Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #31
James T

I think most people armed with a gun would intervene on a couple of guys about to murder a woman with a machete, or even just roughing her up. A lot of people would intervene even if they were unarmed at risk to themselves. If this is true which I highly doubt then he is as bad as the murderers for his cowardly non-actions & he couldn't even be bothered to call the cops back again or present himself to them after an international appeal. I think it was most likely the accomplice who felt bad after the event & wanted her body to be found for her families sake.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:37 PM   #32
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
I think most people armed with a gun would intervene on a couple of guys about to murder a woman with a machete, or even just roughing her up. A lot of people would intervene even if they were unarmed at risk to themselves. If this is true which I highly doubt then he is as bad as the murderers for his cowardly non-actions & he couldn't even be bothered to call the cops back again or present himself to them after an international appeal. I think it was most likely the accomplice who felt bad after the event & wanted her body to be found for her families sake.
I don't think that him cowering in fear makes him as bad as a murderer.

In a perfect world all people would intervene, but we know that does not happen. We can try to make sense of it...and that's where I agree it does not make sense when we are looking back at what he didn't do. until you are faced with fight or flight you never know what will happen in the heat of the moment.

As far as international appeal for the witness to come forward....it is possible the man never heard of the UM segment or the appeals for him to call the police again. I would also add that if he indeed were involved it would not make sense for him to call the police in the first place especially if he had knowledge of the circumstances.... because without his call the crime may have never been discovered and she could very well still be a missing person.

He did not speak english, he was illegally hunting, he may have had other reasons to fear law enforcement for whatever reason. Look at the bird road rapist case in the same area where an innocent man was railroaded for a crime when he cooperated with police. I am not trying to engage in stereotypes, but there are reasons that immigrants in America fear law enforcement and have problems trusting their local government agencies. I truly wish it could be better, but I do not see that much has changed in that regard in the last 25 years since this segment aired.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #33
MOneek
Occasional Poster

Why am i here again? It just baffles me that not one soul has come forward with this incident. Most likely the caller “Antonio” was FAKE. The name Ricardito was FAKE . How many ppl is named RICARDITO? originally I assumed Rebecca was Spanish and not black. Clearly she was clearly an African American girl. That boyfriend/pimp here the heck is he? How come he was dismissed as a suspect? She was 21 yrs old and didn’t seem like the type to be into drugs and prostitution in her own she was definitely pimped. So what’s the purpose of the pimp? Smh Rebecca died for this pimp.If she did rob someone for their drugs she surely doesn’t seem like she would’ve did this alone. He forced her into doing that and she paid the price for it while his coward behind his or ran. She should’ve never been away from her pimp. I’m sure her “pimp boyfriend” had other women he pimped that knew Rebecca. I truly believe that the call from this Antonio was meant to throw off the investigation and or the person was an accomplice and felt bad so he reported her body so that her family could find her. There is no Ricardito and I say go back to the boyfriend/pimp. Sometimes I truly wonder how these so call investigators get their jobs. This is a job to always take serious, there is no down time.you can’t ever just treat this like a job. If it’s not a passion, they shouldnt be working that department. End of story . Floridians aren’t that bright anyway. Ive recently moved here from Indiana, if it wasn’t for my job, I’d run for my life before my brain becomes stuck on stupid like these ppl.
MOneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #34
MOneek
Occasional Poster

Sorry for any typos in my original post.
I haven’t figured out how to edit posts yet. Smh
Old 06-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #35
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOneek View Post
Sorry for any typos in my original post.
I haven’t figured out how to edit posts yet. Smh
You’re fine. Welcome! We appreciate your thoughts!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #36
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Why am i here again? It just baffles me that not one soul has come forward with this incident. Most likely the caller “Antonio” was FAKE. The name Ricardito was FAKE . How many ppl is named RICARDITO? originally I assumed Rebecca was Spanish and not black. Clearly she was clearly an African American girl. That boyfriend/pimp here the heck is he? How come he was dismissed as a suspect? She was 21 yrs old and didn’t seem like the type to be into drugs and prostitution in her own she was definitely pimped. So what’s the purpose of the pimp? Smh Rebecca died for this pimp.If she did rob someone for their drugs she surely doesn’t seem like she would’ve did this alone. He forced her into doing that and she paid the price for it while his coward behind his or ran. She should’ve never been away from her pimp. I’m sure her “pimp boyfriend” had other women he pimped that knew Rebecca. I truly believe that the call from this Antonio was meant to throw off the investigation and or the person was an accomplice and felt bad so he reported her body so that her family could find her. There is no Ricardito and I say go back to the boyfriend/pimp. Sometimes I truly wonder how these so call investigators get their jobs. This is a job to always take serious, there is no down time.you can’t ever just treat this like a job. If it’s not a passion, they shouldnt be working that department. End of story . Floridians aren’t that bright anyway. Ive recently moved here from Indiana, if it wasn’t for my job, I’d run for my life before my brain becomes stuck on stupid like these ppl.
Miami is a unique place. It is unlike anywhere else in America that I have been to. It is culturally diverse, but especially amongst Hispanic culture. they are all very different from one another in spite of speaking the same language. It would be comparable for American to go to the UK or Australia and try carrying on a conversation with someone without running into language barriers and major cultural differences...or the same if you are just trying to listen to a conversation.

