Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 PM   #61
spark19
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianUMFan
I just listened to the phone call that was on the W5 report and on Cindy's sister's website. The caller sounded like a female trying to disguise her voice. Does anyone agree or disagree with that?

You know, I haven't listened to that recording in months, but you stating that, I can hear it in my head now and its freaking me out.

That coupled with the steamer trunk corpse image popping up in my head (thanks to another thread) ensures very little sleep for me tonight!
spark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #62
angelina26
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighthead
And that makes him crooked?
I said he was no more of an expert than You and I first of all and secondly his belittling attitude doesn't mean someone is crooked and yes he did seem like he was arrogant...If I did say crooked in a previous post then I apologize people have their own common sense as well as opinion but he was trying to sell his like it was the truth when we still dont have the truth...

Last edited by angelina26; 03-17-2008 at 10:18 PM.
angelina26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #63
mgm711
Occasional Poster

is this storey on any of the dvd's i dont remember seeing it???I remember it from years ago...
mgm711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #64
CanadianUMFan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm711
is this storey on any of the dvd's i dont remember seeing it???I remember it from years ago...
The Cindy James story is on the Bizarre Murders DVD set.
CanadianUMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #65
crystaldawn

Default Lifetime heavily edited this segment

I just watched the UM segment of Cindy's case on Purple Rose's website and a few days ago I watched the NBC version of the Cindy James case. This has got to be the most heavily edited segment I have seen so far on Lifetime! I don't even understand why since there was no "update" at the end to make room for. The NBC version showed pictures of Cindy and her family Lifetime edited out. They also had more comments by Cindy's parents (here mother describing how if Cindy were going to kill herself she would have dressed herself up nice and had her dog taken care of, not go out in that abandoned area). There was also more discussion of "multiple personality disorder" with her father and her psychotherapist saying there was no evidence of that. Even more comments from Neal Hall than I remember saying he feels for the family because they don't want to believe Cindy could have done this to herself. Does anyone who has seen the Lifetime version remember any of the scenes I just described?

I have a question for you Purple Rose. I noticed Cindy's car was found abandoned and her body wasn't discovered for 2 weeks. Do they think she was at that abandoned area the entire two weeks or is there a period of time where her whereabouts weren't accounted for?
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 PM   #66
angelina26
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I just watched the UM segment of Cindy's case on Purple Rose's website and a few days ago I watched the NBC version of the Cindy James case. This has got to be the most heavily edited segment I have seen so far on Lifetime! I don't even understand why since there was no "update" at the end to make room for. The NBC version showed pictures of Cindy and her family Lifetime edited out. They also had more comments by Cindy's parents (here mother describing how if Cindy were going to kill herself she would have dressed herself up nice and had her dog taken care of, not go out in that abandoned area). There was also more discussion of "multiple personality disorder" with her father and her psychotherapist saying there was no evidence of that. Even more comments from Neal Hall than I remember saying he feels for the family because they don't want to believe Cindy could have done this to herself. Does anyone who has seen the Lifetime version remember any of the scenes I just described?

I have a question for you Purple Rose. I noticed Cindy's car was found abandoned and her body wasn't discovered for 2 weeks. Do they think she was at that abandoned area the entire two weeks or is there a period of time where her whereabouts weren't accounted for?
oh I gotta watch this one....on purplerose's site.....
angelina26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM   #67
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Quote:

Since the police thought Cindy committed suicide, they must have believed she did it at that abandoned location and was lying there for two weeks until her body was discovered by the works crew who were repairing the pothole in the road nearby.
A lot of people have written to me and disagreed with that police theory -- people saying that the place where Cindy was found was:
- a busy location and
- teenagers partied at the abandoned house and
- you could see into the bush area from the nearby sidewalk
- and therefore her body must have been dumped there by someone (otherwise she would surely have been found sooner).
Entomology reports couldn't determine exactly how long she was lying outside (so maybe she could have been dumped there -- certainly not a suicide)

By the way, which NBC segment did you see that you are referring to? Something not on my site?
purple rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #68
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rose
By the way, which NBC segment did you see that you are referring to? Something not on my site?
Well as you may or may not know UM was originally aired on NBC. It seems that when Lifetime started airing UM they edited many of the segments to either make room for updates or possibly more commercials. I have the segment that was recorded back when NBC aired it (before Lifetime edited it) and thats got a little more in it than the segment on your site seems to. Let me know if you'd a like a copy of the NBC airing I have.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #69
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Well as you may or may not know UM was originally aired on NBC. It seems that when Lifetime started airing UM they edited many of the segments to either make room for updates or possibly more commercials. I have the segment that was recorded back when NBC aired it (before Lifetime edited it) and thats got a little more in it than the segment on your site seems to. Let me know if you'd a like a copy of the NBC airing I have.
Oh, I got ya…I didn’t know you were referring to the UM segment (didn’t know it was aired on NBC)!

Yes, the UM segment on my site was edited (from what is presented on disc 2 on the “Best Unsolved Mysteries Segments about Bizarre Murders” DVD set – is that the version you have?) because the UM segment is the property of Cosgrove/Meurer Productions and it would be an infringement of their copyright for me to have the entire segment available to the public – that’s why I have a link on my website media page for people to purchase the boxed set to view the entire segment (if they don’t already have it).

