Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #76
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

C. I. A. lied about John F. Kennedy's assassination, indicating they had something to hide. Period. End of story. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...robert-blakey/
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #77
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Apparent according to some poll which didn't ask either of us.
I was unaware this was so personal for you.

ETA: I'm also pretty sure this is the first time I've ever 100% agreed with Awsi Dooger on ANY case.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #78
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

The evidence is overwhelming in this case. Oswald acted alone.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #79
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I was unaware this was so personal for you.
I never met him, his wife, or their children, nor am I a relative or close friend--it just irks me to see people be willing participants in having the wool pulled over their eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
ETA: I'm also pretty sure this is the first time I've ever 100% agreed with Awsi Dooger on ANY case.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #80
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
I never met him, his wife, or their children, nor am I a relative or close friend--it just irks me to see people be willing participants in having the wool pulled over their eyes.
Ok. I disagree strongly that any party here is having the wool pulled over their eyes in strongest sense of the word, but I respect your right to your own conclusions.

Quote:
I thought it was pretty funny, too.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #81
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The sad thing is...so many conspiracy theories have been around for so long, people would not believe the simple truth, if it were simple. Also, there are so many silly conspiracy theories now, people would not believe any real ones without a lot of proof, if then. They wouldn't believe the truth either way. I believe the truth is there was a real one, but not as complicated and ridiculous as a lot of what's out there. Jack Ruby deserved some sort of medal for boosting the U. S. economy by shooting Oswald and giving a soapbox to umpteen million nuts--he created a great American industry! (Yes, there are guys set up on the sidewalk in Dealey Plaza to spout these stories!)

Check this one: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50...presidency.ece

"In seconds, carnage erupted in the presidential limousine as the president and Connally were hit by gunfire. Looking at the vice president’s car, Kivett saw the blur of Youngblood’s dark suit as he spun left, grabbed Johnson’s lapels and flung him to the floorboard screaming, “Get down! Get down!” Youngblood lunged at Lady Bird and Yarborough as he climbed over the seat and covered the body of the vice president."

WELL, ****!!! That's a hell of a lot more than anyone did for Kennedy! Notice in the film, the agent in the front seat did not jump over the back of the seat to cover Kennedy after the first two shots--Clint Hill had to literally jump out of another car and run to do that--by which time it was too late. Kennedy's own wife did not push or pull him down to stop his being a target (he couldn't duck himself due to his back brace). They had only seconds, but still.... The agent driving slowed down to look at the worst possible moment, allowing a perfect hit on that third shot--just the worst possible screwups overall--what later came to be known as "a perfect storm."

Many conspiracy theories do not mesh. If several of them were true, there had to be more than one conspiracy going around between more than one group of conspirators at the same time. If Johnson was in on it, then he was obviously not a target. I don't know why Yarborough didn't want to get in the car with Lyndon, other than that I wouldn't relish riding with him either, but that doesn't prove Yarborough knew anything about a possible plot, in fact, that in itself doesn't even prove there was a plot! If there was, too bad Kennedy didn't smell a rat like, "Why don't you want to ride with Lyndon? Is it because you know someone plans to shoot us all?" It would be funny (not funny funny, but funny strange) if Yarborough didn't want to get in the car because he was in on a plot to assassinate both Kennedy and Johnson, then they wouldn't shoot at *that* car because he was in it, so he ended up saving Lyndon's life!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:38 AM   #82
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Newsmax's reairing of JFK Remembered: 50 Years Later not only had Henry Repeating Rifles as a sponsor, but at least twice jumped straight from footage of Kennedy to the rifle commercial! They even did this immediately following a clip of one of his most inspirational speeches! (By the way, his error in this famous 1963 speech near the Berlin Wall was not nearly the blunder legend would have it. Kennedy had meant to say, "Ich bin Berliner" (I am a Berliner). Since nationalities in German are not preceded by articles, Kennedy actually said, "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am one with the people of Berlin). The urban legend that it translates into "I am a jelly donut" is a myth, since the pastry is known in Germany as "pfannkuchen" (pan cake). To see that part, start around the 7:00 mark here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdXXkppRLEc ) Not only were Henry Rifles a sponsor, but so was the National Rifle Association! Guys, that was tacky! If you had to air these commercials at all, you couldn't at least stick them in between others?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 PM   #83
isotope
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Newsmax's reairing of JFK Remembered: 50 Years Later not only had Henry Repeating Rifles as a sponsor, but at least twice jumped straight from footage of Kennedy to the rifle commercial!

That's nothing, Harold Holt, the Australian Prime Minister who drowned while out for a swim in the ocean, had a public swimming pool named in his memory!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_...wimming_Centre

EDIT: Its also worth noting that Holt's drowning disappearance attracted a large number of bizarre theories (the most popular being that he'd been abducted by Chinese spies in minature submarines! ) so its not only JFK's assassination that inspires these types of stories!
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:12 AM   #84
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotope
That's nothing, Harold Holt, the Australian Prime Minister who drowned while out for a swim in the ocean, had a public swimming pool named in his memory!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_...wimming_Centre

EDIT: Its also worth noting that Holt's drowning disappearance attracted a large number of bizarre theories (the most popular being that he'd been abducted by Chinese spies in minature submarines! ) so its not only JFK's assassination that inspires these types of stories!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:10 AM   #85
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

In all seriousness, I prefer the theory in which Lyndon Johnson was involved. CIA station chief and Watergate burglar E. Howard Hunt admitted on his deathbed that he attended a meeting prior to November 22, 1963 at least discussing, if not planning, the assassination. Involved in the plot were CIA Director of Covert Operations in the Western Hemosphere, David Atlee Phillips, and CIA officials Cord Meyer and William King Harvey.

Although I did not make a detailed study of this, I did hear about it, and previously heard that many other Watergate participants were in Dallas that day (some proven, others suspected). There is also film of Nixon joking with an interviewer about LBJ having it done--trying to cast suspicion off himself, perhaps? I know they aren't the most honest people, but why would Hunt tell such a lie?

In his own words (on film), John Connally described turning around to look over his right shoulder after Kennedy was hit in the throat (frontal shot), and was hit by a separate bullet as he turned to face forward. Both he and his wife Nellie insisted to their dying days that Connally was hit by a separate bullet than CE 399. Conclusion: end of magic bullet theory!

For the "official" 50th anniversary observance in Dallas, no one espousing conspiracy theories was invited to the ceremony, despite the fact that the percentage of the population who believe Oswald did not act alone ranges from 70%-90%--depending on which poll and when it was taken--including people who were there!!! The only person who rode in the car (not counting the secret service agent who jumped on after the fatal "third" shot) still alive on the 40th anniversary was Mrs. Connally. She did maintain there were only three shots--according to what she witnessed. The secret service agent in the front seat insisted, would not let himself be bullied down by the Warren Commission, that when the president had four wounds, the governor three, and one of the "three" shots missed, there had to be more than two bullets, period! The only conclusion must be that Kennedy was hit by more than one round at the same time, so that only three shots were heard, total. Now, if at least two or three people who were in the bloody car stated this, you wonder if they would have been invited to the official observance! By the 50th anniversary, everyone who had started out in that car was gone, but the only other person wounded besides Kennedy and Connally was not invited, due in no small part to the allegations made in his book on the case. http://jtague.com/ As it was, the conspiracy "nuts" had to have their own separate observance.

It was the Alex Jones video interview with James Tague where I heard of him being "banned" from the ceremony, but then I found the website about Tague's book http://jtague.com/ and an article stating conspiracy theorists had their own gathering. I can't find that article in my history or by Googling, so I just posted the item about the book and didn't bother with the video interview or any of the print interviews. Tague is far from the first and won't be the last to blame Johnson. Here is one who must be taken seriously, and not simply dismissed: http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/po...-be-dismissed/

The first time I ever heard the "Johnson did it" story was at home, sometime between 1984 and 1997 (sorry, can't be more specific). My parents were discussing a review they'd read of a book blaming Johnson, describing how while everyone else was distracted out of their minds, old Lyndy sat and ate his chicken soup calm as you please. I thought, "Oh, pshaw!" and thought my mom would say the same, but she surprised me by saying, "Well, that makes sense. Johnson had the most to gain." I didn't automatically believe it but was impressed that she seriously considered it.

I remember Johnson's funeral well. I was home from school recovering from the mumps and my dad, obviously no Johnson fan, came home for lunch. He watched the casket being carried and said to my mom, "Now, wouldn't it be a fine thing if they dropped it." Then he turned around to the TV and yelled, "Come on, Lyndy, kick off the lid and yell at 'em!"

Yes, some of the stories are silly. Personally I kinda hope Johnson was guilty because some of my favorite people hated him and so do I.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #86
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

When he finally decided to speak out at the beginning of the 50th anniversary year, Robert Kennedy Jr. leaned more towards mob than political/CIA connections: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ne-gunman?lite I had no idea Robert Sr. ever did any investigation and wonder whether that was a secret until this interview?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #87
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

http://culturecrossfire.com/etc/unso.../#.VH28ksmmXjI

Part two of a look into the JFK murder. This time I explore how many shots were really fired and from where, how many guns were found at the crime scene, Oswald's CIA connections, was an Oswald double running around Dallas setting Lee Harvey up?? and more!!!
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #88
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

If I were going to go with one of the conspiracy theories, it would definitely be "Johnson did it".

This case never interested me that much (I'm not much interested in the Kennedys or assassinations) so I just took the official version as fact. It was a few years ago, when I was reading something very mundane and textbook-like, about the case that I realized Johnson insisted on being sworn in immediately, within just 2 or 3 hours, Jackie still stunned from the whole event standing by him on air force one, and it hit me as being very odd behavior on his part.

By law, he was already the acting president. There was no need for him to be sworn in immediately. Everything could have gone forward in the appropriate manner, get everyone back to DC, hold the state funeral, observe a time of mourning etc, then he could have an official and proper swearing in ceremony.

His explanation of doing it so quickly to present solid leadership to Americans at such a terrible time is a flimsy excuse and that rushed job, having to get it done in Texas (how convenient for him, since he was a Texan), using JFK's prayer book because a bible wasn't available, and all while the body was still warm, looks a bit more than iffy, imo.
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:18 AM   #89
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold_OldSchool
...Oswald's CIA connections, was an Oswald double running around Dallas setting Lee Harvey up?? and more!!!
He'd be an easy guy to set up if so. His attempt on the life of General Walker would have gotten people's attention--in fact, if they knew he did this and that he worked in a building the president would pass right by, why not have him detained until the president passed?
Old 12-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #90
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
If I were going to go with one of the conspiracy theories, it would definitely be "Johnson did it".

This case never interested me that much (I'm not much interested in the Kennedys or assassinations) so I just took the official version as fact. It was a few years ago, when I was reading something very mundane and textbook-like, about the case that I realized Johnson insisted on being sworn in immediately, within just 2 or 3 hours, Jackie still stunned from the whole event standing by him on air force one, and it hit me as being very odd behavior on his part.

By law, he was already the acting president. There was no need for him to be sworn in immediately. Everything could have gone forward in the appropriate manner, get everyone back to DC, hold the state funeral, observe a time of mourning etc, then he could have an official and proper swearing in ceremony.

His explanation of doing it so quickly to present solid leadership to Americans at such a terrible time is a flimsy excuse and that rushed job, having to get it done in Texas (how convenient for him, since he was a Texan), using JFK's prayer book because a bible wasn't available, and all while the body was still warm, looks a bit more than iffy, imo.
If you think that's bad, check this out:

Standing next to a mourning Jackie, LBJ gets a wink and a smile from Congressman Albert Thomas.

Geez, why didn't they just high five?