Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Caroline in the City links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Caroline in the City Photo Gallery

Caroline in the City - The First Season

Buy Caroline in the City - The First Season on DVD
Caroline in the City - The Second Season

Buy Caroline in the City - The Second Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Caroline in the City

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Schmoopie
fan fiction fanatic
Forum Veteran

Default The Downfall of CITC (spoiler alert!)

I really like this show and I love Seasons 1 and 2 but now that I've been watching Season 3, I find that the show isn't as good as it was before. There are a few funny scenes in episodes but before I could hardly watch one episode without wanting to write a fan fic story about something I'd seen or else laughing out loud at a line. It might be the arrival of Julia b/c I don't care for her at all. I'm beginning to see a similarity (again!) between CITC and Frasier b/c both shows had a case of unrequited love.

In Frasier of course it was Niles being in love with Daphne and then she became engaged to Donny. In CITC it's Caroline in love with Richard (although she hasn't come out and admitted it), and then we have Julia in the picture. I have to admit that I was pretty shocked when I saw that Richard and Julia got married. Did not see that one coming at all!

Mel (on Frasier-She married Niles after Daphne was engaged to Donny) was a thousand times worse than Julia but the concept is the same. I think the writers want us to hate the other woman so that the real lovebirds can get together eventually.

But seriously I hope the show isn't going to continue to drop off b/c if that's the case, I'm glad Seasons 3-4 aren't on DVD. Probably wouldn't buy them anyway at this point. I mean the show is still funny in Season 3 and there are moments, but it's lost some of it's magic and that's a shame. I'm glad that never happened to Frasier.

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019

Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Ant-Lox
Cloud Watcher

I never looked at it that way, I am a huge Frasier fan as well so I guess I have seen the storyline before. The quality of Frasier never really dipped. I can only count 1 episode where I thought that they were running out of ideas (The one where Niles flies a kite in the house, and gets it tangled on the balcony). As for similarity to other Shows - Caroline uses the same NY Street as Seinfeld. They don't use the same camera angles as Seinfeld, but it's so obvious that it's the same street. They even use the same prop guys as Seinfeld. I still want to see seasons 3 & 4, Just to see how things end.

Sports Allegiances
Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia Eagles
Detroit Red Wings
New York Football Giants

Ant-Lox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
waichingliu81
debbie allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
I really like this show and I love Seasons 1 and 2 but now that I've been watching Season 3, I find that the show isn't as good as it was before. There are a few funny scenes in episodes but before I could hardly watch one episode without wanting to write a fan fic story about something I'd seen or else laughing out loud at a line. It might be the arrival of Julia b/c I don't care for her at all. I'm beginning to see a similarity (again!) between CITC and Frasier b/c both shows had a case of unrequited love.

In Frasier of course it was Niles being in love with Daphne and then she became engaged to Donny. In CITC it's Caroline in love with Richard (although she hasn't come out and admitted it), and then we have Julia in the picture. I have to admit that I was pretty shocked when I saw that Richard and Julia got married. Did not see that one coming at all!

Mel (on Frasier-She married Niles after Daphne was engaged to Donny) was a thousand times worse than Julia but the concept is the same. I think the writers want us to hate the other woman so that the real lovebirds can get together eventually.

But seriously I hope the show isn't going to continue to drop off b/c if that's the case, I'm glad Seasons 3-4 aren't on DVD. Probably wouldn't buy them anyway at this point. I mean the show is still funny in Season 3 and there are moments, but it's lost some of it's magic and that's a shame. I'm glad that never happened to Frasier.
i think you might be left disappointed in the end. i've got seasons 3 and 4 on dvd and seen all the eps. i personally enjoyed season 3 a lot, yeah i couldn't stand julia but i thought it was still interesting and i liked the tension and moments between caroline and richard as they later come to terms with their affection towards one another. season 4, was also hated on, but i loved all the caroline and richard moments, even if there wasn't enough of them. and the ending frankly sucked. well, the last 20 -25 mins of it sucked. and i am a big caroline and richard shipper and was gutted they didn't the happy ending they deserved.
waichingliu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
Smartboy

Even though I do not have anything to add to this particular topic, I am going to have to say that I am very happy to finally see some action on this page! I have been working my fingers to the bones trying to think of new and innovative ways to stimulate some conversation on this page not to mention the pages of "Gimme a Break!" and "Mad About You"! All of the above seem to be like dead zones!
Smartboy is offline   Reply With Quote