Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime's Winter Ripped from the Headlines; PIX11 Holiday Lineup
Showtime Gets Vanessa Bayer Comedy Pilot; Jeopardy! Sees Who's the GOAT on ABC Primetime
Viacom's Comedy Central Renews The Office & Parks and Recreation; E! Gets New Jason Kennedy Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Horrible news. It was reported that she was doing better, but these new updates from Corbin Bernsen do not sound promising at all.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #17
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

This news makes me so terribly sad... I'm definitely praying for Jeanne and her family...
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Corbin Bernsen posted this last night:

Purgatory. Best way I can describe an indescribable day. Waiting... with swings toward the Peace of Heaven and the Fires of Hell and everything in between. And choices. Choices I never wanted to be faced with. Highs and Lows. At one point mom "left the building" - yes, she was gone, only to come back through the front door, kicking and screaming. A Doctor remarked, "I've been in this situation a thousand times before and have NEVER seen this!" The fighter is out of her corner, amazing us all. Okay, enough with descriptive BS... Long story short, rough, rough day. She's back to square one. I don't want to disclose at this point the specific "illness" though I'm sure many of you are curious. But I don't want a thousand comments about that. Not at this point. In time I will share it all. Just know that she is back in critical condition and needs your continued prayers. As for me. Honestly, I'm a bit lost, in this place - this purgatory - of truly being unsure where we are headed or what is best for her. I also toil with my choices and wonder if they are for me, for all of us... or truly for her. I'm in a haze of uncertainty about that and will be reflecting on it this evening, praying for guidance. In my heart, I see future, I see a fight and though I don't know the quality of that future I can't deny the sanctity of life. A tremendous battle raging inside. I wish I could have better news, or simply be more clear, but these words are a reflection of my state of mind. God Bless you all for your kindness here.

and this earlier today

Woke up to beautiful sunshine this morning. Rays of hope. I'm leaving mom's journey truly in God's hands now. I slept well last night and at least for the moment, am at peace. And that's all I really want for her, either way. In my heart, and I think I'm being unselfish - I think - I do believe there is more for her here, on this earth, in this part of her longer journey. I don't know what it is or why, perhaps just a continued fight for some time to show us all the power we have to make a difference... or maybe simply to encourage me to write about that, share that... our individual power to bring change. For me, the world is suffering right now, and it is only through us, each of us; parents, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and expanded communities of a variety of beliefs, faiths, and political agendas, that when we call on our deepest individual strengths as human beings - like my mom is doing now, hanging on, fighting - that we can come together for the common cause, and perhaps bring remedy to our suffering. Personally, while my faith is clear and has been made clear here, I welcome all into this challenge and conversation. Without judgement. With love. Maybe that is the point of all of this. That is indeed my mother and the lessons she taught me and is now, at the greatest cost, showing me one more time.

Which leads to another concern. I also am feeling a bit selfish this morning. So many of your comments have been about going through things like this personally, today, as we speak. Either yourselves or with a parent or loved one. And here I am, going on about me, me, me. Blah, blah, blah, as someone put it last week. I'm sorry for that, and I want you to know, as I've often remarked here, that when I pray for mom, I always include all of you in my thoughts. I don't speak about it here much, reserving the already lengthy space to my personal situation, but it is in my heart. My mother taught me many years ago that we are all connected, my problem is your problem, your problem is my problem. We are inescapably connected through our humanity. So please know, you are not neglected and I feel for you as though you and your situations are indeed mine. Peace to us all, love to us all, God Bless us all. Going to walk the dog now and breath some fresh air.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have such a horrible feeling.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #20
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

It is truly heartbreaking going back to see if another update had been posted.

Here it is:

Clearly from my messages you all must realize the situation, and that what I had hoped and prayed for - more time - may just end up being the brief moments I had with mom earlier this week. I asked God for time, I got it and tried to fill it with as much love and laughter as I possibly could. Sitting in a movie tonight, mildly distracted from it all, I got a call from my brother and he said we have to stop being unfair. She's struggling too much. We have to let her go. I took it in, calmly, and walked back into the theater, finished the movie - Darn good Iron Man 3. I then went back to my hotel room, where I am now and broke down, conceding any fight I had left. I don't want her in pain. I don't want her in fear. I don't want her in agony. And Jeanne Cooper, Katherine Chancellor, Wilma Jeanne is a fighter! She will kick ass as long as we let her but I know now it is only for us, not for her. I had to think back sitting in her bedroom several days ago... she pointed to several objects, paintings, telling us their "value." Not much really but SHE WANTED US TO KNOW. I think she knew she was ready then, to let go. But she needed to test us to see our reaction - My reaction! Of course I immediately said, "not ready to go there mom," demonstrating exactly what she suspected; that I wasn't ready quite yet. So she hung on. Went another round. The boxer pleasing the team in their corner.

I said goodbye to her yesterday, and even then not fully meaning it or expecting that would be the last time I saw her. But now it will have to do as we enter this weekend letting her final voyage begin. And I'm good with it, honestly. Enough to be saying it here. You all have been a tremendous ear for me, to verbalize my struggles with all of this... even now with these very words... I am good. I am good. I don't want her in pain. I don't want her in fear or agony. Along with her tremendous success she's had too much of all that in her lifetime. And she's shared much of it with all of you, candidly. So I'm giving her this weekend, take the holiday, mom, make it yours, let it take you where it will. My final words to her last night were, "I'll see you again." And I will, either here or there. Prayers please for her safe and peaceful journey. I may take a break here for a bit and stay silent in prayer and mediation for the next few days... Then again, I am my mother's son and staying quiet isn't always an option. May the light of God grace shine upon us all this weekend. Make it about love, compassion, and honesty, and in doing so you will honor my mom and the examples she has always tried to set, to this very moment.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #21
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

The news is very sad. I haven't watched Y&R in years, but I know the tremendous hole Jeanne Cooper's departure will leave on the program. She has the been the driving force for the show since the very beginning. It is difficult to read Corbin's words as he struggles with the thought of losing his beloved Mother. I am keeping Jeanne in my thoughts and deepest prayers and hoping for a miracle as well...
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
Vahan

When did Jeanne Cooper or Corbin Bernsen have anything to do with Iron Man 3?
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #23
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
When did Jeanne Cooper or Corbin Bernsen have anything to do with Iron Man 3?
Who said they did? Go back and read it again.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Vahan

Quote:
I took it in, calmly, and walked back into the theater, finished the movie - Darn good Iron Man 3.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #25
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Corbin was at the theater seeing the movie...it's hardly a relevant point in this thread.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #26
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
It is truly heartbreaking going back to see if another update had been posted.

Here it is:

Clearly from my messages you all must realize the situation, and that what I had hoped and prayed for - more time - may just end up being the brief moments I had with mom earlier this week. I asked God for time, I got it and tried to fill it with as much love and laughter as I possibly could. Sitting in a movie tonight, mildly distracted from it all, I got a call from my brother and he said we have to stop being unfair. She's struggling too much. We have to let her go. I took it in, calmly, and walked back into the theater, finished the movie - Darn good Iron Man 3. I then went back to my hotel room, where I am now and broke down, conceding any fight I had left. I don't want her in pain. I don't want her in fear. I don't want her in agony. And Jeanne Cooper, Katherine Chancellor, Wilma Jeanne is a fighter! She will kick ass as long as we let her but I know now it is only for us, not for her. I had to think back sitting in her bedroom several days ago... she pointed to several objects, paintings, telling us their "value." Not much really but SHE WANTED US TO KNOW. I think she knew she was ready then, to let go. But she needed to test us to see our reaction - My reaction! Of course I immediately said, "not ready to go there mom," demonstrating exactly what she suspected; that I wasn't ready quite yet. So she hung on. Went another round. The boxer pleasing the team in their corner.

I said goodbye to her yesterday, and even then not fully meaning it or expecting that would be the last time I saw her. But now it will have to do as we enter this weekend letting her final voyage begin. And I'm good with it, honestly. Enough to be saying it here. You all have been a tremendous ear for me, to verbalize my struggles with all of this... even now with these very words... I am good. I am good. I don't want her in pain. I don't want her in fear or agony. Along with her tremendous success she's had too much of all that in her lifetime. And she's shared much of it with all of you, candidly. So I'm giving her this weekend, take the holiday, mom, make it yours, let it take you where it will. My final words to her last night were, "I'll see you again." And I will, either here or there. Prayers please for her safe and peaceful journey. I may take a break here for a bit and stay silent in prayer and mediation for the next few days... Then again, I am my mother's son and staying quiet isn't always an option. May the light of God grace shine upon us all this weekend. Make it about love, compassion, and honesty, and in doing so you will honor my mom and the examples she has always tried to set, to this very moment.
Thanks for the update...truly sad news.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #27
Sterling Holobyte

R.I.P. Mrs. Cooper.
Though you will always be Mrs. Chancellor to me.
I pray you have met Jesus in glory, and I pray for your family here on earth for strength during this time.

---------------------------------------------------
Yoda: "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

My 2nd First Blog:http://saturdaymorningfunnies.wordpress.com/
Sterling Holobyte is offline   Reply With Quote