Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #121
elg0rd0
Just wanna play video games.
Frequent Poster

My biggest problem is how much of the official investigation is still classified under national security laws. What national security would be compromised if a lone gunman shooting from a building at the acting president in a convertible limo?

I'm not making a case that Oswald is innocent or guilty. I'm saying why would the investigation, meaning the subtle details, all be classified? And what national security would be breached? Foreign, domestic, military, federal reserve, Vietnam, Cuba, Castro, organized crime? It still baffles me that a lot of information has been redacted by the archives or in some cases misplaced. Under "national security"
Old 09-05-2015, 11:55 PM   #122
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Right...more to this one than meets the eye.

The Kennedy family never paid for their own investigations, either for the national security reason, because remaining members were afraid of ending up like Jack and Bobby, or both. Yet over the years I believe not one family member ever publicly said, "These conspiracy theories are outlandish and the theorists are nuts who need to get a life!" In fact, several have spoken to the contrary, and I think Kennedy's secretary flat-out believed Johnson was behind it.

As far as national security...there were so many screwups by so many supposedly professional or official people on so many levels, there was a lot of covering up their own errors, but how 50 years later that could still be a national security matter when policies have supposedly greatly changed is a good question!

Last edited by Cori aka ChrisSCrush; 09-06-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #123
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elg0rd0
My biggest problem is how much of the official investigation is still classified under national security laws. What national security would be compromised if a lone gunman shooting from a building at the acting president in a convertible limo?

I'm not making a case that Oswald is innocent or guilty. I'm saying why would the investigation, meaning the subtle details, all be classified? And what national security would be breached? Foreign, domestic, military, federal reserve, Vietnam, Cuba, Castro, organized crime? It still baffles me that a lot of information has been redacted by the archives or in some cases misplaced. Under "national security"
These are some valid questions and the sad thing is gov agencies do have the ability to hide details from the public and generally will if they can get away with it. In a case like this I don't see that. The public ultimately will get information when they push so hard for it. The gov has laws in place with how they release and classify information. Usually they do not change these laws or make exceptions without a lot of legal red tape going down. If it makes sense they probably won't listen because a law is a law and it will not be compromised. Being from Dallas I have heard all the tales. The one that makes the most sense to me is a lone wolf psychopath who may or may not had affiliations with political agencies in or outside of the USA. But when you look at the details he just seemed like a punk that no one took seriously and an idiot that wanted to make a name for himself.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:25 AM   #124
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Conspiracy theories about assassinations seem harmless nonsense next to these nuts who believe the July 7 attacks in Britain, the Sandy Hook school shootings, the Orlando nightclub shooting, and other such scenes of mass carnage are put-ons by actors paid to undermine gun ownership rights or any such absolute garbage. No doubt even lunatic opinions are protected by freedom of speech but perhaps this sort of statement if made seriously should be declared a crime, as is holocaust denial in Germany. You can't just claim anything--there are such things as slander and libel.

That being said, I believe at the very least such a mass of mistakes and screwups occurred during and after John F. Kennedy's assassination as to make it look like a coverup, either of a conspiracy or of people trying to downplay their own blunders. I voted yes that Oswald shot Kennedy, as I believe he owned the gun, brought it to the building, fled the building immediately afterwards having somehow left his finger and palm prints all over the gun, was the only employee found to be missing when a head count was made right after the shooting, and he did kill the police officer with another weapon and resisted arrest. It's been demonstrated that the shooting could have been accomplished by a really expert marksman using Oswald's rifle, and why conspiracists would recruit a nut like Oswald (other than as the perfect fall guy) or equip him with one of the crappiest weapons available to accomplish such a major goal are great questions.

It's been said that JFK and his brother RFK's shootings were connected--that Bobby was going to get to the bottom of who was behind Jack's death and so was killed. Recently it's been said that Aristotle Onassis had hated Bobby for at least 15 years and put up the money to have him killed, that Onassis's own daughter knew the money could be traced to him but wanted to believe it went for something else, and when she died the whole investigation was dropped. RFK's shooting was by more than one gunman whether or not it was a conspiracy or simply more than one armed person in the room out to get him. (It's believed Sirhan went to get him but did not fire the fatal bullet, and a security guard who hated Kennedy took advantage of the situation. Many people in the room were filming or taking stills and some of the images have mysteriously disappeared.) The only person shot in the head who appeared dead at scene was a man named Paul Schrade (despite the movie Bobby, it wasn't Elijah Wood). Paul Schrade is in fact still alive and it's been well demonstrated that the person who shot him cannot also have shot Robert Kennedy--Sirhan Sirhan never got far out of the same position and the shots were fired from completely different positions. Also I believe they found more bullets than that gun held, and Sirhan never reloaded.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #125
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Conspiracy theories about assassinations seem harmless nonsense next to these nuts who believe the July 7 attacks in Britain, the Sandy Hook school shootings, the Orlando nightclub shooting, and other such scenes of mass carnage are put-ons by actors paid to undermine gun ownership rights or any such absolute garbage.
Slightly OT, but I have a cousin who believes all of these shootings and attacks are "false flags" perpetuated by the Obama administration to take away guns. And there are a lot of these sick people out there. And that scares the hell out of me.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #126
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Slightly OT, but I have a cousin who believes all of these shootings and attacks are "false flags" perpetuated by the Obama administration to take away guns. And there are a lot of these sick people out there. And that scares the hell out of me.
Well there is absolute proof that paid actors get on tv and pretend to be family members of victims. It just happened again in Orlando. Back to jfk. He was a threat to federal reserve, so was his brother. This is why they were killed. Oswald was working for the CIA as were many people involved with this and that is why you still have certain documents still classified. The Russians exposed years ago that the KGB was on to Oswald as a spy. This isn't a conspiracy theory anymore and anyone would have to be whacky to think Oswald acted alone and was just a crazed nut.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #127
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...122-story.html

JFK wasn't the target...new theory
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:55 PM   #128
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold_OldSchool
That's not new, I heard it years ago, but thanks for bumping up the thread on the anniversary.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #129
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I must be in a hole. I had never heard that theory. It's a very interesting one, to say the least...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #130
plmkr88
Frequent Poster

Conspiracies are always fun to talk about. But a conspiracy of this level is simply IMPOSSIBLE to keep secret and for so long. No way.

It was Oswald and he acted alone. Now whether his real target was JFK or JC that can be another discussion.
plmkr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 PM   #131
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmkr88
Conspiracies are always fun to talk about. But a conspiracy of this level is simply IMPOSSIBLE to keep secret and for so long. No way.

It was Oswald and he acted alone. Now whether his real target was JFK or JC that can be another discussion.
If Oswald was aiming for Connally he picked a heck of a time and was a lousy shot.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #132
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
If Oswald was aiming for Connally he picked a heck of a time and was a lousy shot.
That's the thought that passed through my brain, as crude and morbid as it may be...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #133
Babalu

Oswald - and only Oswald - killed Kennedy because he was a nobody that wanted to be a somebody. And that's the twisted rationale of almost all mass murderers or assassins that pick someone famous to kill. How many of you know that Oswald likely tried to kill someone else well known at the time before he shot Kennedy? Look up General Edwin Walker.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:42 AM   #134
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I've always maintained that if Oswald was a "patsy", he wouldn't have killed JD Tippit.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:37 AM   #135
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I've always maintained that if Oswald was a "patsy", he wouldn't have killed JD Tippit.
oh my that is a point that many conspiracy theorists love to overlook. They will create new dots to trace, but bypass the ones that were already there.

the police were already on his trail that early in the investigation and he kills a cop in defense to escape from his action. For those that are not aware the movie theatre that he was at is not so close to downtown either. IIRC it is easily a 20 min drive today with traffic, but back then may have been faster to navigate. if he were innocent he would have had no reason to kill an officer like that being that far away from the crime scene.

As for Oswald I do think he was trying to make something of himself and chose that strange path. he may have succeeded at killing our president, but he still failed in the sense that so many think he was not capable of carrying out the crime...the irony.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote