Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Considering it it was BPD investigating it doesn't surprise me that it's still not solved. I grew up in Baltimore City and on more than one occasion in took police over 45 minutes to show up after someone dialed 911. Watson was definitely involved but I guess as the old saying goes, "no body, no crime".
Isn't this the same LE agency that screwed up the Keith Warren murder? They should have protected Oliver before and after the trial. That's policework 101. What a shame for what seemed to be a nice, honest, hard working man who made one mistake by buying a stolen car.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

There is an article from 2009 somewhere that says there is still no updates. His family said something like they wish one day every day he would come home.

edit:

http://www.explorehoward.com/news/61...gone-25-years/
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #18
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoge21
There is an article from 2009 somewhere that says there is still no updates. His family said something like they wish one day every day he would come home.

edit:

http://www.explorehoward.com/news/61...gone-25-years/
After reading the article, the sad part to me is they've only recently taken his brother's DNA to match it with any other evidence they find. Considering that this murder took place almost 25 years ago,something that should have been done as soon as the technology was available.

I'm not holding out too much hope that this case will be solved as even the article states that the police have no idea of the current location of the main suspect.I hate to say it, but in this case it looks as if someone got away with murder.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #19
idol
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersally1974
Oliver Wendell Munson's profile has been updated on doenetwork:
http://www.doenetwork.org/
Case File 2006DMMD

Circumstances of Disappearance
Munson, a bachelor and somewhat of a recluse, was last seen in 600 block of Orpington Road in Catonsville, Maryland on February 13, 1984. At 7:50 a.m., a neighbor saw Munson leaving his home, alone apparently heading to work.
Wendell was a industrial arts high school teacher in Howard County, MD, and never arrived at school.
He had an occasional girlfriend, but on weekends he often left town to visit his mother and two brothers on the Eastern Shore.
His family reported him missing the next day, February. 14, after checking his home.

On February 16, the 1980 Ford Pinto belonging to Munson is found parked on Braeside Road in Catonsville, about two blocks from his home. The right front tire is flat, apparently due to a slow leak. In it was his touring cap, he usually wore, and had his lunch bag and school notebook on the front seat.

Munson hobby was working on the old cars that littered his yard. Investigators believe that he may have been murdered in retaliation of testifying against an auto theft ring. Mr. Munson had unknowingly bought a blue 1973 Datsun 240Z car from a ring member the year before he disappeared. This car had been stollen the on the morning of Munson's disappearance.
On February 27, the blue 1973 Datsun 240Z that had been stolen was recovered at the edge of Leakin Park in West Baltimore.
In the car were two business receipts with Munson's name, traces of unidentified blood, and a small-caliber shell casing.

His body may have been dumped or buried somewhere, perhaps in Leakin Park, near where the stolen car was later found. February 28, 1984 City police searched Leakin Park without success.

ON May 28, 1985 Munson was legally declared dead, the victim of "presumptive homicide," his body was never found.
Interesting how they call Oliver a "recluse", UM mentioned the guy was very well liked which would lead us to think of him as outgoing and friendly. Unless he was just that way at work and more private outside of work.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
baloony
Forum Regular

Is Dennis Watson still alive?
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #21
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by idol
Interesting how they call Oliver a "recluse", UM mentioned the guy was very well liked which would lead us to think of him as outgoing and friendly. Unless he was just that way at work and more private outside of work.
yeah, that was weird. The guy had a full time job outside of home, and apparently liked to visit the video store, so I'm not sure how that qualifies him as a recluse.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #22
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Bungled at almost every turn.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #23
baloony
Forum Regular

Sadly, there is just no way Oliver could still be alive. The fact that Dennis Watson is still alive just adds insult to injury. The anniversary of Oliver's disappearance is tomorrow. 29 years.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #24
RainMan94
Occasional Poster

Is there any way I could find the original segment airing of this case? Very intriguing but it never seemed like much info was given about the case. Thanks!
RainMan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #25
WishfulDreamer

This is a frustrating case, and I'm sure LE is also frustrated as they more than likely know who the killer is but can't charge him. I really think Oliver should have been offered protection when he was told he had to testify, seeing as it was already known that several other witnesses "mysteriously" met their ends shortly before having to testify against Watson.

