Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #16
rubber4532
Frequent Poster

whoah u mean the cops let the crazy from detroit go after kurt's body was found? wow they really dropped the ball on that one.
rubber4532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #17
Mastermind

Quote:
whoah u mean the cops let the crazy from detroit go after kurt's body was found? wow they really dropped the ball on that one.
Did they really have any evidence to hold him?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
kane7474
Forum Regular

There is no real mystery here at all other then how the world the police get away with conducting such a terrible investigation. Someone in the dept should be held accountable for the crime they committed against the Sova family.

We have witnesses that where with Sova before he died, we have a woman whom admits Kurt was in her home, we have another witness claiming to have seen Kurt after he was reported missing.

There is just so much here that the police dropped the ball on. Kurt had a reaction to something, either a drug he took or alcohol poinsing or a combination of the two. He may have went into a coma and they tried to let him sleep it off and he ended up dying.
They panicked and placed his body in the ravine because they didnt want to get caught up in any investigation as most drug users dont. I think the story was made up by his friend who claims he went to get a coat and Kurt disappeared. I think think this guy and the woman named Susan know exactly what happened to Kurt and any decent detective could have gotten this information from them.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #19
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Did they really have any evidence to hold him?
Sure they did, he openly said he had information about a missing person. So the police question him and dont even know his name???? They didnt get any contact info on him just in case Sove did turn up dead??? Are we to assume the police question a guy in relation to the dissaperance of someone and the guy refuses to give his name and address and the police just say ok and let him go? You have to be kidding me.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
n8riley
Frequent Poster

I am not proud of it but I have in the past had experience with most drugs and i'll tell you I never had "everclear" it is hardcore if your drinking that you've had experience with drug and alchol the fact he was drinking this says two thing 1) he more then likely did not die from a hart condition the chance it happened this time I think is low 2) a theory people love on this board someone drank a spiked drink people don't do that they charge you $$$ drug dealers tend not to be the generous type. Drug testing does not test for say heroin it test for morphine instead heroin paces though the blood/brian barrier a twice the rate of morphine and so when they said they tested for LSD and cocaine I would say they dropped the ball, with LSD almost no one dies from it they die from something they do on it and testing for cocaine thats good but why not test everything they could do like 6 tests for certain chemicals that would clear 90% of drugs as most are just different combinations like amphetamine and an oxygen and hydrogen dut when taken most break down into the same couple chemical according to the type of drug. I think it was murder he was with less then honorable people. Because most people of Susan ilk cant keep there mouth shut I think it could not have happened in the duplex @ the party but I do believe the story of him going out side and that where I think the truth ends it nice how when the last time he is seen the witness writes himself out of the story. Franco is interesting and so is the crazy to write one off is easy but both I don't think so. I think the crazy is the key and he knew kurt was dead of course the police write him off as a crazy else they would have to say a guy that just about confessed tot hey let go!!! or the head detective killed kurt and knew he was crazy because he did it from what the articals say it sound like he is a psycho.

-Anonymous-Coworker of Annette Burnside

If Your ever on The Citizen Band or CB I go by Hot Jock!
n8riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #21
Steve W.
Forum Regular

What pathologist that does an autopsy (Lester Adelson in this case) thinks that he's tested the body for enough drugs just by looking for three kinds???

There's literally hundreds of thousands of drugs, why would he only test for three of them?!
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #22
baloony
Forum Regular

bump. Excellent article on page 1 of this thread.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #23
annoulzz
Annoula
Frequent Poster

I watched the case today on Lifetime, and i definitely think that crazy man was onto something when he said that Sova was dead. He may have been there when he was murdered or else how would he have known?
annoulzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #24
Tao
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoulzz
I watched the case today on Lifetime, and i definitely think that crazy man was onto something when he said that Sova was dead. He may have been there when he was murdered or else how would he have known?

Well, there are conflicting stories about when he sent the flowers and note. The Unsolved Mysteries segment makes it sound like he did before Kurt was found, but an article (think it was on pge 8 of this or another thread about Kurt on here) gives the day as Thursday which was after Kurt was found.

Granted the 'crazy's' first statement was before the fact 'you might as well take it [the poster] down. They're gonna find him dead in two days. No one's gonna know how he died' and is pretty suggestive. However, do we even know that was word-for-word what he said? Eyewitness accounts on this show have been proven inaccurate over and over. What he actually said may not have been as definite. He may have just made a good guess 'they're going to find him dead soon' or something. Which is a pretty good guess as many missing people are found dead.

Apparently he didn't sound convincing to the cops that questioned him. And if he really knew something, would he risk volunteering it like that?

I don't discount the idea entirely he may have heard/saw something about what happened to Kurt, but I always tended to think he was just a red herring.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I'm bothered by the fact that someone Kurt knew turned up dead in exactly the same matter as Kurt did, this being Eugene Kvet. I don't understand why Eugene was allegedly killed, unless the same person murdered both or someone completely different murdered Eugene, but I doubt that. Did they ever give the autopsy report on Eugene Kvet?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I'm bothered by the fact that someone Kurt knew turned up dead in exactly the same matter as Kurt did, this being Eugene Kvet. I don't understand why Eugene was allegedly killed, unless the same person murdered both or someone completely different murdered Eugene, but I doubt that. Did they ever give the autopsy report on Eugene Kvet?
No. Eugene Kvet is something of a mystery within a mystery. While his death has always bothered me too, I always had the impression that if the deaths were very similar--i.e., no definitive cause could be ascertained--that would've been revealed in the segment. It would've been just too much to NOT say.

The last time I did any real digging on this case was quite a few years ago. I wonder if anyone would have better luck finding any old articles on Eugene Kvet now.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #27
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
No. Eugene Kvet is something of a mystery within a mystery. While his death has always bothered me too, I always had the impression that if the deaths were very similar--i.e., no definitive cause could be ascertained--that would've been revealed in the segment. It would've been just too much to NOT say.

The last time I did any real digging on this case was quite a few years ago. I wonder if anyone would have better luck finding any old articles on Eugene Kvet now.
I think Eugene Kvet is an unnecessary addition to this case. I don't know if the cases are related and the missing shoe angle in both cases is intriguing but to me given our research in this case from digging up old articles as well as what we can infer given the evidence put forth in the segment it's pretty clear what happened.

Kurt Sova likely had some type of negative reaction to some type of substance he was given at the party at Susan's house and the people who were with him at the party instead of getting him treatment tried to nurse him back to health gradually over a period of several days.

At some point Kurt obviously expired, more than likely in the basement of the duplex where he may have been kept for the duration of his unsuccessful convalescence. I believe at this point the parties involved in monitoring Kurt's situation made the decision to phone his parents to collect the body of their now deceased son but as Mrs. Sova states they panicked and instead dumped his body in the ravine which was allegedly witnessed by a neighbor if I'm remember correctly.

Which only leaves us with the purported sighting of Kurt Sova with the mysterious "Franco" in the days following his "disappearance". On the contrary I don't think Kurt was ever missing. I think he was in that duplex from the time he attended the party until he was carried out into the ravine. I think it's quite possible that the sighting of Kurt with "Franco" could have been a mistake although the fact that we do have voice identification does lead some credence to this sighting.

However, my feeling still remains that Kurt was incapacitated at the party and any stories of him leaving the duplex whether be leaning up against a fence or being out and about in the community are by and large either fabrications or just incorrect in general.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
Steve W.
Forum Regular

I agree with DarkDante. Kurt had skipped school and been drinking that day (according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer article from 1991) and maybe he saved the Everclear he had gotten for the party that night. Regardless, he either drank too much and had a reaction to alcohol or possibly some other drug at the duplex, fell unconscious at some point at the duplex, and eventually died at the duplex, IMO. The people that lived there should have been charged with gross negligence and also the two guys (not sure if they lived there or were just associates of the people that lived there) that moved his body should have been charged as well.

Eugene Kvet was found in a different part of the ravine (at the bottom of a steep hill). It is believed he either fell or was pushed over the steep hill by some troublemakers.

I don't think their deaths are related. These occurrences were in a section of Cleveland. There's a lot of people around so a lot of different things can happen to a lot of different people.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
I agree with DarkDante. Kurt had skipped school and been drinking that day (according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer article from 1991) and maybe he saved the Everclear he had gotten for the party that night. Regardless, he either drank too much and had a reaction to alcohol or possibly some other drug at the duplex, fell unconscious at some point at the duplex, and eventually died at the duplex, IMO. The people that lived there should have been charged with gross negligence and also the two guys (not sure if they lived there or were just associates of the people that lived there) that moved his body should have been charged as well.

Eugene Kvet was found in a different part of the ravine (at the bottom of a steep hill). It is believed he either fell or was pushed over the steep hill by some troublemakers.

I don't think their deaths are related. These occurrences were in a section of Cleveland. There's a lot of people around so a lot of different things can happen to a lot of different people.
Well something in this case needs to link back to the party that Kurt attended at the duplex and more importantly the people at that party. The fact that Kurt merely had a negative reaction to some substance he had taken at the party alone is not justification as to why the other people at the party did not try to get him to a hospital.

Unless of course he was given some type of illegal substance at the party by someone and then had the negative reaction to it which eventually resulted in his death some days later.

The point being there has to have been a reason why at no point was any attempt made to get Sova medical attention. I fully believe that Kurt Sova was alive for several days after he attended the party as the autopsy states. I believe he was in the basement for the duration of that time due to a failed attempt by individuals at the party to bring him back to health. The obvious question being is that if Kurt Sova was that ill, why at no point was proper medical attention sought? The only thing I can think of is during the time Kurt was missing, he was actually in the basement of the duplex and for all intents and purposes was already dead (read: non-responsive/brain dead) but hadn't actually expired.

I think another slant to this is that the people at the party realized almost from the beginning that Kurt wouldn't have been able to have been brought around so to speak by medical attention and instead of implicating themselves if they indeed were responsible for introducing the offending substance to Kurt in the first place, merely allowed him to die in the basement.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #30
Steve W.
Forum Regular

"The point being there has to have been a reason why at no point was any attempt made to get Sova medical attention. I fully believe that Kurt Sova was alive for several days after he attended the party as the autopsy states. I believe he was in the basement for the duration of that time due to a failed attempt by individuals at the party to bring him back to health. The obvious question being is that if Kurt Sova was that ill, why at no point was proper medical attention sought? The only thing I can think of is during the time Kurt was missing, he was actually in the basement of the duplex and for all intents and purposes was already dead (read: non-responsive/brain dead) but hadn't actually expired.

I think another slant to this is that the people at the party realized almost from the beginning that Kurt wouldn't have been able to have been brought around so to speak by medical attention and instead of implicating themselves if they indeed were responsible for introducing the offending substance to Kurt in the first place, merely allowed him to die in the basement."

I think that's the most likely scenario: they probably thought he was dead before he was technically dead. He must have saved that Everclear for the party after probably being at least tipsy or a little bit drunk from whatever stuff he drank earlier in the day. He probably drank large quantities of the Everclear way too quickly and that might have just made him pass out very soon after instead of him even vomiting beforehand.

The other reason they might not have tried to get him medical attention is that he might have drank some of their own stuff they had at that party (or smoked something or whatever the case that would have been from someone there) and they didn't want to be linked back to that. The guy that bought Kurt the Everclear earlier in the day possibly could have been someone he knew at that party instead of just a random stranger that bought it for him as well.