Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #46
CliffD
Occasional Poster

Default Thank you

Thank you all for the kind words.
The driver that was originally scheduled, and had a death in the family, was not of concern. However, the other driver working that night has been a cause of concern. He was reported to be in involved in drug dealing and to owe money to others at that time.
As for suspects.... there is a guy in a federal penitentiary for revocation of parole for prior sentence. He got there by killing a convenience store clerk in a robbery in 1986. He has long been a suspect in Morris' murder. I have contacted him several times by mail, and he has some very specific knowledge of the house, where shots were fired from, where Morris' body was found, etc. He even claimed to have been present, but not the shooter. Needless to say, despite detectives interviewing him extensively, no further progress has occurred.
This case remains at a stand-still, and unfortunately, likely always will. That is, unless someone develops a conscience, and steps forward with information.
Thanks again.
Cliff
CliffD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #47
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffD
The driver that was originally scheduled, and had a death in the family, was not of concern. However, the other driver working that night has been a cause of concern. He was reported to be in involved in drug dealing and to owe money to others at that time.
As for suspects.... there is a guy in a federal penitentiary for revocation of parole for prior sentence. He got there by killing a convenience store clerk in a robbery in 1986. He has long been a suspect in Morris' murder. I have contacted him several times by mail, and he has some very specific knowledge of the house, where shots were fired from, where Morris' body was found, etc. He even claimed to have been present, but not the shooter. Needless to say, despite detectives interviewing him extensively, no further progress has occurred.
This case remains at a stand-still, and unfortunately, likely always will. That is, unless someone develops a conscience, and steps forward with information.
Thanks again.
Cliff
Did the guy in prison ever say who shot Morris, since he claims he was present but not the shooter?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #48
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Thanks again.
Cliff
Thanks for posting, Cliff. I recently got information that the Great Falls Police Department has started a cold case unit which has successfully solved at least one unsolved homicide in Great Falls. I don't live far from Great Falls and think of your brother's case often. I pray your family will get the answers you seek.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #49
RobinW

Quote:
I know it's been years since Cliff posted, but I discovered this article about the suspect he was referring to here. It's a man named Donald DuBray who received a life sentence for murdering a convenience store clerk in 1986. It says that he was considered a possible suspect in Morris' murder:
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/sto...ison/84047018/

However, DuBray died in prison last year, so if he did kill Morris, we'll probably never know.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #50
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

[QUOTE=RobinW]I know it's been years since Cliff posted, but I discovered this article about the suspect he was referring to here. It's a man named Donald DuBray who received a life sentence for murdering a convenience store clerk in 1986. It says that he was considered a possible suspect in Morris' murder:
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/sto...ison/84047018/

However, DuBray died in prison last year, so if he did kill Morris, we'll probably never know.[/QUOTE

Great find. I wonder if there is a way to locate any guns DuBray had to see if they match up to the one used to kill Morris.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #51
mikewho
Frequent Poster

Is this case on one of the seasons they released so far? I haven't seen it in so long but am signing up next week so I can stream
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #52
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho
Is this case on one of the seasons they released so far? I haven't seen it in so long but am signing up next week so I can stream
It was aired during UM's third season, so it should be available on Amazon Prime now.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:39 PM   #53
MegtheEgg86

This segment didn't make it to the stream. I realized this when I was watching credits roll by at the end of one of the season 3 episodes and saw an actor's credit for the part of 'Morris Davis', although the segment wasn't on the episode at all.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:54 PM   #54
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
This segment didn't make it to the stream. I realized this when I was watching credits roll by at the end of one of the season 3 episodes and saw an actor's credit for the part of 'Morris Davis', although the segment wasn't on the episode at all.
Oh, that's too bad. I noticed the same thing on a Season 2 episode where the end credits listed the actor who played Elmer Locker even though his segment wasn't included.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #55
LooksLikeCRicci

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I can only hope we'll get the updated segment in Season 4....

You guys know how much I love my Montana cases. I had heard the potential perp had died in prison, but I never had the cahones to ask the lead prosecutor on the case who the perp actually was....

ETA: So I just read the link you posted, Robin. What's crazy is that there is a really compelling episode of true crime TV (I can't remember the show off hand) ABOUT the Pritchett killing and the eventual capture of DuBray. It's one where the eyewitness testimony was just freaking uncanny. I know it's off an insane chunk of the time, but this particular woman who identified DuBray remembered almost everything about him, some 10+ years later. If I can remember the name of the show, I'll post it. It was fascinating.

ETA v.2: It was Motives and Murders. Definitely worth the watch!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:23 PM   #56
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

I think this was a gang initiation and nothing more. The victim didn't have any enemies and the amount of money stolen was negligible and likely taken after the fact to make it look like a robbery.

A very similar incident happened a couple of years ago in the city I currently reside in. A pizza delivery order was called in to a local shop on a burner cell phone (the modern day pay phone, if you will) to a vacant house. The driver pulled up in the driveway and before he even got out of the car, somebody just unloaded on him like the Zodiac killer on Lover's Lane. Killed him instantly. This driver had no known enemies, scorned lovers, insurance policies, nothing. Plus, it was only his second or third week on the job and wasn't even scheduled to work that evening. Two years later and this case is not solved either and there are zero leads as far as I know.

As a UM fan, I immediately thought about Morris Davis upon hearing the news of this shooting in my area. Neither incident makes sense as a robbery to me. These were both gang initiations all the way as far as I'm concerned. Granted, it's more likely to be a biker type gang in Great Falls, MT and more likely to be a bloods/crips type gang where I live but when you think about it, both types of gangs sometimes require murder as the final test in an initiation. It doesn't matter who you kill, just kill somebody, anybody, and you're in. Besides, what better way is there to get a perfect stranger to show up to a location of your choosing with no questions asked than to pick up a phone and order a pizza?
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #57
LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
I think this was a gang initiation and nothing more. The victim didn't have any enemies and the amount of money stolen was negligible and likely taken after the fact to make it look like a robbery.

A very similar incident happened a couple of years ago in the city I currently reside in. A pizza delivery order was called in to a local shop on a burner cell phone (the modern day pay phone, if you will) to a vacant house. The driver pulled up in the driveway and before he even got out of the car, somebody just unloaded on him like the Zodiac killer on Lover's Lane. Killed him instantly. This driver had no known enemies, scorned lovers, insurance policies, nothing. Plus, it was only his second or third week on the job and wasn't even scheduled to work that evening. Two years later and this case is not solved either and there are zero leads as far as I know.

As a UM fan, I immediately thought about Morris Davis upon hearing the news of this shooting in my area. Neither incident makes sense as a robbery to me. These were both gang initiations all the way as far as I'm concerned. Granted, it's more likely to be a biker type gang in Great Falls, MT and more likely to be a bloods/crips type gang where I live but when you think about it, both types of gangs sometimes require murder as the final test in an initiation. It doesn't matter who you kill, just kill somebody, anybody, and you're in. Besides, what better way is there to get a perfect stranger to show up to a location of your choosing with no questions asked than to pick up a phone and order a pizza?
I hear what you're saying. I am in no way an expert on this case, but I have to disagree with the gang theory, only because I am certain it had been previously explored. The statements of Cliff Davis (Morris's brother) also make me believe that it was not gang related, either.

Taking some of what Cliff had to offer-- here's a theory: Whoever the 2nd driver was that evening was the intended target and they got Morris by accident. Additionally, Cliff mentioned that in written conversations with DuBray, he had knowledge of the crime scene that was not published, yet claimed he "was only there" and not the trigger man.

I don't think DuBray was just there. I suspect he was the killer, but that Morris wasn't the intended target.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #58
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
ETA: So I just read the link you posted, Robin. What's crazy is that there is a really compelling episode of true crime TV (I can't remember the show off hand) ABOUT the Pritchett killing and the eventual capture of DuBray. It's one where the eyewitness testimony was just freaking uncanny. I know it's off an insane chunk of the time, but this particular woman who identified DuBray remembered almost everything about him, some 10+ years later. If I can remember the name of the show, I'll post it. It was fascinating.

ETA v.2: It was Motives and Murders. Definitely worth the watch!
Interesting. I looked it up and it looks like it's on Youtube (under "Motives and Murders" Season 4 Episode 13). That would be crazy if they made an entire episode about another crime committed by Morris' killer without anyone even knowing it.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the reason the Morris Davis segment isn't on Amazon Prime is because a large chunk of it focuses on the false lead involving the stolen .22 from Oregon, as the botched ballistics tests nearly implicated an innocent man.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #59
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Now that I think about it, I wonder if the reason the Morris Davis segment isn't on Amazon Prime is because a large chunk of it focuses on the false lead involving the stolen .22 from Oregon, as the botched ballistics tests nearly implicated an innocent man.
I'd say that's a pretty reasonable assumption. I haven't seen this segment in many years, but clearly remember the reenactment of the ballistics test on the pistol. The fact that they thought they had the murder weapon was a big reason as to why this case stood out. Pizza delivery drivers unfortunately get robbed and/or killed more than most folks would think. Without the murder weapon angle, I don't think this case would have ever made it to UM.

I know it sounds a little out there to some, but I'm sticking with the gang initiation angle. The Great Falls, MT area was absolutely overrun with 1% biker gangs during the 80s.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #60
unsolved243
Frequent Poster

After looking into this case, it seems quite clear IMO that Donald DuBray was Morris's killer (or at the very least was involved in the murder). Other than the weapon used, Morris's murder is quite similar to the murder DuBray was convicted of:
- Both victims were working alone and were vulnerable
- Both victims were killed late in the evening
- The motives in both crimes were believed to be robbery
- Overkill appeared to have occurred in both crimes (Morris was shot eight times, Suzette was stabbed multiple times)
- Both crimes took place in Great Falls, just one year apart

Furthermore, according to Cliff (in the posts above), DuBray had specific knowledge about certain details of the crime, including the layout of the house, where the shots were fired, and where Morris was found. He even admitted being there! Even though he claimed he wasn't the shooter, I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that he said this so he could deflect the blame from himself.

Finally, it was confirmed from the article RobinW posted that police considered him a suspect in the case and tried (unsuccessfully) to get a confession from him before he died.
unsolved243 is offline   Reply With Quote