It seemed like Oliver was a really nice, scrupulous man who had a positive impact on his students and fellow teachers. It's really a shame he's never been found and Watson, if he is as guilty as he seems, can't be held accountable.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #26
baloony
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
That could explain why Oliver Munson had no girlfriend or wife, but it's worth noting that the mere lack of a significant other doesn't necessairly mean the person is gay. Unfortunately, however, it doesn't prevent some people from rushing to judgment on the matter.

There might be some other explanation for Oliver's bachelorhood. Maybe he hadn't found the right woman yet or, quite possibly, he had been carrying a torch for someone in particular.
Off topic of actual thread, but I don't get why people suddenly shout "not married, no girlfriend, well, he must be gay!!". I am 40 and have never even been on a date before. My sexual orientation is straight. I just never have had any girls actually say yes to me. Ever. And at 40, well, if it hasn't happened by now, it definitely is not going to happen later. What female in her right mind wants a 40 year old burnout? A friend of mine who is two years younger than me got married a few months ago. He was in the same boat, as he had never even been on a date in his life until age 38. He met a very attractive girl who is in her mid 20's. Sound great, right? Not so fast! HUGE catch. She has never had a job and is used to being taken care of. She has already been married and divorced twice and has even admitted to my friend that she is only married to him because he makes really good money. Which, to be honest, I can see. Why else would a girl in her mid-20's marry an old guy in his late 30's, unless he has money. So, actually, a small part of me is glad I'm single.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #27
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony
Off topic of actual thread, but I don't get why people suddenly shout "not married, no girlfriend, well, he must be gay!!". I am 40 and have never even been on a date before. My sexual orientation is straight. I just never have had any girls actually say yes to me. Ever. And at 40, well, if it hasn't happened by now, it definitely is not going to happen later. What female in her right mind wants a 40 year old burnout? A friend of mine who is two years younger than me got married a few months ago. He was in the same boat, as he had never even been on a date in his life until age 38. He met a very attractive girl who is in her mid 20's. Sound great, right? Not so fast! HUGE catch. She has never had a job and is used to being taken care of. She has already been married and divorced twice and has even admitted to my friend that she is only married to him because he makes really good money. Which, to be honest, I can see. Why else would a girl in her mid-20's marry an old guy in his late 30's, unless he has money. So, actually, a small part of me is glad I'm single.
1. I agree with you totally: it's not at all a given that single men without girlfriends are gay. It's a jump to a conclusion.

2. A close friend of mine married her husband while in her mid-twenties and he was in his late thirties. She actually earns a slightly higher income than he does. So, perhaps a reason a woman at that age marries an older man is because she loves that man. So, to assume all younger women seek the money and resources of older men in marriage is...a jump to a conclusion.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #28
crystaldawn

I've always felt so bad for Oliver Munson. Just an innocent victim in all of this. I agree btw, not many school teachers who interact with many people on a daily basis can hardly be called a recluse. Maybe shy is a more appropriate word.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #29
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony

You are so right. My DH was 33 when we married. He had dated very little. He was just quiet and shy.
We have a mutual friend, he is DHs age. A little slow but very independent. I remember him having tears in his eyes telling me how lonely he was, he just wanted to meet the right woman and get married.he was in his mid 50s then. Not long after he did meet the right woman, at work. That was about 15 years ago and they are still happily married.

So no, every single man that doesn't date is not gay.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:39 AM   #30
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I agree btw, not many school teachers who interact with many people on a daily basis can hardly be called a recluse. Maybe shy is a more appropriate word.
Yeah, the only time he seemed apprehensive was when the police came to his house to ask him to testify. And heck, who wouldn't be apprehensive in those circumstances?
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote