Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Fan Fiction > General Fan Fiction

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Brooklyn Nine-Nine Continues to Delight and Improve; Remembering Richard Herd of Seinfeld
Apple TV+ to Reboot Fraggle Rock as Series; Virtual Table Read for Bless the Harts on June 1
2021 Programming Set for FX; Hollywood Game Night Returns for 5 Episodes
FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-16-2016, 03:52 PM   #16
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Stillman and Darius found Carmen Mendoza under the hood of a blue CRV at the Honda dealer on Essington Ave. “I don’t know what you’re talking about; I’m a completely legitimate mechanic now,” insisted Carmen.

“I don’t think I’ve ever met a ‘completely legitimate’ auto mechanic before. Have you?” asked Andrew.

“Not when we have statements that suggest otherwise,” John added.

“It’s true, it ran in my family. My father was a mechanic, my brother was a mechanic, and two of my uncles are mechanics,” Carmen explained.

“I wonder how they felt about you using your craft to help a bunch of guys who liked to play ‘Need for Speed’ with real cars,” Stillman intervened.

“Former members of the Black Star racers are talking to us. They named you as the crew’s in-house mechanic, ‘Cherry’,” Andrew said.

Carmen dropped the wrench she was holding. “Fine, I used to be one of them. Judge me if you want, but I got a lot of my old skills from working on those cars. Back then all you needed was a screw driver and a wrench. Cars are getting more and more computerized now; I actually had to go back to school. But the Black Stars haven’t been a crew for years. Why are you bringing this up now?”

“We heard you were pretty friendly with a fellow New Jersey resident by the name of Chuck Weisman otherwise known as ‘Mach 3’. His body and part of his car were found near the Delaware a few days ago,” Stillman explained.

Carmen stepped backwards. “Chucks dead? … Wait, how do you know his name?”

“For a group that was all about secrecy, you two had some pretty loose lips. One of our guys overheard you talking when you were stripping down his car.”

Carmen sighed. “Do you know how he died or when?”

“Based on the fake ID he was carrying; we think it must have been somewhere in the summer of 1989. It’s looking like he was in the middle of a race when someone shot out one of his tires sending off the bridge,” Darius informed.

“I told him he had to be more careful; that group had some shady characters in it,” insisted Carmen.

“Did you ever see any of them with a gun?” asked Darius.

“No, but given some of the stuff they were into, it would only make sense,” Carmen replied.

“What kind of stuff are we talking about?” asked Darius.

“Street racing is not a cheap hobby. Fuel, tires, oil, spare parts: it all adds up after a while. I always wondered where they got the cash for all of it. Then one night I overheard a conversation, and I found out some of those guys were involved with a very different kind of speed…”
Old 04-16-2016, 03:55 PM   #17
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Frida
“I Know There’s Something Going On”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OTPOzd16-4

“’Torch’ walked into the garage one night when Chuck was standing next to his car. ‘I just worked out the details with Marquez’s pickup man; apparently Filipe’s getting nervous with more of our guys getting pinched lately. So he wanted us to get an outsider to drop the second half of the crystal.’

“’Who’s the other guy?’ Chuck asked.

“’A former prospect, actually. He still wants in the crew so bad that I’m letting him move the other half of the package,’ ‘Torch’ replied. A tanned man with a snake tattoo on his left arm entered the garage. ‘I believe you know ‘Viper’.’

“’What the hell is this fool doing here?’ asked Viper he said as he charged at Chuck.

“’Torch’ stepped between. ‘Easy ‘Viper’, you two are on the same side tonight. He’s delivering the other half of the crystal.’

“’So, he’s not one of us yet? If he wants in, let him take both bags. I don’t want to do this. Pissing off a few traffic cops is one thing, but this mess is federal time,’ Chuck told him.

“’If you want hole 50 on your dashboard, you’re doing this, because I know your tricks. I know how you got ‘Slick’ busted last week,’ ‘Torch’ added.

“’I made him hit a police roadblock,’ Chuck responded.

“’One that you conveniently missed. You see, when you came back to the garage, you left your ‘radio’ on,’ ‘Torch’ explained. He pushed past Chuck and opened his door. He started messing with some box on his floor. A bunch of static echoed off of the walls followed by a female voice. ‘Echo 1-5, echo 1-5, we’re getting some loud noise complaints from some residents in—‘
‘Torch’ turned down the radio.

“’What, you’re a pig now? You all are wired; you set me up!’ ‘Viper’ shouted.

“’I’m no pig; that’s just a scanner!’

“’Where the hell did you get a piece, ‘Viper’?’ ‘Torch’ asked as he stepped in between them again. I looked up suddenly, and there was ‘Viper’ with a gun.

“’For cops, you don’t keep good track of your weapons—‘

“’Torch’ grabbed ‘Viper’s’ wrist and twisted it until the gun fell from his hand. ‘You want to stop talking now. I’m no cop! We don’t know that he’s one either! If one of us was wired, don’t you think they would have stormed the place by now?’ He released his grip, and ‘Viper’ backed off. ‘You’re doing this delivery so you can join the crew, and you’re doing this so I know that I can trust you. Are we clear?’.”
IAlsoLoveRaymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #18
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

“Chuck flagged me down after that and asked if I knew any way to make it look like his car had stalled out so he couldn’t make the drop,” Carmen added.

“Police scanner, that’s how he stayed ahead of the cops,” said Andrew.
“He was in over his head. I thought you said you never saw anyone with a gun in that garage before,” insisted Stillman.

“I was so confused at that point. For all I knew it was ‘Viper’s’ gun, and he was playing some kind of con game with them. I swear I had never seen any guns in that garage before that,” Carmen replied.

“Who was Filipe Marquez?” asked Darius.

“Some dealer that the crew was muling for I guess. I certainly never met the guy. That was my wake-up call; I bailed on the racing scene after that,” Carmen explained.

“But Chuck stayed. Did you help him that night?” asked Stillman.

“I did what I could, but like I said, I bailed on the racing scene after that. I never saw Chuck again after that,” insisted Carmen.

“Thank you for your time; we’ll be in touch,” insisted Darius as they walked away. “Every cop worth his badge knows who Filipe Marquez is, a major meth dealer out of Juarez, Mexico. If they were working with him, this case just entered a whole new level of crazy.”

“Danny Eurich didn’t tell us this part of the story, but now we know this Trent Yardley brought a gun into play. We need to find him, now,” Stillman added.

The pair was about to enter their black sedan when Andrew stopped suddenly. “’Need for Speed’, boss?”

“I have grandchildren, Darius,” insisted Stillman as they drove away.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:59 PM   #19
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Nick Vera and Kat Miller sat at their desks later that night at the station. Stillman and Darius approached the desk. “Ballistics report came back on the bullet recovered from the tire. The shell is consistent with a .40 caliber bullet from a 10 mm handgun; not a standard police weapon in 1989. Cops were using Colt 45s at that point.”

“So much for ‘Viper’s’ cop theory. It probably belonged to one of Marquez’s enforcers. From what I’ve heard, ‘the butcher of Juarez’ is the kind of guy who gets off on blood. He probably wouldn’t have taken too kindly to Chuck backing out of a delivery,” insisted Miller.

“I’m not sure that’s what happened. The divers along the Delaware called in a crane earlier today when they found the frame of a blue 1987 Chevrolet Beretta,” Vera explained.

“It does fit the time frame, but are we sure it was our car?” asked Stillman.

“Two things gave it away. One, it was just a frame; the interior was pretty much stripped except for the driver’s seat just like Danny said. Two, the dashboard was full of small holes just like Brian said; there were fifty of them,” Vera informed.

“Carmen said that if Chuck made the deal, he would get hole number fifty on his car,” Darius added. “I guess he made the drop.”

“There were no drugs in the car when they found it,” Vera explained.

“That stuff could have washed away years ago,” Stillman added.

“Or maybe he pulled some kind of double cross. Chuck’s car ended up in the river; that tells me that someone was trying to send a message to this crew,” insisted Miller.

A tanned man in jeans and a red and white striped jacket approached the group. “Is this the Philadelphia cold case unit?” he asked.

“Yes, can we help you?” asked Stillman.

“I’m here about that body they said you found on the news. I recognized those pictures,” he told them. “I don’t know who the hell Andy Rickon was, but my name is Bradley Weisman. Chuck was my brother.”
Old 04-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #20
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Lilly was seated at a booth in a diner when a white man in a black suit approached her. “So you made it,” said the man as he took the seat across from Lilly and dropped a file on the table.

“Yes Ryan, although I am somewhat suspicious. I can’t reach you for months on end and then you suddenly text me out of the blue. What gives?” asked Lilly.

“I’m working a federal case in this area, and I thought I could use some local assistance,” Ryan explained.

“So, that’s what I am to you, ‘local assistance’. I don’t know how to tell you this, Ryan, but a few things have changed since we last spoke,” insisted Lilly.

“Well, you’re still here, so how much could have changed?” asked Ryan.

Lilly shook her head. “Never mind, I don’t want to argue. Actually, I could use some federal assistance. What do you know about Filipe Marquez?”

“About as much as anyone else. He’s a major player out of Juarez, Mexico wanted for meth trafficking and countless murders on both sides of the boarder, but nobody can make anything stick for him. How is it you’re brushing up against him?” asked Ryan.

“He’s been dealing for some time. I was wondering if you knew anything about his association with a group known as the Black Stars, a group of street racers that ran on the streets of Philadelphia back in the late 1980s,” Lilly explained.

Ryan sighed. “1980s, you say. The FBI and DEA were fighting major drug wars on several international fronts back then: heroin from China, marijuana from Colombia, cocaine from Peru. Crystal meth flew under the radar back then. Even if I could find anything, the feds don’t just give up information for nothing. But if you agree to help me with my case, maybe I can arrange some quid pro quo on my end.”

“I showed you mine; now it’s your turn,” Lilly replied. Ryan passed the folder over to her. Lilly looked at the name written on the white label across the top. “Vanessa Hawkins.”

“Philadelphia journalist during the 1970s, and a bit of political activist. She was found bleeding from a stab wound to the chest in FDR park on the night of July 4, 1976,” Ryan explained.

“Bicentennial, that could be some kind of statement,” Lilly added.

“The family has been putting pressure on the authorities to solve this one recently. When I saw this was near you I figured why not make good on that promise I made months ago,” insisted Ryan.

Lilly took the folder and stood up from the table. “I’ll send you the information on my case,” she said before she left.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #21
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Stillman and Darius had Bradley Weisman in the conference room later that night. “So you and your brother were from New Jersey?” asked Stillman.

Brad nodded. “Me, Chuck, and Trent Yardley. We all used to race on the streets of Camden County. They said you found my brother’s remains in the river.”

“Along with the remains of the blue Chevy he drove back then. Does the name ‘Mach 3’ mean anything to you?” asked Darius.

Brad nodded once more. “That was his tag from back before they left. It was ‘Mach 3’, ‘Viper’, and I was ‘Thunder’.”
“In other words, they knew each other before they tried to join the Black Star Racers. That would explain why he took losing so hard,” insisted Andrew.
“So Chuck made it, and look where it got him. Amazing, I spent all of those years being jealous of my brother for nothing,” insisted Brad.

“Jealous how?” asked Stillman.

“Chuck didn’t just decide to move on to the big city on his own. Trent had been doing some digging around on the street. One night I overheard them talking, and Trent tells him that there’s big money to be made racing in Philly…”
Old 04-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #22
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Sly Fox
“Let’s Go All the Way”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIcp9mnIeJ0

“Chuck and I worked at this Sheetz gas station in Camden back then. That night I was carrying trash bags to the dumpster, and Chuck was on the full service pumps. I turned around and saw Trent’s red Dodge Viper had pulled up to Chuck’s service station. ‘This sounds like a scam to me.’

“’I’m telling you, it’s totally straight,’ Trent insisted.

“’And I’m supposed to just trust this guy that I’ve never met before?’ asked Chuck.

“’I wouldn’t do you wrong, would I? I’m telling you, my guy ‘Torch’ is totally cool! He runs this crew in Philly called the Black Star Racers, and he says they make major money there,’ Trent explained.

“’We race for money here all of the time. How would this be different?’ asked Chuck.

“’We do pissy little hustles on the streets of this pissy little county. ‘Torch’ says we can make ten times as much as we do if we run with his crew. But there is a catch,’ Trent informed.

“’No kidding, what is it?” asked Chuck.

“’We’re only prospects right now. There’s an initiation, we would have to race him and a few members of his crew. We’re also not the only prospects,” Trent explained.

“’Damn it, Trent, why do you tell me about this stuff—‘

“’What are you afraid of? With our skills behind the wheel we’re in. There is nothing to worry about,’ insisted Trent.

“Chuck froze. ‘All right, I’ll check it out. But don’t expect me to cover your hot-headed ass when this goes south.’.”
Old 04-16-2016, 04:09 PM   #23
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

“I asked him what that was all about later, and all he said was that he had to check out the scene and that he would try to set me up if he made it. Then time went by and I never heard from him. I had just assumed that he left me behind,” Brad added.

