Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Britcoms Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Britcoms

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 18, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Could a Looming Strike Shut Down TV Production?; GAC Family Acquires Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Silver Spoons, and More
Dickinson Final Season Date Announced; Superstar: Robin Williams to Air Next Week (Oct. 20)
Antenna TV's Bewitched 24-Hour Halloween Marathon; Rewind TV's Sabrina Witch-O-Ween Marathon
Head of the Class Reboot Premieres Nov. 4, Guest Stars Robin Givens; The Bear Coming to FX
CBS Picks Up First 2 New Series for Full Seasons; On My Block Spinoff Series Cast Set
Netflix Orders That '90s Show Featuring Red and Kitty; Nash Bridges Movie Premieres Nov. 27 on USA Network

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-October)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
Liz81
Occasional Poster

Default Keeping Up Appearances

Anyone still watch it from the US? I don't think I can see the reruns on my TV anymore but I'd have to check my TV Guide. I love the whole cast, especially Hyacinth and Onslow! Hyacinth is just so funny with her physical comedy and Onslow with his comebacks at Rose's love life, "No wonder your bed's a lonely one, you're always in someone else's." LOL! He was clearly not one for romance. Like the whole series, he'd ignore Daisy's flirting. Poor Daisy lol.
Liz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #2
Willbo
Forum Regular

I watch it on Saturday nights. It was a great comedy and so funny. I wish there had been more seasons.
Willbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:12 PM   #3
Hazel Anyday

It ran for years in my area but a few months ago it disappeared. Luckily I stopped depending on TV station's good graces to watch my favorite shows. I've been watching the commercial DVD set for years now too. Which means you get to see the hour specials the PBS stations always skipped. If you want to see the show buy the DVDs and you can stop the useless wishing, it gets you nowhere. PBS stations always skipped the hour long specials but you can see them on the commercial DVD set. DVDs what a great new invention.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #4
MichaelKeith
Forum Regular

I have always loved this show and watch it on the Saturday nights that PBS shows it. I did not know they had any hour-long episodes.
MichaelKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:43 PM   #5
knicksfan89
Frequent Poster

No they didn't and this series was a classic
knicksfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:13 PM   #6
Hazel Anyday

Cool The Hour Long Shows on DVD

I'm sorry, but they had several hour long specials that you don't see on PBS, they are always skipped. If you buy the DVDs you'll find them there. After you buy the DVDs then tell me there are no hour long shows. Apologies accepted in advance.
Hazel Anyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #7
Willbo
Forum Regular

The QE II episode is an hour long special and I love that one. My PBS station shows it periodically. I believe that some of the Christmas episodes are an hour. I do not have the DVD's so not sure on all of them.
Willbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:24 AM   #8
Route66Fan
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
The QE II episode is an hour long special and I love that one. My PBS station shows it periodically. I believe that some of the Christmas episodes are an hour. I do not have the DVD's so not sure on all of them.
KCPT in Kansas City, MO ran this episode, several years back, as part of a pledge drive.
Route66Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:54 PM   #9
GhostAura
Occasional Poster

Absolutely! I first saw it on WQLN (PBS) back around 2000. It was on Netflix a while back, and I bought a DVD set for keeps. Great bunch of characters.
GhostAura is offline   Reply With Quote