Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soap links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Soap Photo Gallery

Soap - The Complete First Season

Buy Soap - The Complete First Season on DVD
Soap - The Complete Second Season

Buy Soap - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Soap - The Complete Third Season

Buy Soap - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Soap - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Soap - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Soap - The Complete Series

Buy Soap - The Complete Series on DVD
Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Soap

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine
The Flintstones Coming to MeTV in Fall 2019; Lifetime Tackles The College Admissions Scandal

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #31
Miss Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I know that I'm in the minority - but I liked El Puerco. Of course, I'm very biased because he was played by Gregory Sierra (). I would've resolved the plot by having Jessica and El marry - it would've been the perfect revenge against Chester for all his years of fooling around and fathering a baby with her own sister!! I also think it would've been a kick if Jessica and El had a baby - Mary had a late in life pregnancy, so why couldn't Jess? That REALLY would've made Chester's blood boil!!
I'm not a huge fan of El Puerco, but I am a big fan of Jessica getting back at Chester, and I have to agree that El Puerco was a lot better for Jessica than Chester ever was. Those two getting married would have been good, I would have enjoyed it, especially if Chester was there at the wedding and we could see him get mad. The baby thing, I don't know. Maybe. It just seems like all the babies born on that show had to have something bizarre with them, or they didn't even get mentioned. Corrine's baby was possessed, and then it was barely mentioned after that. Mary's baby might have been an alien. Then Jodie's baby had a story line when she was kidnapped. I'm not quite sure what they would have done with Jessica's baby if they would've had one.

~♥~"No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it."~♥~
- Grace Slick

http://deviantrose112.posterous.com/
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
mets82

I liked Soap but Jessica could be a little dippy at times, borderline annoying. Remember when she was on trial for killing Peter? I mean I understand that the character has to be a little dippy but how hard is it to take the fact that your on trial for killing somebody??

As for the cliffhanger, I thought it was ok. I thought Soap was missing something by the time the show ended. I dont know what but I dont think it was as funny as it was in the beginning. I would like to know what happen with the cliffhangers though. I dont think Billy, Dutch or Eunice were in the final episode. Even if Soap came back for another season, how do you do a show w/o one of your major players, like Jessica, if shes dead?

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #33
Miss Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
I liked Soap but Jessica could be a little dippy at times, borderline annoying. Remember when she was on trial for killing Peter? I mean I understand that the character has to be a little dippy but how hard is it to take the fact that your on trial for killing somebody??
I always thought that part of her character wanted to believe that everything was always right in the world in the beginning of the show. Remember when she didn't believe that Chester had been cheating on her? And remember how bad she felt about cheating with Peter? She was also in denial of the fact that Corrine was sleeping around and Eunice was having an affair. It was more or less like she just wanted to block all of that out, and naturally, when you do that for everything else, she wanted to ignore everything that was going on with her murder trial. I even remember one episode where Mary told her that she can't just always ignore the bad and notice the good, that she had to deal with both.
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #34
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

I just finished watching season 4 last week and every time I see the final episode it makes me so mad to know that we'll never know what happened. I like to imagine that Jessica was saved by El, Juan Juan, Billy, Dutch, Saunders, and even Benson. As for the rest of the characters left in danger who knows.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #35
steevo
It is Green

I have a couple of possible theories on what might have happened in a season five resolution:

Jessica survives the shooting as family members were able to get to South America and place blanks in the shotguns.

As he is about to shoot Danny and Annie after finding them in bed, Chester suddenly blanks out again (as he did in season two) and disappears again.

Burt is saved from the ambush by the aliens (returning from season three) who were disguised as one of the criminals. They soon judge Burt an unfit parent to Scotty (who is revealed to be fathered by the alien) and ask that he be given up to them.

Rehashes from past seasons? Perhaps, but just theories nonetheless
Old 09-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #36
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

Nice theories Steevo. I'd like to expand on that and add that Burt has to prove he is a good father to scotty and realizes that he loves his family and he ends up not running for office. Any ideas on how to resolve Jody's predicament?
comedyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #37
caladon

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
Any ideas on how to resolve Jody's predicament?
Here are two possible resolutions:

1) Carol's Mom visits Jodie to check on Wendy, when she learns that he's stuck believing that he's Julius Kassendorf. She suggests that it would be better if she took care of Wendy until he's back to normal. As they get ready to leave, Wendy begins crying. Jodie holds her one last time and then she says her first word: Da-da. This simple act brings Jodie back.

2) Once Burt has squared things away with the aliens, they zap Jodie back to normal as a favor to Burt.

Last edited by caladon; 09-07-2012 at 02:24 AM.
caladon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #38
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

That sounds really good too.
comedyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote