Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #91
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I know The Cars pointed them out as "innocent folks," but can I just comment on how annoyed I was at Crystal Spencer's neighbors? Not to hijack this thread into a different conversation, but dang! Pick up the phone and call 911! You didn't have to leave your name!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #92
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Your entire premise is that something happened on the boat, Nathan panicked, and saved himself at the alleged expense of others. Why would he feel the need to lie about any of that, if it were truly a case where fight or flight kicked in?

Because then people would see him as a coward, and blame him for their deaths. Even if it wasn't his fault, people would still need something/one to blame.

Think about it like this. If your neighbor was in a burning house with their child, but they ran out without checking on, or attempting to save their child, and when asked why not they said "I saw flames, and ran. Didn't even think about saving little Timmy" and the child burned to death, what would people say about your neighbor? How would they be looked at by the community? Cowards.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:38 PM   #93
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
This is why I don't discount Nathan's story. He went through a traumatic event. He doesn't remember every little detail. It happens. It's expected. It's what the brain does in order to survive. It doesn't mean a crime occurred.
And the parts where he seems to be stumbling over his story are more likely things he's trying to fill in based on fuzzy memory rather than outright untruths. He was in the unenviable position of being the only person to come back from a tragic scenario which means there was enormous pressure on him to tell the tale of what happened. He had to try to give all of the info he had.

If he was lying, IMO, his story would have sounded more rehearsed by the time he was on UM. We have to remember, that when people are interviewed for UM, it's not the first time they're telling that story.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:39 PM   #94
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
I know The Cars pointed them out as "innocent folks," but can I just comment on how annoyed I was at Crystal Spencer's neighbors? Not to hijack this thread into a different conversation, but dang! Pick up the phone and call 911! You didn't have to leave your name!
Right!
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #95
freakbook

Quote:
Everyone is entitled his or her respective opinion.

I don't believe I got emotional when I stated to you that I believed Nathan suffered from PTSD. I still think that. I also think DallasTexan made a fair point about survivor's guilt. That's another form of PTSD and also a recognized condition.

I've never understood folks who insist that people who have suffered trauma remember every exact detail. In sex abuse/rape/assault cases, we actually spend time trying to educate the jurors about how our memories work when we've experienced trauma. Luckily, most jurors have common sense and realize that when someone is being beaten by an assailant, they're not going to take the time to count how many times they were hit. They're not going to take out a watch and time exactly how long the assault occurred. They don't do that because they're trying to survive and that is their sole focus. I'm sure you have heard about rape victims who have made statements to the effect of, "as it was happening, I slipped out of my body. I don't remember a lot." The rape victim isn't lying-- she's experienced disassociation, which is a well-recognized defense mechanism to trauma.

This is why I don't discount Nathan's story. He went through a traumatic event. He doesn't remember every little detail. It happens. It's expected. It's what the brain does in order to survive. It doesn't mean a crime occurred.
I wasn't talking about you. Just TheCars1986, and DallasTexan

Now, I'm sure he doesn't remember every single detail, and is trying to connect the dots to give a cohesive story, but it still doesn't make sense. I get he was disillusioned, and stranded in a terrible situation, but his story still doesn't stick.

The distance he swam, the drug ship, none of it sticks. I'm not saying he was a nasty murderer, but he definitely lied about the events that occurred.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #96
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Think about it like this. If your neighbor was in a burning house with their child, but they ran out without checking on, or attempting to save their child, and when asked why not they said "I saw flames, and ran. Didn't even think about saving little Timmy" and the child burned to death, what would people say about your neighbor? How would they be looked at by the community? Cowards.
What exactly did you want Nathan Nesmith to do?

The Casie Nicole sank. The 4 man crew then got into a 2 person life raft, which also had a hole the size of a quarter in it and after a period of time, it too started sinking. They tied the recently resurfaced hatch cover to the raft, began to float/paddle. This is when the stern from the boat is seen in the distance. I'm having a hard time seeing how Nathan, who broke away from the others, swimming back towards a sinking boat without any knowledge or guarantee that he would be rescued, would somehow be perceived as a coward under any circumstances. The best chance they had at being rescued was going back to the upturned boat at that point, since in all probability the life raft eventually would've sunken completely. And I cannot come up with a rational scenario where he would feel the need to lie about any of the events.

And Nathan has nothing to do with the phone calls. Unless you think his family is making them up to lie for him so people in the community wouldn't take him to be a coward, it makes no sense. Oh and the owner of the Casie Nicole would have to be lying too, since he received phone calls too.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #97
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP4CE INV4DERZ
It's on like Donkey Kong again lol. Never mind me I'm just keeping my post quota alive because I heard someone tracks it around here

Ps. Cassie Nicole still one of the best segments UM did.
That reminds me. Your post count is an embarrassment. Now either get it up or go sit in the corner!
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #98
freakbook

Quote:
What exactly did you want Nathan Nesmith to do?

The Casie Nicole sank. The 4 man crew then got into a 2 person life raft, which also had a hole the size of a quarter in it and after a period of time, it too started sinking. They tied the recently resurfaced hatch cover to the raft, began to float/paddle. This is when the stern from the boat is seen in the distance. I'm having a hard time seeing how Nathan, who broke away from the others, swimming back towards a sinking boat without any knowledge or guarantee that he would be rescued, would somehow be perceived as a coward under any circumstances. And I cannot come up with a rational scenario where he would feel the need to lie about any of the events.
Lol jesus christ. Do people here not read? Do you just comprehend what you want?

