Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Miracle Workers Returns to TBS; ABC's Summer Fun & Games Lineup Renewed for 2020
Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #31
kyfm
Frequent Poster

if you're still around joker, i'd love to purchase your lassie set, several eps have not aired on cozi, and the ones that do are edited, i heard years ago, some channel in canada showed the entire series unedited?
kyfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #32
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

I am still around if anyone ever wants to reach me .... best bet is to try my email first by clicking on my profile.

@kyfm
You have a PM

Thanks,
Joker
y2k3Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #33
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I'm "Bumping" this thread so a potential trader can see this.

Thank You, Regulus
Old 09-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #34
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmo
JOKER's "Lassie Project"

I may personally vouch for the condition and service of the video from Joker's "Lassie Project." I ordered some DVD discs of "Lassie" episodes from Seasons Nine-11 I hadn't seen since their original, prime-time broadcast run on and the episodes were in nearly pristine condition, albeit with syndication-run opening and closing sequences in most of the episodes. At least one of the episodes (and I think more) contained an opening sequence from a brief Saturday-morning children's programming block on titled "The Adventures of Lassie."

Many of the episodes in Joker's "Lassie Project" were recorded from the former . It amazes me in the United States never showed "Lassie" for very long. But perhaps that was because TVL's parent company, Viacom, had already showed "Lassie" several years (from 1984-1996) on sister cable channel . Then, of course "Lassie" was shown several years (1996 through the early 2000s) on channel. And there are some eps. from that cable channel's run interspersed among this collection too.

I had hoped the five-parts' episode arc from Season Nine titled "The Journey" would have the original narration (including previews of the following weeks' episodes for parts one through four, and recaps of the previous weeks' eps. in parts two through five) of series' Associate Producer Bonita Granville Wrather, which, of course, were eliminated when these episodes were edited into a theatrical feature titled "Lassie's Great Adventure." But such was not the case. However, it was confirmed this story arc was, indeed, originally broadcast in five, beautiful color parts; a special color opening sequence, a sepia-tinted version of the closing sequence, although the original broadcast commercials remained in black and white. But no original broadcast sponsor commercials are included in this "Lassie" DVD collection, just good, clean copies of the episodes themselves.

However, if one is really a stickler about such matters, one may easily download some of several original broadcast Campbell's Soup commercials featuring the "Lassie" cast that are abundant on YouTube, then edit them into the episodes using Windows Movie Maker or some other such video editing program. For my part, I am creating a project reproducing the CBS Sunday evening line-up from those first four appearances of The Beatles on "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1964. So not only will I be availing myself of those Campbell's/Franco-American spots from "Lassie," but also other sponsor commercials for the rest of the CBS Sunday prime time line-up.

There was another five parts' episode of "Lassie" in Season 10, "The Disappearance" (which introduced U.S. Forest Service Ranger "Cory Stuart"), that did contain Mrs. Wrather's original CBS broadcast narration. I guess it just depended on what exactly was issued for syndication.

If one is only interested in a superficial collection of "Lassie" from various periods, Classic Media's DVD sets may be satisfactory to those needs. Certainly a "best of" the Christmas story episodes is available, as well a "Best of Jeff's Collie" and a few "Timmy & Lassie" DVD collections. But if one is really looking for very good-to-excellent quality episodes of "Lassie" from all 19 years of its original broadcast run (17 years on , two years in first-run syndication), I recommend doing business with Joker's "Lassie Project." The guy is not just a business, but also a genuine fan of "Lassie" who has dedicated himself to this project for many years. As such, he deserves credit and your business.

"Joker" hails from Canada, which I find symbolic, as was in those five parts of "The Journey" episode of "Lassie" wherein "Timmy Martin" and his loyal collie, "Lassie," were whisked away in an errant hot air balloon to the Canadian wilderness (actually filmed in the U.S. High Sierra range) and rescued by a kind-hearted, deaf mute Indian (portrayed by Richard Kiel) and, eventually, by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). Some half a century later, now, another Canadian named "Joker" has rescued "Lassie" again for true fans of this beloved TV series.

Certainly, unless and until Classic Media/Dreamworks decides to release all original broadcast-run episodes of "Lassie," the Joker's "Lassie Project" should be your go-to source for all 571 episodes of the original "Lassie" TV series on DVD. This collector has worked very hard and long in assembling this collection, and you would do well to engage in a trade or some other tangible transaction with him to obtain these great condition episodes of "Lassie" on DVD!

Thank you for that most excellent review, Jimmo.

Sorry I missed it back when you originally made the post --- much appreciated.

Joker
Old 09-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #35
kyfm
Frequent Poster

thanks for the pm and email, did u read my reply to ur reply of my email to u joker?
kyfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #36
Regulus

Biggrin

I'm "Bumping" this thread so potential customers can find it,

Bucket List Shows: Hot Wheels, Skyhawks, Run Joe Run, Westwood
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #37
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
I'm "Bumping" this thread so potential customers can find it,

Thanks

It's best to PM me directly rather than just leaving a message.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #38
addiebuck325
Occasional Poster

Hey Joker
Do you have any of the Ranger Cory and Lassie DVD also you should go on Face Book there are alot of Lassie FB pages and boy I know alot of Lassie Fans that would love to buy these DVDS
addiebuck325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #39
addiebuck325
Occasional Poster

Hey Joker
do you still have your Ranger Cory and Lassie DVDs I'm so despart to get these..I'm a huge Lassie Fan
Thanks
addiebuck325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #40
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Yes, still here and still offering the Lassie seasons to anybody that's interested.

Just get in touch by email.
Click my name for my profile ... you will find the e-mail addy there.

Thanks for your interest

Joker (Chris)
Old 06-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #41
Regulus

Biggrin

I'm taking the liberty of "Bumping" this thread because of the comments mentioned on facebook's Lassie Page.
Regulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #42
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

If anybody wants to reach me, my e-mail is in my profile here ...

I am still very much around .... I just don't do Facebook
Old 06-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #43
Ronny G
Forum Regular

Quote:
I'm taking the liberty of "Bumping" this thread because of the comments mentioned on facebook's Lassie Page.
Do you have a link to the facebook page? The page I visited only seems to be about the current Lassie and nothing about the classic series. Thanks!
Ronny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #44
Ronny G
Forum Regular

I'm hoping someone can help me? Does anyone know the title of the Lassie episode in which child actress Erin Murphy guest-starred in? She was the little girl who played Tabitha on Bewitched. Erin has mentioned in past interviews that she guest-starred on Lassie after Bewitched ended so I'm thinking it would be sometime around 1972 (Lassie's final years). Thank you.
Ronny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #45
y2k3Joker
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny G
I'm hoping someone can help me? Does anyone know the title of the Lassie episode in which child actress Erin Murphy guest-starred in? She was the little girl who played Tabitha on Bewitched. Erin has mentioned in past interviews that she guest-starred on Lassie after Bewitched ended so I'm thinking it would be sometime around 1972 (Lassie's final years). Thank you.

"The Visitor" (01/13/73): One blustery day Lassie and Willy fish a small furry dog from the creek in front of the house; while making him welcome the family notices the dog is afraid of everything, including ducks in the pond, horses, and even crickets. Lassie tries to acclimate him to country living, but can he cope when she's trapped under a fallen tree branch? Andy: Mark Miranda. Willy; Radames Pera. Phil Craig: Fred Holliday. Molly Craig: Erin Murphy.
Trivia: The foundling's name is "Muffin."
Note: Muffin is played by Higgins, who for many years played Betty Jo's little dog in Petticoat Junction and was trained by Frank Inn, who for many years worked with Rudd Weatherwax (in Son of Lassie, it's Frank Inn, not Peter Lawford, that you see jump from the bridge with Laddie in his arms). (Higgins was known simply as "Dog" on Petticoat Junction.) A year after this episode aired, Higgins, now age 15, would rocket to fame in a low-budget, highly-acclaimed film entitled Benji, and he took that name for the rest of his life; his daughter then became the new "Benji." And if the little girl playing Molly looked familiar, she was: Erin Murphy (along with her twin sister Diane when the girls were both younger) played Tabitha Stephens on the long-running comedy Bewitched.