Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
matt77b
Frequent Poster

Default David and the Mermaid

I just saw, for the first time ever, the episode "David and the Mermaid" from 1963. I really enjoyed it . . . a funny episode, and one of the relatively few (to my mind at least) that focused on Dave and June. I also noticed that at the women's club dance scene at the end of the episode, members of Rick's band (including James Burton) were on the stage, even though they weren't actually shown performing (nor was Rick on the stage. In fact, he only made a brief appearance at the beginning of the episode.)

Anyway, it's nice to still see, every now and then, an episode that I haven't seen before. I have the 100-ep Mill Creek set, all the Shout Factory sets, and a few other O&H DVDs, but this one isn't on any of them.
matt77b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
jesmelric
Frequent Poster

That is one of my favorites, also!! I saw it maybe about two years ago? I think it's definitely one of the best of the later ones. I typically prefer the David/June ones as to the Rick/Kris ones, some how they came off a little bit nicer to me.
jesmelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend

I saw it a few months ago on You Tube. A very nice ep...and that poor girl...stuck in the mermaid suit. (Time to see it again.)

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
matt77b
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
I saw it a few months ago on You Tube. A very nice ep...and that poor girl...stuck in the mermaid suit. (Time to see it again.)
I saw it on Retro TV, but YouTube certainly has become a great place to find episodes of O&H, often complete and with commercials even. I guess collectors of 16mm films of the show, which were pretty common at one point, have put many of them on there. In many ways, this is great. We fans can watch them for free, plus these films are thus being digitally transferred while they're still in good shape (most of the eps on YT are good in terms of picture and sound quality.) Of course, the prevalence of all these eps on YT underscores the problem of how most eps of the show are in the public domain, the very problem that led to a lot of cheap poor quality DVDs of the show, and the glut of eps on YT probably doesn't bode well for the prospect of future quality DVD releases of the show or for the commercial viability of Sam's project. Then again, we fans were fortunate enough to get the "official" Shout! Factory releases (which I enjoyed despite most of the eps being edited--and the one w/ commentary from David & Sam was great) and the terrific 100-ep Mill Creek set. And while I think it's too bad that the family more or less lost legal ownership of the eps (which has always puzzled me given Ozzie's usual business and legal acumen), as a fan I feel fortunate to be able to watch so many eps, including many that aren't available on DVD, for free!
matt77b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #5
bliss
THAT GIRL
Forum Regular

I have enjoyed the Mill Creek set so far. It can be fuzzy at times but still watchable. I was hoping that they would've put out more volumes.
bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
I have enjoyed the Mill Creek set so far. It can be fuzzy at times but still watchable. I was hoping that they would've put out more volumes.
Have you watched any of the Shout! Releases? Their sets are really good!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt77b
I saw it on Retro TV, but YouTube certainly has become a great place to find episodes of O&H, often complete and with commercials even. I guess collectors of 16mm films of the show, which were pretty common at one point, have put many of them on there. In many ways, this is great. We fans can watch them for free, plus these films are thus being digitally transferred while they're still in good shape (most of the eps on YT are good in terms of picture and sound quality.) Of course, the prevalence of all these eps on YT underscores the problem of how most eps of the show are in the public domain, the very problem that led to a lot of cheap poor quality DVDs of the show, and the glut of eps on YT probably doesn't bode well for the prospect of future quality DVD releases of the show or for the commercial viability of Sam's project. Then again, we fans were fortunate enough to get the "official" Shout! Factory releases (which I enjoyed despite most of the eps being edited--and the one w/ commentary from David & Sam was great) and the terrific 100-ep Mill Creek set. And while I think it's too bad that the family more or less lost legal ownership of the eps (which has always puzzled me given Ozzie's usual business and legal acumen), as a fan I feel fortunate to be able to watch so many eps, including many that aren't available on DVD, for free!

Yes the glut of so many already released eps does create an obstacle for Sam. I think he should release a 30-40 ep set of those eps that haven't surfaced so far,and ADD a lot of cool bonus material. That, I think would make it more viable.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
CJ
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts!
Yes the glut of so many already released eps does create an obstacle for Sam. I think he should release a 30-40 ep set of those eps that haven't surfaced so far,and ADD a lot of cool bonus material. That, I think would make it more viable.

I am all for this Undoubtedly, a great source of funding for the continuance of Sam's "project."

Let's see, how about this for the title of the release?

"The Nelson Family Presents, The Really, Really, Really, No Kidding, Really, Really, Really Lost Episodes Of The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet."

Heck, I'd even purchase 2 copies, just to boost sales
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote