Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes
FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-21-2020, 11:55 PM   #16
Sal

This week's new releases and highlights:

Thu Feb 20

CTV Throwback - Just as I mentioned last week, CTV has added 2 series from the 1970s to watch and enjoy. Both premiered in 1976:

1. All's Fair (1 season, 23 episodes) - A sitcom about a young couple living together in Washington during the post-Watergate era. The show stars Bernadette Peters and Richard Crenna, with guest stars during its brief run including Shirley Hemphill of "What's Happening", and a young and funny Michael Keaton.

2. Family (5 seasons, 85 episodes) - A highly-rated miniseries which turned into a successful drama series which details the lives of the Lawrence family that includes Meredith Baxter as the oldest daughter Nancy and Kristy McNichol as her cute younger sister Buddy.

Tubi - A couple of legendary heroes from the Old West:

Hopalong Cassidy and Annie Oakley

Also of note, starting this week you can enjoy these free live TV channels from the following providers:

Pluto Tv - 233 NBC News Now, 428 Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud, 486 BeIn Sports Extra (also debuting on Xumo TV on channel 746)

Stirr - Stirr City (ch.1) 2020 LIVE (ch.2) Stirr TV Mix (ch.50) Cine Life (ch.219) Truly (ch.303) Stingray Hit List (ch.405)

Airy TV - 36 Classic Cartoons, 72 Hoarders, 73 Outer Limits, 74 Midsomer Murders, 76 Ice Road Truckers, 94 Mister Rogers Neighborhood. Plus Airy TV now has 3 different Classic TV stations on channels 20, 21, and 22.

TUBI

Airy TV

Archive

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

CTV Throwback
Sal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:53 PM   #17
Sal

Not much being offered this week, just a few odds and ends, with the first series being particularly odd:

Thu Feb. 27

CTV Throwback - Rude Awakening (Showtime - 1998-01 - 3 seasons, 55 episodes) - A former soap star tries to get her life back together after joining Addictions Anonymous. The series stars Sherilyn Fenn, Richard Lewis, and Lynn Redgrave. The show tries to pattern itself after "Soap" and other similar series but doesn't quite make it. On the bright side, there is plenty of nudity, since it originated on a US cable channel where obviously anything goes.

Internet Archive - A real treat for "MASH" fans! Not only do you get the entire series in 2 parts, but also the original movie starring Donald Sutherland and Elliott Gould that the series was based on.

MASH (Seasons 1-6)

MASH (Seasons 7-11)

MASH - The Movie (1970)

BONUS - The Bob Newhart Show

Uncle Earl's Classic TV

The latest additions to "Uncle Earl" Oliver's vast collection of classic TV series and playlists:

The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show

The Ed Wynn Show (1949-50)

In Living Color - Seasons 1 and 2

Bewitched

Red Skelton Show - Seasons 1 and 2

All In The Family

Finally, Airy TV has added a second Classic Cartoons channel. The first is on Channel 36. The new one can be found on Channel 77.

Last edited by Sal; 03-06-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 05:34 PM   #18
Sal

This week's releases:

Roku - Who's The Boss? (Seasons 7 and 8)

Vudu - The Real McCoys (Seasons 4, 5, and 6)

CTV Throwback - Strong Medicine [Lifetime] (2000) (6 seasons, 127 episodes) - Award-winning drama about a group of doctors at an all-women medical centre.

Internet Archive - The Dukes Of Hazzard

Uncle Earl's Classic Tv - The Soupy Sales Show - Classic slapstick from Soupy's original black and white show and also his color revival in 1975.

BONUS - Chico and the Man(Season 1) - For the many Freddie Prinze fans that are here.

Also, I should mention that Airy TV now has another Classic TV channel on Channel 19 which they have cleverly named Classic TV 4. Lots of good shows to choose from between the 4 of them. Will there be more? It's entirely possible, proving that you can never have too much of a good thing.

Last edited by Sal; 03-09-2020 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #19
jonvit69
Occasional Poster

i downloaded airy tv on my roku. however i get only 10 channels. anyone else have this problem?
jonvit69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #20
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvit69 View Post
i downloaded airy tv on my roku. however i get only 10 channels. anyone else have this problem?
I've searched for Airy on my Roku and nothing comes up.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:46 PM   #21
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
This week's releases:

Roku - Who's The Boss? (Seasons 7 and 8)

Vudu - The Real McCoys (Seasons 4, 5, and 6)

CTV Throwback - Strong Medicine [Lifetime] (2000) (6 seasons, 127 episodes) - Award-winning drama about a group of doctors at an all-women medical centre.

Internet Archive - The Dukes Of Hazzard

Uncle Earl's Classic Tv - The Soupy Sales Show - Classic slapstick from Soupy's original black and white show and also his color revival in 1975.

BONUS - Chico and the Man(Season 1) - For the many Freddie Prinze fans that are here.

Also, I should mention that Airy TV now has another Classic TV channel on Channel 19 which they have cleverly named Classic TV 4. Lots of good shows to choose from between the 4 of them. Will there be more? It's entirely possible, proving that you can never have too much of a good thing.
The Strong Medicine link doesn't work for me because I get this message instead.

Sorry, We Couldn't Find That Page
Looks like this page has moved or is unavailable!

Double-check the URL or head back to the Home Page to continue your visit
Old 03-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #22
Sal

I'm not sure what the problem was with the "Strong Medicine" link and why it wouldn't work. The CTV links always worked before. What I have done is include a 2nd link with a different address to see if it's better than the first one. Try it and see!

Strong Medicine - Link 1

Strong Medicine - Link 2

As for trying to get Airy TV on Roku, I found a message that says that Airy TV is testing out a new beta version on ROKU that can be accessed with a specific code. The code is XDTHQLV. Once that code is entered, then you should be all set.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that both problems have been solved.

There are other (and hopefully easier) ways to access Airy TV. You can get the app from the Google Play Store, the Apple TV App Store, and from its official website, where, starting today, you can check out a new kids channel on Channel 79, Junior Cartoons, which has a number of 1980s series including He-Man, Totally Spies, and the rarely-seen (until now) live-action kids' favorite "Punky Brewster" which later became a popular cartoon series.
Old 03-10-2020, 05:37 AM   #23
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure what the problem was with the "Strong Medicine" link and why it wouldn't work. The CTV links always worked before. What I have done is include a 2nd link with a different address to see if it's better than the first one. Try it and see!

Strong Medicine - Link 1

Strong Medicine - Link 2

As for trying to get Airy TV on Roku, I found a message that says that Airy TV is testing out a new beta version on ROKU that can be accessed with a specific code. The code is XDTHQLV. Once that code is entered, then you should be all set.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that both problems have been solved.

There are other (and hopefully easier) ways to access Airy TV. You can get the app from the Google Play Store, the Apple TV App Store, and from its official website, where, starting today, you can check out a new kids channel on Channel 79, Junior Cartoons, which has a number of 1980s series including He-Man, Totally Spies, and the rarely-seen (until now) live-action kids' favorite "Punky Brewster" which later became a popular cartoon series.
Thank you! Unfortunately, this is the message I get:

We're sorry, this content is only available for viewing in Canada.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #24
Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA View Post
Thank you! Unfortunately, this is the message I get:

We're sorry, this content is only available for viewing in Canada.

Here is the best US link that I found. I hope you like it!

Strong Medicine - YouTube
Old 03-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #25
MA
Forum Legend

Quote:
Here is the best US link that I found. I hope you like it!

Strong Medicine - YouTube
I do like it, thank you!
Old 03-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #26
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Thanks. I ended up downloading it on my Firestick.
DJM77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:07 PM   #27
MA
Forum Legend

I just downloaded the Airy TV app to my phone.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:28 PM   #28
MA
Forum Legend

Arconai TV

https://www.arconaitv.us/
Old 03-13-2020, 10:25 PM   #29
Sal

This week's offerings:

March 7 - Pluto Tv - The Roy Rogers Show

March 9 - Pluto TV - McLeod's Daughters (Seasons 1-4)

March 11 - IMDB TV - Spenser: For Hire (Seasons 1-3)

March 12 - CTV Throwback - This week, CTV debuts a pair of drama series that were originally seen on Australian TV that probably should have stayed buried Down Under.

Love Child (2014) - Midwife Joan Millar works in a Sydney boarding house in the 1960s.

The Wrong Girl (2016) - A contemporary drama that centers on the adventures of 29-year-old Lily Woodward as she navigates her life and all that entails.

A contemporary drama on a throwback video site? Seems to me that they should have called it "The Wrong Show"!

Even worse, the month of April will see a few more contemporary throwbacks added to the site, including "Dr Ken", "Kevin Can Wait", and "Alex, Inc." as well as older (but not much wiser) sitcoms like "Malcolm and Eddie", "The Critic", and "The Jeff Foxworthy Show".

CTV Throwback - April 2020

Also from CTV Throwback - Baywatch - Now this is more like it! Season 2 - NBC cancels the series but it gets picked up in syndication and quickly becomes a huge international hit. Season 3 - Pamela Anderson makes her debut as star lifeguard C J Parker.

New streaming channels:

Airy TV - 82 Gomer Pyle USMC

Pluto Tv - 007 –Pluto TV 007 and 110 -SEEHER.

Xumo - 998 – Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In 251 – FREE Documentaries 734 – USGA
Old 03-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #30
MA
Forum Legend

Here are some of the free classic TV offerings from ArconaiTV:

Step By Step - https://www.arconaitv.us/stream.php?id=240

Family Matters - https://www.arconaitv.us/stream.php?id=237

The Love Boat - https://www.arconaitv.us/stream.php?id=238