Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes
ABC 2019 Holiday Specials and Episodes; E! Sets Date for Reality Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #16
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Yep, Brian Buesching still has a lot of explaining to do!
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
dynoguy88

When Sandy Ferris found him, Russell was screaming for Brian to help him. So whether or not the two guys were together when Russell got attacked, he knew Brian was there or at least within shouting distance.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
When Sandy Ferris found him, Russell was screaming for Brian to help him. So whether or not the two guys were together when Russell got attacked, he knew Brian was there or at least within shouting distance.
See though dyno, we don't know if Brian was in shouting distance when Sandy Farris arrived or not. He could have merely returned to the scene at some point after she arrived from wherever he ran off to. It would be interesting to know if he remained at the scene throughout the alleged assault or what was going on.

The only thing we can safely assume (unless Russell was just flat out delirious) was that he and Brian were together at some point prior to the attack. Anything beyond that is just pure speculation as to there whereabouts of Brian and mostly surround the questions I asked, most of which have no answers:

Did he take to the hills during the alleged attack, where Sandy Farris later spotted him once medical personnel arrived at the scene?

Did he leave the scene at any point in an effort to summon help for Russell and if not, why didn't he do this?

Why once it had been established that any immediate threat to his well being had dissipated did he not return to his friend's side despite Russell screaming for him to help him?
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #19
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

i dont think i ever put in my thoughts on this case, so i will do so now. i think that Evans was murdered and likely by the teens who had the issue with Russell's friend. my best guess is it was a fight that went out of hand, they saw Evans, remembered him as (in their opinion, cleary not mine) the punk kid who was trying to fight them, so they decided to get pay back on him and fought him, i think Brian may have saw the fight from afar, likely came up to him when the group left and checked on him, didnt want to get involved and then ran off, i wouldnt be shocked if he even set him up and told the guys where Evans was.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #20
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

The only problem I have with the murdered by the teens from the park theory is that the article states that Russell was found three hours after the altercation in the park. What were the "home boys" doing that entire time? Where they driving around when they just happened onto Russell walking home? What are the odds of that happening? And why brutally kill Russell when the issue was mostly with his friend and his friend's girlfriend? Seems like overkill over a simple fight in the park, IMO.

Anyone else think it's almost an axiom of criminal investigation to speak to every eyewitness to a crime about what they saw? Why police never bothered to interview Sandy Ferris is beyond me.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #21
Francium
Frequent Poster

Like a handful of cases from UM, I feel a score of people know exactly who did this or know someone who does know, and these things were talked about over time at parties involving alcohol where people vent past issues that sound dramatic. But when people of authority are around, like parents, teachers, or cops, everyone has kept an unspoken code of silence.

What gets me about people like "Brian" is why they have not chosen to spill the bills 20+ years after this all happened. My guess is he's friends with at least one of the guys involved with killing Russell.
Francium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #22
bluejazz87
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
Yep, Brian Buesching still has a lot of explaining to do!
Probably has a nice seat in Hell warmed up waiting for him too.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #23
Eldivino
Occasional Poster

I found this today;

In 1989, Russell Evans was killed, by ex- Ferris high school students; one of them told me he did it and he graduated from Ferris in 1988. This is how I was told, for what happened, which killed Russell Evans: A four door car, full with four 18-20 year old young adults, sitting in the back seats of that car was a Darrel (not Darnel) and the killer Thomas J. GROH (TJ). Thomas J. GROH (TJ) told me they were driving down the hill and they saw a tall kid walking on the side of the road, and Thomas J. GROH said they just wanted to scare the kid; the car pulled up next to Russell Evans, like the "Dukes of Hazard", and grabbed a hold of Russell Evans and took off down the hill, holding Russell Evans along the side of the car. When the car took off, down the hill, holding onto Russell Evans, Russell's long legs, went back and under the rear wheel of the car, while Russell Evans was being held by THOMAS J. GROH (TJ)- through the back door window of the car, and Russell Evans feet were ran over by the rear wheel. That is how Russell Evans shoe was found at the top of the hill, and how the shoe had come off from Russell Evans. At the bottom of the hill, Thomas J. GROH (TJ) let Russell Evans go, and that is were Russell Evans had died. Remember that Russell Evans was a tall 12 year, that maybe was thought to be older, because of his height. Thomas J. GROH, a year after Russell Evans murder, had gone to Washington's Walla Walla state prison, for around 7 years for an assault charge. TJ Groh, is the murderer, who told me he was involved, with what is said above; You can even ask TJ Grohs girlfriend, Holly, I'm sure he told her. Also, if anyone would like to debate me on what I was told, then why don't you first do forensics on the two shoes, found on the hill, for tire rubber. Or do those shoes exist today, in Spokanes unsolved murder evidence department. Or could it be a cover up, because you don't see the reward poster, that was in on the wall, inside Spokane south hills Round Table Pizza, on Regal Street. Thomas J. GROH (TJ) showed me that framed reward poster, at that pizza place, after he said what happened to Russell Evans.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/vnn/5847712176.html
Eldivino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:01 AM   #24
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Holy cow.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #25
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Do family, friends, and authorities know about this? Presumably if it appeared on Craigslist years ago, they've been notified?

Last edited by Cori aka ChrisSCrush; 10-30-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #26
tsaun
Frequent Poster

Why isn't this getting more traffic?
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #27
tsaun
Frequent Poster

It looks like Eldivino submitted it to Unsolved and then Unsolved forwarded it to the police.
tsaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #28
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun
It looks like Eldivino submitted it to Unsolved and then Unsolved forwarded it to the police.
I certainly hope so, and that the police have something to say about it once it is thoroughly investigated.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #29
cdr369
Frequent Poster

I believe both his parents are now dead. Hopefully someone (maybe a sibling?) will still be around to put pressure on detectives.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:42 AM   #30
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Early deaths seem to be common among parents that have children that are murdered or found dead under suspicious circumstances. It's cliché but also true in a way that one could say they died from "broken hearts".
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote