Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #151
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

To clear up a few things...the FBI questioned Oswald a month or so BEFORE the assassination! His wife said these agents took him out and interrogated him for hours, and she was very put out as dinner got cold.

So were these agents (or whoever) trying to warn him not to do anything bad, or recruit him to do something bad? Has anyone tried to learn through the Freedom of Information Act or anything, whether they really even were FBI agents, or perhaps from some agency who wanted Kennedy dead? If whoever did this suspected Oswald was a threat, and did not want Kennedy dead, WHY did they not make some excuse to detain Oswald when Kennedy was in Dallas, or watch him every minute?

Plus if anyone else was in the sniper's nest on the 6th floor of the School Book Depository, someone did a hell of a frame-up on Oswald, as he worked there, the gun was his, someone he rode with saw him taking something he said was curtain rods into the building which later proved to be the gun, and he left the building so fast immediately after the shooting he almost ran into a reporter running in to ask to use the phone! It's been proven over and over and over again that an expert marksman could make those shots from that position, and most if not all other positions have been ruled out--if you don't believe the stories about evidence of a front entry wound being concealed. Oswald was DEFINITELY involved...I just don't get the bit about the supposed FBI agents. Were they telling him, "We're on to you, commie, so don't try anything?" and then the cover-up was them and others trying to cover their own ass for having screwed up and not just detained Oswald, or did someone actually aid, abet, and recruit him, and if so who?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #152
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
To clear up a few things...the FBI questioned Oswald a month or so BEFORE the assassination! His wife said these agents took him out and interrogated him for hours, and she was very put out as dinner got cold.

So were these agents (or whoever) trying to warn him not to do anything bad, or recruit him to do something bad? Has anyone tried to learn through the Freedom of Information Act or anything, whether they really even were FBI agents, or perhaps from some agency who wanted Kennedy dead? If whoever did this suspected Oswald was a threat, and did not want Kennedy dead, WHY did they not make some excuse to detain Oswald when Kennedy was in Dallas, or watch him every minute?

Plus if anyone else was in the sniper's nest on the 6th floor of the School Book Depository, someone did a hell of a frame-up on Oswald, as he worked there, the gun was his, someone he rode with saw him taking something he said was curtain rods into the building which later proved to be the gun, and he left the building so fast immediately after the shooting he almost ran into a reporter running in to ask to use the phone! It's been proven over and over and over again that an expert marksman could make those shots from that position, and most if not all other positions have been ruled out--if you don't believe the stories about evidence of a front entry wound being concealed. Oswald was DEFINITELY involved...I just don't get the bit about the supposed FBI agents. Were they telling him, "We're on to you, commie, so don't try anything?" and then the cover-up was them and others trying to cover their own ass for having screwed up and not just detained Oswald, or did someone actually aid, abet, and recruit him, and if so who?
From what Ive seen and heard for years is that the FBI were Monday morning qbd over this for years. Of corse they should have held a full court press on LHO in hindsight. Just as they and other agencies should of seen 911 coming but did not prevent that either. I think if they covered anything it was to save their face over the fact that they had a psychopath on their radar and underestimated him to the point that he was able to kill a president. In order to protect future presidents maybe they made changes to their security practices and did/do not care to share all of the weaknesses that existed thereof.

For me this is the most open and shut conspiracy case in American history based on LHOs actions before during and after the shootings. Yes remember he killed a dallas cop later in oak cliff area while he tried to escape. One fact theorists always leave off their sales presentation.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:10 PM   #153
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

I’m with the Warren Commission on all this, but I understand why people have a hard time accepting that Oswald acted alone. It seems inconceivable that the handsome well-educated scion of wealthy family, currently serving as the most powerful man in the world, gets taken out by a total loser Mama’s boy who failed at everything he tried, except assassinating the president, unfortunately.

Thing is, a survey of presidential assassins shows that Oswald was hardly an anomaly. Pretty much all of them were complete and total losers who had a stroke of good luck at the worst possible moment.

Pretty much the only exception to this rule is John Wilkes Booth, who had been making a successful living as an actor before killing Lincoln. Of course, Booth did act all put upon when people called him cowardly. Because there’s nothing cowardly about shooting an unarmed man in the head while he’s enjoying a comedy.

You kind of shake your head that it took them until McKinley before people were like, “Maybe we should have some form of security to protect the president so he can’t get taken out by any idiot off the streets.”
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #154
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
From what Ive seen and heard for years is that the FBI were Monday morning qbd over this for years. Of corse they should have held a full court press on LHO in hindsight. Just as they and other agencies should of seen 911 coming but did not prevent that either. I think if they covered anything it was to save their face over the fact that they had a psychopath on their radar and underestimated him to the point that he was able to kill a president. In order to protect future presidents maybe they made changes to their security practices and did/do not care to share all of the weaknesses that existed thereof.

For me this is the most open and shut conspiracy case in American history based on LHOs actions before during and after the shootings. Yes remember he killed a dallas cop later in oak cliff area while he tried to escape. One fact theorists always leave off their sales presentation.
Thanks for clearing that up about the FBI.

Regarding 9/11, I've seen Bill Clinton blamed--that all the distraction over his antics drew attention away from serious matters--even though he was not president at the time. Ummm, isn't it someone's job to monitor suspicious activities...such as, oh, I dunno, a whole bunch of Middle Eastern guys taking flight lessons and NOT ONE OF THEM asking how to land? My sister knew someone who knew someone who ALWAYS piloted, I believe, that Boston flight, and was NEVER late! On the VERY DAY OF SEPTEMBER 11, he was prevented by some delay, one of these impostor pilots stepped up and was immediately ushered to the cockpit so the flight wouldn't be delayed! No storming with box cutters needed!

Not to mention I hate the Bushes as much as anyone, but loved how so many blamed the one who was president because, while receiving reports, he continued reading a story to a second grade class. I liked the cartoon showing what he should have done was yell, "Forget about the story, kids, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" showing hysterical kids running screaming. Now that, I liked!

Also recently I saw some conspiracy nut slandering Officer Tippit, basically implicating him in the assassination. That, I did not like. People watch too damn many political thrillers and then churn out crap theories! My uncle was almost this bad--said Oswald knew of the plot, was trying to warn Kennedy, and then was made the patsy for the real culprits!

BTW, Pearl Harbor was Monday morning quarterbacked the same way for decades. One guy spotted a blip on the radar and notified another guy, who, knowing they were expecting a shipment of planes, said, "Don't worry about it." Famous last words, and the guy who uttered them drew the most flak, but many years later someone interviewed the first guy who was also blamed--if he had only told the second guy the number of planes, the second guy would have known they barely even owned 50 planes and certainly were expecting no such delivery, and the whole disaster could have been averted! The second guy explained it was only his second day on the job, he was alone, and all he knew was that radar blip was the largest thing he had ever seen--he had no idea what number of planes it might represent! Both these guys lived to be over 90 and were subjected to public ridicule and torture to their dying day! This despite the fact that a mini sub was caught in the harbor that morning, and by the time anyone was told they were being plastered with bombs and it was like, "We noticed."

One conspiracy I DO BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY, and HAVE FOR A GOOD YEAR AT LEAST, is that a "shadow government" was put in place at least by the time of the death of Franklin D. Roosevelt if not earlier. Eisenhower was the last president allowed any authority, and Nixon knew some things due to having been his vice president, but particularly after Kennedy was shot Nixon knew enough to keep his trap shut, at least on certain subjects, to avoid the same fate. I don't know if this necessarily means a conspiracy in killing Kennedy, who supposedly stepped out of line, threatening this shadow government--is it possible to believe two opposite things at once? It could be merely they let it be known that THEY, not the president, were running things--like that Mafia guy saying he had Mario Lanza killed for crossing him--and had Lanza's family, friends, and others believing it--when Lanza really likely suffered a heart attack. Anyway, the proof is in the pudding--the "Mad Hatter" isn't capable of running a drunken wet swimsuit contest, let alone any country, and we're still here, so someone else is pulling the strings! (If you don't believe Nixon was also mentally unstable, look up the Daniel Ellsberg tapes.)
Old 06-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #155
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Either the CIA actually did it, or they hit the jackpot by sending Kennedy to a state where he was despised full of nuts with guns and one got him and saved them the trouble.

roswellbooks.com/museum/?page_id=268
Old 06-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #156
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush View Post
Either the CIA actually did it, or they hit the jackpot by sending Kennedy to a state where he was despised full of nuts with guns and one got him and saved them the trouble.

roswellbooks.com/museum/?page_id=268
I take issue with that statement. the person that killed him was a nut. His name was Lee Harvey Oswald. Although he moved to Texas I don't even know that he was native to our state. It's not a proper statement to throw an entire state into the equation and call them full of nuts with guns. Just my opinion, but conspiracy theories and garbage media outlets that often never cite proper sources have perverted our opinions on topics such as this. especially with JFKs murder, but it could be applied to anything else these days.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #157
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
I take issue with that statement. the person that killed him was a nut. His name was Lee Harvey Oswald. Although he moved to Texas I don't even know that he was native to our state. It's not a proper statement to throw an entire state into the equation and call them full of nuts with guns. Just my opinion, but conspiracy theories and garbage media outlets that often never cite proper sources have perverted our opinions on topics such as this. especially with JFKs murder, but it could be applied to anything else these days.
Many Texans welcomed and approved of JFK*, but many did not and made it known, especially in Dallas. Whether the CIA, Lyndon Johnson, or whoever else was behind it, Kennedy was encouraged to visit the place where he was most hated. If Oswald (nut with a gun) acted alone, everyone who worked to set Kennedy up hit the jackpot. One wonders if Jack Ruby also acted alone or was sent by others to silence Oswald, if Oswald in fact actually knew anything.

