Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
liv1527
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred1433
im nathan's daughter, oldest daughter to be exact....he's not my blood father but he raised me from the time i was 1 year old....im bout to be 20 years old...he's my dad! i understand how some of you could suspect something sounding fishy about his situation, but i & my mother have seen the horror in his face when he tells this story, which is not a story that is told often, i have seen this man cry thinking about the fact that his brother ,nephew & friend are still missing....my dad is a wonderful man, he has raised 5 kids in which neither of the 5 are his by blood...if only you could hear the misery in his voice & the look on his face everytime something gets brought up about the casie nicole...you would then believe in your heart & soul that he was very sincere & could not even think about having something to do with the disapearance of these 3 men, keep in mind, one is his brother, one his nephew, and the other being a friend that he had since they were kids....it breaks my heart to think that people could think he had something to do with it.....i know that people hurt their family everyday in this world but i would put this on my life, that my dad NATHAN NEESMITH would do anything even give his own life just to have his brother, nephew, & friend back on this earth....hopefully you people who have doubts will reconsider your opinion & realize that there really are unsolved mysteries out there...& my dad is just unfortunate to be in one but he was fortunate by being a survivor.....for the people that believe in my dad, my heart & soul goes out to you...god bless

I always hoped and still hope that this case will be solved. I hope that someday your family will have some peace about this.
liv1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
ZanzibarBlue
ZanzibarBlue
Frequent Poster

Default Thank you

Quote:
im nathan's daughter, oldest daughter to be exact....he's not my blood father but he raised me from the time i was 1 year old....im bout to be 20 years old...he's my dad! i understand how some of you could suspect something sounding fishy about his situation, but i & my mother have seen the horror in his face when he tells this story, which is not a story that is told often, i have seen this man cry thinking about the fact that his brother ,nephew & friend are still missing....my dad is a wonderful man, he has raised 5 kids in which neither of the 5 are his by blood...if only you could hear the misery in his voice & the look on his face everytime something gets brought up about the casie nicole...you would then believe in your heart & soul that he was very sincere & could not even think about having something to do with the disapearance of these 3 men, keep in mind, one is his brother, one his nephew, and the other being a friend that he had since they were kids....it breaks my heart to think that people could think he had something to do with it.....i know that people hurt their family everyday in this world but i would put this on my life, that my dad NATHAN NEESMITH would do anything even give his own life just to have his brother, nephew, & friend back on this earth....hopefully you people who have doubts will reconsider your opinion & realize that there really are unsolved mysteries out there...& my dad is just unfortunate to be in one but he was fortunate by being a survivor.....for the people that believe in my dad, my heart & soul goes out to you...god bless
Thank you so much for choosing to respond to this thread. I know that it is little consolation to your father, but I believe his narrative has made this UM segment one of the most baffling of unsolved mysteries. Since seeing it first back in the early 90's, I have thought about it from time to time and wondered whatever became of the lost men. In paticipating in the UM segment, I believe your father helped get the story out.

If you have time to answer 2 questions, it would be much appreciated. First, have there been any developments? Second, what do you think happened, i.e., do you think the men were picked up by a freighter?
ZanzibarBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #18
Aquila
First Time Poster

Quote:
lilred, thanks for providing the perspective of someone close to the case.

My theory? The freighter Nathan saw passing near his crewmates was the mother ship for a drug-smuggling operation, or a similarly clandestine enterprise. This ship's crew rescued the other three men out of a simple humane impulse, but realized they could never send them back home where they might blab about whatever illegal or secret doings they witnessed aboard the ship. So they're in some sort of captivity, probably in Latin America, and one of their captors sent the phone messages as a subtle way of letting the relatives know they're still alive.
Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
Mastermind

Quote:
This ship's crew rescued the other three men out of a simple humane impulse, but realized they could never send them back home where they might blab about whatever illegal or secret doings they witnessed aboard the ship. So they're in some sort of captivity, probably in Latin America, and one of their captors sent the phone messages as a subtle way of letting the relatives know they're still alive.
1. While the ship's crew might be humane, I can't imagine the drug lords would be. I can't imagine they were happy at having three witnesses to their criminal activity. That type of mercy can get the ship's crew and captain killed.

2. There is no benefit for the drug organization to keep them alive. There's much more to risk and time to waste in holding them indefinitely in captivity. Considering their control in their home country, the drug dealers could execute them without anybody knowing it.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
I only just stumbled across this reply, I was the first one up there to question Nathan's actions, sorry about that, it's just a thought that I had in my mind. It's just something that is done around here. Without trying to sound sick, this whole case and all the events is one of my favourites of this show and one day I hope that the mystery can be solved.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzibarBlue
I wanted to bump this thread because the segment re-aired on Thurs, however, I know that this mystery is very likely to remain unsolved.

While I don't suspect Nathan Neesmith of foul-play, his story always troubled me. Seeing it again I noticed that at one point in the narrative, he looks down and to the left, a characteristic that is oftentime exhibited by someone being deceptive. The precise moment is when he talks about leaving the life rafts and swimming toward the submerged boat. He says something to the effect of "I saw the boat about 2 miles away [looks down and to the left] and I just decide to swim for it." His account makes me question what really happened. The progression is: We abandoned the boat for the raft . . . I see the hull of the boat about 2 miles away, and decide to leave everyone to swim to it. . . It takes me from 9am to about 4 pm to reach it and I drink alot of seawater . . . I get on the hull and see the freighter . . . I see a large rectangular container floating nearby (which conveniently has a panel missing) and I swim over to it where I'm found 2-3 days later.

Really? Would someone actually abandon a liferaft (leaking but stilll floating w/ another flotation device) where your companions are and strike out on your own to a boat floating in the distance? You consume a significant amt. of seawater, but nevertheless are able to survive for another 2 days? You happen upon another large floatation device that happens to have a panel cut out perfectly for you to sit in it? Plus, if your companions were altogether when you left them, why would the freighter stop circle the area several times? If the freighter was looking for Nathan, it's fair to say that it could easily spot him w/ a bright orange life vest sitting atop a red hull about 2 miles away.

I suspect what might have happened is that the guys may have been up to no good (e.g., getting a drug shipment). Something went wrong, the companions were killed, their boat sunk, and Nathan was forced or voluntarily was placed in the large rectangular floating object w/ the thinking he would be found in a day or two given he was 10 miles off the coast.
I would agree with you totally until the last paragraph.

As the segment went on, I got more and more suspicious, and at the end, I said to myself, "What is the most logical explanation here? His story? Or that something went on out there and he was covering up for something that either he did or that he did not want anyone to know?" I opted for the latter. The story is far-fetched, and the "evidence" for these men being "taken" are derived solely from the account of the only man left to survive.

This reminds me of the Korzilius case. Unfortunately, it seems we are far too willing to believe the stories given by people like Mrs. Korzilius and Nathan Neesmith, when the stories seem a bit far-fetched, there are more reasonable and likely explanations, and when, conveniently, there are no other witnesses to corroborate anything they say. It is like we can't possibly believe Mrs. Korzilius or Nathan Neesmith would say anything but the truth, nor that they would lie about anything.
Wamisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #22
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila
My theory? The freighter Nathan saw passing near his crewmates was the mother ship for a drug-smuggling operation, or a similarly clandestine enterprise. This ship's crew rescued the other three men out of a simple humane impulse, but realized they could never send them back home where they might blab about whatever illegal or secret doings they witnessed aboard the ship. So they're in some sort of captivity, probably in Latin America, and one of their captors sent the phone messages as a subtle way of letting the relatives know they're still alive.
Is it normal for those in the drug trade to contact the relatives of those captured to let them know their loved ones are alive and well, all out of a sense of concern and human kindness? And to do so by phoning on four occasions and informing them in Spanish when they knew after the first call that the people on the other end of the line only spoke English, but on the fifth call finally telling them they will be returned (but then not returning them)? I am not being sarcastic, I am just wondering. Sounds a bit out of character to me.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #23
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP4CE INV4DERZ
I only just stumbled across this reply, I was the first one up there to question Nathan's actions, sorry about that, it's just a thought that I had in my mind. It's just something that is done around here. Without trying to sound sick, this whole case and all the events is one of my favourites of this show and one day I hope that the mystery can be solved.
Don't be so quick to apologize and rescind your challenge, just because a family member said you were wrong. I understand you are trying to be sensitive, and that is laudable, but do not let it get in the way of seeking the truth. I just posted on the Breckenridge case (this thread was unique in that at least four people who personally knew the main suspect posted) and spoke about how family members are the least reliable when it comes to one's guilt or innocence, due to the (understandably) emotional attachment.

With all due respect to Nathan's daughter, I am not going to apologize, nor rescind my comments. I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree, unfortunately. Feel free to PM me if you wish to disagree with me, or feel free to post here about your disagreements, although out of respect to the spirit of the forum and to you and your family, I will respond to such comments only privately.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #24
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

I'm willing to believe Nathan's story. Here's why. No doubt the man was taken to a hospital afterwards and he would have had tests taken on how dehydrated and malnourished that he was. Who would risk their life for that? Imagine not drinking for 4 days and then the only thing you drink is saltwater, something that makes you MORE thirsty! You'd be barely able to talk.

