Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #76
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Something else that is strange, the letter writer was mailed a letter by the Gillispies and Paul and his wife saying "i know who you are." My question is did they actually mail that (which would require an address or did they put in their mailbox hoping the writer would come??
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #77
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcarolina
Something else that is strange, the letter writer was mailed a letter by the Gillispies and Paul and his wife saying "i know who you are." My question is did they actually mail that (which would require an address or did they put in their mailbox hoping the writer would come??
The segment made it clear they mailed the "i know who you are letter" to the person they suspected, and the letters stopped. The next thing discussed was the phone call that lead to Ron's death.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #78
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by egswanso
The segment made it clear they mailed the "i know who you are letter" to the person they suspected, and the letters stopped. The next thing discussed was the phone call that lead to Ron's death.
i wonder if the person they suspected did this???
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:42 AM   #79
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcarolina
i wonder if the person they suspected did this???
No one knows. I personally don't put much credence into the whole "the letters stopped after we mailed the letter to him" scenario. It might have been a coincidence that the letters stopped during that time or it might have been that the letter writer was actually one of the people who sent the warning letter (I find this more likely -- the letter writer was one of the four family members who fingered some other guy to take suspicion off themselves).

Someone a few posts back brought up a good point. In the letters they said "I will transmit it by CB radio" A key to the writer's identity might be discovering someone who had access to a CB radio. Perhaps one of them had a CB in their car (not uncommon in those days). Perhaps a truck driver. Or, dare I say it, one of the people in the Sheriff's department!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #80
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat
Someone a few posts back brought up a good point. In the letters they said "I will transmit it by CB radio" A key to the writer's identity might be discovering someone who had access to a CB radio. Perhaps one of them had a CB in their car (not uncommon in those days). Perhaps a truck driver. Or, dare I say it, one of the people in the Sheriff's department!
Or maybe a fellow school bus driver? A-ha!
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #81
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Because of the letter's contents. The word "pig" is used a lot and that is a phrase more likely to be used by a woman, imo. I have heard women use the phrase a lot and very rarely a man.

Secondly, I don't think most men really care about women having affairs with other men. It's like the guy above said, men just don't care that much unless it's their own wife. And let's face it, men just aren't as much of "busy bodies" as women are. This is why I get a distinct vibe that these letters are a result of a "woman scorned."
I'm not seeing it.

Pig is a term used in many different contexts as an insult. It doesn't necessarily have to imply what's meant by the expression chauvinist pig. It's sometimes used to describe (perceivably corrupt) political or governmental cohorts as well. Sheriff Radcliff--who has something of a cult of personality in that area--figures prominently in many of those letters. I don't think the latter usage of the term should be overlooked. And really, it's anyone's guess what specifically is meant by the term pig without reading the entirety of the letter--the intent could've even been multiple expressions in a single term.

I'll only say this about your assertion that women are "busy bodies": it's a stereotypical, scientifically unverifiable claim that doesn't do much to bolster your argument. It's subjective. Personally, I feel the universally capitalized, block-style letters and the usage of colons in place of periods, exclamation points, and other punctuation marks is quite masculine. But all that boils down to is an individual opinion based on anecdotal ideas unfounded in academic theory or study, and is therefore essentially useless in the grand scheme of things.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #82
NFresh
Occasional Poster

Hmmm.... it's interesting to see everyones posts about this. Paul Freshour is my uncle and my earliest memories of him were picking up White Castles on the weekend and visiting him in prison. As a small child I had no idea why such a nice man could end up there, and still can't believe how out of all people, someone would want to frame him. I've had several discussions with my dad (Pauls brother) and other family members, and completely believe someone was trying to set him up. (Paul a very gentle man that would offer you the shirt off your back)

For those of you who would like to see the case re-opened, it has been. Infact, to my knowledge, it will be featured on a cold case program some time in the near future. The investigators for the show have been looking into pieces of the investigation that would completely clear my uncles name (including the man in the el camino). I know they've continued to do interviews and look at evidence. I'm not sure when everything will be wrapped up, but I'm waiting for the day when his name will be completely cleared.
NFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #83
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFresh
Hmmm.... it's interesting to see everyones posts about this. Paul Freshour is my uncle and my earliest memories of him were picking up White Castles on the weekend and visiting him in prison. As a small child I had no idea why such a nice man could end up there, and still can't believe how out of all people, someone would want to frame him. I've had several discussions with my dad (Pauls brother) and other family members, and completely believe someone was trying to set him up. (Paul a very gentle man that would offer you the shirt off your back)
First of all, thanks for posting. I have been hoping someone in the know about this case would post.

At any rate, who does Paul believe is responsible? If you don't want to give names, that's understandable. Give us a hint, though.

