I think the ones to Paul's ex were from the ex herself;I think she had a huge chip on her shoulder and a lot of anger at him,and sending him to prison wasn't enough;she wanted to make sure he stayed there for a very long time and didn't get out for good behavior.
I noticed in the clip that the ex was sent a note from the prison saying there was no way Paul could have written the letters to her,so she must have accused him of it.

Quote:
i also think the writer of the letters to Mary and her husband were from likely a teacher, superintendent's wife or someone who knew the affair was going on.
I vote for the wife;I went and watched the clip again and she was specifically mentioned by name,as well as mentioning 'everything she'd worked for',or something to that effect.who else would even care??? that just totally REEKS of a woman scorned,and in all actuality,one can't blame her for wanting to expose and end the affair.
and the part about Mary being a homewrecking pig..only the wife would say something like that,IMO.
I wonder how Mary twisted that around though,and whom the notes were to that Paul and his ex,and all of them that got together wrote to.Paul mentioned a male,but I wonder if that's accurate.I would have assumed that logically,the wife might come to mind first.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #135
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
He also revealed that there was a guy who worked at the school that might have had a reason to be involved. That's a new angle.
I thought that was interesting as well. It actually would make sense in a way, because the letters specifically called for the end of the affair between Mary Gillespie and the superintendent. Who else, besides someone who worked at the school, would care about an affair (or even know about it) between the two?