Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #121
scm80
Scott UM
Frequent Poster

I haven't posted here in a few years, but this was one case that really made me sad. To his mother and sister, I'm really sorry for your loss.

I just watched this segment today. I really get choked up, watching it, reading here about his mother's pain.

And that person (So, I'm glad everybody knows him) laughs at his "fight", my blood just boils.
scm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:38 AM   #122
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecelia Campo
I think your right. I also agree that Jonny was there and witnessed what ever happened to Jeremy. He was never the same after that night. I believe that Jonny was threatend with his family being next if he ever told. I tried many times to get Jonny to remember but he couldnt. He has been a mental case every since that night. I think something happened to him also but he has suppresed it so deep in his mind he cant tell what happened to them that night. I wish someone would tell what happened. It was David Steinhof that I ran into that night and he was covered in blood. I dont think he ws in a fight there was to much blood for that. It would be nice to talk to you through email and I can share with you what I remember. I will be watching this sight to hear from you. thanks Cecelia Campo aka Cecelia Fish
I sent you a message
Ste-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #123
Steve W.
Forum Regular

I found this on another message board (can't remember the name) when I "Googled" Jeremy Bright. It was from someone whose username was "Jethro":

(Jethro) "I was told by a certain coquille resident, in tears, about a confession she had heard from one of the persons of interest who said that they took Jeremy from the fairgrounds, and that his body is supposedly in a capped of well in the middle creek area somewhere."

And from everything I've read, seen, or heard about this case, this is my basic idea of what I think happened:

Jeremy gets off the phone with his mother. Very shortly after that, David Steinhoff, Terry Steinhoff (now deceased), Hoyt Richardson, or some group of guys that included at least one of these three, sees Jeremy and asks him if he wants to go hang out somewhere real quick. He probably mentions that he needs to go meet up with his sister, but maybe it was something like them saying, "Hey, we got this gun, you want to try it out? It'll be real quick and we'll be back soon." or "Your sister will be fine at the carnival. Don't worry, we'll be back soon."

Then Jeremy goes off with these guys that I believe are some combination or include David Steinhoff, Terry Steinhoff, or Hoyt Richardson. One of them probably drives or walks off to somewhere no more than a few miles from payphone where Jeremy was last seen at. Johnny Fish either went with Jeremy and the guys or was at the place that they went.

At the new place that they are at, one or more of the guys either tells Jeremy to go out and do something, then does the target practice thing that has always been a theory and accidentally shoots Jeremy once or multiple times or the Steinhoff brothers or Hoyt Richardson intentionally shot Jeremy and Johnny witnessed either the accidental shooting or the intentional shooting.

They decide on some way to conceal Jeremy's body or worse (I'm sorry to bring this up but it might have happened and could be a way to figure out how Jeremy might be found), they dismemeber it and then conceal it, either in the ground somewhere, a body of water somewhere, or as "Jethro" said, a capped-off well somewhere.

I think Jeremy's remains are still somewhere in southern Oregon and could be found if someone just found the right spot.

This is my basic theory of what happened to Jeremy.

I'm very sorry if I end up upsetting Jeremy's mother, sister, or Johnny's sister or husband, who I see have posted messages on this thread. My condolences to you.

If I had to guess the truth about what happened to Jeremy and where he is, that would be my basic idea.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #124
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

This is such an intriguing and intresting case, but its one of the most infuriating I have ever seen on UM. Not just with the people who refuse to talk after all these years, but with the naive police too who waited an astonishing THREE MONTHS before doing anything. Just imagining Jeremy having to suffer for 2 agonizing weeks with bullet wounds, probably begging his offenders to take him to the hospital in every conscious moment that passes him by is too much.

I think its been so many years since the police have had another lead that they should just try searching that area around the cabin. I mean, what have they got to lose?

And I find it great how both Jeremy's mother, sister, and a witness have posted on this thread. If only every other case thread could be like this. Oh how I wish...
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:14 AM   #125
Steve W.
Forum Regular

My belief is that Terry Steinhoff (deceased) and/or David Steinhoff (he is in fact the person that was portrayed in the segment as the guy who was seen with blood all over his shirt by Cecilia Fish) killed Jeremy (whether it was accidental or intentional, I'm not sure).

That bad feeling I have though is that his remains have never been found due to whatever they did with his body after they killed him, which might explain the supposedly excessive blood that was on David Steinhoff's shirt. Because if they had shot him, you would think that he wouldn't have had much, if any, blood on his shirt.

But I agree that people should dig around that cabin area where he was rumored to be to look for his remains.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #126
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

It looks like Johnny Fish has passed away:

http://www.squidoo.com/pollyklaas/am...ldjeremybright

"Johnny has joined his loved ones and his BFF Jeremy. He is finally rid of the anguish that plagued him for most of his teens and all of his adult life. Johnny did his best to help in finding Jeremy. He willingly cooperated with EVERYTHING that was asked of him. If he had the truth - it was buried so deeply and so traumatically - that even he could not reach it. It is a sad thing that evil incarnate arrived in Myrtle Point and ruined so many promising lives. Rest in Peace Johnny."
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #127
dynoguy88

That's too bad. Some of those comments on the site you linked are interesting. Especially this one made by Cecelia Fish...

Quote:
I'm Cecelia Fish and I feel for Jeremy's family I also live with not knowing what happened all those years ago. My brother whom is Jonny Gray was one of the last to see Jeremy. I feel that Jonny was there and saw what ever happened He has never been the same since that night he came back to my sisters apartment. What ever he saw must have been very horific to him. I saw David that night covered in blood and was told by police that he had cuts to his forehead that created the blood I had seen on him. I had in the past been a neighbor to David and his girlfriend and had seen him after fights he had with his girlfriend before and I told police at that time he had to much blood to have come from the scratches I had seen on him in the days after Jeremy's disappearance. David's family was well known in Myrtlepoint and they were very scary to all that knew them. I feel that they did something to both Jeremy and Jonny and then threatened Jonny with his family if he told anyone. I feel that we also lost Jonny from that night on. He has been a mental mess every since this has happened. I wish the police had looked deeper into the blood covered person I saw that night. I feel he knows what we all need to know what happened to Jeremy?
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #128
chacha6581
Forum Regular

This episode is on now. It used to scare me so bad when I was a kid. I really hope that they can solve this one day.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #129
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha6581
This episode is on now. It used to scare me so bad when I was a kid. I really hope that they can solve this one day.
If anyone can ever get David Steinhoff to talk about what happened, then it might get solved.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #130
chacha6581
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
If anyone can ever get David Steinhoff to talk about what happened, then it might get solved.
In my heart, I believe there are several people that can solve this case. Small town, small group of people, big secret. Maybe if one goes down, they all go down. There is a case that is breaking right now in Michigan that also involves a dead teen (however there was a body) from the 1980's. The suspects at the t.o.d. were all teens, with other teens as witnesses. People are starting to talk now that they are older, and hopefully wiser. Here is the case if you guys want to peek. Im also on the FB page for it.

http://www.crimewiresite.com/apps/fo...n-june-26-1983
chacha6581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #131
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha6581
In my heart, I believe there are several people that can solve this case. Small town, small group of people, big secret. Maybe if one goes down, they all go down. There is a case that is breaking right now in Michigan that also involves a dead teen (however there was a body) from the 1980's. The suspects at the t.o.d. were all teens, with other teens as witnesses. People are starting to talk now that they are older, and hopefully wiser. Here is the case if you guys want to peek. Im also on the FB page for it.

http://www.crimewiresite.com/apps/fo...n-june-26-1983
His case (the circumstances) looks similar to the Russell Evans case featured on UM. Obviously, it was about 6 years before the Evans case, but they were both teens and both were initially believed to be victims of a hit-and-run.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #132
Steve W.
Forum Regular

BTW, Jeremy Bright's birthday was on Wednesday (5/25). He would be 39 years young now.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #133
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
BTW, Jeremy Bright's birthday was on Wednesday (5/25). He would be 39 years young now.
Poor Jeremy. I really hope they can come to a resolution. It's annoying that people won't talk after almost 25 years. Does anyone know if the cabin area was found/searched? I forgot if it was mentioned in the segment.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #134
DetailsTellAll
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
Poor Jeremy. I really hope they can come to a resolution. It's annoying that people won't talk after almost 25 years. Does anyone know if the cabin area was found/searched? I forgot if it was mentioned in the segment.
Yea, from what the segment said it was searched and nothing was found.
DetailsTellAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #135
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

I haven't read this whole thread, but I take it the theory of those 3 bullies shooting him in the lake and throwing his body somewhere and walking into the apartment hallway covered in blood (with a female witness approaching them) has been disregarded? or is it still the only lead?
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote