Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default For traders, to avoid being scammed and or taken advantage of..

One of our traders (Troitribble) did some excellent leg work-

After the discussion of sales and their reputation- I thought it a good idea to post this around.

The fact is, we all are tempted to buy occasionally and some sales sites make things sound too good to be true.
Well that is often - because they are.
But WHO they are, is also a concern and question.

SitcomsOnline is a trade only site, no sales allowed, but we all know and we all have been contacted for a sale at some point.

http://tinyurl.com/2ldly4

FRAUD DETECTION

A simple way to recognize the fraud and to protect yourself:

1. Make sure that at checkout (where you enter your name and other information), you are re-directed to a secure banking server which has a different web address and URL that starts with "https". (Example: https://www.ewebcart.com..), and that there is an image of a lock appearing on the bottom of your web browser.

2. At checkout, make sure that you are NOT entering your Credit Card number on the page that belongs to a website from which you are ordering.

3. If a website offers to create an account, DO NOT enter your Credit Card number when creating an account.

Unlike legitimate merchants, ID thieves and con-artists do not use the automatic payment processing system offered by the banks because it doesn't allow them to see the customer's credit card information. The payment is processed outside of the merchant's website on highly secured servers that belong to the banking system. Only payment processing banks come in contact with the Customers' Credit Card numbers.

So, in order to collect the Credit Card numbers these ID thieves and con-artists have to use their own website. At checkout the Customers are never re-directed to the secure banking servers. Instead, they are asked to enter their Credit Card numbers at the same website operated by the same thieves and con-artists.

In addition, beware that almost all websites operated by ID thieves and con-artists offer to create a Free account with them. During their account creation process they require a customer to "register" his or her credit card with them.

Here is a list of the most common culprits:

1. DVDcollections.tv (their brand new website)

2. Allmyfavoriteshows.com

3. TVboxset.com

4. E-mediastore.tv

5. RareDVDs.tv

6. DvdAvenue.tv

7. EmpiricalFilm.tv

8. InternationalFilm.tv

9. AmericanDVD.tv

10. MyMediaOutlet.net

11. dvdigniter.com

12. tvdvdplanet.com / greattvshows.blogspot.com

13. tvaddicts.tv

14. dvdtvweb.com

15. ultimatedvdshop.com

16. Dvdcraze.tv

17. TVDVDMania.tv

18. dvddiesel.com

19. tvmilk.com

20. tvshowplanet.net (formerly tvshowplanet.info)

21. tvseries.tv

22. tvdvdland.com

23. tvondisc.com

24. TelevisionMedia.net

25. tvdvdmedia.com

26. mediaenterprises.tv

27. tvshowsdirect.com

28. dvdshowsonline.com

29. creativemediamarketing.net

30. tvdirectmedia.com

31. themediadepot.tv

32. web-worldwide.net

33. kozaksdiscount.com

34. medialimited.tv

35. getitnowdvd.com

36. tvpast.com

37. bestdvdentertainment.com

38. cddvdforall.com

39. TheBestDamnTVShows.tv

40. *********.com

As complaints accumulate, they abandon their old websites (e.g., tvondisc.com), and re-open under new names.

These "companies" have been ripping people off for years, selling bad discs, incomplete series (missing episodes), or not sending anything at all. They open up under a new domain name whenever they get caught.

InternationalFilm.tv, AmericanDVD.tv, and MyMediaOutlet.net were recently opened, but have already been abandoned, and re-appeared under new names.

DVDcollections.tv : this fraudulent website just appeared a few days ago.

Be aware, Run a check, and report any good or bad information to the group when applicable.

As a community we can protect ourselves if we inform ourselves.

Always contact a moderator to report a user pushing sales on you, or if need be the owner here- who has taken a firm stand as to trading not selling.
Always trust your gut, and remember you can report the information anonymously if need be.

To avoid channel surfing Wipeouts!
savageamusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
TURBOCSX
Arnold Ziffel
Frequent Poster

would you say the merchants that are selling thru amazon.com are generally safe? I told my wife to go there to shop for me, but i don't want to get ripped off.
TURBOCSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

Thanks to Kim and Troitribble for all the hard work that went into this

if you buy directly through Amazon it is pretty safe, but if you are buying from one of their "partner sellers", you should always look closely at their ratings, how long they've been in business and how MANY ratings they have.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

That is great work Kim. Thanx for providing that list. I pretty much order through Amazon or buy my DVD's in local stores, but I always wondered abt those other sites and was hesitant. The old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
Old 09-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
T-Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOCSX
would you say the merchants that are selling thru amazon.com are generally safe? I told my wife to go there to shop for me, but i don't want to get ripped off.
The Amazon Marketplace sellers are safe. Also, you have recourse if you don't get something. They usually have a new or used DVD for sale, like in this link with "Gone With the Wind", on the right side where it says "77 new or used".

http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Wind-Ever...0314981&sr=1-1

Sometimes you will go to a page and it will have an ad near the top, bottom or side of the page, which when you click it, it will take you to another website. Those are usually how these "bad" sites operate. Their websites usually look legit. One good way to tell it's not is by what they are selling..it's something you know has not been released on DVD yet.
T-Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
jtmovies91
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91

Do avoid raredvds.tv-I was scammed out of over 200.00 from them. I can say they are a scam site.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
The Great One

Thank you for your efforts in posting all of this information. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
The Great One

Thank you for your efforts in posting all of this information. It is greatly appreciated.
The Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:28 PM   #9
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default tips

For as long as I have used Amazon, as well as other sale sites in the same catagory (ebay even, half.com, and so on) I have never had a problem.

But those sites for one , have secure servers.

The majority of what is sold through these dvd vendors, is in fact what you find in the trade world.
They organize it at times, and most often slap a nice label, picture/cover or artwork on it and that alone triples the price.
The problem is, in great deals- is once they sell- they consider the deal done.
Where as traders, take pride in their reputations and preserve future trades as well as protect the community in their own actions.
These sellers, get their cash- which is their goal. So getting a return email, a replaced disc or god forbid a refund is all but impossible.
Holding them accountable is frustrating, and truth be told, without a secure transaction your credit card information remains in their hands, long after the deal is done.

People often trade because what they wish to have isn't available for sale.
And that is a big tip off.
When you see items for sale, that aren't commerically released- they are almost always (almost) illegal- and with sites that carry illegal items- they also carry risk of getting caught. So changing names and web sites is a high occurance.
And if you can't trust in a site, problaby not a good idea to buy from it.

A lot of people have said to me, "hey i buy because no one will trade me- or I'm new to trading"

I urge them to try to find another way than going to a site as these below.

Offering to record a show, doing editing.
Boost up your own collection from making new shows perhaps-
Even offering to buy blank media, or I have even seen someone pay for a few shows that are released- all sorts of deals can be made- that will allow you to gain access to new items, without risking your own safety, privacy and possibly credit.
If all of these fails, patience - all things become available in time I firmly believe this.

I would bet, anyone who has purchased a set through one of these sites- if they posted what they got (disc by disc)
someone here has that set already and didn't pay for it.

The individuals behind such sites, aren't putting their energy into making sets, just marketing them.
(In my opinion)

The link I put below is updated, just about every day- make sure to bookmark it for your own information- and just becuase this is a trade site, don't fear asking a moderator, the owner or the community about such things.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
Anthony33
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
One of our traders (Troitribble) did some excellent leg work-

After the discussion of sales and their reputation- I thought it a good idea to post this around.

The fact is, we all are tempted to buy occasionally and some sales sites make things sound too good to be true.
Well that is often - because they are.
But WHO they are, is also a concern and question.

SitcomsOnline is a trade only site, no sales allowed, but we all know and we all have been contacted for a sale at some point.

http://tinyurl.com/2ldly4

FRAUD DETECTION

A simple way to recognize the fraud and to protect yourself:

1. Make sure that at checkout (where you enter your name and other information), you are re-directed to a secure banking server which has a different web address and URL that starts with "https". (Example: https://www.ewebcart.com..), and that there is an image of a lock appearing on the bottom of your web browser.

2. At checkout, make sure that you are NOT entering your Credit Card number on the page that belongs to a website from which you are ordering.

3. If a website offers to create an account, DO NOT enter your Credit Card number when creating an account.

Unlike legitimate merchants, ID thieves and con-artists do not use the automatic payment processing system offered by the banks because it doesn't allow them to see the customer's credit card information. The payment is processed outside of the merchant's website on highly secured servers that belong to the banking system. Only payment processing banks come in contact with the Customers' Credit Card numbers.

So, in order to collect the Credit Card numbers these ID thieves and con-artists have to use their own website. At checkout the Customers are never re-directed to the secure banking servers. Instead, they are asked to enter their Credit Card numbers at the same website operated by the same thieves and con-artists.

In addition, beware that almost all websites operated by ID thieves and con-artists offer to create a Free account with them. During their account creation process they require a customer to "register" his or her credit card with them.

