Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-06-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
SeekDaGreat
Frequent Poster

Lightbulb Are we most all in agreement that Jess Rush and his brother abducted/killed Angela Ha

The recent episode of Murder in Town on the ID channel, stated they're without a doubt convinced that Jess Rush and his step brother are responsible for the "disappearance" of Angela Hammond. Considering this was one of UM' most touted, mysterious, and eery cases are we just agreeing because we want to? Or is there evidence, or anything other than convenience, to corroborate this?

I personally think they're responsible, but I feel like I want to believe that more than there's anything supporting it?
SeekDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #2
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I didn't see this episode of the show. What makes them say these two are responsible?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #3
SeekDaGreat
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci View Post
I didn't see this episode of the show. What makes them say these two are responsible?
So they basically have circumstancial evidence in Jess Rush letters to a fellow inmate in where he claims (not a quote) "you should have seen what we did to the other girls, we dumped one in such and such after such and such" and the cops literally come on and say "we have no doubt that these tow are responsible for Angela Hammond and (another lady not named Trudy" I'll try and post the exact quote but if you want faster data, Google Jess Rush letters.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #4
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Murdertown. I was thinking the brother confessed to it to another inmate in prison. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen it.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
SeekDaGreat
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarney Rose View Post
Murdertown. I was thinking the brother confessed to it to another inmate in prison. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've seen it.
Well, he doesn't confess to it by name. And he just vaguely says that there were "other girls." And if the cops knew, he'd be screwed more or less. Like I said earlier, everything was circumstancial however the cops said they have no doubt that they're responsible in the episode. Also stating that no one went missing since those three girls got abducted within a 90 mile radius. Over the course of six weeks. Nothing similar has ever happened since in that 90 mile radius
Old 09-07-2019, 08:42 PM   #6
MissKitka731
Occasional Poster

Did either one own a pickup truck with a fish decal? Was it mentioned at all?
MissKitka731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #7
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKitka731 View Post
Did either one own a pickup truck with a fish decal? Was it mentioned at all?
Exactly what i was about to bring up. That was an important part of the UM episode and the showed a truck like this in the episode. But it wasn't even touched on in Murdertown. IIRC, that showed Angela being kidnapped in a Jeep SUV.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #8
James T

Don't the cops know that Rob did it?
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #9
ddelta
Frequent Poster

I'm not. Not sure if the police know more, but they worked as a team and Angela mentioned only one person. In addition, Rob only saw one person in the car. Finally, the guy she described does not fit the description of the guy Angela described to Rob.
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #10
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelta View Post
I'm not. Not sure if the police know more, but they worked as a team and Angela mentioned only one person. In addition, Rob only saw one person in the car. Finally, the guy she described does not fit the description of the guy Angela described to Rob.
Indeed. Jess Rush was still a teenager at the time, if I'm not mistaken. I think he started college the following year. The man Angela described to Rob was older, around middle age, wearing overalls.

Rush mentioned killing others. That does not surprise me. But I don't think one of the 'others' was Angela.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #11
SeekDaGreat
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Indeed. Jess Rush was still a teenager at the time, if I'm not mistaken. I think he started college the following year. The man Angela described to Rob was older, around middle age, wearing overalls.

Rush mentioned killing others. That does not surprise me. But I don't think one of the 'others' was Angela.

So with that being said, all are valid points. However, if you watched the episode of Murder Town, Jess Rush talks about a 3rd guy I believe named "John" whom he said was his cousin or something however none such guy was ever found. Point being, there could be one more guy out there who better fit the description and vehicle that can corroborate Jess Rush's story.

I'd really like to see the letters to the other inmate in its entirety, to get a better gauge on what Jess Rush actually said, and why the police are more or less convinced they are responsible for the disappearance of Angel Hammond.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #12
GDAWG
Frequent Poster

What is interesting about these shows like Murdertown, 48 Hours and Dateline is that if they cover a mystery that was featured on UM, they go into more detail about the case, details that were never mentioned on Unsolved Mysteries. Case in point, 48 Hours did the Jodi Huisentrut case a few months ago and mentioned 2 possible suspects, something in which Unsolved Mysteries never mentioned due to it's multiple cases per show format.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:44 AM   #13
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAWG View Post
What is interesting about these shows like Murdertown, 48 Hours and Dateline is that if they cover a mystery that was featured on UM, they go into more detail about the case, details that were never mentioned on Unsolved Mysteries. Case in point, 48 Hours did the Jodi Huisentrut case a few months ago and mentioned 2 possible suspects, something in which Unsolved Mysteries never mentioned due to it's multiple cases per show format.
Yes, 3-4 segments for an hour show. Also UM was often airing appeals/segments not long after the incident-Jodi's case airing was only 6 months after the incident. These shows now have an hour for one case & with decades of developments. It is annoying though that some of these ridiculous cases like past lives got so long-20 plus minutes while important cases got 5-10.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:33 PM   #14
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post

You got to remember we only have a second hand description of the abductor from someone not around to clarify it anymore. And if he had a dirty and unkept appearance with a beard, he could have easily been either much younger or older than he appeared. You'd be surprised how much a thick beard, overalls, dirt, and glasses can make some people in their 20's look like they are in their 40's or 50's, it may have even been an intentional disguise for all we know. There is just no way of even zeroing in on an age range for the abductor given what we know. Which means he could be anywhere from in his 40's to his 80's today since this was 28 years ago.

That being said, I don't see any evidence these guys did it, we'd probably have to have more information to really make a good guess.

I know this case frustrates the hell out of people and they are desperate to tie everyone from Kenneth McDuff, to Larry Hall, to this guy to it. But the fact is there is just not enough evidence to tie anyone to it, unless law enforcement knows more than they are telling trying to trap someone.

Sadly I only give this about a 15-20% chance of being solved now. To much time passed and simply not enough evidence out there to nail anyone with no body, vehicle, or physical evidence. Unless like I said, the police know more than they are saying.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote