Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > Chicago P.D.

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 PM   #1
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious
Forum Veteran

Thumbs down Sophia Bush is Leaving Chicago PD

Boo! Lindsey was the best part of the show. I might be dropping it now.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/sophia-b...bc-1202102554/
catsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Dick Wolf Says Sophia Bush "Wanted to Leave" "Chicago P.D."
by Vlada Gelman
August 3, 2017

Dick Wolf is speaking out for the first time since it was revealed that "Chicago P.D." star Sophia Bush is exiting the NBC drama after four seasons.

“She wanted to leave,” Wolf told reporters at the Television Critics Association summer press tour on Thursday. As for how the show will bounce back after losing one of its original cast members, “I don’t think it will have any effect at all,” Wolf said.

(Bush has not commented about her decision to leave the series.)

http://tvline.com/2017/08/03/sophia-...-erin-lindsay/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Celebrity

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2017/OCTOBER.html

205. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/18 **#5**
It will be interesting to see if this A-/B+ list mostly television actress who walked away from a hit network show (not NCIS) with multiple spinoffs shares with fans her drug abuse and mental health issues that caused her to leave the show. Sophia Bush ("Chicago P.D.")

Last edited by TMC; 10-21-2017 at 07:54 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Sophia Bush Breaks Silence on "Chicago P.D." Exit: "I Left Because I Wanted To"
by Ryan Schwartz
October 21, 2017

Sophia Bush is finally weighing in on her abrupt exit from "Chicago P.D.", confirming on social media that it was in fact her decision to leave the #OneChicago family.

Responding to a comment made on an Instagram post touting her new pilot deal, Bush strikes down the idea that the decision to leave the NBC procedural was made for her. She also insinuates that she decided to leave long before her final appearance last spring.

“Took me a long time and a lot of hard work to get out of that show,” the actress said. “I left because I wanted to. End of story.”

http://tvline.com/2017/10/21/sophia-...ndsay-leaving/
Old 11-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Chicago P.D." Star Jason Beghe Investigated for "Anger Issues"
by Debra Birnbaum and Daniel Holloway
Nov. 21, 2017

Jason Beghe, the star of NBC’s "Chicago P.D.", has been investigated for ongoing anger management issues.

NBC launched the investigation after learning last year that there were multiple complaints about Beghe’s behavior on set, with cast and crew complaining about anger issues, volatile behavior, and offensive comments, sources tell Variety.

“People felt disrespected, he yelled a tremendous amount, he had a quick fuse and when it was set off it was unpleasant for everyone around him,” says a source.

The issues was brought to NBCUniversal human resources, a formal complaint was filed, and an investigation were launched. As a result of that, Beghe faced consequences that included written reprimands in his file. He was assigned a coach to help him deal with his anger management issues.

Sources tell Variety that there’s been “significant improvement” as a result of the coaching, and no complaints have been filed in the past six months. “The environment has improved drastically,” says a source.

Sources tell Variety that his behavior played into Sophia Bush’s decision to leave the show. “She’s been trying to get out of the show for a long time,” says a source close to the show, “but she ultimately left of her own accord.”

Bush left the show at the end of its fourth season, posting on Instagram that she left because she wanted to.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/chic...es-1202621197/
Old 12-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Sophia Bush Says Being on "Chicago P.D." was like Being "Trapped in a Burning Building"
by Lindsay MacDonald
Dec 18, 2017

"Chicago P.D." star Sophia Bush has opened up about her decision to leave and why staying attached to it would have been unbearable for her.

According to Bush, even though snagging the lead role in a TV show was pretty much her dream, she knew by the end of Season 2 she couldn't keep doing that job. It took her another year to finally sit down and have the talk about leaving though.

"A year later, when I sat my bosses down — it was in the summer between seasons 3 and 4 — and I said, 'Here's where we are. Here's everything you're aware of. Here's how I'm coming to you today,'" Bush told Refinery 29. "'If something really drastic doesn't change, I'm leaving at the end of the year'..."

That's a pretty big move for a female lead to make, and Bush knew she had to go about it exactly the right way because of stigmas within the industry about female actors. Basically, she knew she'd be called a diva and labeled "difficult to work with" if she didn't go about having this discussion in a calm and collected manner.

"I understand how the business works and how women are treated — I said, 'I'm giving you not two weeks notice and I'm not coming in here throwing s*** and breaking lamps and saying I'm never coming back,'" Bush says.

"'I'm giving you 23 episodes notice. I'm giving you that much time. So there will be no conversation in which I was hysterical, emotional, in which I was being a quote irrational female or whatever you want to put on it. I'm literally sitting in front of you, like, cool as a cucumber. If this has to be, like, a big swinging d*** competition, I promise you I will win. But know this now: if we're not having a very different conversation by Christmas, then you know with 100 percent certainty in December that come the end of April, I'm leaving.'"

Bush is still keeping quiet about the details of what was going wrong behind the scenes and with who, but it's more than clear something pretty huge was happening to make her situation unbearable. "For me it felt like I was trapped in a burning building," Bush says. "I was just so unhappy and it was my dream job and I was miserable and I had to go."

Now that she's been freed from her contract with "Chicago P.D.", Bush has signed an overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV, which obligates her to star in an upcoming pilot, but also offers her the ability to develop additional projects as an executive producer.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/sophia-b...icago-pd-exit/
Old 12-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Sophia Bush Says Being on "Chicago P.D." was like Being "Trapped in a Burning Building"
by Lindsay MacDonald
Dec 18, 2017

"Chicago P.D." star Sophia Bush has opened up about her decision to leave and why staying attached to it would have been unbearable for her.

According to Bush, even though snagging the lead role in a TV show was pretty much her dream, she knew by the end of Season 2 she couldn't keep doing that job. It took her another year to finally sit down and have the talk about leaving though.

"A year later, when I sat my bosses down — it was in the summer between seasons 3 and 4 — and I said, 'Here's where we are. Here's everything you're aware of. Here's how I'm coming to you today,'" Bush told Refinery 29. "'If something really drastic doesn't change, I'm leaving at the end of the year'..."

That's a pretty big move for a female lead to make, and Bush knew she had to go about it exactly the right way because of stigmas within the industry about female actors. Basically, she knew she'd be called a diva and labeled "difficult to work with" if she didn't go about having this discussion in a calm and collected manner.

"I understand how the business works and how women are treated — I said, 'I'm giving you not two weeks notice and I'm not coming in here throwing s*** and breaking lamps and saying I'm never coming back,'" Bush says.

"'I'm giving you 23 episodes notice. I'm giving you that much time. So there will be no conversation in which I was hysterical, emotional, in which I was being a quote irrational female or whatever you want to put on it. I'm literally sitting in front of you, like, cool as a cucumber. If this has to be, like, a big swinging d*** competition, I promise you I will win. But know this now: if we're not having a very different conversation by Christmas, then you know with 100 percent certainty in December that come the end of April, I'm leaving.'"

Bush is still keeping quiet about the details of what was going wrong behind the scenes and with who, but it's more than clear something pretty huge was happening to make her situation unbearable. "For me it felt like I was trapped in a burning building," Bush says. "I was just so unhappy and it was my dream job and I was miserable and I had to go."

Now that she's been freed from her contract with "Chicago P.D.", Bush has signed an overall deal with 20th Century Fox TV, which obligates her to star in an upcoming pilot, but also offers her the ability to develop additional projects as an executive producer.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/sophia-b...icago-pd-exit/
the show just has mot been the same sience she left it really seemes to suffer from dull storylines and a lack of focus now
70s show watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #8
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Sophia Bush Opens Up About Her Decision to Quit Chicago P.D.: 'My Body Was Falling Apart'

Quote:
Sophia Bush is opening up about the shocking reason she left NBC’s Chicago PD.

On Dax Shepard’s Armchair Expert podcast on Monday, the actress revealed that after visiting Onsite, a retreat full of therapeutic and personal growth workshops, she had an epiphany.

“I realized that as I was thinking I was like being the tough guy, doing the thing, showing up to work, I programmed myself to tolerate the intolerable,” Bush, 36, said of her time on the NBC drama. “Part of the big break for me in saying, ‘No. I don’t necessarily know what it is, but I know that what’s happening is not good for me and everything has to change.’ That was a big cut off point when I quit my job.”

“I quit because, what I’ve learned is I’ve been so programmed to be a good girl and to be a work horse and be a tug boat that I have always prioritized tugging the ship for the crew, for the show, for the group, ahead of my own health. The reality was that my body was, like, falling apart, because I was really, really unhappy,” she added.

At the conclusion of season 4 finale in May 2017, Bush — who starred as Detective Erin Lindsay — left the series “because I wanted to. End of story,” she replied to an Instagram user in October.

“I don’t have to give everyone the specific breakdown of exactly why I left until I’m ready to do that. But, the overarching theme for me was that I landed my dream job. I landed this job that, since I was 20 years old and trying to become an actor, I said I wanted. And aspects of it, don’t get me wrong, were wonderful. But … I knew by the end of the second season I couldn’t do that job anymore,” Bush, 35, told Refinery 29’s editor-in-chief Christene Barberich on the UnStyled podcast.

While Bush told Shepard there were “aspects of [the show] that I loved,” she said the work conditions, including getting sick in the cold Chicago weather — were not acceptable.

“I internalized and sort of like, inhabited that role of ‘pull the tug boat’ to the point where just because I’m unhappy or I’m being mistreated or I’m being abused at work, I’m not gonna f— up this job for all these people and what about the camera guy whose two daughters I love and this is how he pays their rent? It becomes such a big thing,” she said. “When your bosses tell you that if you raise a ruckus, you’ll cost everyone their job, you believe them.”

Bush, who had signed a seven-year contract at the beginning of the show, said that she notified her bosses of the issues between seasons 3 and 4 but was “told to stop.”

“I said, ‘Okay, you can put me in the position of going quietly of my own accord or you can put me in the position of suing the network to get me out of my deal and I’ll write an op-ed for The New York Times and tell them why,’ ” she said.

Bush then found out her complaints had been “hidden” from former NBC president Jennifer Salke. (She claimed Salke later reached out to Bush saying, “We would never try to make you stay.”). “That I really appreciated.” said Bush.

“I work really hard. I know I have a good reputation. I am not a difficult person to work with,” she said. “Nearing my tenure there, I was probably difficult to be around because I was in so much pain and I felt so ignored.”

PEOPLE is out to NBC for comment.

It’s not the first time Bush has spoken out about poor work conditions. In November 2017, One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwan was accused of sexual harassment and physical and emotional manipulation by 18 female cast and crew members who worked on the hit CW show — including Bush.

“You’ve had 13 years of work experience that have been a bit of pattern,” Shepard asked Bush. “How are you going forward?”

“Our experience on One Tree Hill was unpleasant, but our boss who was a bad dude lived in L.A.,” she said. “Eighty percent of the time we were on set loving our experience and each other and then he would come to town and it’d be like watch out for f—ing Handsy-McHandsy over there. There was a lot that was inappropriate but it wasn’t all the time…it wasn’t the same.”

“One was like, a guy who we’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s back.’ And one was a consistent onslaught barrage of abusive behavior,” she added. “You start to lose your way when someone assaults you in a room full of people and everyone literally looks away, looks at the floor, looks at the ceiling, and you’re the one woman in the room and every man who’s twice your size doesn’t do something you go, ‘Oh that wasn’t worth defending? I’m not worth defending?'”

Schwahn has never spoken about any of the allegations.

Sophia Bush Opens Up About Her Decision to Quit Chicago P.D.: 'My Body Was Falling Apart'
Sophia Bush recalls "a consistent onslaught barrage of abusive behavior" while working in Chicago P.D.

The explained to Dax Shepard on his Armchair Expert podcast why she quit the NBC drama. “I realized that as I was thinking I was being the tough guy, doing the thing, showing up to work, I programmed myself to tolerate the intolerable,” Bush said. “I quit because, what I’ve learned is I’ve been so programmed to be a good girl and to be a work horse and be a tug boat that I have always prioritized tugging the ship for the crew, for the show, for the group, ahead of my own health … My body was, like, falling apart, because I was really, really unhappy.”

Last edited by TMC; 12-11-2018 at 03:46 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote