Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Facts of Life Online / The Facts of Life links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Facts of Life Photo Gallery / The Facts of Life - Fan Fiction Board / The Division Board


The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Six

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Six on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Seven

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Seven on DVD
The Facts of Life - Season Eight

Buy The Facts of Life - Season Eight on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season

Buy The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season on DVD
The Facts of Life - The Complete Series

Buy The Facts of Life - The Complete Series on DVD (Amazon.com)

(Shout! Factory)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Facts of Life

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Ted Lasso Coming Soon to Apple TV+; Quibi Picks Up 2nd Season of Dishmantled
Disney+ Orders Second Season of Diary of a Future President; Young Sheldon Streaming on HBO Max
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 1, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes


New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April/May/June)

Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season

02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #16
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
I doubt that. Do you really think Blair Warner had S-E-X? I don't!

Season 1 Blair was very interested and eager, but later Blair was virginal, sealed up, and "off limits". Her only lust was for money, lol.
I was imagining Blair today and think by now, she'd have morphed to be a lot more like Blanche Deveraux. Certainly not in the 80's of course....but in the '20's?...Hell yeah!

You think by 2020 Blair Warner still hadn't had sex?

Just picture Tootie telling Jo that "Blair's not a slut"....and then a 55 year old Blair comes in from her date all hunched over saying "Oh God I can barely walk!"
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:54 AM   #17
'80sSitcoms
Member
Senior Member
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 9,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
You think by 2020 Blair Warner still hadn't had sex?
Yup! Just look at how she was in 1988!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #18
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,263
Wink BLAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
It was Beverly Ann's dream from tossing back too many egg nogs (without the egg as Natalie said lol) and seeing what life would be like without her.

That was most definitely not normal Blair and I can't see her saying something like that...although she did go through men a LOT with all those weeknight dates from the year before's New Year's Resolutions....so maybe she would?...

I'll leave the final verdict up to valentina who's the BLAIR expert!....(where are you valentina? We need some BLAIR help!:



Hi cfr1970!

In answer to your question about BLAIR: i found her statement rather amusing on how she views men, and totally true to her character yes!
(in fact i can actually hear her say it ha ha!).

But, i DON'T agree with what you said about BLAIR in 2020 being self absorbed, insatiable men hungry divorcee (that would be POD BLAIR from the later years).
I'd rather liked to think that BLAIR is happily married with children, and the new MRS G of 'Eastland' as the headmistress, who mentors all the students.

I agree with Christopher though: BLAIR was not a SLUT (whether in the earlier or later seasons). She was just a TEASE! Watch the episode 'Rough housing' and you'll know what i'm talking about ALL of you guys!!!!

valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #19
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Hi cfr1970!

In answer to your question about BLAIR: i found her statement rather amusing on how she views men, and totally true to her character yes!
(in fact i can actually hear her say it ha ha!).

But, i DON'T agree with what you said about BLAIR in 2020 being self absorbed, insatiable men hungry divorcee (that would be POD BLAIR from the later years).
I'd rather liked to think that BLAIR is happily married with children, and the new MRS G of 'Eastland' as the headmistress, who mentors all the students.

I agree with Christopher though: BLAIR was not a SLUT (whether in the earlier or later seasons). She was just a TEASE! Watch the episode 'Rough housing' and you'll know what i'm talking about ALL of you guys!!!!
If you say her saying "men are like tissues" is true to Blair's character, then you can't say she'd be happily married with children in the next sentence! It contradicts each other! She can't be both!

People change after 30 years and can't be the same person they were 3 decades ago. So I like to see that Blair went through many divorces because she's too high maintenance to keep a man....and is now a man hungry divorcee who does believe men are like tissues and goes through them that way.

Also, I picture having a daughter who's the spitting image if 1982 Blair and talks and acts the same way which makes Blair secretly jealous. (She would never show it or admit it, but she feels jealousy deep inside for her daughter having the looks she lost and how she attracts all the attention she used to get.)

Oh how karmic it would be for them to go after the same man in an episode and her daughter says the same thing to her that she said to Beverage cAnn (thanks Retro ) 30 years earlier, so she'd now be on the other side of that fence.

Oh the possibilities for these characters in 2020 are endless!
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #20
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,263
Oh No BLAIR 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
If you say her saying "men are like tissues" is true to Blair's character, then you can't say she'd be happily married with children in the next sentence! It contradicts each other! She can't be both!

People change after 30 years and can't be the same person they were 3 decades ago. So I like to see that Blair went through many divorces because she's too high maintenance to keep a man....and is now a man hungry divorcee who does believe men are like tissues and goes through them that way.

Also, I picture having a daughter who's the spitting image if 1982 Blair and talks and acts the same way which makes Blair secretly jealous. (She would never show it or admit it, but she feels jealousy deep inside for her daughter having the looks she lost and how she attracts all the attention she used to get.)

Oh how karmic it would be for them to go after the same man in an episode and her daughter says the same thing to her that she said to Beverage cAnn (thanks Retro 30 years earlier, so she'd now be on the other side of that fence.

Oh the possibilities for these characters in 2020 are endless!




Nope, sorry but i don't agree and i don't like your story for BLAIR in 2020!!!

If you watch the episode 'The interview show', there is a scene where BLAIR is talking to the reporter, and there is a very touching moment when she tells her, that the most IMPORTANT thing for her is to have a solid family (something that she'd always craved for) and that she would definitely send her own daughter to 'Eastland', but not until she was much older cos she'd like to spend as time time as possible with her: now that's the REAL BLAIR!!!!


The BLAIR 2020 from your story (who would compete with her own daughter over men) is a DYNASTY JOAN COLLINS POD, who has nothing to do with the AUTHENTIC/ TRUE BLAIR that we all know.....

PS: the reason i said i can picture BLAIR saying "men are like tissues", it's because we know she is a TEASE, but deep down she doesn't really think like that (or at least not when she is seriously in love with somebody)


valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #21
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
Nope, sorry but i don't agree and i don't like your story for BLAIR in 2020!!!

If you watch the episode 'The interview show', there is a scene where BLAIR is talking to the reporter, and there is a very touching moment when she tells her, that the most IMPORTANT thing for her is to have a solid family (something that she'd always craved for) and that she would definitely send her own daughter to 'Eastland', but not until she was much older cos she'd like to spend as time time as possible with her: now that's the REAL BLAIR!!!!


The BLAIR 2020 from your story (who would compete with her own daughter over men) is a DYNASTY JOAN COLLINS POD, who has nothing to do with the AUTHENTIC/ TRUE BLAIR that we all know.....

PS: the reason i said i can picture BLAIR saying "men are like tissues", it's because we know she is a TEASE, but deep down she doesn't really think like that (or at least not when she is seriously in love with somebody)


The Blair of season 9 was definitely not the Blair from The Interview Show. They messed up by breaking her up with Cliff and after that Blair was never the same with men again.

With Cliff, she was the Blair who wanted a family and children. Even with geriatric Ben, she said she wanted to start a family right out of college, but after that she became the Blair that has a date with a different man every night of the week.

She lost focus on the family life she wanted or they changed her character to not care about that anymore. So if we continue along that path written for her, then I see her having multiple marriages and divorces by the time she's 55...because like season 9 Blair says....men are like tissues!
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #22
Christopher
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2001
Posts: 14,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Blair and Blanche are more different that similar. Blair has so much focus on wealth and status and "princessness" (lol), whereas Blanche is completely carnal for men and extremely sexual. They are both self-absorbed though.
Blair's wealth is a priority for her, yes, but so are her looks because she wants the attention of men. Blanche is similar. Blanche always raves about what a fox she is and younger to get men drooling over her. Blair is the same way and even classifies herself as a 10.

I also noticed another aspect of The Facts of Life that The Golden Girls stole from the show. In a Slice of Life, Jo says her mom's family is from Sicily. Not only did they copy the traits of Jo for Dorothy, but they also ripped off Jo's family roots for Dorothy's mom, Sophia for her stories of, wait for it, Sicily. I'm sorry 80s but there's so many things The Facts of Life had already established for their show that ended up being used for The Golden Girls that makes it seem far more than a coincidence. There's zero originality for The Golden Girls since The Facts of Life already had it for their female cast show.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #23
'80sSitcoms
Member
Senior Member
 
'80sSitcoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 30, 2013
Posts: 9,314
Default

I doubt Susan Harris saw one FOL pizza episode and got all her ideas for her new show.

I mean of course we can't prove whether she was or wasn't influenced by anything, but I still say it's just some coincidences. I don't think of FOL when watching GG (except for the 2 episodes where FOL is mentioned, lol). I'm glad I enjoy both shows. (but GG makes me laugh much more)
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:21 PM   #24
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,263
Wink BLAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
The Blair of season 9 was definitely not the Blair from The Interview Show. They messed up by breaking her up with Cliff and after that Blair was never the same with men again.

With Cliff, she was the Blair who wanted a family and children. Even with geriatric Ben, she said she wanted to start a family right out of college, but after that she became the Blair that has a date with a different man every night of the week.

She lost focus on the family life she wanted or they changed her character to not care about that anymore. So if we continue along that path written for her, then I see her having multiple marriages and divorces by the time she's 55...because like season 9 Blair says....men are like tissues!



I'm afraid you might be right, cfr1970: if BLAIR from season 9 is already a POD, then by 2020 she might have turned up into a MAN EATER!!!!

In my FOL fanfiction though, she is the BLAIR i'v always wanted and imagined her to be: a happily married mom with 3 kids, and a terrific mentor to the 'Eastland school for girls!!!'

And to my greatest chagrin you are right: BLAIR changed so much in the later seasons it's almost unbelievable and a WASTE of time (after all the growth she did during the earlier seasons)!!!!

And yes: she would have had a great and adventurous life with BEN (hey you know he's my ideal choice for her hee hee!) or made a perfect wife for CLIFF!!!

valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #25
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post


I'm afraid you might be right, cfr1970: if BLAIR from season 9 is already a POD, then by 2020 she might have turned up into a MAN EATER!!!!

In my FOL fanfiction though, she is the BLAIR i'v always wanted and imagined her to be: a happily married mom with 3 kids, and a terrific mentor to the 'Eastland school for girls!!!'

And to my greatest chagrin you are right: BLAIR changed so much in the later seasons it's almost unbelievable and a WASTE of time (after all the growth she did during the earlier seasons)!!!!

And yes: she would have had a great and adventurous life with BEN (hey you know he's my ideal choice for her hee hee!) or made a perfect wife for CLIFF!!!

The writers were either clueless or just plain evil with the characters.

Think about it....We have Jo meeting some doofus who takes Andy to a bar and lets him drive the car home because he's buzzed, and Jo swoons and marries the dork within 2 months.

Blair had a perfect guy in Cliff and was in a wonderful, stable relationship with a promising and comfortable future ahead...and they make Blair just "fall out of love" with him for no apparent reason.

Then they murder poor Tootie's husband Jeff by the reunion 15 years later and make our poor Tootie be a single mother raising her child alone. Terrible!

And then we have Natalie who by the finale was a SOHO wannabe who moved down to the city to with with a bunch of unlikable and questionable characters---and 15 years later she's a pathetic spinster who has male models banging down her door because I can only assume she doesn't say no to anything in bed.

These characters all deserved to have their happy endings instead of what the writers did to them. But then again, I do like the idea of them being old and bitter now so I guess it doesn't really matter!
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #26
valentina warner
Member
Senior Member
 
valentina warner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 31, 2020
Location: The Uk
Posts: 1,263
TV FOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
The writers were either clueless or just plain evil with the characters.

Think about it....We have Jo meeting some doofus who takes Andy to a bar and lets him drive the car home because he's buzzed, and Jo swoons and marries the dork within 2 months.

Blair had a perfect guy in Cliff and was in a wonderful, stable relationship with a promising and comfortable future ahead...and they make Blair just "fall out of love" with him for no apparent reason.

Then they murder poor Tootie's husband Jeff by the reunion 15 years later and make our poor Tootie be a single mother raising her child alone. Terrible!

And then we have Natalie who by the finale was a SOHO wannabe who moved down to the city to with with a bunch of unlikable and questionable characters---and 15 years later she's a pathetic spinster who has male models banging down her door because I can only assume she doesn't say no to anything in bed.

These characters all deserved to have their happy endings instead of what the writers did to them. But then again, I do like the idea of them being old and bitter now so I guess it doesn't really matter!


You're TERRIBLE cfr1970!!!!!
valentina warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:07 PM   #27
cfr1970
Member
Senior Member
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 2,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valentina warner View Post
You're TERRIBLE cfr1970!!!!!
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.