Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Dharma & Greg links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Dharma & Greg Photo Gallery

Dharma & Greg - Season One

Buy Dharma & Greg - Season One on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Dharma & Greg

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-29-2003, 04:57 PM   #1
Bisz
Frequent Poster

Default Help get D&G on DVD

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ is a large online database that not only contains a listing of all the TV shows/miniseries that have been released on DVD (2799 entries), but also shows that people want to see released on DVD (4229 entries total). It is the largest such site on the web and from what I gather it has some actual relevance to studios/production companies.

D&G is hovering around #258 in the shows wanted on DVD list with 183 votes. The Most wanted show is Roswell with 2672 votes.

If you are interested in seeing D&G on DVD then I suggest you sign up for the site (its free and they donít sell your email to marketers or anything like that) then vote for D&G as a show you want released on DVD. Spread the word to other fans of the show.

Hey, it canít hurt.
Bisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 07:55 PM   #2
DSFanForever
Frequent Poster

This is not the greatest show.. other shows deserve to be on DVD before this one, like Roseanne for example.

Favorite TV Shows: Diff'rent Strokes, Without A Trace, CSI, Seinfeld, Grey's Anatomy, Roseanne, Saved by the Bell, Everybody Loves Raymond, How I Met Your Mother, The King of Queens, Frasier, Yes Dear, Out of Practice, Two and a Half Men
DSFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:24 AM   #3
ImKukie
and with good reason
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to ImKukie Send a message via MSN to ImKukie Send a message via Yahoo to ImKukie

::Cough Cough::
::Hack Hack::

Sorry, somethin I read was hard to swollow

Yes I agree that there are other shows that are better that deserve to make it to DVD before D&G however, I personally don't feel Rosanne is one of them.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:58 PM   #4
Bisz
Frequent Poster

Your opinion is noted.. however, it counts for less than a sack of hot air.

I find D&G to be the funniest sit-com I have ever seen, and I have watched quite a bit of TV. In my opinion it deserves to be on DVD before any other sit-com. Thats what this thread is about.

This is the D&G forum and what you are doing is nothing less than trolling. Now kindly bugger off.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
DSFanForever
Frequent Poster

I'm sorry if you disagree with me, but I respect your opinion. The reason I posted on this message board is because I am an occasional viewer of D&G. I just feel that other shows should be on DVD before this one. The show is okay, but it is not as good as other shows in my opinion, such as Roseanne, Seinfeld, Three's Company, etc..

You say that I am "trolling," yet you have a total of three posts and have only been here for a few days. Please do not tell me to "bugger off" since I have done nothing except expressed my opinion.

I definitely do not think this show is un-funny, however, it is just not deserving of being on DVD before much funnier shows.
DSFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:22 PM   #6
ImKukie
and with good reason
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to ImKukie Send a message via MSN to ImKukie Send a message via Yahoo to ImKukie
Default Starting to skew off topic

or more commonly known as
"holding on by a thread"

Since this thread started with voting for D&G on DVD
which I had done long before I started posting reularly on this web site....

I thought I'd include some other shows I had also voted on & was wondering what shows you gus voted on as well???

My List (& still it grows)

Mad About You
The Nanny
Dharma & Greg
Two guys & A Girl
Friends
Will & Grace
Fat Albert
Golden Girls
Gummi Bears
Jetsons
Smurfs

all I currently own is 1st season of M.A.Y. (I'm hoping someone will get me season 2 for my bday so I am holdin out)
1 of the best of Friends dvds.

Eventually I will be catching up with all the dvds which are out & I haven't collected yet but I was saving for a vacation this summer.
Woo Hoo!!! Dang priorities are all screwed up I know.

Last edited by ImKukie; 07-07-2003 at 07:33 PM.
ImKukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #7
Bisz
Frequent Poster

I was harsh, I'm sorry.

The shows I have voted for are:
Danger Bay
Dharma & Greg
Due South
Inspector Gadget

Most of the other shows I want on DVD are already assured a full release.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 AM   #8
db108108
Teacher (for now)

I would (maybe) get D&G on DVD, but only the first two seasons. The other three weren't worth the celluloid they were taped on.

Eventually, the show will be released- they're releasing Mad About You for god sakes.

IMHO, I would also much rather see Roseanne on DVD.

Roseanne and D&G are my two favorite shows ever, in that order. I watch Roseanne for deep comedy with heavy emotional overtones and social commentary, while I watch D&G for light fluff that I don't have to think about.
db108108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:40 PM   #9
Bisz
Frequent Poster

Though I agree that the first 2 seasons were the best, I still find great value in the later 3. The first 2 were just so damn funny and original that it was impossible to keep up such a pase.

Yes, D&G was fluffy, but it had substance when it needed to. Some of the more dramatic scenes between Dharma and Gread were just so wonderfully written and performed that that 'made up' for the fact that the show was fluffy the rest of the time.

Plus, I want fluff. I'm tired of laughing AT people - which is what almost all other sit coms have you doing, I want to laugh with them.

Why is Everybody loves Ray so funny? Cause he always complains about his stupid brother and parents. Cause he does somthing stupid and his wife yells at him. We are always laughing at their missery, at their constant complaining. Where does Fraiser get most of its laughs? When he he gets all pissed off and becomes a pompous ass. We laugh at the misfortunes of others with all these other shows, more than anything else.

I'm tired of that.

ALso, have you noticed how no one laughs in sit coms? They do all this silly stuff, they tell jokes and such, yet none of the characters laugh, its only the audience who laughs. One of the things I absolutley adore about D&G is that they all laughed! The characters did stupid stuff, they told jokes, and they laughed at themselves, the audience laughing WITH them, not AT them. We need more of that.