What did I want him to do? I just said the man lied. I guess it's fun to read over posts, and try to make points that aren't there like bringing up the Henry Rollins case to try to prove something.

I don't understand where you're going with this. If Nathan had said he saved himself, and didn't attempt to rescue the others, did he would've been blamed. Angry girlfriend, parents, whoever, would've blamed him. Why you can't comprehend this is beyond me.

Quote:
And Nathan has nothing to do with the phone calls. Unless you think his family is making them up to lie for him so people in the community wouldn't take him to be a coward, it makes no sense. Oh and the owner of the Casie Nicole would have to be lying too, since he received phone calls too.
Where's your proof that he didn't? Also, it's funny skipping my number one point "It was a prank call" I can't with you man.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #99
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
I don't understand where you're going with this. If Nathan had said he saved himself, and didn't attempt to rescue the others, did they would've been blamed. Angry girlfriend, parents, whoever, he would've been blamed. Why you can't comprehend this is beyond me.
This is literally what he says happened.

Quote:
I guess it's fun to read over posts, and try to make points that aren't there like bringing up the Henry Rollins case to try to prove something.
That's because Henry Rollins lied. Don't believe me? I know he did. Prove it otherwise.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #100
freakbook

Quote:
This is literally what he says happened.
Nein. He said they all made it out from the ship, but he swam back to it. If that's the case he didn't attempt to save anyone but himself. How would leaving the group to go back to a destroyed ship would be getting help?

You know what I mean, but you're playing dumb, maybe you're not playing. I'm saying they didn't get that far. He didn't attempt to save anyone. I'm saying he's the only one who made it off the sinking ship.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #101
freakbook

Quote:
That's because Henry Rollins lied. Don't believe me? I know he did. Prove it otherwise.
Prove to me that Nathan had nothing to do with the phone calls first.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #102
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
I'm saying he's the only one who made it off the sinking ship.
The ship was recovered, FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoge21
A commerical fisherman whose boat capsized said Wednesday he frequently heard voices and prayed a lot during the five days he spent floating in a wooden box without food.

Nathan Neesmith, 32, of Darien, told reporters he didn't know why the 34- foot boat Casie Nicole sank early Thursday.

''All I know is water came in, and it came in fast,'' said Neesmith, still appearing fatigued on his third day of hospitalization.

Neesmith said that as he drifted in the Atlantic, he splashed water on his face and tried to avoid drinking the salt water. He felt at times he would not survive.

''I heard people talking to me,'' Neesmith said. ''I drifted along. I heard people yelling out, 'Nathan 3/8' I'd jump up and look around. I thought it was somebody. Here I am looking around, and it was only the good Lord keeping me awake.''

Earlier Wednesday, the Coast Guard said it suspended its search for three missing crew members, including Neesmith's brother and nephew.

Neesmith was rescued Monday about 20 miles east of Hilton Head Island, S.C.

He was in fair condition Wednesday at Memorial Medical Center in Savannah, where he was being treated for hypothermia and dehydration. Dr. Carl Boyd, director of the trauma center, said he expected Neesmith to make a full recovery and to be released this weekend.

The boat was found Monday night by a Coast Guard plane about 45 miles off the coast, said Petty Officer 2nd Class Brett Farrell.

A subsequent search turned up only a life vest and a sleeping bag, about five miles from where Neesmith was rescued, said Petty Officer 2nd Class Anthony Brown of the Coast Guard rescue station on Tybee Island.

Neesmith said he and his companions were about 65 miles offshore when the boat began taking on water. He left the others with food and a raft, and set out to get help.

He said he was confident the others will be found.

''People are praying for us all over the world, and if they can be found we're gonna find them ... we're sure gonna try anyway,'' Neesmith said.

The Coast Guard said the search was suspended pending any new developments.

Missing were Neesmith's brother, Billy Joe Neesmith, 23; his nephew, Keith Wilkes, 18; and Franklin Brantley, 23, all of Darien.
The life vest found 5 miles from where Nathan was rescued is evidence that someone other than Nathan made it off of the ship with a life vest. Where were the others if he was the only one who made it off of the ship? Did they just remain on the boat as it sank?
Old 02-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #103
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I totally think Henry Rollins had nothing to do with Joe's death, but man, I could see where he'd be a viable suspect if law enforcement had dropped the ball on the matter...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #104
freakbook

Quote:
The ship was recovered, FWIW.

The life vest found 5 miles from where Nathan was rescued is evidence that someone other than Nathan made it off of the ship with a life vest. Where were the others if he was the only one who made it off of the ship? Did they just remain on the boat as it sank?
There was only one life vest, and only one man alive. He could've had the life vest and took it off. No one could've used and it could've just floated away. One life vest isn't evident that the remaining made it out alive.

As for the bodies, I don't know. It was days since he was discovered, could've been eaten. I really don't know. I have a hard time believing a drug smuggler picked them up.

Quote:
I totally think Henry Rollins had nothing to do with Joe's death, but man, I could see where he'd be a viable suspect if law enforcement had dropped the ball on the matter...
Haha, why do you think so? I grew up being a huge Black Flag fan. Can't stand him now though.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #105
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP4CE INV4DERZ
Never mind me I'm just keeping my post quota alive because I heard someone tracks it around here

Yes you need to make sure you meet that monthly quota!

As for me I'm close to 4000 posts and it only took 14 years...
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote