Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Gets Animated with Royals Comedy; Netflix Announces Premiere Date for Sophia Lillis Comedy
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE
Default Paula Abdul's reality show HEY PAULA...

They had a mini-marathon of her new reality show last week in the middle of the night and decided to watch and see what happens.

Paula seems incoherent most of the time in one episode and more so than NOT in the rest. She is behaving very very weird, more than she did when she had that fiasco of an interview that started the "drinking" rumors. The only times she seems "normal" is when she is talking to the camera and telling the viewers abt what we will see next.

She has an episode in a limo where she is stating she hasn't slept in so many hours and how she behaves is a very scary thing.

Paula Abdul gets some quality time with one of her Chihuahuas.

Taped in Los Angeles by Scott Sternberg Prods. Executive producers, Scott Sternberg, David Russo, Paula Abdul; co-executive producer, Lenid Rolov; producer, Jason Sands; supervising producer, Tracy Whitaker; director, Sands.

On "American Idol," Paula Abdul refuses to say anything negative about a contestant: If they're awful singers, she compliments them on their hair or wardrobe. Bravo's new reality show offers a Paula Abdul who is apparently her evil twin, demanding to be pampered by hairstylists, assistants and QVC personnel. All "Hey Paula" teaches viewers is that nothing that goes wrong in her life is ever her fault. Now, the big question is whether viewers will care about a day in the life of the "Idol" judge.
Early into the first half-hour of the seven-episode series, we're introduced to her entourage: publicist Jeff, hairstylist Daniel and wardrobe assistant Kylie. And what cultural icon would be caught dead without a Chihuahua, so Abdul has Bessie Moo, Chomps, Thumbelina and Tulip all yapping incessantly, nearly swallowing a million-dollar ring and leaving deposits in the backyard that housekeeper Marina has to pick up.

After Daniel's four hours of preparing her for the Grammys, she's properly groomed, coiffed and squeezed into a Valentino dress. And it's off to the big show at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, but when Joan Rivers refuses to shower her with red-carpet praise, Abdul feels a bit let down.

Immediately after the kudocast, Abdul has to rush to LAX and hop a red-eye flight to Philadelphia to tubthump her jewelry on QVC, where her signature line is a big seller. In the rush, she says she's feeling unloved by her peeps.

Someone has packed tight jeans for Abdul to change into, but not her sweats for the long flight; now she won't be able to sleep. She blames her assistant. Plus, she has no idea where her ID is, which makes it tough for her to board the plane. She blames the assistant again. Later, she becomes upset with the QVC employees because it's not the jewelry she had intended to sell. It's their fault.

Abdul's stamina is impressive. She's up for nearly 48 hours, full of vigor throughout the telecast, and gets a bit verklempt and teary eyed when an older woman calls in to tell her how much she's meant to her. It's a bit difficult to think how the two ladies might relate, but, hey, inspiration comes in unusual ways.

As in any reality show, much of the drama and dialogue is amped up for entertainment's sake, but even then, gems such as "I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am," and, "At first, people see me as a celebrity, but then they realize I'm just an everyday girl," seem a bit too calculated.

Wonder if Randy and Simon are "everyday" guys?

Production values are adequate enough to get the point across, but seem a bit less professional than Bravo's other reality skeins.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Paula...incoherent!? NOOOO!! Irene, you're breaking my heart.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
Mistress Slap
Sunworshipper
Forum Regular

What a mess.

Ron Paul for President

“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Ferdinand Magellan
Mistress Slap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Paula...incoherent!? NOOOO!! Irene, you're breaking my heart.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
MonarC
The truth will set you free

There is definately something going on with that woman. I know first hand that no sleep will make you act crazy. It seems like something more though. Maybe Rx drugs?
MonarC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
Lodee

Irene and Monar, I agree. She's like what? 45 years old and acts like a drunken teenager and says it's just because she's tired?
Lodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
Brieannas21

She's on that stuff

No normal person acts that way, even when you're dead tired you still don't slur speech and act out of it.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

I am glad you all seen what I seen.

I had insomnia a few years back and no matter how dead tired I was (but still not being able to sleep) I was not being jerky, slurring my speech, acting drunk, etc. Her behavior is like a person who is tweaking. I am not saying she is using illegal drugs (which she keeps denying) but there are Rx drugs that can be abused. I know she says she uses painkillers for various ailments, did it ever occur to her or her doctor that it is causing her these "fits" and inexplicable behavior?

She keeps implying it indeed is insomnia, why on earth with all that money at her disposal, she can't find a doctor who can prescribe her something to help her? The very first doctor I seen prescribed me three different meds and for me to try each one and see which one works best. It took 6 months but I finally found one that did help. Nowadays, I use Benadryl to help me sleep.

Also, I notice in the episodes she has to keep asking for money from her different assistants and her agent for various things. She keeps saying, "I haven't any money." WTF????????
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote