Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Dead to Me Picked Up for Final Season on Netflix; CBS All Access Orders Star Trek Animated Comedy
ABC to Rebroadcast Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family and Good Times Episodes on Tuesday (July 7); Anthony Anderson and Billy Eichner to Guest Host ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! This Week
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 6, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Amazon Gets Streaming Rights to Mad Men; Too Close for Comfort on Pluto TV
Fri-Yay: Streaming Services Remove Episodes of Sitcoms Due to Racial Jokes; The Kominsky Method Final Season Announced
Netflix Renews Never Have I Ever for Season 2; Comedy Central Reviving Beavis and Butt-Head
Remembering Comedy Legend Carl Reiner, MeTV and Decades to Air Tributes; HBO Orders Season 11 of Curb

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June/July)

Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven

04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - How to Be a Gentleman - The Complete Series
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/09 - No Activity - Season 1
06/09 - Superior Donuts - Season Two
06/23 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 10th Season
06/23 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
06/23 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Seventh Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
06/30 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Seven
07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #31
Superbowl

Well, I am not saying it was a bad show and I am not even saying I will not watch it, but forgive me if I am a little skeptical towards new ABC sitcoms. Every year we hear about how great their new sitcoms are, and they are usually bombs. Last year this time, we had :

Freddie
Hot Properties
Crumbs
Emily's Reasons Why Not
Sons & Daughters

Not only did none of them get renewed, but Freddie was the only one that actually made it through the whole season. Any network can be wrong on a show, but ABC does it to almost all their new sitcoms every year. They have been in a sitcom slump since the debut of 8 Simple Rules and Less Than Perfect. This network just keeps bringing on bomb after bomb in the sitcom area.
Superbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #32
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Well, maybe that will change this year. 2 of the 4 new ones this fall could last awhile...(the Thursday ones might not work out, I would have put in Heaton and Locklear's shows there, hopefully one of the two is back in production for mid-season or fall 2007.)
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #33
puertaazul
Forum Regular

Is Ugly Betty considered a sitcom? I am looking forward to watching this...I saw the original novella when it aired in Latin America...very funny...but not sure if the American public will get it?!
puertaazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:32 PM   #34
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I have it under as a drama. See the General Drama board for the drama pilots. Betty is like a one-hour comedy, though.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:53 AM   #35
puertaazul
Forum Regular

thanks...i will definitely look it up!

also got a chance to see this new pilot for ABC called Knights of Prosperity! went into it not really understanding the premise, but it was hysterical!!

it's about a group of guys & a girl who are planning on robbing mick jagger's house to make some money! sounds like strange premise, but the characters MADE the show!! hysterical!

Last edited by puertaazul; 08-31-2006 at 05:13 PM.
puertaazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:10 AM   #36
kenai
First Time Poster

Default Men in Trees two thumbs down

You are kidding about men in trees being good I hope.... Perhaps I am just biased becuase I live in Alaska and get tired of the same old stuff on TV. All this show is Sex in City part II with an very poor attempt to match the amazing writing in Northern Exposure: A bar, a rich man in town, a New Yorker new to Alaska, a potentially rough love interest, and the whole radio show deal (can we say Chris in the Morning)... come on... they haven't even touched the quality of writing that Northern Exposure captured and play off the age old sterotypes about Alaska. They should have spent more time telling a story rather than creating a love circle.. of course that is what Sex in the City was about. I wish networks would spend some time really developing good stories with story lines that step beyond what has already been done.

Moreover, we don't even have raccoons in Alaska and the hair dryer making the electricity go out? What a writing cop out- it was a poor transition into everyone being mad at her about the Seahawks. This show is dumb and presents nothing new.
kenai is offline   Reply With Quote