Here is my thought. For starters I think when you are faced with a crisis you should stick together. Nathan took a huge gamble in leaving his friends. And at the time it wouldn't seem very smart. In the end it was the right choice. The only thing fishy was WHY he would leave a floating raft for another floating device 3-4 miles away. That I will admit is weird, but maybe I'd think differently in that scenario. It isn't unusual to think that out of sheer crap luck the one boat that drove by the other men was filled with some unsavoury characters that thought nothing less than to exterminate the men. Drug dealers? Could be.

Also, unless the person who rescued Nathan knew him (and it doesn't seem like they did) he took a huge risk in gambling on the fact that someone could save him. Even if someone had previously agreed to come rescue him after Nathan "disposed" of his friends why take 4 days and risk him dying of thirst?

The story Nathan told makes sense. What else does?
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #25
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
I'm willing to believe Nathan's story. Here's why. No doubt the man was taken to a hospital afterwards and he would have had tests taken on how dehydrated and malnourished that he was. Who would risk their life for that? Imagine not drinking for 4 days and then the only thing you drink is saltwater, something that makes you MORE thirsty! You'd be barely able to talk.

Here is my thought. For starters I think when you are faced with a crisis you should stick together. Nathan took a huge gamble in leaving his friends. And at the time it wouldn't seem very smart. In the end it was the right choice. The only thing fishy was WHY he would leave a floating raft for another floating device 3-4 miles away. That I will admit is weird, but maybe I'd think differently in that scenario. It isn't unusual to think that out of sheer crap luck the one boat that drove by the other men was filled with some unsavoury characters that thought nothing less than to exterminate the men. Drug dealers? Could be.

Also, unless the person who rescued Nathan knew him (and it doesn't seem like they did) he took a huge risk in gambling on the fact that someone could save him. Even if someone had previously agreed to come rescue him after Nathan "disposed" of his friends why take 4 days and risk him dying of thirst?

The story Nathan told makes sense. What else does?
Leaving the raft isn't as fishy when you remember that Nathan stated there was a hole in it about the size of a quarter and it was losing air.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #26
marlins3
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanzibarBlue
Thank you so much for choosing to respond to this thread. I know that it is little consolation to your father, but I believe his narrative has made this UM segment one of the most baffling of unsolved mysteries. Since seeing it first back in the early 90's, I have thought about it from time to time and wondered whatever became of the lost men. In paticipating in the UM segment, I believe your father helped get the story out.

If you have time to answer 2 questions, it would be much appreciated. First, have there been any developments? Second, what do you think happened, i.e., do you think the men were picked up by a freighter?

I know that looking to the left, looking down, biting one's lip, etc CAN be a sign of deception. However, many people on this thread are NEVER willing to give people the benefit of a doubt. If, during the course of an hour interview (of which maybe 10 minutes will actually make the air), a perosn dare sto look a certain way or do a certain action, people immediately jump all over them for being deceptive. If I ever have a face to face conversation with you, remind me to give you the Danny Wheeler face so I never so much as blink. That way you will not suspect me in any way of being deceptive

On another thread, somebody said they believe Antoinette Cayedito's mother was guilty of the kidnapping because she bit he rlip part way through it. Are you kidding me?!?!?
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #27
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
Leaving the raft isn't as fishy when you remember that Nathan stated there was a hole in it about the size of a quarter and it was losing air.
Also, being out on the water can really mess with your depth perception in my experience. He probably didn't realize that the object was miles away when he swam for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamisto
I understand you are trying to be sensitive, and that is laudable, but do not let it get in the way of seeking the truth...

With all due respect to Nathan's daughter, I am not going to apologize, nor rescind my comments.
Say what you want, but let's not get carried away trying to turn pure speculation into some kind of heroic act.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #28
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

He was so lucky to find that bait box to sleep in, once he got that I think he had a good chance of being rescued because it would have been visable for miles. Him leaving his mates sadly is what saved his own life.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #29
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

watching on vHS

poor family
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #30
Melanie85
Frequent Poster

I just rewatched this case and while the calls from the Spanish speaking person seems odd, I feel there could be another explanation for it. UM doesn't always give us all the information so I wonder if this person was a migrant worker that could have been looking for work and had Nathan's number and Tyson's number. Or this person could have worked with them at one time and was trying to make contact. I know this happened in 1990, but I'm sure the phone bill would indicate where the call was coming from, but I assume this option was already explored.

I feel the most logical explanation for the other men was that they drowned or starved and were eventually lost at sea. Afterall, I believe the segment said they were 40 miles off the coast of Georgia. Would a drug smuggler freighter come that close to the coast?
Melanie85 is offline   Reply With Quote