Here is a list of the most common culprits:

1. DVDcollections.tv (their brand new website)

2. Allmyfavoriteshows.com

3. TVboxset.com

4. E-mediastore.tv

5. RareDVDs.tv

6. DvdAvenue.tv

7. EmpiricalFilm.tv

8. InternationalFilm.tv

9. AmericanDVD.tv

10. MyMediaOutlet.net

11. dvdigniter.com

12. tvdvdplanet.com / greattvshows.blogspot.com

13. tvaddicts.tv

14. dvdtvweb.com

15. ultimatedvdshop.com

16. Dvdcraze.tv

17. TVDVDMania.tv

18. dvddiesel.com

19. tvmilk.com

20. tvshowplanet.net (formerly tvshowplanet.info)

21. tvseries.tv

22. tvdvdland.com

23. tvondisc.com

24. TelevisionMedia.net

25. tvdvdmedia.com

26. mediaenterprises.tv

27. tvshowsdirect.com

28. dvdshowsonline.com

29. creativemediamarketing.net

30. tvdirectmedia.com

31. themediadepot.tv

32. web-worldwide.net

33. kozaksdiscount.com

34. medialimited.tv

35. getitnowdvd.com

36. tvpast.com

37. bestdvdentertainment.com

38. cddvdforall.com

39. TheBestDamnTVShows.tv

40. *********.com

As complaints accumulate, they abandon their old websites (e.g., tvondisc.com), and re-open under new names.

These "companies" have been ripping people off for years, selling bad discs, incomplete series (missing episodes), or not sending anything at all. They open up under a new domain name whenever they get caught.

InternationalFilm.tv, AmericanDVD.tv, and MyMediaOutlet.net were recently opened, but have already been abandoned, and re-appeared under new names.

DVDcollections.tv : this fraudulent website just appeared a few days ago.

Be aware, Run a check, and report any good or bad information to the group when applicable.

As a community we can protect ourselves if we inform ourselves.

Always contact a moderator to report a user pushing sales on you, or if need be the owner here- who has taken a firm stand as to trading not selling.
Always trust your gut, and remember you can report the information anonymously if need be.
Really. I've ordered a couple times from these websites too and did get what I ordered, but, as has been said before in other threads, they charge much more than most individual video traders and the quality isn't as good as you would get from a one on one deal from someone here or sites like this. But I couldn't find the stuff I was looking for anywhere else at the time. I have since learned my lesson.

What about this site I heard about forgotten stuff.com? Anyone heard anything about them?
Anthony33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default yup

I never said they don't send anything- Nor has anyone else.
What was said is their credit card information is unsecured, which on 11 of the sites I went to, held true when I posted that-

Giving refunds, I have not found one individual who got one- nor replacement discs.

A true merchant, satisfies the customer, in hopes for a new sale- or t uphold their reputation.

The majority (notice I am not saying always)
the majority of the customers are one timers- due to being displeased for one reason or another.

Many people received what they ordered- and many realize, as you said the quality- is not what they expected
Or could have gotten by trading.

It is my opinion, that once the sale is made- any problems thereafter, do not get resolved. At least not in the feedback, or personal experience I was involved in.

But a large part of why I posted this was due to the unsecured credit card issue, which a lot of people don't know how to check for- and your credit, is vastly more important than a dvd set--
Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 AM   #12
kousoushin
First Time Poster

Besides identifying an infinite number of fraudulent organizations engaged in scam activities, it helps a lot of our legitimate online traders to do online gaming commodity trading with an escrow service such as ingamex.com.ph (Internet Gaming Exchange).

Ingamex offers an escrow service, one of the most effective way today to protect trading parties from diverse forms of online scams.
kousoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #13
lorri310
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony33
Really. I've ordered a couple times from these websites too and did get what I ordered, but, as has been said before in other threads, they charge much more than most individual video traders and the quality isn't as good as you would get from a one on one deal from someone here or sites like this. But I couldn't find the stuff I was looking for anywhere else at the time. I have since learned my lesson.

What about this site I heard about forgotten stuff.com? Anyone heard anything about them?
I wish I had read this site before I had bought a dvd set from tvpast.com...what a scam! it was bootleg set of a show and it has been over 2 months and when I call the so caqlled seller he has a nerve to laugh at the situation! he is a crook, jerk and a @sshole! These sites need to be shut down once and for all and it does not help if there are people willing to buy this crap because it will be on dvd oneday. We need people to get rid of these loosers!!!!!!
lorri310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
KonfusionFTC
Cobra Kai Never Dies

Send a message via ICQ to KonfusionFTC Send a message via AIM to KonfusionFTC Send a message via MSN to KonfusionFTC Send a message via Yahoo to KonfusionFTC

a lot of tv shows will never see the light of day to retail dvd so without home made sets you wouldnt see any at all. i prefer to buy retail dvds but do research before u buy something to make sure it is really released. A lot of sites sell home made dvds as sealed dvds making you think its legit but if you cant find it on amazon each countrys website or tvshowsondvd or ezdvd australia Then you should know its going to be home made. So dont complain when that is all that is released. i do find it retarded someone to buy a home made set of a show with horrible menus when a complete series set of retails is out that can be bought. i still see some of these sites selling these type for outrages prices when people can just get store bought retails of the same show for cheaper.
KonfusionFTC is offline   Reply With Quote