“Trust me, any money that your brother made with them came at a price,” insisted Andrew.

“We think your brother got mixed up with some very dangerous people. Trent might be able to help us identify them. Do you have any idea where he might be?” asked Stillman.

“I heard a rumor that he came back to Camden, but I haven’t seen him for years,” Brad informed.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:13 PM   #24
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Stillman and Darius rang the bell at the red, oak door in front of the green, one floor home on Collings Rd. in Camden, New Jersey. A tall, white male in blue coveralls answered the door. “Trent Yardley?” asked Stillman.

“Who the hell are you?” asked the man.

“Detectives Stillman and Darius, Philadelphia police,” insisted Stillman.

“Philadelphia? You’re a little lost, and I’m a little late for work if you haven’t noticed,” insisted the man.

“Then you might want to just answer our questions,” insisted Darius. “A body washed up along the shore of the Delaware a few days ago. We have reason to believe you knew him, Mr. Yardley.”

“Do you remember anyone by the name of Chuck Weisman?” asked Stillman.

The man shook his head. “I am Trent Yardley, but I don’t know that name.”

“How about ‘Mach 3’? That was Chuck’s name from his days in the late 1980s as an underground street racer/drug mule for a group called the Black Star Racers,” Darius added.

Trent started to sweat. “I don’t know anything about that.”

“Don’t bother, we already know about your history with the Black Stars,” insisted Andrew. He then turned away from Trent and noticed the red Honda CRV parked outside his house. “You still have a fondness for red cars I see. Do you still have that snake tattoo on your arm, ‘Viper’? Or if you don’t remember him, then how about their old leader, Danny ‘Torch’ Eurich—“

Andrew turned back around to find himself face to face with Trent’s fist. It caught him square in the right eye knocking his head back and to the left. Trent bull rushed his way past the officers to his car knocking Andrew to the ground.

“Hey!” Stillman shouted, but Trent was already in his car with the engine on before Andrew recovered. “Stop your vehicle!” The car sped off into the street.

The detectives ran for their black sedan. Stillman started the engine on and called over the radio. “All officers in the area, this is Philadelphia detectives John Stillman and Andrew Darius! We’re currently in pursuit of a red Honda CRV on Collings Road! Be advised, suspect has assaulted an officer!” He turned to Andrew quickly. “Are you okay?”

“I think so. I just turned my head for one second … What Scotty told me when I first joined about cold case getting crazy, I think I get it now,” insisted Andrew.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #25
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Scotty leaned across the desk to see the file Lilly was reading. “Who the hell is Vanessa Hawkins?”

“A political protester from the mid1970s who was stabbed in FDR park,” Lilly explained.

“Did somebody come in with another one?” asked Scotty.

“Ryan. That’s why he wanted to see me last night. I figured he would help with our case if we helped with his. So I took the file,” Lilly informed.

“Are you sure that was all he wanted?” Scotty responded.

“Scotty, don’t start. I’m just helping with his case. It’s a favor for a favor—“

“We have to move!” Vera called as he and Miller charged up to them.

“What’s going on?” Lilly asked as they stood up.

“I just heard from Don Larken! Apparently he got a call from Stillman saying that he and Darius were questioning Trent in New Jersey! They brought up Danny Eurich’s name, and I guess that set him off because he took a swing at the rookie and bolted!” Vera informed.

“Okay, where are they now?” asked Scotty.

“Still chasing him around Camden, but Don wants us to assist with roadblocks and shutting down all traffic on the bridges!” Miller explained.

“Danny has lied to us about a few things now. You two handle the back-up; Scotty and I will deal with the prisoner,” Lilly told them as they ran from the office.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #26
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Scotty and Lilly met Danny Eurich once more in the visiting room at Graterford. “Your deal is off the table!” insisted Lilly.

“What?” he shouted.

“We found Carmen Mendoza; she told us a few things! Namely how your crew was riding dirty for a major meth pusher!” Scotty explained.

“We also found Trent Yardley, otherwise known as ‘Viper’! He’s been a little less cooperative! All we had to do was mention your name and he practically knocked out one of our guys and bailed! Given everything you didn’t tell us; I’m guessing there’s a connection!” Lilly added.

“I don’t know what it could be! You’ll just have to catch him and find out!” Danny replied.

“You think you have it bad in here; we can make it a lot worse! Do you know what Waynesburg Supermax is?” asked Scotty.

“Forget your girl; we can make sure you never see a window again!” Lilly added.

“The cops were busting your guys left and ride by this point; that was bad enough! Then suddenly this police scanner and this mysterious gun turn up, and now you don’t know who to trust!” Scotty continued.

“This was all around the time when ‘Viper’ was trying to get back into your crew! It has me thinking that maybe you planned a little initiation for him; like ordering a hit on Chuck Weisman!” Lilly added

“And I’m guessing you have proof of this?” Danny asked.

“We’ll get it! As we speak, we have guys out there chasing down Trent! So every second that you screw with us is another second that you get closer to Waynesburg!” Scotty insisted.

Danny sighed. “I don’t get why ‘Viper’ would be worried! He wasn’t the one I was questioning!”

“You had concerns about someone else?” asked Lilly.

“We had a major drop one night! We were running out of guys, so I had to use Chuck! But he was cracking under the pressure; I saw it before he left…”
Old 04-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #27
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Lita Ford
“Kiss Me Deadly”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKvUj1c36RY

“’Viper’ had already hit the street, but shortly after I heard Chuck and Carmen out behind the garage. ‘What do you mean? Nobody here knows engines better then you.’ Chuck said.

“’Why would you want me to help your car break down? Once you do this deal you’ll fifty holes. You’ll be a made member of the Black Stars,” Carmen replied.

“’Well, maybe I don’t want to be made if this is what it takes. Street racing was so much simpler back where I used to live. Maybe I should just leave the crew and head back to New Jersey. I know people there, and this way nobody gets hurt,” Chuck insisted.

“Carmen leaned in and kissed him briefly. ‘You know that’s not true.’

“’I don’t want to, but I don’t think I want to touch this stuff either. I’ve read newspapers; once you’re in with a guy like Marquez there are only two ways out, federal prison or a grave,’ Chuck informed as he leaned in and returned the kiss. I didn’t think much of this though; like I said, ‘Cherry’ flirted with a lot of us.

“But then she said something that made me wonder. ’Don’t quit the crew just yet. There might be something I can do,’ Cherry responded.”
Old 04-16-2016, 04:21 PM   #28
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

“I got suspicious at that point, but later that night I got a page from the dealer saying that he got both packages,” Danny explained.

“I don’t get it; what was so special about getting fifty holes?” asked Scotty.

“It meant that he was made. In addition to any money he made from hustling racers on the street; he would also get a percentage from the distribution of the meth,” Danny told them.

“Chuck’s car was pulled up from the river with fifty holes in the dashboard. It looks like you didn’t have to worry about him. He made your deal,” Lilly insisted.

“I wasn’t so sure. ‘Viper’—this ‘Trent’—was in the crew after that night. Later the next day I saw Carmen had drilled him twice, and the ‘Mach 3’ car hadn’t been touched,” Danny explained.

“Trent was the only one seen with a gun. Maybe Chuck wanted something that Trent believed wasn’t his, and they got into it,” Scotty added.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:22 PM   #29
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

“Officers in pursuit, this is Stillman giving you an update! Suspect is still running traveling northwest on Kenwood Ave. … Suspect is turning right! Suspect is turning right!” Stillman radioed in. He glanced down at his speed as he took the wide turn right: 90 mph. The turn sent his car well over the center line.

Still, they continued pursuit on Kaighns Ave until they reached an interchange. The red Honda made a left turn swerving across lanes. “Suspect has just made a hard left onto … … Admiral Wilson Blvd.?” Stillman added.

“That will take him right to the Ben Franklin Bridge. Tell me this guy isn’t that stupid,” Andrew responded.

Stillman called it in. “Philly PD, heads up! Suspect is headed in your direction!”
Old 04-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #30
IAlsoLoveRaymond
Forum Regular

Miller and Vera arrived to fill in the right side of the roadblock spanning the center of the Ben Franklin Bridge. Soon after they heard Stillman’s call on the radio. “Looks like we arrived just in time,” insisted Vera.

Minutes later the red Honda appeared on the bridge speeding toward them. “That’s our guy, and he’s not slowing down,” Miller added.

“STOP YOUR VEHICLE!” Vera called out over the loud speaker.

But the car did not slow down. “He’s going to ram us!” Miller shouted. The next sound they heard was the shattering of glass shattering as the red Honda slammed into their car.