Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,134
Post Possible confession to murders of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible

It appears as though Jeremy Jones may have confessed to their murder and gave them some fairly specific information as to where their bodies could be found. The search continues but as of yet their bodies have not been found. Here is the link:

www.ktul.com/news/stories/0105/198980.html
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
U.M. Fanatic
Member
Forum Regular
 
U.M. Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 15, 2005
Location: Lowell, NC
Posts: 278
Default

I hope this turn of events leads, at last, to a conclusion to this case. I hope if Jeremy did do it, he doesnt play around, and just tells the police what he did with the girls.
U.M. Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
jeeps
Member
Frequent Poster
 
jeeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 28, 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 70
Default

I say we send him down one of those mine shafts to "look" for the missing girls. The hard way.

jeeps
jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
The_Urban_Prince
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps
I say we send him down one of those mine shafts to "look" for the missing girls. The hard way.

jeeps
lol......i was shocked at the muderous legacy this guy left behind.he's the type of person whom have killed so much he probably doesn't even remember most of them
The_Urban_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
themaninblack
Member
Forum Regular
 
themaninblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 08, 2005
Posts: 522
Default

yep! no wonder they have the man in safe keeping right here in mobile!
i think they have not even yet identified all of the women he may have killed
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 821
Default

This is a really sad case, and I sure hope they someday catch whoever did this. However, I'm not at all convinced that this Jeremy Jones character is the man responsible, though the fact that he lived nearby at the time of the muder/disappearance makes it impossible to rule out. If I'm just going by the story he gave authorities about how he murdered this family, though, I'm thinking he doesn't knoe what he's talking about.

According to the AP account, Jeremy Jones, "after posing as their rescuer," kidnapped Ashley and Laura, and eventually killed them. He evidently claimed that "he went to the Freeman home to confront Danny Freeman about some money he allegedly owed to one of Jones' friends," and that he "went into the unlocked mobile home... [and] he shot Danny and Kathy Freeman and then set a pile of old clothes on fire." Jones told authorities that the "the girls came running out and he said, 'Come on. Let's go get help.'"

That story doesn't make any sense. This was a trailer, not a mansion. Surely the girls would have noticed him barging in and shooting people and then setting a fire before he would have had a chance to leave the trailer. So they couldn't possibly have mistaken him for someone willing to help them. Moreover, even if they hadn't seen him, wouldn't they have been he least bit suspiscious that a dude just happened to be waiting outside in a vehicle waiting for them to come out in the middle of the night, just as the trailer was inexplicably burning to the gorund?

The article goes on to mention that Jones was arrested early the next morning for public intoxication. So he had to drive somewhere and unload the bodies before returning, drunk, only to be arrested on that minor charge? Doesn't seem overly likely to me.
__________________
"You can't say the words that the rock makes you feel like." - Patty Johnson
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular
 
kamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 25, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

My initial thought when I read his "confession" is "Show me the bodies!"
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #8
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular
 
kamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 25, 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Default

Welcome to the board, softenthesilence---you're new aren't you? You are doing a great job contributing and analyzing the cases. Just wanted to say welcome!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

Well, one must remember, the local sheriff's department and Danny Freeman were well known enemies. Danny was very angry and blamed the sheriff's department for his son's death and of course he had threatened to file a civil suit against the sheriff's department for wrongful death.

Needless to say the sheriff's department and the Freeman's were huge enemies at this time they had used intimidation, bogus traffic stops, threats of arrest, various things to get Freeman to not file the suit. It is safe to assume that this suit would have been filed had the Freeman's survived. I am still not beyond believing a member of the sheriff's department could have been involved in this murder.

In terms of the girls, maybe at first it would have been believable that Ashley murdered her parents and took Laura with her. It was well known that Ashley and her father did not get along. However, why kill her mom too? While Ashley and Danny didnt get along very well, it has never even been alleged that Ashley and her mom didnt get along. Also these girls were young teens that had never been in trouble with the law before, so I think had they done this at most they would have lasted a few weeks on the run before turning up.

It could have been drug dealers that did this, Danny was involved in drug dealing and had made enemies there too. I doubt Ashley Freeman or Laura Bible are still alive, my guess is that they were murdered not too long after they disappeared and their bodies disposed of.

But the way that the house was torched, clearly whoever did this, was either trying to give the impression it was a house fire, or they were trying to destroy trace evidence, DNA, hairs, fibers, etc. But then whoever did this killing wanted to make it look like the girls did it? There is just something that I am missing on the case, I will have to research it more.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

Well, I dont know, like I said, the sheriff's department, despite the whole feud with the Freeman's, it is still a long shot that they were behind this, but I do not rule them out. But I do think this effected how they handled the investigation, I believe the sheriff's department under pressure turned the investigation over to outside agencies.

I actually do not agree that this was a random act. I am not saying it is impossible this was random, but I think it is unlikely. The fire obviously destroyed a lot of evidence. However, while it is more likely for parents to kill their children than vice versa, this doesnt hold up as much when the children are the age Ashley and her friend Laura were at the time, Ashley was 16 the day her parents were killed, Laura I believe was 17. While parents have murdered their children that were around this age as well, it is less common than parents murdering smaller children.

I think that whoever did this, knew the Freeman's in some way, shape or form. They might not have been friends, but I just have that feeling this was done by someone the Freeman's or at least by someone that Danny Freeman knew. But then the question still remains, why take the girls and presumably kill them after kidnapping them and sexually assaulting them?

My guess would be the girls were taken to throw the investigators off the trail. Tither that or the person or persons (I believe there most likely was at least 2 if not more individuals involved) were surprised that the girls were there and had just expected Danny and his wife to be home. We do know everyone was alive and well at 9:30 pm, assuming the boyfriend was telling the truth. Was he Laura's boyfriend? Or Ashley's?

This would have been during Christmas vacation from school, so I guess I always found it a little odd how the boyfriend left as early as he did, but then again, 16 year old's, 17 year old's have curfew's so again, maybe not so unusual, it is hard to tell. But to me, the whole random theory, simply doesnt add up.

I just have a hard time believing some people out in rural Oklahoma driving around on December 29th, 1999 in the evening hours decided (hey, lets invade that trailer for seemingly no reason, shoot the parents, kidnap the girls to make it look like they killed the parents).

It is an opinion of mine, whoever did this, staked out the home, that they had been watching the home probably after dark. Perhaps they were waiting for the boyfriend and Laura Bible to leave because their beef wasnt with those two but with the Freeman's, specifically Danny. However they probably were not expecting Laura to stay the night, so when the boyfriend left alone, they probably figured, time to move and they probably did not too long after.

Obviously this happened sometime between 9:30 pm when the boyfriend left and 5:30 am when either a neighbor or a passer by noticed the trailer in flames. Since it was still burning bright, it hadnt been burning for an extremely long time, so, it almost makes me wonder, if this whole murder thing didnt happen until hours after the boyfriend left, probably more likely this happened between the hours of 12 midnight and before 5:30 am. But again this is all my opinion, it is also my opinion that Ashley and Laura were taken away from the scene alive.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #11
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftentheSilence
Again, I believe the fact that Ashley and Laura were not found at the scene proves that this was not a planned hit. Had the sheriff's dept. planned to kill Danny Freeman, then one could assume that they would've killed everyone inside the house and left all of the bodies to burn in the trailer. The fact that Ashley and Laura's bodies were not found at the trailer would lead me to believe that this was a random act done by a random person that was passing through that town. According to what I've read, the Freeman's lived in a remote location that wasn't heavily populated. This means that if the murderers were local, they more than likely would've disposed of the bodies within a close radius of the murders (30 miles or less I'm guessing).

I feel that once the perp(s) realized that there were two teenage girls in the trailer, they decided to abduct them, assault them, kill them, and then bury them in a remote location at least 100 miles away from where the Freeman's lived.
I've bolded some passages above because I think there are some inconsistencies here. If the murders were truly "random," as you suggest, what motivated them? Killing an entire family just for the hell of it? If what you mean by saying the murders were "random" is that a stranger to the family committed them, my guess would be that the girls, were, in fact, the principle targets of the attack. In other words, the killer first stalked out the place, noticing that there was at least one (Ashley) and, when Laura arrived, two teenaged girls in the house, that he could kidnap to use as sexual objects. In order to do this, he needed to kill everyone else inside.

But the way you write it, it sounds like the murderer(s) decided to kill the entire family first, but then, when he/they realized there were young teenage girls present, they then decided to kidnap those two and murder the rest. But, if that's the case, why would they have decided to murder the family in the first place? We know robbery wasn't the motive, since such a large amount of cash belonging to one of the girls was left behind. What other motive could there have been the motive for the random killer(s)? The only way that scenario makes sense to me is if this in fact was a hit after all. In other words, if one or two people were hired or "drafted" to go over there and kill Mr. Freeman and his family, but then decided, before finishing the job, to kidnap the two girls and use them for his (their) own purposes before killing them, somewhere away from the site of the initial attack.

If it was a stranger, i'm sure it was motivated by sexual desire for the two teenaged girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftentheSilence
The only theory I can come up with in terms of the Sheriff's Dept. being guilty is that they purposefully buried the girls' bodies away from the trailer in an attempt to place the blame on the girls'. But again, if this was the case, it would make more sense to do the opposite, by which I mean to leave the girls' bodies at the trailer and hide the parents bodies. It's much more believable to think that parents would kill their children rather than the other way around.
It is? What makes you say that?

My guess, by the way, is that some sexual predator did this whole thing.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #12
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

I dont know, the girls might have been made sexual use of before their presumed murders, but I still in my opinion, do not believe the girls were the primary target although Mozart that is an interesting theory on your part that you think the girls, specifically Ashley was the target and not her parents.

In my opinion the kidnapping of the girls was an after thought, or the arson was an afterthought, while this appears to be well planned by whoever did this, certain things were done to throw investigators off the trail. Like the arson, is why I do not believe this was just some random attack, if it was random, why burn the house? Yes it is probably this was done at least in part to destroy trace evidence and to attempt to cover up evidence of murder, they were probably hoping the authorities would just think it was an accidental fire and let it be at that.

However, who kidnapped the girls, would know that when their bodies were not found that the authorities would probably at least consider that perhaps the girls killed the parents and then fled and burned down the house to cover up the crime.

The only other possibility is that Ashley Freeman for whatever reason did murder her parents. But I consider this to be unlikely, since while she and Danny didnt get along, she didnt have any known major issues with her mom, also if Ashley was going to kill her parents I think she would have done it when there was no company over, Laura by all accounts got along well with her parents and had no reason to flee, so while possible that Ashley killed her parents and then fled with Laura this is in my opinion extremely unlikely and the least likely besides the random break in theory.

Mozart, I was wondering your opinion of my post that was right before yours? It seems you and I share the theory that it was likely that whoever did this, had been staking out the Freeman home the night this happened and had probably spent hours watching it and had planned this for sometime.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:08 AM   #13
Huskerz85
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2006
Location: Westeros
Posts: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Mozart, I was wondering your opinion of my post that was right before yours? It seems you and I share the theory that it was likely that whoever did this, had been staking out the Freeman home the night this happened and had probably spent hours watching it and had planned this for sometime.
I agree completely with your theory too......someone who had a beef with Danny Freeman had been planning some kind of hit on him and was about to execute it on the night in question, but didn't expect/plan for Ashley and Lauria to be there.

They were kidnapped as an afterthought.....but as for why the fire and everything was set the way it was.....I feel it was just to cover up the crime/destroy any physical evidence traces (as well as generally confuse the investigators).

Generally noone but absolute professionals have the right balls-to-brains ratio to pull off something like this and leave no traces.......
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #14
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Mozart, I was wondering your opinion of my post that was right before yours? It seems you and I share the theory that it was likely that whoever did this, had been staking out the Freeman home the night this happened and had probably spent hours watching it and had planned this for sometime.
Yes, I agree that the likelihood is that someone targeted the place (because of the girls), stalked it out for awhile, then picked a moment to strike after planning it for some time.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
Coffeeface
Coffeeface
Frequent Poster
 
Coffeeface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 30, 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 41
Default

Yep, I always thought that about this case. I didn't really think the cops had anything to do with it. Just my opinion. Oh, the link to the news report doesn't work?
__________________

"Never, never doubt what no one is sure about." -Wily Wonka
Coffeeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.