Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics / Random Posts

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Developing Serendipity Series; Designing Women Making Streaming Media Debut
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: ABC; Antenna TV Acquires The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss? and More
Dancing with the Stars Cast for Season 28; Lilly Singh Gets NBC Primetime Special
Decades Celebrates Bob Newhart's 90th Birthday with Big Marathon; Wanda Sykes & Mike Epps Get Netflix Sitcom
James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #241
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Sony announced in June 2013 that they were working on "Bad Teacher 2" with Cameron Diaz in mind to return.

Bad Teacher director Jake Kasdan was due to return.

In April 2018, while out promoting Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Kasdan was asked about the status of the Bad Teacher sequel.

He told moviehole.net, "I think itís probably unlikely at this stage Iím afraid. We could never really figure it out, even though we loved making that movie and I loved working with Cameron but I think itís probably unlikely that weíd do a Bad Teacher sequel."

Cameron Diaz also retired from acting after her role as Miss Hannigan in Annie (2014).
Attached Images

JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:05 AM   #242
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Another sequel that's been talked about but never happened is a fifth Subspecies film. Director Ted Nicolaou, Anders Hove and Denice Duff were at Chiller where I got to meet them today.

I asked them all individually on the status of the film as I mentioned to them that I met Full Moon's staff at another Chiller back in 2014 where they said it was going to happen. Anders Hove and Denise Duff mentioned that there have been some recent developments within "the past few weeks", but Anders Hove said he's not getting his hopes up until it "actually starts happening."

Ted Nicolaou said that these recent developments are the closest that they've ever had on seeing it happen and he wants to get the chance to do it "before everyone's dead."

Looks like a 5th Subspecies film is indeed happening. A digital release (through Amazon) is scheduled for 2/14/20. Ted Nicolaou is directing w/ Anders Hove and Denise Duff returning.

The film will be a prequel going into Radu's origins

Old 04-30-2019, 01:45 AM   #243
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

It was announced back in 2009 that there were plans to turn "The Haunting in..." into a franchise, but it didn't happen.

Gold Circle Films, the producers behind The Haunting in Connecticut, had plans for "The Haunting in New York" and "The Haunting in Georgia".
Old 04-30-2019, 02:02 AM   #244
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

In late 2013, Itís a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story was announced for the 2015 holiday season. Film financing entity Star Partners and Hummingbird Prods, a music producing company for commercials, were behind the sequel plans.

The story was to be about George Bailey's not-so-good grandson being visited by his Aunt Zuzu (to be played by original film actress Karolyn Grimes) who is now an angel showing him how much better off the world would be had be never been born.

Paramount then vowed to fight the sequel plans as they argued that the companies didn't have all of the necessary rights. The sequel was then scrapped.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:24 PM   #245
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
There was talk of a sequel to the horror-comedy Zombieland (2009) for a while after it came out.

The creators and the cast seemed to be enthusiastic about it.

However, the movie sequel was put on hold when they decided they were going to pitch a Zombieland television series instead.

The Zombieland sequel is now coming out -- Zombieland: Double Tap arrives on Oct. 18th.

Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg, and Abigail Breslin are returning.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #246
Torgo
I wanna go back
Forum Veteran

There was going to be a sequel to the 2010 horror film If A Tree Falls, it was titled If A Tree Falls 2: Exist To Exit. It was announced in 2013.

Even talked about here, with a teaser poster http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/03/...-tree-falls-2/

They even provided a link to an official Facebook page, but the FB page no longer exists.
Attached Images

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #247
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

1974's Foxy Brown was originally going to be a sequel to 1973's Coffy called Burn Coffy Burn!.

The studio decided at the last minute not to do a sequel and re-worked the script into an unrelated film.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2019, 10:24 AM   #248
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

After various delays and other projects for Stallone, a fifth Rambo film is indeed happening.

Rambo: Last Blood is set for Sept. 2019.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #249
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Kevin Costner Says Princess Diana Almost Starred in The Bodyguard Sequel
by Sydney Bucksbaum
June 28, 2019

Kevin Costner recently sat down with Lola Ogunnaike on PeopleTVís Couch Surfing to reveal the royalty he almost landed as his costar for the scrapped sequel.

ďThe studio liked the idea of doing a Bodyguard 2 with Princess Diana in the same kind of capacity as Whitney. Nobody really knew that for about a year. Sarah Ferguson was the one who set up the conversations.

I just remember her being incredibly sweet on the phone when she asked the questions. She goes, ĎAre we going to have like a kissing scene?í But she said it in a very respectful ó she was a little nervous because I think her life was very governed.
Ē

https://ew.com/movies/2019/06/28/pri...yguard-sequel/
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2019, 02:41 PM   #250
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Dan Schneider had written a script for a Good Burger sequel, but Nickelodeon did not green light it. Steve Holland adapted the story into a paperback book, called Good Burger 2 Go, released in 1998.

The plot is about Ed chasing after a short-changed (18 cents) customer around the world, while the restaurant is trying to get his secret sauce recipe officially licensed.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2019, 10:56 PM   #251
Torgo
I wanna go back
Forum Veteran

Tales From The Darkside 2

Laurel Productions initially announced a sequel to the film in October 1990. A screenplay was written by the first film's screenwriters Michael McDowell and George Romero, along with Gahan Wilson. Segments planned included an adaptation of Robert Bloch's "Almost Human," alongside adaptations of Stephen King's short stories "Pinfall" (originally planned for Creepshow 2) and "Rainy Season." This sequel, however, never came to fruition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_...#Unmade_sequel
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:48 AM   #252
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

The 4th film in the Divergent series, Ascendant, was scrapped after Allegiant bombed. It was originally planned for a March 2017 release.

It was announced in Sept. 2016 that Lionsgate and Starz were looking into making the 4th film a TV-movie that would lead into its own television series. Divergent star Shailene Woodley said that she refused to sign on as she "didn't want to do a television series."

The TV film/series were eventually scrapped.
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2019, 02:10 AM   #253
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran

Paramount was planning another Star Trek: The Next Generation movie that would have been the Voy., DS9 and Next Gen. crews. But when STAR TREK: NEMISIS did so poorly; plans were scrapped.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #254
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Director Nick Castle (known to horror fans as the original Michael Myers) revealed in a 2018 interview with Bloody Disgusting that he was working on a sequel to The Last Starfighter (1984).

"This was 10 years ago or more, maybe 12 years ago. I think it was 2005 and it was going to be at that point a 30 year, 35 year sequel. It was literally a sequel where Lance Guest and Catherine Marie Stewart, the leads were going to come back as parents.

We had a fun script so Iím not sure right now where Jonathan Betuel is going to take it. He has a partner named Gary Whitta who wrote Rogue One so heís in good company there. Hopefully, theyíll mount something fun and weíll see our characters again.
"

https://bloody-disgusting.com/interv...d-new-revival/
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2019, 06:17 PM   #255
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky View Post
Paramount was planning another Star Trek: The Next Generation movie that would have been the Voy., DS9 and Next Gen. crews. But when STAR TREK: NEMISIS did so poorly; plans were scrapped.
Probably just as well. Creatively, Star Trek was played out by that point.

Of the four Next Gen movies, only one (First Contact) was great and Insurrection, while not loved by a lot of fans, was pretty good IMO.

ST needed a rest and seven years later, the reboot of classic Trek gave the franchise a shot in the arm.

It would appear, however, that the rebooted Star Trek film franchise is pretty much dead or in some kind of overlong limbo.