Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #16
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
I generally agree with the suicide theory, though the one point made by the private investigator made me pause a moment: could her body really have sat where it was for two weeks with no one seeing it? It's been a while since I saw the UM segment; I suppose they determined that she'd been dead a couple of weeks when she was found?

Actually, I watched the beginning of the Canadian TV segment again jusat now, during which they show the police footage of her body being brought out to the amublence or whatever. And, just from that, I can see that the area where she was would not have been well lit, and was in a relatively secluded spot. It's ashame, but I just think she killed herself.
Yeah, I hate to say it, knowing I'm probably in the minority, but I think she was crazy and killed herself. C'mon, who walks their dog at 3 in the morning when they are terrified for their lives??????!!!!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:22 AM   #17
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

This is always a hard one for me to come to terms with, I am just not sure if it was murder or if she really did do these horrible things to herself.. Either way the woman spent the last year of her life in complete terror even if it was self induced it was a horrible way to live... But if I had to make a judgment based on the facts presented in the case I would have to say it was suicide...
Mr.Clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #18
streetbond
Occasional Poster

Hi this is my first post. I enjoyed reding these comments and this is truly extraordinary web page. even some of you are true detectives better than those cops or wannabe investigators
I am really intrigued by this case.
I have a gut feeling that she was indeed murdered and that it was done in such a manner not to arouse suspicions.
i believe that it was done by someone upper class driving her mad all those years and finally killing her. He/she/they knew that everybody will think she was mad nut but i don`t know...
And as i realized nobody here tried to explain how on earth could she bind herself behind the back?????
Especially as i think police claimed she waw using some drugs...
How on earth can you tie yourself up in that way, and if she wanted to kill herself would not it be more logical just to throw herself from a building or cut the wrists or whatever?
Why going to such deep length if she wanted to die anyway???
streetbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #19
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbond
Hi this is my first post. I enjoyed reding these comments and this is truly extraordinary web page. even some of you are true detectives better than those cops or wannabe investigators
I am really intrigued by this case.
I have a gut feeling that she was indeed murdered and that it was done in such a manner not to arouse suspicions.
i believe that it was done by someone upper class driving her mad all those years and finally killing her. He/she/they knew that everybody will think she was mad nut but i don`t know...
And as i realized nobody here tried to explain how on earth could she bind herself behind the back?????
Especially as i think police claimed she waw using some drugs...
How on earth can you tie yourself up in that way, and if she wanted to kill herself would not it be more logical just to throw herself from a building or cut the wrists or whatever?
Why going to such deep length if she wanted to die anyway???
Welcome streetbond! Yes I agree that Cindy James was murdered. I agree that it would extremely difficult for her to have hogtied herself. Not to mention the drugs in her system were apparently injected, yet there was no syringe near the body. The massive amount she had in her system would have rendered her unconscious very quickly which is another fact that points to her not having committed suicide. Not sure if you know this streetbond but Cindy's sister is currently finishing up a book she wrote about her sister's death. She does post to this board so hopefully she'll let us know when its available to buy. I'm very curious to read what her sister thinks about who is responsible for Cindy's death.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 AM   #20
streetbond
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Welcome streetbond! Yes I agree that Cindy James was murdered. I agree that it would extremely difficult for her to have hogtied herself. Not to mention the drugs in her system were apparently injected, yet there was no syringe near the body. The massive amount she had in her system would have rendered her unconscious very quickly which is another fact that points to her not having committed suicide. Not sure if you know this streetbond but Cindy's sister is currently finishing up a book she wrote about her sister's death. She does post to this board so hopefully she'll let us know when its available to buy. I'm very curious to read what her sister thinks about who is responsible for Cindy's death.
Hi again does her sister have suspects? Does she suspect someone?
And can you please comment on this?
The reason why i think someone upper class has to do with this murder is because the police have tried to put the murder on as a suicide, they didn`t even try to take into account the REAL facts that are obvious...it seems as if it was directed to them just to present the suicide theory without doing any real detective work.
I am truly disgusted i have a deep gut feeling some officials from the police are connected in some way with her murder.
streetbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #21
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbond
Hi again does her sister have suspects? Does she suspect someone?
And can you please comment on this?
The reason why i think someone upper class has to do with this murder is because the police have tried to put the murder on as a suicide, they didn`t even try to take into account the REAL facts that are obvious...it seems as if it was directed to them just to present the suicide theory without doing any real detective work.
I am truly disgusted i have a deep gut feeling some officials from the police are connected in some way with her murder.
I don't think her sister has really commented much on any names of suspects but she doesn't think her sister committed suicide. Here is her website with some more info on the book. You can even listen to one of Cindy's threatening phone calls and it is quite chilling:

http://www.melaniehack.com/

Also I found a thread where her sister posted. Her screen name is "purple rose".

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=193326
Old 03-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #22
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Thanks Crystaldawn for the link to my website about my sister Cindy.
By the way, the second threatening call is up on my site. Here's the link:
http://melaniehack.com/blog/?p=99
And for those of you wondering what I think happened to my sister, well, I don't think Cindy was alone when she died. Forgive me if that seems mysterious...I just can't say any more than that right now.
purple rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #23
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rose
And for those of you wondering what I think happened to my sister, well, I don't think Cindy was alone when she died. Forgive me if that seems mysterious...I just can't say any more than that right now.

OMG, that 2nd phone call freaked me out. It seems to me the person is so obviously trying to disguise their voice, with the deliberate drawing out of words. So creepy. I maybe on the fence about this one....
Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #24
crystaldawn

Quote:
Nice to hear from you again purple rose. I must say your comment about Cindy not being alone when she died was quite intriguing. Do you know when your book will be available for purchase?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #25
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Nice to hear from you again purple rose. I must say your comment about Cindy not being alone when she died was quite intriguing. Do you know when your book will be available for purchase?

It's nice to drop by.
The publishing thing is complicated because there are suspects (sure wish I could say more) --real people involved and new evidence....
I'm contemplating putting the first chapter up on the website if people are interested (just like the interest I got for the second threatening call)! Let me know. (It's really hard "sitting" on the book!)
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #26
crystaldawn

Quote:
I'm contemplating putting the first chapter up on the website if people are interested (just like the interest I got for the second threatening call)! Let me know. (It's really hard "sitting" on the book!)
That sounds great! I'm sure a lot of us would love to read the first chapter. I know I would anyway.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #27
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I'm of the camp that I'm not sure what the real story is, but there is definitely something more to this.

Even in the story, Cindy's parents said they knew she was withholding information. This story has always had an odd quality to it. I'm not saying she wasn't being stalked, but I do wonder if she didn't know who was doing it or if there was a twist to it.

In any event, that woman was in a private hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone (from a stalker or from her own doing).

Thanks for the info, purple rose. If there is evidence that someone did this to your sister, I hope they get them. I'm sorry your family has had to go through this. I can't imagine what it must be like.

Good luck with the book. Sounds like it will be a good read.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
I'm of the camp that I'm not sure what the real story is, but there is definitely something more to this.

Even in the story, Cindy's parents said they knew she was withholding information. This story has always had an odd quality to it. I'm not saying she wasn't being stalked, but I do wonder if she didn't know who was doing it or if there was a twist to it.

In any event, that woman was in a private hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone (from a stalker or from her own doing).

Thanks for the info, purple rose. If there is evidence that someone did this to your sister, I hope they get them. I'm sorry your family has had to go through this. I can't imagine what it must be like.

Good luck with the book. Sounds like it will be a good read.
In interviews with the media, my father (on A Current Affair) and Agnes (on Unsolved Mysteries) said Cindy, during her years of harassment, mentioned things like, “When it’s all over I’ll explain it to you, but I can’t right now,” insinuating that Cindy knew who was tormenting her but had chosen not to talk about it.
After Cindy’s death my father speculated to me that Cindy had seen something that she shouldn't have or perhaps had heard something she wasn't supposed to (something other than the alleged 1981 murders that she had talked about).
And I think it helped some family members and friends with their coping to see a scenario in which Cindy was some sort of a whistle blower who was silenced just before she could reveal the truth.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #29
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Purple rose, perhaps you can enlighten us with your thoughts---
There are a few things that make me doubt that anyone did this besides your sister, such as why would she not discuss this with anyone? If she was honestly fearful and getting attacked like she was, why not confide in anyone? Also, the whole scenario (assuming UM was correct on it's facts) of Cindy walking her dog at 3 in the morning...why in the world would she do that knowing that she was being stalked and fearing for her life?
I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive, if so, I'm sorry. I mean no disrespect. I'm very sorry for your loss, and I'm very sorry that regardless of who did it, that Cindy had to go through the torture and then have it end in such an awful way.

God bless and thank you.

Kamy
Old 03-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #30
purple rose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy
Purple rose, perhaps you can enlighten us with your thoughts---
There are a few things that make me doubt that anyone did this besides your sister, such as why would she not discuss this with anyone? If she was honestly fearful and getting attacked like she was, why not confide in anyone? Also, the whole scenario (assuming UM was correct on it's facts) of Cindy walking her dog at 3 in the morning...why in the world would she do that knowing that she was being stalked and fearing for her life?
I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive, if so, I'm sorry. I mean no disrespect. I'm very sorry for your loss, and I'm very sorry that regardless of who did it, that Cindy had to go through the torture and then have it end in such an awful way.

God bless and thank you.

Kamy
Kamy, this requires a long answer (sorry, but you asked and no, that wasn’t disrespectful or insensitive but very valid!)…
Cindy went to the police for help and a few doubted her (and some were rude) so I suspect she learned to shut her mouth.
Then she hired a security services provider and he wasn’t able to stop what was happening or catch anyone (why?).
And sometimes Cindy would say to me with disdain, “Well I suppose Mom has already told you about…” even though my mom had not talked to me regarding an incident.
I realized there was a huge problem in my family about sharing information, as if it would be seen as gossip. I certainly did not want to be a gossip. Talking behind Cindy’s back about her would have been considered a breach of her sacred right to privacy. We had all lived our own lives and interacted when it suited us. We had shared what we wanted when we wanted. That’s just the way it had been. And it was probably one of the reasons why Cindy’s harassment escalated to the point it did.
It seemed nobody had known enough about the entire situation in time to help her effectively, in time to fully understand what was going on—neither the police nor her security services provider nor the medical community nor her family. Very sad, isn’t it?
Sharing information about her harassment was extremely difficult for Cindy; she was very selective about what she shared. And I was reluctant to ask her for details because she would say, “Do you really want me to tell you? The details are too horrible. I’d have to relive it all again.” I would feel ashamed and guilty for asking, so over the years I had learned to wait for her to come to me with details and feelings. Whenever anything happened, I just wanted to know she was OK, to support her in the only way I knew how, with hugs and verbal reassurances. Whenever she did divulge her private life, I always had the belief she was telling me the truth.
And, periodically she had implored me to watch out for myself and be safe, but she NEVER said why. It was years later I found out why—my life, and the lives of other family members, had allegedly been threatened during an attack on Cindy on January 27th 1983.
As far as walking her dog in the middle of the night (if it’s true – the security provider who investigated one alleged dog-walking incident after a fire, denied it even happened), I don’t know. If she was really walking her dog at night I have to wonder if she felt defiant, or figured it was up to the police (who were constantly watching her place) or the security services provider (who was watching Cindy and her premises) to do their job properly and allow her to live a life that wasn’t ALWAYS filled with terror. Still it is a puzzle…I don’t think I could have done that but other people say they could have under the circumstances. People are different.
Hope that answers your questions?