If there is another version/segment with more stuff than what's on the DVD set that I have, then I'd love to see it.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #70
crystaldawn

Quote:
If there is another version/segment with more stuff than what's on the DVD set that I have, then I'd love to see it.
Okay pm me your mailing address and I'll be happy to mail you out a copy of what I have and you can see if there's some additional footage.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #71
open_mind
First Time Poster

I agree and with technology today, they could take the recording from the machine and match it with the voice of Cindy from the taped statement she gave(do a voice analysis), if the pitches in voice don't match then the police she re-open the case.

Another something to ponder:

Munchausen syndrome is a psychiatric disorder in which those affected fake disease, illness, or psychological trauma in order to draw attention or sympathy to themselves. It is in a class of disorders known as factitious disorders which involve "illnesses" whose symptoms are either self-induced or falsified by the patient. It is also sometimes known as hospital addiction syndrome. In some extremes, people suffering from Munchausen's Syndrome are highly knowledgeable about the practice of medicine, and are able to produce symptoms that result in multiple unnecessary operations. For example, they may inject a vein with infected material, causing widespread infection of unknown origin, and as a result cause lengthy and costly medical analyses and prolonged hospital stay. The role of "patient" is a familiar and comforting one, and it fills a psychological need in people with Munchausen's.

I believe that everything happens for a reason and no matter what happened, Cindy is in a better place and is now happy. I feel that no matter how this happened she was being protected from something worse that could have happened or years of agony. Maybe she's looking down at everyone for concentrating on her and wishing everyone could be happy because she is - now. She would probably want everyone to remember the good in her and not focus on this tragedy but on the great things that she was in life. I also believe that in the case someone did do this that he/she/they/it will 'get' theirs whether we see it or not.
open_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #72
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Okay pm me your mailing address and I'll be happy to mail you out a copy of what I have and you can see if there's some additional footage.
Thanks for sending me a copy, crystaldawn, of the NBC segment you had…I actually found it difficult to watch and hear—In the audiotaped police interview with Cindy she was in such an awful state and I wanted to be with her to help her feel better!
(I uploaded three audio clips to my Blog http://www.melaniehack.com/blog/ for anyone interested.)
And I was really frustrated because I noticed factual errors in both what was said and in how some of the incidents were portrayed (in the recreation of some scenes). In my next Blog I’ll talk about the tidbit of information in the police report about the 1984 attack (when Cindy was stabbed in the hand) that I don’t believe was made public…how and where a can of mace (pepper spray) was found. Does anyone know about that?
Oh boy, it’s obvious there is so much that was never divulged! Sure wish I could list a bunch of stuff here…
By the way, has anyone had to face a similar situation as me (not knowing if their family member or friend committed suicide or was murdered)? If you have, please let me know!
We have another case up in Canada that was recently in the media…RMC cadet Joe Grozelle who vanished in Oct 2003 and was found 3 weeks later (police think it was a suicide but the family thinks he was murdered). You can google the name and get some info. I would think that case would be a good puzzle for UM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #73
crystaldawn

Quote:
Thanks for sending me a copy, crystaldawn, of the NBC segment you had…I actually found it difficult to watch and hear—In the audiotaped police interview with Cindy she was in such an awful state and I wanted to be with her to help her feel better!
(I uploaded three audio clips to my Blog http://www.melaniehack.com/blog/ for anyone interested.)
And I was really frustrated because I noticed factual errors in both what was said and in how some of the incidents were portrayed (in the recreation of some scenes). In my next Blog I’ll talk about the tidbit of information in the police report about the 1984 attack (when Cindy was stabbed in the hand) that I don’t believe was made public…how and where a can of mace (pepper spray) was found. Does anyone know about that?
Oh boy, it’s obvious there is so much that was never divulged! Sure wish I could list a bunch of stuff here…
By the way, has anyone had to face a similar situation as me (not knowing if their family member or friend committed suicide or was murdered)? If you have, please let me know!
We have another case up in Canada that was recently in the media…RMC cadet Joe Grozelle who vanished in Oct 2003 and was found 3 weeks later (police think it was a suicide but the family thinks he was murdered). You can google the name and get some info. I would think that case would be a good puzzle for UM.
Glad to have been able to help purple rose. It was very sad hearing Cindy's voice, I can't imagine how hard it must have been as a close relative to hear it. They really do a disservice when they heavily edit these original cases. Lifetime is bad enough but there's no reason a segment on the boxed set has to have so much cut out of it, it really changes the entire case sometimes.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #74
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

Man, just watched it, right now I'm scared stiff.

I believe Cindy was murdered. Easily.

Why didn't they ever investigate the man that ran down the street after Agnes' husband asked for him to cal 911?

That "suicide" seemed far, far, far too outrageous to be one.

Must've been beyond hell for Cindy, living alone, in constant fear.

And I agree with her mom. The police shouldn't of made it so obvious that they were monitoring her home. Why the flip would they do that?

She was murdered. Simply put.

Last edited by crystaldawn; 06-18-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #75
alfiechat
Frequent Poster

Crystal dawn, is the person in your icon Doreen Marfeo who was thought to be killed by her husband?
alfiechat is offline   Reply With Quote