Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #16
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHybrid
Yes there are many to choose from. I have actually been thinking about this recently. I think the segment about Larry and Debbie Race's boatride that turned drastic ranks up there. The way they were able to film this all in the lake, and the way the actress who played Debbie acted out her part. You get a full idea about just how panic stricken Debbie must have been aboard a boat that was sinking in the middle of a freezing body of water. This segment was done so well you almost feel like you are watching the real thing and not a re-creation. Very suspensful, even though you know how things are going to turn out.
You are absolutely right. I didn't see this segment until about a year ago, and it haunted me for a few days afterward. The actress that played Debbie was AWESOME, although one could make the argument that her performance was a little over the top. Despite that, it was a well-done segment that sticks with you.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #17
angiev
Occasional Poster

Default The best segments of UM

My personal favorite Um segments are of psychic Dorthy Allison, Kathy Hobbs murder, the disapperance of Kerry Lynn Nixon, and the murder of Joyce McClain. Also the very first ones that have never aired with the other hosts. I would love to be able to see those segments again.
angiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:40 PM   #18
synthisislab
Forum Regular

I will have to add the case where Marvin and Sandra Maple abduct their grandchildren, Christy and Bobby Baskin from Murfreesboro, TN. I believe that the Baskins played themselves in the re-enactment scenes, the music is beautiful and the segment makes you feel what ordeal the parents went through. The update was so creepy too, especially the music mixed with the images of the home videos and the age-enhanced composites of the kids.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:14 AM   #19
studster147
Frequent Poster

I think the Tami Lynn Leppert segment was really well done...you got a real sense of how she was losing a grip on reality as she began to fear for her life....the day she "lost it" when she smashed the window with the baseball bat thinking she'd been locked out was very well acted by the girl who played Tami....and the way they did her make-up to give the impression of her taking on a wild, paranoid persona was excellent too....

i also think the UFO segments were very well done...excellent use of computer tricks and special effects to really immerse you in the stories..in particular, the Roswell case, Hudson River Valley, and the Bentwaters case in the UK
studster147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:04 AM   #20
crystaldawn

I totally agree with you studster about Tami Leppert. That scene with her smashing the window with a baseball bat is very memorable!

Another one I'd like to add is one thats talked about very little on here. An older one about Jack Brown the guy from Michigan who was murdered in his office and no one seems to know why. I thought the actual shooting scene was very well done. The cameraman is panning around pretty quickly and there is total chaos and everyone yelling that made it seem very realistic.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #21
U.M. Fanatic
Forum Regular

There's just too many to choose from.

I would agree, though, with the posters who mentioned the I-70 serial killer. It had it all; good acting, terrifying music, and a creepy composite sketch.
U.M. Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:15 AM   #22
oicvah
Occasional Poster

Hmm, how about all of them.
oicvah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
ekpentz
Occasional Poster

The Marie Hilley segment
ekpentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #24
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

There have been a few numerous repeat segments when UM was running on Prime here in Canada.......they'd get recycled about every couple of months and the cycle would start over again with the same cases.

"If we don't know something, then our model of reality is inadequate"

Start making money today:

http://tasks4job.com/?refer=55797

http://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Campbe...8662355&sr=8-5

Plus, follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/greatgarrett2
greatgarrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #25
wiseguy182

One case that sticks out in my mind was the Edward Harold Bell segment. The actresses that played Larry Dickens's sister and the woman whose house was intruded on gave a really good sense of how much hatred they had for him. Plus, the actress that played Larry's mother did a good job of showing how devastated she must have been.

As mentioned before, other well acted moments are Tammy Lynn Lepperts actress smashing the window, and Pat Meehan's actress walking off into the moonlit field. Actually, all of Tammy's paranoid's actions were memorable, there was some great dialouge in that segment:

Tammy (glaring): "What are you looking at?"
Wing Flanagan: "I wasn't looking at anything."

Tammy: "Look out that window and tell me what you see."
Wing Flanagan: "Well, the neighbors got a new van."
Tammy: "Exactly."
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #26
UMfan77

I'd have to go with the segment about Jill and Julie Hansen. The actor that played Donnie Hansen was creepy, especially during the scene when he was being interviewed by the policeman. What really got me is that Julie Hansen survived the fire, but ended up dying in the hospital when an airbubble got into her IV tube & it stopped her heart. So heartbreaking, feel so sorry for the parents.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #27
The Third Man
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
That segment creeps me out. I saw if for the first time when I was 22 or 23 and I was so creeped out I couldn't sleep. I shudder to think of my reaction to it had I seen it at the time it originally aired....
I love that segment for another reason...for Mafouz Haq's actor's angry yell when he stabs Todd in the re-enactment. "YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #28
baton_man
Frequent Poster

I'd say the worst one was the attempted poisoning of the husband by that b*tch who wanted to beef her husband up because he was to small for her fat ass. "That man, he took Jonathon!"

Thats funny.
baton_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:58 AM   #29
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
One case that sticks out in my mind was the Edward Harold Bell segment. The actresses that played Larry Dickens's sister and the woman whose house was intruded on gave a really good sense of how much hatred they had for him. Plus, the actress that played Larry's mother did a good job of showing how devastated she must have been. "
I can't believe I failed to mention this segment has one of the most famous actors that UM has ever had on their show: Matthew McCounagehey. Is it just me, or does he get upstaged by a bunch of unknowns? Not his fault though, he didn't have that many speaking lines.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:46 AM   #30
WishfulDreamer

Definitely Richard's Rampage. The actress who played Colleen Ritter was amazing and it was just really well done.

Son of Sam is a close second for me, but it does have the cheesy moments of Berkowitz leering and the "what took you guys so long?" is pretty hilarious.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote