Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #46
bugnpinky
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I agree wholeheartedly. I think back to when I decided to specialize in criminal law and it was undoubtedly shaped by cases just like these (and specifically the Montana double homicide covered in the Dannion Brinkley psychic segment.) I entered into this field because I wanted to 1) help society and 2) ultimately understand why people do the things they do.

It's rare, but I would say that in about 5-10% of my cases, we see horrible things happen because someone wants to hurt someone else. Plain and simple. No other reason. Some people really are just evil.
Well said. Very well said
bugnpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #47
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Interesting that Cheryl Holland is eligible for parole in March.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #48
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
Interesting that Cheryl Holland is eligible for parole in March.
Her parole hearing is scheduled for Nov. 2021. Source: TN Dept. Of Corrections
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:23 AM   #49
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Her parole hearing is scheduled for Nov. 2021. Source: TN Dept. Of Corrections
Ah ok, UM Wiki needs to update their website.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #50
Jon
Forum Regular

When they found her, she was working at the Chevron in my neighborhood. I watched the broadcast when it aired, but I didn't recognize her.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #51
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I watched this one again last night, and I can't stop thinking about the possible motive in this case. The segment mentions that Cheryl had borrowed money from other family members (prior to the murder of the Harvey's) for various treatments of stomach cancer, but that was total b.s. Eddie Wooten claimed the same thing. So if they were constantly borrowing money from relatives prior to murdering the Harvey's, what caused them to become so desperate to murder them for the money? On the day of the murder, they picked up one of Cheryl's checks from her mother's house. My biggest issue with trying to rectify the motive is that it seems like they had money, and had money accessible from other relatives weeks prior to the murder, so why make the leap to murder? The segment makes no mention of any substantial debts, and it says that Cheryl was employed at the time. I know greed seems to be the prevailing theory, but I don't think the drug angle should be written off completely. It could explain the mysterious bearded man seen with Cheryl prior to and after the murders. They could have owed him a sizable debt. Which would also account for the eyewitness who saw Cheryl arguing with this man after the murders. And it would also explain why Wooten stayed behind after the murders.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #52
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I watched this one again last night, and I can't stop thinking about the possible motive in this case. The segment mentions that Cheryl had borrowed money from other family members (prior to the murder of the Harvey's) for various treatments of stomach cancer, but that was total b.s. Eddie Wooten claimed the same thing. So if they were constantly borrowing money from relatives prior to murdering the Harvey's, what caused them to become so desperate to murder them for the money? On the day of the murder, they picked up one of Cheryl's checks from her mother's house. My biggest issue with trying to rectify the motive is that it seems like they had money, and had money accessible from other relatives weeks prior to the murder, so why make the leap to murder? The segment makes no mention of any substantial debts, and it says that Cheryl was employed at the time. I know greed seems to be the prevailing theory, but I don't think the drug angle should be written off completely. It could explain the mysterious bearded man seen with Cheryl prior to and after the murders. They could have owed him a sizable debt. Which would also account for the eyewitness who saw Cheryl arguing with this man after the murders. And it would also explain why Wooten stayed behind after the murders.
Admittedly, I have not seen this one in quite some time, but I remember wondering if there was a drug problem or drug debt involved.

Did they ever ID the bearded man? I thought this was a detail that was only ever mentioned in the NBC broadcast and was subsequently omitted from later airings.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #53
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Admittedly, I have not seen this one in quite some time, but I remember wondering if there was a drug problem or drug debt involved.

Did they ever ID the bearded man? I thought this was a detail that was only ever mentioned in the NBC broadcast and was subsequently omitted from later airings.
Bearded guy was never ID'ed, but it's not edited out of the Prime version. Although they didn't show his composite sketch.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #54
RobinW

I always found it pretty telling that Cheryl had been working at a convenience store for six months prior to her capture, which seems to indicate she blew through that stolen $150,000 pretty quickly. Would not surprise me at all if she had to pay off a sizable debt.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #55
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
When they found her, she was working at the Chevron in my neighborhood. I watched the broadcast when it aired, but I didn't recognize her.
Jon, do you know which gas station it was? I was thinking it was the one off of 2244?
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #56
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I also found it interesting that they played up the angle that Cheryl was an unwilling pawn in the murders, and was possibly murdered by Eddie Wooten.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #57
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I also found it interesting that they played up the angle that Cheryl was an unwilling pawn in the murders, and was possibly murdered by Eddie Wooten.
I think there was a belief that a young mother could not possibly be that cruel: unfortunately we now know much better. The only logical explanation is that she was a hardcore drug addict and needed to pay off the debt and was 'cut off'. Otherwise, why not just ask politely? There is obviously something we don't know.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #58
dynoguy88

Quote:
Wasn't that just family members clinging to the hope that she couldn't have done such a thing? It's kind of annoying but natural and understandable they would feel that way.

I wonder how Cheryl's two kids are doing today. Her daughter would now be 31 and her son 26. They were left in the truck (the son just 6 weeks old) while mommy and daddy were inside the house doing that whole killing thing.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #59
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Wasn't that just family members clinging to the hope that she couldn't have done such a thing? It's kind of annoying but natural and understandable they would feel that way.
The whole bit with the bearded guy made it seem like she was being controlled or was fearful of this person, like he could've been the mastermind behind it all. Just thought it was interesting that even someone as obviously guilty as her got the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:25 PM   #60
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369
Jon, do you know which gas station it was? I was thinking it was the one off of 2244?
Yes. Also called Bee Caves Rd. It's the Chevron in Rollingwood.

Chevron
2710 Bee Caves Rd, Austin, TX 78746
(512) 328-3240

https://goo.gl/maps/cXAWS6hBoxt

It has bugged me a long time that I didn't recognize her! I was only a kid at the time though