I know a lot of bright people from Florida personally that I work with. I will add that Ricardito is likely not someone's given name. In the Hispanic culture(especially among Mexican) they often add "ito/ita" to the end of someone's name as a slang often used for a term of endearment. Often they simply add it to someone's name or they call them something else as a nickname. Mexico's most famous footballer...his name is Javier Hernandez. No one calls him that. His nickname is "Chicharito" and that is what he is known as even in England where he plays.

I think for Rebecca Young this is a very sad case. The caller could have been involved, but lets not also discount the fact that he could have been exactly what he said he was...a bystander that did a noble deed by helping authorities find her body so that there could be some closure. without that call she may have never been found. I really hope this case gets solved especially due to the fact that investigators claimed to have a suspect.

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 06-30-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #37
MOneek
Occasional Poster

Don’t take my statement about Floridians too serious.
I’m in North Florida, close to Georgia where these ppl are like a decade behind in everything. Very slow handling business . Being from Indiana,I guess I should’ve taken a job in south Florida lol
I hope this case gets solved too
I understand your point but we’ve been assuming for yrs that “Antonio” was who he said he was and have gotten nowhere. I’m just trying to think differently in 2018 .
So what do you think about the boyfriend /pimp??
Old 07-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #38
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
I think most people armed with a gun would intervene on a couple of guys about to murder a woman with a machete, or even just roughing her up. A lot of people would intervene even if they were unarmed at risk to themselves.
Just like in Kitty Genovese's case, in which everyone around in the neighborhood could see the attack going on from their window and the assailant return to the crime scene to attack her again and again? When the could have hear her screams right there on the street, begging for someone to help, and no one even called the police? It's not like they were all under any personal threat...

Just like in Cheryl Araujo's case, in which she was being gang-raped on a bar pool table in front of a room full of seated patrons having a bear who did not lift a finger to intervene? It's not like 10 drunken guys jumping on 3 other guys with their trousers down would risk their lives there...

Your assertion that "a lot of people would intervene in such situations, even unarmed" has been demonstrably and repeatedly proven to be flat wrong. It is now common knowledge that, on the contrary, the more witnesses are present the less likely they'll intervene, and that if not directly compelled to intervene most people will try their best to remain out of danger, even if it means doing nothing. "Kitty Genovese Syndrome", a.k.a Diffusion of responsibility, is a very real psychological phenomenon. This is why women are now taught in self-defence classes that if attacked in a public area they should target a specific invididual, give them direct eye contact, and plead directly to them rather than simply call for help. It increases the chance that the person will feel morally compelled to do something, which will have the domino effect of other people following to help and support that person.

Here, though, we have a old, scared civilian in a dangerous situation against at least two thugs, in which one is crazed, possibly on drugs, and on the verge of slaughtering a woman with a machete in a rage. "Ricardito" was not alone with Rebecca Young - he had at least one accomplice present. Even armed with a hunting gun (which we ignore the state or the caliber for, for all we known it could have been without ammo or jammed), that guy might also have a gun of his own. In two-to-one situations odds are well against you that that you will lose, and either get gunned down or pinned by suppression or covering fire while the other comes around to slash you with a melee weapon. If he intervenes, then runs away, odds are good either of the assailant would run in pursuit and kill him. In such situations you don't know your surroundings, and if not trained it is easy to become bewildered. It's fight or flight, and he decided "flight" and to remain hidden instead. Plus, as an illegal immigrant from Cuba it is understandable that he did not want to get involved with authorities at the time. Even if he had helped the police, after a warm thank you he would have certainly been deported to Castro-land for his trouble.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #39
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Don’t take my statement about Floridians too serious.
I’m in North Florida, close to Georgia where these ppl are like a decade behind in everything. Very slow handling business . Being from Indiana,I guess I should’ve taken a job in south Florida lol
I hope this case gets solved too
I understand your point but we’ve been assuming for yrs that “Antonio” was who he said he was and have gotten nowhere. I’m just trying to think differently in 2018 .
So what do you think about the boyfriend /pimp??
Yeah I understand what you are saying there. It has been a long time now. If I recall from the segment the boyfriend/pimp was or was not the suspect that the police had in mind? That's the frustrating part for me is that if Antonio did come forward he could have ID'd or cleared the suspects.