*A relative of mine was set to see him in Austin but of course he never made it that far.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:00 AM   #158
plmkr88
Frequent Poster

No conspiracy.

Oswald acted alone.

If there was some big conspiracy or government cover up someone woulda talked. If there legit was something there, an ambitious journalist woulda found it and made a name for himself. Sometimes people just dont wana believe something so tragic and awful can be committed by one man alone.
plmkr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #159
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

E. Howard Hunt implicated LBJ but this article doesn't mention the aliens.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-hunt-20070405

This page goes into great detail, including the aliens. He should have left the aliens alone and he might have been left alone.

http://www.ufoconspiracy.com/reports...jdirective.htm
Old 07-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #160
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmkr88 View Post
No conspiracy.

Oswald acted alone.

If there was some big conspiracy or government cover up someone woulda talked. If there legit was something there, an ambitious journalist woulda found it and made a name for himself. Sometimes people just dont wana believe something so tragic and awful can be committed by one man alone.
You see it with so many cases, nearly always the most obvious answer is the reality. It only takes one racist, right wing nut to assassinate a president in a theatre. It only takes one mentally unbalanced Russian defector to kill a president in an open-top motorcade. It only takes a handful of fanatics to hijack planes & fly them into a building killing thousands of people. Most people cannot accept there doesn't need to be anything other than lax security/bad decision making from establishments, governments & leaders & one or a few determined lunatics to cause chaos.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #161
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
You see it with so many cases, nearly always the most obvious answer is the reality. It only takes one racist, right wing nut to assassinate a president in a theatre. It only takes one mentally unbalanced Russian defector to kill a president in an open-top motorcade. It only takes a handful of fanatics to hijack planes & fly them into a building killing thousands of people. Most people cannot accept there doesn't need to be anything other than lax security/bad decision making from establishments, governments & leaders & one or a few determined lunatics to cause chaos.
Absolutely cannot agree more! The part so many people fail to acknowledge is that Lee Harvey Oswald after fleeing the scene, murdered a Dallas police officer who tried to apprehend him. To this day a radio DJ in Dallas tells the story of his classmate finding out that his father(this police officer) died that day.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:02 PM   #162
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Hard to explain that away. Not the actions of an innocent man.

Incidentally not trying to be argumentative here. The JFK assassination is one of those cases where I literally run the gamut from one end to the other of possibilities and am almost able to convince myself of several contradictory scenarios at once. I still believe even if Oswald acted alone, the CIA and others would have got President Kennedy anyway. As for his brother Robert F. Kennedy, good gravy, all those people saying if he'd gone out the other exit or not stopped to greet the busboy he would have lived. Bulloney! They had every possible exit covered unless he'd climbed out a window, and maybe even then! Definitely either a conspiracy or a whole bunch of separate guys in the same place at the same time with the same idea.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:42 AM   #163
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmkr88 View Post
No conspiracy.

Oswald acted alone.

If it was so open and shut, I reckon the government wouldn't still be covering things up. There is a lot of info out there suggesting there's more to the story than the lone nut.
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #164
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush View Post
Hard to explain that away. Not the actions of an innocent man.

Incidentally not trying to be argumentative here. The JFK assassination is one of those cases where I literally run the gamut from one end to the other of possibilities and am almost able to convince myself of several contradictory scenarios at once. I still believe even if Oswald acted alone, the CIA and others would have got President Kennedy anyway. As for his brother Robert F. Kennedy, good gravy, all those people saying if he'd gone out the other exit or not stopped to greet the busboy he would have lived. Bulloney! They had every possible exit covered unless he'd climbed out a window, and maybe even then! Definitely either a conspiracy or a whole bunch of separate guys in the same place at the same time with the same idea.
I don't know as much about the RFK murder to be fair so I won't really speak to it. Being from dallas the JFK murder is a historic event that happened in my hometown. Many of us regardless of political affiliation were hurt by it and I wasn't even alive when it happened, but hearing so many first hand stories are incredible.

I think UM and other documentaries show us that with public figures there are always conspiracies. We are not ok with our famous celebrities being mortal. the fact is JamesT hit the nail on the head with this one for me.