Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Superstore Star Lauren Ash Signs Development Deal with NBCUniversal; Jenna Dewan Joins New CBS Dance Series
NBC Schedules Peyton Manning Game Show; Apple TV+ Comedy Mythic Quest Returns in May
The Price Is Right at Night Welcomes Two Funny Celebs; Peacock Comedy Girls5eva Premieres May 6
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of April 12, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Nash Bridges Reprisal in the Works?; Season Finale Dates Set for Last Man Standing and MacGyver
Fri-Yay: Fox Cancels Bless the Harts, Leaving Questions About Animated Block; Variety and Lifetime Presents Power of Women Comedians
ABC Summer 2021 Schedule; Fox Summer 2021 Schedule


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January-April)

Corporate - Season 2 Fam - The Complete Series Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series

01/22 - Corporate - Season 2
01/22 - Corporate - Season 3
02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 93,192
Default The Message Board for TV shows is not updated regarding DVD releases

There were two shows I didnt know was complete on DVD

Perfect Strangers and Family Matters. When you go to the board it makes it seem like only 1 or 2 seasons is out on DVD
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
James28
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 14, 2007
Posts: 3,017
Default

I sent TJ a private message regarding this last March. I wondered if it was a consequence of the TVShowsOvDVD website shutting down, or home media's decline in favor of SVoD. For example, the galleries of Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, and Alice have been updated, but those of Newhart, Maude, and several 2000s/2010s sitcoms have not.
__________________
"When the run of a network TV show has ended, some go out with a bang, some with a whimper, but all are...Future Endeavored."

"Stay Safe"? More like "Stay Sad".

#2020Hurts
James28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:05 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 93,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James28 View Post
I sent TJ a private message regarding this last March. I wondered if it was a consequence of the TVShowsOvDVD website shutting down, or home media's decline in favor of SVoD. For example, the galleries of Diff'rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, and Alice have been updated, but those of Newhart, Maude, and several 2000s/2010s sitcoms have not.
yeah i had no idea step by step was completed on dvd
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
TJ
Owner
Administrator
Senior Member
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 8,030
Default

I'm trying to catch up and fill in the missing holes. I've done from the 1950s up until about Kate & Allie in the 1980s section. I did a few from the 1990s like Family Matters and Step by Step.

It's a long process to go through each board one by one. There's no database of releases I can check. I have to search on Amazon like anybody else. It seems like an overwhelming amount to catch up on. I'm probably not going to list every single re-release unless it's significantly different from the original release.

People have very rarely ordered through the individual message board links. They will order them from the main site, the blog or the new on DVD section on the message boards. When we were still doing reviews 5-6 years ago, I had 10 times as many sales. Nothing drives sales like reviews.

Most folks are not ordering through our links. If they are looking for a DVD, they will just go directly to Amazon (or wherever they order online) and search for it. DVDs are a dying market. Everything is switching to digital. There haven't been very many classic sitcoms released in recent years. It's mostly current sitcoms or re-releases.

I've been an Amazon affiliate since June 1998. June 2020 was the lowest amount of referral earnings I've ever had. People are just not buying very many non-essential items like DVDs. I think people are ordering more food items and toilet paper than DVDs at this point.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
TJ
Owner
Administrator
Senior Member
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
yeah i had no idea step by step was completed on dvd
I'm not sure if you are being serious or not. For you to have no idea Step by Step was complete on DVD, all of these things would have to be true:

1) You never visited tvshowsondvd.com when they were online. They had news of every release. They still continue to post about the new releases every week on their Facebook page.

2) I haven't kept up with the message board links, but I did have Step by Step listed under the new on DVD releases section when every season was released. That was updated every month and is viewable on every page of the message boards. Those monthly listings are also listed on the main site and blog.

3) People have posted threads about the Step by Step releases and discussed them. I guess you missed all of those.

It seems like you've not bought many DVD releases in recent years until your recent buying spree. Did you happen to buy that All in the Family - The Complete Series set that you posted a review for from the link at the top of the All in the Family board? I know I had that one listed.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:02 PM   #6
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 96,710
Default

Can you fill in the missing holes for 7th Heaven and Touched By An Angel?
__________________
~-*Mikaela*-~
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #7
TJ
Owner
Administrator
Senior Member
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 8,030
Default

I'm focusing on the sitcoms since the site is called Sitcoms Online. I won't be adding the links to any dramas at this time. It would be way too much work to keep updated.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 93,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I'm not sure if you are being serious or not. For you to have no idea Step by Step was complete on DVD, all of these things would have to be true:

1) You never visited tvshowsondvd.com when they were online. They had news of every release. They still continue to post about the new releases every week on their Facebook page.

2) I haven't kept up with the message board links, but I did have Step by Step listed under the new on DVD releases section when every season was released. That was updated every month and is viewable on every page of the message boards. Those monthly listings are also listed on the main site and blog.

3) People have posted threads about the Step by Step releases and discussed them. I guess you missed all of those.

It seems like you've not bought many DVD releases in recent years until your recent buying spree. Did you happen to buy that All in the Family - The Complete Series set that you posted a review for from the link at the top of the All in the Family board? I know I had that one listed.
No I bought it from Ebay
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:31 PM   #9
TJ
Owner
Administrator
Senior Member
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 8,030
Default

How much did you pay? Did you buy it new? It would be unusual to get 3 bad discs from a sealed set.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 93,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
How much did you pay? Did you buy it new? It would be unusual to get 3 bad discs from a sealed set.
Brand new. $67.00

I mean it happens with some shows. Welcome Back Kotter had 2 glitchy eps out of 95
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:49 PM   #11
TJ
Owner
Administrator
Senior Member
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 8,030
Arrow

That was a very good deal. I can see why you went to eBay over Amazon's $97.99 . I guess you could contact Shout! Factory with an explanation and your receipt. The worst they can say is no. Maybe they only send replacement discs for people who order directly from their own site or from Amazon.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:05 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 93,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
That was a very good deal. I can see why you went to eBay over Amazon's $97.99 . I guess you could contact Shout! Factory with an explanation and your receipt. The worst they can say is no. Maybe they only send replacement discs for people who order directly from their own site or from Amazon.
All I have to do is speed past those parts of the episode and continue watching so a replacement disc is not really needed
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:31 PM   #13
MA
Member
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 20, 2017
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 96,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I'm focusing on the sitcoms since the site is called Sitcoms Online. I won't be adding the links to any dramas at this time. It would be way too much work to keep updated.
Thatís fine. I just wanted to ask.
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #14
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Moderator
Forum Veteran
 
stevea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2003
Location: Indy
Posts: 13,967
Default

Time for another update...

...to bring us into 2021.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #15
TJ
Owner
Administrator
Senior Member
 
TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2000
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
Time for another update...

...to bring us into 2021.
I don't see anything listed for January 2021 yet. TV Shows on DVD hasn't updated their Facebook page since December 18. Are you aware of any releases?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.