Also, how does Paul rectify the fact that his gun was used in the booby trap? This tells me that either Paul had something to do with it or someone very close to him did. There's no other explanation really. Someone had to know where he kept that gun which means they had to have intimate knowledge of his house, etc. I am thinking a close blood relative of Ron might be involved (without naming names, I think you know who that could be).

Quote:
For those of you who would like to see the case re-opened, it has been. Infact, to my knowledge, it will be featured on a cold case program some time in the near future. The investigators for the show have been looking into pieces of the investigation that would completely clear my uncles name (including the man in the el camino). I know they've continued to do interviews and look at evidence. I'm not sure when everything will be wrapped up, but I'm waiting for the day when his name will be completely cleared.
This is good news. Would you provide us with the name of the show and when it will air? I certainly do not want to miss this. Also, will they be covering the letters? As Paul said in the UM segment, the key to this is the letters. I have always been curious about their contents, style of writing, etc.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #84
MariposaLKB
She flies alone

Send a message via Yahoo to MariposaLKB

Hi NFresh! I have lived in the Circleville area for over 20 years now and love Pickaway County, the Logan Elm story, the Pumpkin Show, etc, very much! Wonder if we have ever passed each other in Walmart or someplace LOL....

Haven't seen this case for years, though I have tried to wade through the threads about it on here and ask my little questions now and then. Would love to see more coverage and am glad it is reopening. Will have to pay closer attention to the Dispatch and the Herald for info!

Lorelei
But no one ever listens...

-Butterfly (Mariposa)
MariposaLKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #85
NFresh
Occasional Poster

Quote:
At any rate, who does Paul believe is responsible? If you don't want to give names, that's understandable. Give us a hint, though.

Also, how does Paul rectify the fact that his gun was used in the booby trap? This tells me that either Paul had something to do with it or someone very close to him did. There's no other explanation really. Someone had to know where he kept that gun which means they had to have intimate knowledge of his house, etc. I am thinking a close blood relative of Ron might be involved (without naming names, I think you know who that could be).
I have a feeling I know who you're talking about. To be honest, I have never asked him who I thought it was. I am only 24, so everything happened long before I was born, and I have never even met his ex-wife (Rons sister). I just recently relocated back to Ohio after living in Texas on and off for 12 years (my dad has been here, so I have made regular visits, but haven't really been "in the know"). Now that I am here, I plan on finding out as much as I can about the real happenings.

As far as the gun goes, Paul is a VERY trusting person who likes to surround himself with friends and family (often insisting that we have our big family gatherings over at his small house), so it is no surprise that someone else had access to the gun. He is also a very protective person, and it wouldn't surprise me if he took the blame for a loved one.

Quote:
This is good news. Would you provide us with the name of the show and when it will air? I certainly do not want to miss this. Also, will they be covering the letters? As Paul said in the UM segment, the key to this is the letters. I have always been curious about their contents, style of writing, etc.
I will let you know as soon as I find out. I was not here during the interviews that were conducted, but will ask my aunt for more information (my dad wasn't very helpful as far as details go). Sorry, I wish I had more info, but will share what I find out. And yes, they will be looking into the letters some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariposaLKB
Hi NFresh! I have lived in the Circleville area for over 20 years now and love Pickaway County, the Logan Elm story, the Pumpkin Show, etc, very much! Wonder if we have ever passed each other in Walmart or someplace LOL....

Haven't seen this case for years, though I have tried to wade through the threads about it on here and ask my little questions now and then. Would love to see more coverage and am glad it is reopening. Will have to pay closer attention to the Dispatch and the Herald for info!

Lorelei
Hi Lorelei! I am in Columbus, but am a big fan of the Pumpkin Show, and have gone while visiting and as a child.... so I'm sure we've probably been there at the same time at some point! I plan on asking a lot of questions, so I will share with you whatever I can.
NFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #86
Doc_83
First Time Poster

Please visit http://paulfreshour.blog.com/2011/04...april-08-2011/ for update information
Doc_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #87
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Wow! Loving this development!

...and wishing I could say something more substantive.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #88
RobinW

Yes, Circleville Letters is definitely one of the most baffling cases on UM, but it's also one of the hardest to find information on. This new Paul Freshour blog is VERY exciting and hopefully we learn a lot of stuff we never knew before!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #89
justins5256

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know where or how to view the documents he mentioned in the blog?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #90
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

The fact that Freshour still maintains his innocence (even after all of these years since being released from prison) tells me he's probably telling the truth. I wonder what the real Circleville writer (the one who initially targeted the Gillespie's) is up to today, and if he/she is still alive.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote