Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #76
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm assuming you hold Henry Rollins responsible for the murder of Joe Cole as well? Or the parishioners in the Harold & Thelma Swain segment? Or Shirley, the cleaning products lady in the Dana Satterfield segment? Or the neighbors in the Crystal Spencer segment?
I don't agree with you much, but this is the dumbest thing you've ever typed (maybe not).

Did Henry Rollins lie about what happened? No. But Nathan did, that's my point. I'm not saying he's at fault for saving himself, but he lied about it. You'd have a point if he told the truth (he saved himself, and not the others), but as usual, you're grasping at straws for your flawed logic. I'm sorry I'm not as gullible as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I'll bite the hook as well. why not.


yes he saved his own skin and the poor guy has survival guilt. that was my take. does it really matter if his account is not 100% to your liking? I don't think it does. whether he was swimming 50 meters or 50 NMs what's the difference? the guy suffered a terrible tragedy and lost his mates. Nothing suggests that he is a murderer and should rot in prison as you started with.

so unless you are just dropping 2euce in the pot to stir it I don't see where you are going with this at all. saving your own skin is a big jump from murder and accident prison time etc.
"does it really matter if his account is not 100% to your liking? I don't think it does." - Here we go with this emotional outburst when someone disagrees with you logic. By that logic then no one should post here period, because if someone's story isn't 100% to our liking, then it's not worth talking about? Is that what you're saying? Because you make 0 sense. I said he was guilty of foul play, or it being an accident, and he saved himself and lied about the rest, you're not that dense are you?

It's apparent that you didn't read, nor comprehend with that I said, you just skimmed it, seen I disagreed with your point of view, and got emotional as your posts doesn't make any sense.

You don't see where I'm going with this? You don't see that I'm saying he's lying? You didn't read where I said this was most likely an accident? If you can't take someone disagreeing with your logic, then sign off.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #77
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm assuming you hold Henry Rollins responsible for the murder of Joe Cole as well? Or the parishioners in the Harold & Thelma Swain segment? Or Shirley, the cleaning products lady in the Dana Satterfield segment? Or the neighbors in the Crystal Spencer segment?
yeah Shirley was in no shape to run away from a psychopath with her you know just her mere life on the line. she must of been in on Dana's murder
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #78
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
yeah Shirley was in no shape to run away from a psychopath with her you know just her mere life on the line. she must of been in on Dana's murder
I said nothing about any of those people, so to use his dumb quote as a means to downplay what I said is absolute foolishness.


EDIT:: Since the gloves are off here we go. This forum has a bad case of hive mind. Meaning if someone goes against popular opinion, then 10 members will all emotionally jump in, as if they were children and throw fits that a 5-year old would when you tell them Santa Claus doesn't exist.

I enjoy posting here, but some of you really need to chill out. I disagreed, too bad, get over it. And stop jumping on the bandwagon with someone else flies off the handle. We're all grown, we don't need to roam in packs to attack one person for disagreeing.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #79
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
I don't agree with you much, but this is the dumbest thing you've ever typed (maybe not).
Yes, dignifying your drivel with a response was probably the dumbest thing I've ever typed.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #80
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
I don't agree with you much, but this is the dumbest thing you've ever typed (maybe not).

Did Henry Rollins lie about what happened? No. But Nathan did, that's my point. I'm not saying he's at fault for saving himself, but he lied about it. You'd have a point if he told the truth (he saved himself, and not the others), but as usual, you're grasping as straws for your flawed logic. I'm sorry I'm not as gullible as you.



"does it really matter if his account is not 100% to your liking? I don't think it does." - Here we go with this emotional outburst when someone disagrees with you tatic. By that logic then no one should post here period, because if someone's story isn't 100% to our liking, then it's not worth talking about? Is that what you're saying? Because you make 0 sense.

It's apparent that you didn't read, nor comprehend with that I said, you just skimmed it, seen I disagreed with your point of view, and got emotional as your posts doesn't make any sense.

You don't see where I'm going with this? You don't see that I'm saying he's lying? You didn't read where I said this was most likely an accident? If you can't take someone disagreeing with your logic, then sign off.
yes I did read your post lol. I did not get emotional.

I replied to your post that I disagree with because I honestly suspect that you are/were trolling. but if I took it wrong and you were being honest(first off I apologize for that). But I am pointing out that you have a big disparity in your own opinion of the case. you went from starting out with him needing to rot in prison(I assume for murder) to he may have just saved his own skin. I did not post that.

as far as me needing to sign off from posting because I do not agree with your opinion or vice versa... in a message board that says enough there....
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #81
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Yes, dignifying your drivel with a response was probably the dumbest thing I've ever typed.
My drivel? Okay, champ. Go take a nap, and have your mother read you a story. You're getting cranky.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:36 AM   #82
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
yes I did read your post lol. I did not get emotional.

I replied to your post that I disagree with because I honestly suspect that you are/were trolling. but if I took it wrong and you were being honest(first off I apologize for that). But I am pointing out that you have a big disparity in your own opinion of the case. you went from starting out with him needing to rot in prison(I assume for murder) to he may have just saved his own skin. I did not post that.

as far as me needing to sign off from posting because I do not agree with your opinion or vice versa... in a message board that says enough there....
No, you didn't think I was trolling because me saying he was lying isn't trolling, it's my opinion. You were emotional, as your response didn't have any rationale and you lowered yourself into attacking me and saying "what does it matter if I don't agree 100% with his story". It's cute you're trying to backtrack.

My point of him needing to rot in prison was because he obviously lied about the deaths of his family members. It could've also been foul play which is what I said. I think he lied. Get over it. This is the real world, son. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Grow thicker skin.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #83
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
emotionally jump in
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
as if they were children and throw fits that a 5-year old would when you tell them Santa Claus doesn't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Go take a nap, and have your mother read you a story. You're getting cranky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
as your response didn't have any rationale and you lowered yourself into attacking me
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Get over it. This is the real world, son. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Grow thicker skin.
Wowza
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #84
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Ironic indeed. I did come off as emotional, and aggressive, but it was necessary. I had one person completely try to compare his oranges to my apples, then I had his little buddy emotionally charge-in to agree without fully comprehending what I said.

That said, this has been derailed enough. I think he was lying, you don't. The end.
Attached Images
 
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #85
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

im just going to get back on topic. I really did not know if you were being serious about him being involved with foul play or murder. I will take you at your word that you think he is a liar. I don't agree. I see him as a victim of a tragedy nothing more or less. And for many victims of a tragedy it is difficult for them recount their story accurately. And I am quick to defend victims and do not apologize for it. We simply have no evidence that suggests a fraud here. Are there some questions to the phone calls and other things that happened later? You bet...that is what makes the segment a little more mysterious. At the same time does that mean the family is making it up? I don't believe that. It may just be their last bit of hope that they have to hang on to and it appears they feel it is worth believing. We had a family member post here recently and that is always humbling. while we debate about these stories there are real victims that lived through it.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #86
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
im just going to get back on topic. I really did not know if you were being serious about him being involved with foul play or murder. I will take you at your word that you think he is a liar. I don't agree. I see him as a victim of a tragedy nothing more or less. And for many victims of a tragedy it is difficult for them recount their story accurately. And I am quick to defend victims and do not apologize for it. We simply have no evidence that suggests a fraud here. Are there some questions to the phone calls and other things that happened later? You bet...that is what makes the segment a little more mysterious. At the same time does that mean the family is making it up? I don't believe that. It may just be their last bit of hope that they have to hang on to and it appears they feel it is worth believing. We had a family member post here recently and that is always humbling. while we debate about these stories there are real victims that lived through it.
I'll try to explain, because it seemed you got confused about my post earlier. I had two scenarios:

1.) Accident, but he lied about the details
2.) Foul play

In my earlier post, I said that I didn't have a motive for foul play, so I stuck with the accident scenario, but I do believe foul play could've been a possibility. Now to clear the confusion. Thecars1986 has tried to compared what I said to the likes of Henry Rollins, etc which is completely different. Henry Rollins, and the other cases, I believe, have told the truth. Something went wrong, and they had a fight or flight moment. That is completely opposite of what I'm accusing Nathan of.

I believe that Nathan lied about a lot of keys things to not be held responsible. Yes, I know he was stranded, and faced severe hunger, and could've been/hearing seeing things, but I'm firm that he lied. For one, to believe a man of his stature to have swam for hours is hard to believe. Another is the fact that he would swim from his group after they're all screaming for him to stay. Swimming to a wrecked boat for help doesn't make any sense.

Like I said, his testimony is filled with holes. I don't believe they ventured out that far, and he swam back to a wrecked ship to "get help". I don't know what happened out there, I don't even know why they were out there. But I do believe the ship had trouble and he saved himself. Again, nothing is wrong with that, but he obviously lied. Henry admitted to being scared and just taking off, he didn't lie. That's the difference.

Now to address these phone calls. They were either prank calls, or were made up to give credence to his story. I don't believe a ship belonging to Cuban drug overlords, would pick up some stranded at sea people when they were dealing in illegal contraband. What sense would it have made for them to have picked up some barely alive (if even alive) people, hold them hostage, and keep them? If what you're doing is illegal, why stop your ship and pick them up period?

The ship is another lie he made to give credence to his story. "Oh yeah, this huge ship stopped and picked all my buddies up one by one, then as opposed to dropping them back off on land, they held them hostage in Cuba, where they made a friend who called the boat owner, and Nathan's sister" C'mon.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:21 PM   #87
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Thecars1986 has tried to compared what I said to the likes of Henry Rollins, etc which is completely different. Henry Rollins, and the other cases, I believe, have told the truth. Something went wrong, and they had a fight or flight moment. That is completely opposite of what I'm accusing Nathan of.
Your entire premise is that something happened on the boat, Nathan panicked, and saved himself at the alleged expense of others. Why would he feel the need to lie about any of that, if it were truly a case where fight or flight kicked in?
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #88
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular
 
SP4CE INV4DERZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2004
Posts: 595
Default

It's on like Donkey Kong again lol. Never mind me I'm just keeping my post quota alive because I heard someone tracks it around here

Ps. Cassie Nicole still one of the best segments UM did.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #89
soilentgreen
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 13, 2005
Posts: 594
Default

It wouldn't be that unusual for a someone to attempt to get back to the boat - in those circumstances, an overturned hull might have been a safer bet than a life raft that was sinking. Maybe he swam there to check out the boat's condition as he said, or possibly he thought it was safer to stay with the boat, rather than the life raft and disagreed with his shipmates. A combination of dehydration, hypothermia and imbibing seawater could have caused him to hallucinate the freighter in the distance, or he imagined the freighter performing actions that it didn't do - the article posted on page 4 mentions that Neesmith heard voices. *If* there had been some disagreement with his shipmates, it's not surprising that he later felt guilt over being the only survivor.

Two bigger mysteries for me are what caused the power failure/sinking of the boat, since the vessel had recently been in drydock, and what caused the individual to make the (imo, hoax) calls - possibly this person found wreckage from the ship, or just read newspaper accounts.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #90
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,736
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Everyone is entitled his or her respective opinion.

I don't believe I got emotional when I stated to you that I believed Nathan suffered from PTSD. I still think that. I also think DallasTexan made a fair point about survivor's guilt. That's another form of PTSD and also a recognized condition.

I've never understood folks who insist that people who have suffered trauma remember every exact detail. In sex abuse/rape/assault cases, we actually spend time trying to educate the jurors about how our memories work when we've experienced trauma. Luckily, most jurors have common sense and realize that when someone is being beaten by an assailant, they're not going to take the time to count how many times they were hit. They're not going to take out a watch and time exactly how long the assault occurred. They don't do that because they're trying to survive and that is their sole focus. I'm sure you have heard about rape victims who have made statements to the effect of, "as it was happening, I slipped out of my body. I don't remember a lot." The rape victim isn't lying-- she's experienced disassociation, which is a well-recognized defense mechanism to trauma.

This is why I don't discount Nathan's story. He went through a traumatic event. He doesn't remember every little detail. It happens. It's expected. It's what the brain does in order to survive. It doesn't mean a crime occurred.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.