Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Perfect Strangers links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Perfect Strangers Photo Gallery

Perfect Strangers - The Complete First and Second Seasons

Buy Perfect Strangers - The Complete First and Second Seasons on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Perfect Strangers

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Moves New Drama to Thursday Night; Veep Star Heads to Hulu
HBO Comedy Betty to Premiere May 1; Molly Shannon Is a Big Deal on Showtime
AMC Gets Alternating Single-Camera and Multi-Camera Sitcom; Bunk'd Returning for Season 5
Friends Reunion Officially on HBO Max in May 2020; Modern Family Fan Favorite Episodes Marathon
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 24, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Lark Voorhies Unhappy with Saved by the Bell Reboot Snub; Remembering Ja'Net DuBois
Fri-Yay: Single Parents Quietly Becoming ABC's Best Sitcom; BET+ Gets Bigger with Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January/February)

Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #31
JO Sweet Heart

In the season one episode named Baby, You Can Drive Me Car, we learn that Larry's family only had one car. I hope that it was a van because that is the only way that the whole family could fit in the vehicle at one time with Larry being one of nine kids.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 01-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #32
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Well don't forget that Cousin Larry's father got him a car with the Appleton System. It may not have been his Mustang which was blue in the show but red in the intro theme song. So I'm sure people didn't plan that far ahead on the show for inconsistencies.
Cousin Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:28 PM   #33
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

A hammer toe is a deformity that causes your toe to bend or curl downward instead of pointing forward. This deformity can affect any toe on your foot. It most often affects the second or third toe.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #34
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart Wrote:

Whenever I watch the Better Shop Around episode in season three, all I can do is shake my head when I hear the voice read out what is being run over the bar code scanner. I have no recollection of ever once seeing that done in front of me whenever I was at the store back in them days.

===============

This was done just for the show to give something to fill up time or to add a few jokes to the show. I've never seen this in any supermarket either. Don't think their is any real purpose for such technology to exist.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:42 PM   #35
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart Wrote:

What song is Balki singing at the beginning of the Almost Live From Chicago season five episode?

===========

The song is called Peter Paul & May - Lemon Tree. The lyrics Balki sings is at 30 seconds of this clip here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GuwDfXlHk
Old 01-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #36
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart Wrote:

Earlier today I watched the season four opener when Balki buys a lottery ticket with Larry's dollar. What song is it that we hear Balki sing at one point? I love to hear Bronson sing so much and uh...move too.

---------------------

The song he is singing is "If I were a rich man" the song is famous for the movie Fiddler on the Roof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc
Old 01-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #37
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart Wrote:

I was watching the season three Defiant Guys episode last night and my big question for Larry is this one: "If Jennifer had approached you instead of Balki about borrowing your car, what you have let her?"
==============================

At that point Cousin Larry would have laid across the ground for her to walk all over him if it were to give her an ounce of pleasure. He would have gladly done anything for her at her request. But since Cousin Larry and I share a few eccentricities and neurotic behavior or rather he's probably the cause of some of it watching this show as a kid so much, I can answer you this, he would have either given it to her and planned ahead to get a cab to go to work, gotten out of the apartment earlier to allow for some buffer room time to be late taking public transportation, or driven her himself.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:02 PM   #38
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart wrote:

I would love to know if the girl who plays Larry's sister Elaine in the season two closer is really the one playing the piano near the end of the episode.

================

Hard to say. I pride myself on having a keen eye especially after watching so many crime detective shows/movies. First thing I tried to do was look if her hands matched on the piano to when she's on screen. A few seconds after she plays the piano she and the boys are back the apartment wearing the same ring on her finger. So for all we know, the wardrobe people knew to give the stand in the same dress and ring. But there was something that bothered me which was the smokiness of the lounge they were in. When showing Elaine's hands, we see it very clear. Cut back to the people around and it's far too smokey.I checked the actresses imdb bio and nothing about her having musical tallents:

Sue Ball was born on March 2, 1967 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. She is an actress and director, known for Moving Targets (1999), So Much Fun and My Mother's Early Lovers (1998).
Old 01-19-2020, 08:10 PM   #39
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart wrote:

What song is Balki and Mary Anne singing together when they come home from the fair during the first part of the final episode. It sounds like the same song that Balki sings by himself at the beginning of the season six episode named Call Me Indestructible.

=================

The answer is this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIiZuAVZH4w

Not sure if they sing it originally or just sing it for a show and not the original authors of the song.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #40
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart wrote:

How was Larry able to get to the top of that mountain faster than Balki and Mary-Anne did during the season six episode named Black Widow?
===============

Can't for the life of me answer that because there is no answer. A beter question would be hopw did he do it without any gear whatsoever. They had all this climbing gear and yet he did it with just his bare hands?
Old 01-19-2020, 08:21 PM   #41
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart Wrote:

Another thing that I would love to know is how the scenes with Bart were filmed. When we saw both his face and Balki's face in the party scene for example when Balki tells everyone about him and Bart teaming up to get the new beach product out there, how was that done? I wonder about this because I saw it done once on another show and the way it was done there was so amazing. The person was sitting in a chair and standing behind the person was that same person, but dressed up as another character. At one point they got on their knees and so their face was then in the same camera shot with their self sitting in the chair. We see the person's face in both spots. How is that kind of filming done? Actress Michelle Stafford of The Young And The Restless was the person. She is the character on there named Phyllis. Years ago when I was an avid watcher of the show, she played another character named Shelia. She stood behind herself as Shelia while she sat in a chair as Phyllis. When Michelle got on her knees behind that chair, her face is in the camera shot while we see her sitting there in that chair as Phyllis. We see her face as that character in the camera shot too. How is that possible?

==========

The way Hollywood does these shows is you have the actor play one role with a look-a-like playing the opposite role for the audience then when they leave, you have the look-a-like role reshot with the main actor on the other side. In Editing they put in the video of a green screen added to the shot footage and you have a way to see both twins in one frame. If you'll notice the same was done when Bronson had to play momma. Either his voice is louder or Momma's voice is louder. You'll also notice a little flickering to the one who isn't really there around the corners/edges.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:23 PM   #42
JO Sweet Heart

^^^ Thank you so much for helping me out.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
JO Sweet Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #43
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

You're very welcome. I can try to answer the rest if you'd like.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:57 PM   #44
Cousin Jack
Frequent Poster

Jo Sweet Heart wrote:

Something I found out about a year ago was that Bronson got in trouble blabbing on the Arsenio Hall show that one of the people on the show Perfect Strangers cut part of a dance/singing routine. He came back on the Arsenio show to apologize and to say that he will never talk negatively about the show again. He'd learned his lesson.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #45
JO Sweet Heart

^^^ If Bronson was being honest in whatever was put out there, I don't see a reason why an apology had to be made.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
JO Sweet Heart is offline   Reply With Quote