Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Honeymooners (Sitcoms Online) / The Honeymooners links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Honeymooners Photo Gallery

The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes (Blu-ray)
Buy The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes on Blu-ray
The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes
Buy The Honeymooners - Classic 39 Episodes on DVD
The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 1951-1957 (The Complete Restored Series)
Buy The Honeymooners: Lost Episodes 1951-1957 (The Complete Restored Series) on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 1
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 1 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 2
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 2 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 3
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 3 on DVD
The Color Honeymooners - Collection 4
Buy The Color Honeymooners - Collection 4 on DVD

Buy The Very Best of The Honeymooners / The Best of The Honeymooners - The Lost Episodes / The Honeymooners Christmas Special
The Honeymooners Valentine Special / The Honeymooners - Second Honeymoon / Fan Favorites: The Best of The Honeymooners

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Honeymooners

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Ted Lasso Coming Soon to Apple TV+; Quibi Picks Up 2nd Season of Dishmantled
Disney+ Orders Second Season of Diary of a Future President; Young Sheldon Streaming on HBO Max
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 1, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Acquires Young Sheldon; Simpsons Now Available in Original Aspect Ratio on Disney+
Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March/April/May/June)

Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season Head of the Class - The Complete First Season Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season

02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/05 - Kidding - Season 2
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
06/02 - Work in Progress - Season 1
06/09 - Head of the Class - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
06/09 - Letterkenny - Seasons 3 & 4
06/09 - Modern Family - The Eleventh and Final Season
06/23 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-15-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
Frank Gannucci

Default Honeymooners Episode Reviews: "Expectant Dad" & "Goodnight Sweet Prince":

Honeymooners Episode Reviews: "Expectant Dad" & "Goodnight Sweet Prince":

Episode #153 (Syndicated episode #83)
TV: Attached to "The Cold."
VCR: Attached to "The Next Champ."
DVD: Attached to "The Next Champ" & "The Honeymooners Greatest Battles." On the Lost Episodes DVD Box Set, it is attached to “Goodnight Sweet Prince”, “Two-Family Car”, “Love Letter” (’56), “Finders Keepers”, “Catch A Star” & “My Fair Landlord.”
Air Date: 11/3/56

"Expectant Dad":

Alice has a new job at Dr. Brady's Obstetrician's office to get some money for Christmas and comes home. She is in a rush to do things. Trixie comes down and recommends that Alice calm down and tell Ralph about the new job and how easy it is. Alice says that she can't do that because Ralph will say to quit the job. This discussion is almost the same as in "Santa & The Bookies" & “Run, Santa, Run.” Ed comes down. Ed: "Alice, where's your better one and a half?" Alice says that Ralph isn't home. He sees Alice trying to take laundry upstairs and says that she shouldn't carry that big of an item, so he volunteer’s Trixie's services, much to Trixie's chagrin. They leave.

Ralph comes home all happy. On the bus, she saw Trixie taking Alice to an obstetrician's office. Ed: "It's about time Alice got that bunion removed." Ralph: "An obstetrician doesn't do that. You are thinking of a chiropractor. An obstetrician delivers babies." Ralph thinks that he will become a father. He mentions that when his son is born, he will name him "Ralph." Ed says that that might cause confusion. Ralph: "I was named after my father. They used to call us 'Big' & 'Little' Ralph." Ed: "Who was your father, 'Little' Ralph?" Ha! Ed then thinks up something. Maybe Alice was taking Trixie to the doctor and maybe he's going to be a dad. Ralph: "What are you trying to do, steal my kid? You pulled some cheap stunts, but this is the lowest." Ed mentions that he doesn't mean any harm and hopes that he will be the dad. Ed: "Watching my kid grow up from a little guy. Education, grammar school, high school, then on to college and when he gets out of college and is ready to face the world, I will get him a job with me in the sewer." Ralph: "When your son graduates from college, you are going to get him a job in the sewer?" Ed: "Yes, the sewer accepts college grads." So does every job in this world. Ralph & Ed think of a plan so they would be able to tell which of them is having the baby and will act all nice when they arrive.

The girls come back and the boys act all nice when they arrive. Trixie: "What's going on here?" Ed: "That is for you to know and for me to find out?" Ralph: "Exactly." Ralph mentions to Alice that he knows what she knows but the way he explains it far too confusing. Alice: "You are nuts." Ralph offers everyone some unique food, which Ed says that he will take it. Ralph (yells): "OH WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP!" Ralph tries to kick Ed out but it doesn't work. Ralph talks some more about what he thinks that Alice might have. Alice thinks that Ralph found out that her mother is coming. Ralph (yells to Alice): "SHE IS NOT SETTING FOOT IN THIS HOUSE!" (Normally to Alice): "I'm sorry. She and your dad can come and stay until New Year's if she likes but if it isn't you, out they go." Ed & Trixie leave but Ed still is hoping that Trixie is having the baby, so he tries to carry her out with Trixie putting his arms around his neck. Ed mentions something about beating a dead horse. Ed (walking out): "I hope you are the one." By the look on Trixie's face, it doesn't look like she is enjoying what Ed is doing to her.

Ralph & Alice have some time alone. Ralph continues to talk about what he thinks that Alice might have and he is happy about it. Alice thinks that he is talking about her job and says that she could do it every Christmas. Oh boy! Alice says that if she does, she might have to join a union. Ralph: "I didn't know that you had to join a union to have a baby." Alice then knows what Ralph has been talking about and says that she is taking a job at Dr. Brady's Obstetrician office to get some money for Christmas and she is not having a baby. Ralph is disappointed but says when they have a baby; he would rather have a girl just like Alice. They hug and kiss.

Episode #154 (Syndicated episode #61)
TV: Attached to "Jellybeans."
VCR: Attached to "A Little Man Who Wasn't There." (On some tapes, it is attached to "Income Tax.")
DVD: Attached to "A Little Man Who Wasn't There", "Ralph's' Diet" & "Gleason's Honeybloopers Vol. 1." On the Lost Episodes DVD Box Set, it is attached to “Expectant Dad”, “Two-Family Car”, “Love Letter” (’56), “Finders Keepers”, “Catch A Star” & “My Fair Landlord.”
Air Date: 11/10/56

"Goodnight Sweet Prince":

It's very early in the morning and Alice is ironing towels. The small one says: "HERS" and the big one says: "HIS." Trixie comes by. Trixie: "Hiya Alice!" Alice warns Trixie to be quiet. Ralph is working the night shift from now on and is trying his hardest to sleep during the day. Alice says that the night shift for Ralph and her has been murder. Ralph comes out. Alice asks if Ralph heard them. Ralph sarcastically says no. He just watched them talk through the keyhole. Ralph says that the two of them talking has him awake. Trixie: "We were only whispering." Ralph: "All right Whistling Jack Smith, get out!" Trixie leaves.

Alice is upset at Ralph for kicking Trixie out. Ralph is upset because of the fact that he is working the bight shift now. He is going into the bedroom and he doesn't want Alice to make a sound. He doesn't want her to breathe. Alice: "If I don't breathe, I'll faint." Ralph: "That's okay. Just don't make any noise when you hit the floor." Oh boy! Ralph goes into the bedroom and Alice sits down. All of a sudden, some neighbor has the gall to play a horn loudly in the morning. Ralph gets up, goes into the hall and all of a sudden, the music abruptly stops. Ralph comes back. Ralph: "He (the horn player) got his." Ralph goes back to the bedroom to sleep. He still can't get to sleep. All of a sudden, he's back in the kitchen. Ralph is all upset about not being able to go to sleep because of the night shift. Alice advises him to sit down and clear his mind.

Ralph sits down. Alice: "Do you want any milk?" Ralph: "Would you stop with that milk? Do you know how much milk I must have drank during the last few days? I must have drank 60 gallons. Not only am I working nights, I got the cows working nights." Alice puts on some good music on the radio and massages Ralph and advises him to clear his mind and not think about a thing. Alice: "The only thing you should think about is tall green trees and a beautiful forest with a babbling brook." Ralph is now asleep. Alice tries to get his blankets and pillows so he will be all set. Cue Ed Norton coming in now. Ed (loudly): "WHAT DO YOU SAY THERE RALPH-IE BOY?" Ralph wakes up. He knows Ed woke him up so he challenges him to a fight. Alice comes out. Alice: "What is wrong?" Ralph: "This nut (Ed) has to come in here and say: 'Hey Ralph-ie boy'!" Ed: "We have a funny habit upstairs. We sleep in beds." Alice asks Ed when he has to go to work. Ed says that the people down the sewer aren't too concerned about punctuality down the sewer and think that they are lucky if the workers do show up. Ralph complains more about the lack of sleep because of the night shift. Ralph: "My life is backwards. Getting up at 6pm and having breakfast and coming home at 6am and having dinner." Ralph sits down and says that because of that bum Freddie Muller, he's on the night shift. Ralph: "Wait until I get my hands on him." Ed: "Maybe you better SLEEP on it first." Alice goes down to Mrs. Manicotti's to get a sedative to help Ralph sleep. Ed sympathizes with Ralph. Ed says that his father, all during his childhood, work on the night shift and it went on for twenty years and then he quit. Ralph: "Couldn't take it huh?" Ed: "No, the company wanted to send him to Akron. He couldn't stand the thought of being separated from his family." In the color Honeymooners episode entitled: "Play It Again, Norton", Ed says that he never saw his father as his father was always far away from him and always talked to him via long-distance on the telephone. Ed offers a solution to Ralph. He will put cotton in his ears and a towel around Ralph's eyes to help him sleep. Ralph likes the idea and gets the cotton. Ralph: "I got some cotton." Ed: "I got some towel." Ed puts the things on Ralph and Ralph is all set. All that needs to be done is put him in the bedroom and in bed. Ed tries to help Ralph walk into the bedroom but when people come by to pick up Ed, Ed leaves Ralph to walk by himself and Ralph falls down and hurts himself. He kicks Ed out.

Alice comes back with the sedative and offers another solution to help Ralph sleep. It's the same one that Ed had. Ralph is angry. He goes into the bedroom to sleep. Ralph: "If I hear one sound on the whole block, it's your fault. Anybody in this district, this county. If a mouse sneezes, it's your fault." Ralph tries to go to sleep. Fred Muller comes in with some news. Ralph is back to working days. Alice calls Ralph out. Ralph (coming out and not knowing that Fred just came in, yells): "I FINALLY GET TO SLEEP AFTER THREE DAYS AND YOU YELL: 'RALPH! RALPH! RALPH!' THIS IS A CONSPIRACY ALICE. YOU, NORTON AND THAT BUM, FRED MULLER." Fred is upset. Ralph (yells): "FRED IS A BUM! A BUM, BUM, BUM! HE IS A BUM!" (Seeing Fred): "Hiya Fred!" Ralph (realizing what he had done, yells): "WAAAAAAA!" Alice says that Fred came by with the news that Ralph is working days. Fred: "I changed my mind. You wouldn't want to be working with a bum and as long as I am with the bus office, you will be working nights. I have no compunction about doing this Ralph because I am a bum." Fred leaves. Ralph realizes what he had done, yells: "I GOT A BIG MOUTH!"

Credit I think goes to (the original) Bill's 'Mooners Archives, eBay.com, tv.com, Honeymooners Lost Episodes Book, tvguide.com, honeymooners.net, Honeymooners Box Set booklet Honeymooners Lost Episodes DVD booklet, Wikipedia.org, Yahoo Groups You're A Riot! & Amazon.com.
Frank Gannucci is offline   Reply With Quote